Newbie 873 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by CSL »

Say, here's what I think. You don't have to go along with it, and that's fine.

If cades is going to get replaced, I'd vote him off, because it would give the gamemod, that's Zorblag, less trouble in finding a replacement, because cades would be gone.

Also, in games that I have played, it was better to lynch someone who is posting either ridicuous stuff, or not posting at all, than to lynch someone who is ACTUALLY posting.

Posts = information = more protown than lurking

lurking = nothing from that player = antitown.

The way I'm posting, sure it's a good idea to lynch me, but I actually POST, and not cades.

tl;dr: cades is not posting, I'm posting. Games go faster if lurker is lynched, and not active person.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Question to everyone: If CSL flipped town, who would your next scum candidate be? If he flipped scum? Same two questions for cades if CSL and crummy were convince us to lynch him instead.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by CSL »

If cades flips town, we're screwed. If he flips scum, that's one down.

If I'm lynched, you are all in ylo, and that's a no-no.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@CSL - No. You are twisting the issue. Cades is no more likely to flip town than you are, so lynching him to avoid lylo is stupid. You are making this defense based on the assumption that you are town, which would be a foolish assumption for the rest of us to make. We have already established that you have acted scummier and are a better lynch.

No he isn't posting, and lynching him would make the game go faster. The problem is we have no read on him, which makes it nothing more than a probability play, which because of his lack of content is 1/7. Worse than yours. The game is not forgiving enough to lynch people because they don't post enough. That's why we have replacements. It sucks, but that's the way it is.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by CSL »

Hehehehehe...

You guys won't be responsible for my death...

unvote

Want to know why?

vote: CSL

I am out of options, and defending myself will only fuel more wagonfire. Here's your better lynch, and lylo alert.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Jackabomb snatches the gun out of CSL's hand. He straps CSL to a rock. "Sorry, pal. I already called the killer vote. I would use the chair, but it turned out to be counterfeit. So, I'm going to stick this rock in the tar pit yonder and hope you sink quickly enough so that your screams don't wake me up tonight."

Vote: CSL
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by CSL »

Actually, Jack, I already summoned a huge rock to squish the shit out of me. lol
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by CSL »

EBWOP: It's going to squish you, unless you get out of the way.

Cades is a lynch target tomorrow. He needs to get his ass here. I am looking forward to seeing his scummy ass die a thousand deaths.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

You can't summon any rocks. You're stuck in a tar pit! I did in fact, call hammer vote earlier.

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by CSL »

Too late, I hammered myself. You should've taken the chance, and hammered me earlier, but you lost it. Too bad. Maybe you can be thehammer on a town loss, or preservation. Your choice.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

So? It's still a hammer, it's just not the first hammer. :)

If trying to lynch mafia is this dangerous, we should have just paid that stupid swimming pool debt.

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by CSL »

Yeah. lol
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Don't you think quickhammering like that is scummy? You'll probably be voted tomorrow. If you still want to help the town, tell us how cades is so guilty if you're town.

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by CSL »

Not giving reasonable responses. Trying to hide from us. Only posting when he is under pressure. Why do you not see this?
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Vote count 2.5

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

CSL: 3: MichelSableheart (2), cades (3), foilist13 (5), CSL (7)
cades: 1: Crimmy (6)

Not Voting: dimaba, Jackabomb

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

CSL, townie
is lynched day two.

It is now night two. Deadline for submitting night actions is 11:00 PM EST/8:00 PM PST on Friday, December 18th.

Mod Note: As cades was being prodded when the day ended I will confirm in thread when he replies to the prod via PM. If he doesn't pick up his prod then he will be replaced before the night ends and the night will go till 24 hours past when his replacement is named.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:01 am

Post by Zorblag »

Mod Note: cades has not picked up his prod. I'm looking for a replacement now.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Zorblag »

Mod Note: Kyiv replaces cades as of now. Night will now end at 5:00 PM EST/2:00 PM PST on Saturday, December 19th.

Thanks for replacing, Kyiv!

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:04 am

Post by Zorblag »

Night Two had now ended.

MichelSableheart, townie
is killed night two.

It is now Day Three.

Vote Count 3.0

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Not Voting: Crimmy, dimaba, foilist13, Jackabomb, Kyiv

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch. Currently no one would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 5:00 PM EST/2:00 PM PST on Saturday, January 9th, 2010.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Crimmy
Crimmy
Goon
Crimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Crimmy »

I hate to make posts like this, but I told you all to retreat your votes until we were sure.
(And I said that many times, too.)

Also, I'm really suspecting on ex-cades now. Meaning Kyiv.
~ With the clicking came the Ticking
Of the site that was no more.
Quoth the server: 404. ~
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

In case anyone says that it's unfair to use arguments against a replacement, the only difference is that the replacement has a hard time defending themselves. The same arguments apply.

If you'd like to know cades posted only a few times. First, "I told you so. Jack and CSL are scum". Second, he voted CSL, giving his signature ATE. Third, brief explanation of his vote which didn't tell us anything new.

Total lurking to the point of replacement. Look, he shows up and dissappears. Crimmy, there really isn't anyone to blame for yesterday. CSL suicided.

foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Kyiv - You have replaced the super lurker from hell. Congratulations.

What we need from you now, is for you to read the whole thread, then post a short player analysis of everyone who is still alive. Tell us what you think about them, and why. Who do you think is scummy, and who do you think is town?

I would hate to be in your position, and I will do my best to keep you alive until you've been able to establish a coherent position distinct from that of Cades, as I think that is only fair.

Actually, I think that everyone should post a scum list. Sadly I don't have the time to follow my own advice right now, but I will reread and do so as soon as possible.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

I have a pretty big scum read on cades for obvious reasons *snicker*. I have town reads on crimmy and foilist, leaving dimaba as the last possible scum, though he's done a grand job of blending in. Crimmy has a tendency to err on the side of caution, but that is better than being reckless. Foilist has been generally helpful to everyone. He's been pretty active and seems to scum-hunt hard, even though it hasn't been too successful.

Crimmy
Crimmy
Goon
Crimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by Crimmy »

Well, all I can say, right now, is that I know what precise game style we're using.
It's the F11 with the Mafia roleblocker.
~ With the clicking came the Ticking
Of the site that was no more.
Quoth the server: 404. ~
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

We've known it was F11. That's the standard for all newbie games.

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Crimmy, who are your scum suspects?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”