charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:36 am

Post by charlatan »

Please see this paragraph again:
Charlatan wrote: In your case, I agreed with some of your points in theoretical discussions and had no problem with your Day 1 bandwagon. However, when I asked myself why I thought you were a pro-town role I found that I could not think of good reasons. Considering you were more suspicious to other players (and I believe in the wisdom of groups), I thought I could solidify my murky read on you with a track. I'm glad I did. So yes, now I have to re-evaluate my entire read on you with the new knowledge.
I'm as fallible as any other player, and frequently re-evaluate my opinions, especially at the end of a day that hasn't gone as well as I'd like it to.
Zito wrote: You based your #1 suspect of the day on someone's continual attacks on me. To feel this way you must have had me as town being attacked by scum.
Again, I was not lying in the beginning when I thought you were likely town. I simply decided I might be mistaken (and now know I was). Even if that were not the case, the above statement would be false; scum just as often manufacture BS arguments for distancing/bussing purposes against other scum as they do against town.
Zito wrote:
charlatan wrote:Then there's the bit about how proving alignment with a track is so inefficient and therefore I couldn't possibly have done it
No. I said to assume that a track would prove someone's alignment one way or another is sheer lunacy.
Well, I certainly didn't assume it would. I had hoped it would, as anyone using an investigative role would. Considering that you were the only result on a person who died, it seemed pretty conclusive to me. Your vanilla claim solidifies it. I'm honestly not even sure what point you're trying to make here.
Zito wrote:
charlatan wrote:and how I should have tracked Scien since I didn't have a great read on him (I did)
Haha, can't keep your story straight now.
charlatan wrote:I find this pretty interesting, because I'm having a hard time getting a handle on Scien this game, too, and I find this comment surprising.
You made this comment D2.
Right, remember when my result was that he targeted nobody? That didn't help my read of him one way or another until massclaim time, and even now it only slightly tips the scale in the favor of believing his vanilla claim.
Zito wrote:
charlatan wrote:Your read was irrelevant in that regard. The fact that you considered the NK to be about you and him sniping back and forth at the end of Day 1 suggests that you didn't even agree with yourself here.
English. Do you speak it?
Actually, I teach it. What about the above statement confuses you? I'll clarify.
Oh, that wasn't part of your case? lol okay then, your case was even smaller than I thought.
If only upping the word count would entice you to roll over and come clean. I'm not worried about convincing you of anything, I'm concerned with showing townies that a) my reasoning was, if not perfect, consistent and deliberate and b) the track result does make sense. Plenty has been said about you, as I said in that post, and I don't feel the need to parrot the good points others have made along the way. Even based on your own arguments about the setup, the most logical choice today is to lynch you.
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Papa Zito »

charlatan wrote:I'm as fallible as any other player, and frequently re-evaluate my opinions, especially at the end of a day that hasn't gone as well as I'd like it to.
You mean like I did with AGar? Oh noes, there goes a hunk of your case.

---
charlatan wrote:[1]Again, I was not lying in the beginning when I thought you were likely town. [2]I simply decided I might be mistaken (and now know I was). [3]Even if that were not the case, the above statement would be false; scum just as often manufacture BS arguments for distancing/bussing purposes against other scum as they do against town.
1. Oh good, you've admitted it in thread now. This supports what I said.
2. This was NOT your argument. You said you tracked me to "solidify a murky read". Even though you just admitted to having a townie read on me. And even though, on Day 2, you admitted to having "a hard time getting a handle on Scien."
3. What reason did I have to distance a buddy? Was I in danger of being lynched and needed to protect myself? Was my buddy in danger of being lynched and I needed townie cred? Try to make this make sense from a Zito-scum perspective.

---
charlatan wrote:Right, remember when my result was that he targeted nobody? That didn't help my read of him one way or another until massclaim time, and even now it only slightly tips the scale in the favor of believing his vanilla claim.
So this is your story then.

Day 1: Zito's town. Dunno about Scien. Let's track him to figure out his alignment.
Night 1: Scien didn't do anything. Oh. Well that doesn't say anything about his alignment anyway.
Day 2: Zito's town. Dunno about Scien. Let's track Zito to figure out his alignment.

This doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

---
charlatan wrote:Actually, I teach it. What about the above statement confuses you? I'll clarify.
Rephrase this:
charlatan wrote: The fact that you considered the NK to be about you and him sniping back and forth at the end of Day 1 suggests that you didn't even agree with yourself here.
---
charlatan wrote:If only upping the word count would entice you to roll over and come clean.
No, what it means is that you had to quickly manufacture a case when your alleged track didn't convince the town fast enough, and you couldn't really come up with much because goddamit PZ is actually town and fabricating cases is
hard
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:56 am

Post by charlatan »

Papa Zito wrote: You mean like I did with AGar? Oh noes, there goes a hunk of your case.
No, not like what you did with AGar at all. The difference is that I explained my thought process and how I came from Old Conclusion to New Conclusion. You did not. The idea that that townies should explain their reasoning and justify their votes is hardly controversial. It's the same with your Sando vote, really -- if the entirety of your reasoning for wanting to vote for a guy is his interaction with the people actively attacking him, then I'd expect you'd at least want to say that.

Is that your official position now, by the way? That you hammered because of what others were saying? Or that you wanted a lynch at deadline?
1. Oh good, you've admitted it in thread now. This supports what I said.
If you've been reading the thread, you will have noticed that I've already said more than once that I had a vague town read on you, but upon reflection could not come up with a good reason why I thought that at all.
2. This was NOT your argument. You said you tracked me to "solidify a murky read". Even though you just admitted to having a townie read on me. And even though, on Day 2, you admitted to having "a hard time getting a handle on Scien."
I guess I'll just quote myself yet again: "However, when I asked myself
why
I thought you were a pro-town role I found that I could not think of good reasons." How does that communicate anything other than "I might have been mistaken in my initial reactions"? You're reaching. Unless I misunderstand your flailing here, it seems like you're suggesting that I should have targeted Scien a second time? But, before, that targeting someone to clear up unclear reads was stupid? Having gotten a no-target result on Scien Day 1 was much more than nothing, in case it hasn't occurred to you: if, at any point in the remainder of the game he fakeclaimed a PR that targeted on N1, I would be able to bust him. This was also part of the reason I was fine with a massclaim in what I believe to be a likely MLYO situation (which, again, I have already said). If I had it to do over again, I would still target someone other than Scien on Day 2.
3. What reason did I have to distance a buddy? Was I in danger of being lynched and needed to protect myself? Was my buddy in danger of being lynched and I needed townie cred? Try to make this make sense from a Zito-scum perspective.
Do you only distance yourself from buddies when you're on the verge of a lynch, or are you a better player than that?
Day 1: Zito's town. Dunno about Scien. Let's track him to figure out his alignment.
Night 1: Scien didn't do anything. Oh. Well that doesn't say anything about his alignment anyway.
Day 2: Zito's town. Dunno about Scien. Let's track Zito to figure out his alignment.

This doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Of course it does. If you were not busted scum, you wouldn't have to pretend I'm dumber than I am, nor should you have to try and straw-man me.

You're certainly overestimating the strength of my town read on you. I don't know how sure you are of things Day 1, but I would never conclusively have said anyone was town. Scien was not playing the same way I'd seen him play before, and was generally much less involved. So, track Scien and see what happens.

The result did not say anything about his alignment then, but easily could have later. Day 2, my Scien read was not great but with the potential to become very strong later as a result of my no-target result. Not complicated. Do I target Scien again, or move on to another target who I want to know more about, one who is suspect to other players but who I may have potentially been fooled by? If I realize that I think someone's town but cannot tell myself why I think that, 100% of the time I will start over with them. The same applies to scum reads. This is called critical thinking and it is a very useful tool for the game of Mafia.
Rephrase this:
charlatan wrote: The fact that you considered the NK to be about you and him sniping back and forth at the end of Day 1 suggests that you didn't even agree with yourself here.
Unless I am confused, you are saying that the connection between you and SC was more or less negligible and that it would not have been an important factor in upcoming days. Yet, at the beginning of Day 2, you were willing to speculate that SC was killed to incriminate you, which suggests the exact opposite.
No, what it means is that you had to quickly manufacture a case when your alleged track didn't convince the town fast enough, and you couldn't really come up with much because goddamit PZ is actually town and fabricating cases is
hard
That's silly. If I wanted to, I could say the same thing about how you have been only partially present in the thread until people started voting for you. Now, suddenly, you can't be dismissive. See how easy that was? Let's not waste our time with this level of play.
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Less talking, more lynching Zito scum. It could not be any more freaking obvious.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Zorblag »

Yes, Troll be inclined to agree that it be clear now. Further him be unlikely to give away any more information about partners than him already has and Troll thinks that others have largely had a chance to react enough to make use of their reads for tomorrow. Troll be ready to put him at L-1 and no has a reason to delay the hammer at this point.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Vote: Papa Zito
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by BigBear »

Vote CountPapa Zito - (4) - Charlatan, Albert B. Rampage, VP Balter, Zorblog,
Charlatan - (1) - Papa Zito

Not Voting

Ojanen, Crypto, Scien,

5 to lynch

Deadline is in ~5 days, December 23rd at 11:59 PM EST

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Dearest PZ scum buddies,

At this point it is quite obvious you are late to the party. However, not all is lost! You've stalled and kicked the dirt around for some time now, but it is apparent that your tactics have failed and the time has come for you to bus. To this end, we have left a nice warm seat for you on the tail of this wagon that would allow you to receive at least SOME town credit that you could desperately cling to in a subsequent day as you are about to be lynched. If you act now, I promise you will be the last one lynched and you will at least be able to say, "well...I was the last one lynched."

Yours most sincerely,

VPB
YOUR AD HERE

Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:59 am

Post by Ojanen »

Greetings from Mongolia. Found internet, caught up and am confident in

vote Papa Zito
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:03 am

Post by Ojanen »

since I forgot the colon,
unvote; vote: Papa Zito
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

VP Baltar wrote:Dearest PZ scum buddies,

At this point it is quite obvious you are late to the party. However, not all is lost! You've stalled and kicked the dirt around for some time now, but it is apparent that your tactics have failed and the time has come for you to bus. To this end, we have left a nice warm seat for you on the tail of this wagon that would allow you to receive at least SOME town credit that you could desperately cling to in a subsequent day as you are about to be lynched. If you act now, I promise you will be the last one lynched and you will at least be able to say, "well...I was the last one lynched."

Yours most sincerely,

VPB
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

It just happened. I appreciate the shout out though.
YOUR AD HERE

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:39 am

Post by crypto »

Sorry, I was unaware that limited access is a scum tell. :x :? If you look, I haven't posted in any of my games for a day or two. I would have voted for PZ, though. Balt, I find your argument sort of flimsy considering I've been probing and suspecting PZ for some time now, when other players haven't.

That said, if I
had
gotten the chance to post yesterday I'm not sure I would've voted then and there. The Baltar-Zorblag push still gives me a sour feeling. But if PZ flips scum, I'll feel a lot better. If he doesn't, charlatan's an auto-lynch anyway so it doesn't matter (assuming—or rather hoping to God—that we aren't in MYLO).

But yeah, come deadline I'd have to go with PZ. He just hasn't defended himself adequately, and charlatan-scum absolutely would
not
have had to fake-claim in order to get a mislynch today. Hell, there were several relatively easy lynch targets, myself included, and if anything I think a fake claim would've been an obstruction. Even if charlatan did fake-claim, I'd think he/she/it would frame an easier target than PZ and avoid the whole "Tracking PZ makes no sense, therefore you are scum!" insanity. There's really no plus for charlatan-scum to choose PZ over me or maybe Scien or . . .

Oh, and back to PZ, I still find his AGar meta and day 2 flip-flop incredibly scummy. AGar wasn't playing like he does as scum . . . but then PZ admits he isn't playing like town either, and uses that to push the wagon. Lollery.

Scum-O-Meter[0.0] charlatan*
[0.2] Ojanen
[0.3] Scien
[0.4] VP Baltar
[0.6] Zorblag
[0.7] Albert B. Rampage
[1.0] Papa Zito

* Depends on Papa Zito's flip.

I'm still not grasping this game very well on an intuitive level. It's irritating to have to go back and reread isos. over and over to force out a read on a particular player. I guess that'd make sense if there are only two mafiosi, but I really don't see that happening (shrug). Guess I'll do yet another reread of some sort tonight.

For good measure, despite the hammer:

Vote in spirit: Papa Zito.
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:43 am

Post by BigBear »

In the midst of all the fighting, everyone began giving proofs of what there jobs are that help the town. Some men gave proof that they are members of the town by showing their birth certificates, and others by finding their fingerprints in the town records. With the list winding down there were only a few left to claim their allegiance. Charlatan decided it was now time to point out what he saw last night. He claimed to have seen Papa Zito murder someone. The town quickly jumped on the wagon, they knew that if they had the right guy, that would lead the town one step closer to victory!

So, BigBear wanted to finish this quickly, he asked for a quick raise of the hand vote, to see if the majority accepted this truth. Nearly everyone raised their hands but a few. BigBear wanted to end this quickly. Papa Zito proclaimed that he had no intention of hurting the town, he was just a simple farmer!! BigBear said it was time to finish this, and to do it fast. With a quick slip of his hand BigBear pulled out his gun and shot Zito in the chest. Zito screamed loudly, the yelled about the pain. But there wasn't anything he could do. After a minute of of profuse bleeding, BigBear rummaged through his pockets only to find a card, a card commemorating him for his services towards the mayor. Papa Zito really did belong to the town.

With that, BigBear was stunned. He yelled to everyone,
"No one is leaving the saloon until we finish this! We're going to be sleeping here tonight. Lock the doors and windows,"
he directed towards Zorblog. And with that everything was locked up.
"Everyone, get some rest. We've had a long day."

Papa Zito - Shot by BigBear - Day 3 -
Townsfolk

Vote CountPapa Zito - (5) - Charlatan, Albert B. Rampage, VP Balter, Zorblog, Ojanen
Charlatan - (1) - Papa Zito

Not Voting

Crypto, Scien,

5 to lynch

Night 3 will end Sunday at 11:59 PM EST.

Please note that this is NOT a modkill, it just went well with flavor
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:13 am

Post by BigBear »

The morning came early for the town of Antioch. The sky was not yet lit, and the town was still asleep. Unbeknown-st to the villagers, the killers were on the loose again. With sudden skill and precision, the dirty scum began killing off the inhabitants of the saloon. They slit the throats of three men, Scien, VP Balter, crypto and even Zorblog. The scum were quiet, but on the last one Zorblog squealed a little bit, if only enough to wake up the sheriff BigBear. BigBear looked in awe, scared and shocked at the same time...
"How... Could you?"
he asked. And with a wry smile on his face Albert B. Rampage looked at BigBear directly and in a deep voice he replied,
"Because we can...
" With that the two others began walking out the door of the saloon, looking for their horses.

"
So why are you leaving me alive?"
BigBear said to Rampage.
"Somebody has to tell our story, of how the three scum massacred and destroyed a whole town through diplomacy. We tore your little city to pieces from the inside out. And now we're going to burn it to the ground.
"

Immediately after that BigBear rose to his feet only to hear glass shattering, and a small bottle of whiskey flew into the room. Suddenly the bottle burst into flames when it hit the floor. BigBear didn't have much time, as he crawled through the broken window glass shards cut his forearms and legs as he fell to the ground. He saw the three strangers ridding their horses, throwing more Molotov's into the other houses and stores. The city began to lit, families that realized what was happening ran into the streets, crying asking who could have done this. No one knew where to go. They saw BigBear leaning against the burning, they ran to him, pulled him into the center of the street, near the tree of life which had still been untouched. They asked what happened, they asked if he knew who did this, and did all of the killings...

"The three strangers killed everyone. They burned the town down. Their gone now, they rode off towards Indian City, who knows what they are planning to do."
Someone asked if they should send a courier to Indian City, the answer was obviously yes.

As BigBear began was bandaged up by a local woman, he looked up at the tree of life, the backbone of their society.
"This faithful tree has been here for years, and it will be here for years to come. As long as the tree is around, there will be a town surrounding it. Tomorrow we will begin to rebuild the city together as a community. We will not let these evildoers turn ourselves against each other."
And with that, BigBear laid his head down next to the tree, the others soon did the same. They knew there was no chance in stopping the fires, as they were beginning to engulf the entire city.

There was not one building standing by the morning, but that would not stop the determination of the town to rebuild their loving town.

Crypto - Townsfolk - Throat was slit night 4
Scien - Townsfolk - murdered was slit in endgame
VP Baltar - Townsfolk - murdered was slit in endgame
Zorblag- Townsfolk - murdered was slit in endgame

Scum Victory
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:15 am

Post by BigBear »

Revised Set Up Schematics

2 Scum goons
1 scum role blocker
1 - 1 shot vig
1 Bulletproof vest that could be passed around.
7 Vanilla Townies

Scum PM's

Goons - Charlatan and Albert B. Rampage
Charlatan, you are Mafia

You and your partners Ojanen, and Albert B. Rampage (another Mafia player ) are here to destroy the town. You have several important abilities: you may use your voice in the thread and you may vote. In addition to that, during the night phase you may talk with your partner, and decide who to kill in the night. Your partner has an extra ability in that he may prevent one player from fulfilling their night action.

If your partner dies, you may only submit your night kill.

You win when nothing can prevent your team from being the only players left.
Confirm VIA game thread which is located here

Role Blocker - Ojanen
Ojanen, you are Mafia

You and your partners Charlatan, and Albert B. Rampage (another Mafia player ) are here to destroy the town. You have several important abilities: you may use your voice in the thread and you may vote. In addition to that, during the night phase you may talk with your partner, and decide who to kill in the night. You have an extra ability in that he may prevent one player from fulfilling their night action.

If you die, your partners may only submit the night kill.

You win when nothing can prevent your team from being the only players left.
Confirm VIA game thread which is located here

Town

Bulletproof Vest - Scien
Scien , you are Town

You have two very important abilities - your voice and your vote.
In addition to that you have been given a piece of equipment. It protects you while you wear it on your chest. You will be invincible while wearing it. At night you may give it to someone else, or you may keep it all for yourself. The choice is yours.

You win when all anti-town players are defeated.

1 Shot Vig - SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman, you are Town

On top of that you have one extra tool. You are able to choose one player during the night to send to the grave. You may only use this ability once.

Vanilla Town - Everyone Else
XXX, you are Town

Mod Notes:

-The difference between the two games was adding an extra goon and throwing on a town 1shot vig. So the original set up was...
*1 Mafia Goon - 1 RoleBlocker Mafia
*BP Vest that could be passed around
*9 Vanilla Townies
-I Had to change the set up because I accidentally PM'd a vanilla townie with the Scum PM, I don't know how that happened. Vi and I quickly went over what to do so that we didn't waste too much time.
-I probably should have put another role in, possibly a tracker.
-One of the major falling points for the town was losing the vig on night 1, that was a great kill by scum
- Another thing that i should have stressed, was specifically to Scien and SerialClergyman, neither of them recognized that they had additional power roles until I mentioned it in the "green zone" QT, and when I pm'd Scien to see if he understood his role.
-And at first I thought Scien was just being greedy with his vest.
-Scum played a very good game, Charlatan did fantastic, his town points really helped with his claim.
-I would not have ended the game earlier if scum had not targeted Scien as their roleblock. He was the only chance of survival, if he had passed it off to Crypto without being role blocked, there would have been another day.
-In retrospect, in accordance with the rules, I should not have counted day 2's lynch. It should have been a no lynch. The only way that I justified it, was because he was only 10 minutes off, and i know i've played other games where the same situation has happened, only I was in Charlatans position. (just not as scum)

Scum Quick Topic
Green Zone

Night Actions

Night 1

Amished (Charlatan) targeted SerialClergyman
Ojanen Blocks Zorblog

Night 2

Charlatan Targets ODDin
Ojanen Blocks VP Balter

Night 3

Charlatan Targets Crypto
Ojanen Blocks Scien
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:34 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

Congratulations scum.

I actually should apologise to the town, I hadn't realised my second role PM gave me a 1-shot kill, so if I'd actually taken it and hit Amished it could have been a vastly different game.

The lack of pressure on Amished after D1 where I was pushing the wagon pretty hard and noone seemed to be pushing sando particularly strongly was weird, but the replacement halo probably came into affect.

All in all, I thought the scum were fantastic and deserved their win, congrats!
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:36 am

Bigbear - it was my fault for not reading the role PM more closely, but in future I'd definitely not make the first two lines of the role PM identical to the vanilla PM. When you hear you are town and have two abilities, your voice and your vote, you tend to switch off. It's still my fault, but you know, for the sake of clarity I think saying 'You are a 1-shot vig' might grab the attention a little more :D
I'm old now.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:50 am

Post by Sando »

Nicely played scum.

As we discussed in the green zone, lack of talking about failed lynches and the NKs meant Amished had literally no pressure in D2. How someone with that sort of BW doesn't even get mentioned on D2 when a townie is the other BW blew my (our, was chatting with Serial a fair bit about it) mind.

I think we were more bemused in the Green Zone than anything else. 606 was a pretty funny moment though :P

BTW Ojanen, if I'm ever in a game with you and Serial and Serial dies N1, totally policy lynching you the next day :P

Thanks for modding BC.
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:15 am

Post by BigBear »

SerialClergyman wrote:Bigbear - it was my fault for not reading the role PM more closely, but in future I'd definitely not make the first two lines of the role PM identical to the vanilla PM. When you hear you are town and have two abilities, your voice and your vote, you tend to switch off. It's still my fault, but you know, for the sake of clarity I think saying 'You are a 1-shot vig' might grab the attention a little more :D
Well the whole point of the Role Pm's were to be slightly vague on purpose. However I should have spaced them it out a little more.

Just information for the future :lol:
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:29 am

Post by Vi »

BigBear wrote:-I Had to change the set up because I accidentally PM'd a vanilla townie with the Scum PM, I don't know how that happened. Vi and I quickly went over what to do so that we didn't waste too much time.
Had this not been an invitational game, I would have held firm for simply replacing Amished. Changing the function of the setup at the last minute is asking for disaster.
However, the original setup was Goon+Roleblocker vs. Mobile Bulletproof Vest. In retrospect the Vest was swingier than I initially thought - if it actually blocked a kill and was then claimed, the two-person scumteam was in trouble. So perhaps the revised setup was more balanced. That and it precluded ABR from... etc.
-In retrospect, in accordance with the rules, I should not have counted day 2's lynch. It should have been a no lynch.
This.
I like the concept of no reveal if the lynch is too late, but it should be in your ruleset somewhere if you're going to do that.
As a mod you should try to do as little off-the-cuff as possible.
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:09 am

Post by BigBear »

Vi wrote:
-In retrospect, in accordance with the rules, I should not have counted day 2's lynch. It should have been a no lynch.
This.
I like the concept of no reveal if the lynch is too late, but it should be in your ruleset somewhere if you're going to do that.
As a mod you should try to do as little off-the-cuff as possible.

Well, that wasn't at all why i chose to hide the lynch reveal. It just seemed to fit with the flavor that I came up with. I had no intention of doing that before the game had started, it just seemed, however, if that sort of thing happens every now and then, that would be interesting, and I may implement that in later games. And with that, I probably should have toned down some of the flavor. The papa Zito lynch looked like a mod kill, so much that I had to put that notice there.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:38 am

Post by Ojanen »

Sando wrote:BTW Ojanen, if I'm ever in a game with you and Serial and Serial dies N1, totally policy lynching you the next day :P
Yeah, ironical I have killed him twice on N1 considering he's one of my favorite players.
But it wasn't my idea!
*guiltily points at Amished in quicktopic*

I wish to apologize for my lack of access this game day, and also when I was sick. I dislike heavily ending up on limited access as scum even more than as town, because it's not something that town can blame me on but still often ends up slightly favoring me.

Good work from charlatan and Albert, and also Amished. I've never felt as bad about a mafia game as I ended up feeling after I pointlessly and almost lynch-triggeringly distanced from an active and not-that-suspected scumbuddy on D1. :D
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

GG, scum.

I think there were a few factors that contributed to the town being completely out-classed this game.

1) I played terribly and wasn't as interested in this game as I should have been. I always feel a personal responsibility for town losses if I'm around this long and don't produce some actual good content. Boo me. I don't know what it was, but I could just never get traction with my thoughts in this game. I thought I really had something with Raskol, but then crypto replaced and felt very noobish so I basically went back to square one.

2) General town disinterest. The activity level here sucked for the most part on such short deadlines and when people were posting (myself included), much of it was garbage that was not really helping find scum. Crypto's whole theory was a huge alley way that did not need to be gone down at all. PZ was very disinterested in this game as well, which was unfortunate. Troll did a good job later in the game I thought, but we were already down so far with the AGar lynch (giving up is an awful tactic, btw, please don't do that again) I don't think we could have done much to turn it around.

3) Replacements! I hate replacements. I was really quite disappointed when Amished was replaced with ABR because I don't know ABR at all. Having at least some meta is useful and I think if Amished had stayed I might have had a better chance of at least catching onto him. I'm glad at least that I have a bit of a scum meta on Oj and charlatan because they are both p. good at looking town and I've never seen either as scum.

4) What little power roles we had missing their opportunities. Accidental of course, but with 3 (good) scum and a lazy town, we needed every bit of help we could get.

My only other comment would be: Scien, stop tunneling the shit out of me! I was pretty certain you were town, but I could not get you to look anywhere else. lol. I think you were still harboring reads from our last game.
YOUR AD HERE

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:13 am

Ojanen - next time I get even a whiff of a night kill, you're in my sights! :D

VP - thanks for finally siding with one of my bizarre theories on D1.. I was very touched to hear you'd voted Amished :P
I'm old now.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Scien »

Sigh... I am going to get hell for this one...
BigBear wrote:- [1] Another thing that i should have stressed, was specifically to Scien and SerialClergyman, neither of them recognized that they had additional power roles until I mentioned it in the "green zone" QT, and when I pm'd Scien to see if he understood his role.
- [2] And at first I thought Scien was just being greedy with his vest.
- [3] Scum played a very good game, Charlatan did fantastic, his town points really helped with his claim.
- [4] I would not have ended the game earlier if scum had not targeted Scien as their roleblock. He was the only chance of survival, if he had passed it off to Crypto without being role blocked, there would have been another day.
1) Ya this sucked and I am sorry guys. I got the original PM, which was normal VT. I got the replacement role and read to the part that said VT, then I guess I shut my brain off. I totally didn't know that I had a vest until after BigBear showed up to tell PapaZ that he could answer the role question (after the claim), that's when he fixed my mind. I probably would have told you guys I had it in the claim if I knew. Instead I was stuck in a position where I was weighing pros and cons. In the end I was gambling that we hit the correct scum in that PapaZ/Charlatan pair and I could spring something on the scum that night. It was wreaking my world view because I wanted to say something about PapaZ's claim, but was pretty sure he was the scum. I handled the situation badly, even after I was told about my mistake it seems. You can give me crap for it now... I need to learn from it anyway, and it was my first power role.
[2] Secondly, even if I knew I had this vest I would have likely held onto it anyways. Listen to this vest guys... it seems overpowered to me. Protects me from both NKs and Lynches, would end the day if I got lynched with a no-lynch, could be passed to anyone during the night, and it would save them that night, after they got it they too could pass it around. If I happened to give that vest to a scum... game over. I couldn't risk that :(. I would have held onto it last night anyway due to the confusion of not knowing who was scum that night, or who the likely target would be. Meh I guess I suck at power roles. (Yes I realize that I had the game on me at that point. Just didn't know what to do.)
[3] Ya, Charlatan in particular. Only played with Ojenan once, and he was scary then. I bet the game would have been different with him more active. Dunno about ABR, kept hearing about him, and he occasionally had awesome posts here too, but I think he suffered from a case of the aways. Won't stop me being afraid due to reputation, but this might have made it so that I will be a tad less scared around him.
[4] Meh.
SC wrote:Bigbear - it was my fault for not reading the role PM more closely, but in future I'd definitely not make the first two lines of the role PM identical to the vanilla PM. When you hear you are town and have two abilities, your voice and your vote, you tend to switch off. It's still my fault, but you know, for the sake of clarity I think saying 'You are a 1-shot vig' might grab the attention a little more Very Happy
QFT, both the my fault part, and the ways to potentially avoid it in the future. Even if you are trying to make it more vague I would put the tool on the same sentence: "You have two very important abilities - your voice and your vote... Oh and you have one extra tool. You are able to choose one player during the night to send to the grave. You may only use this ability once."

Heh just a suggestion. I am no mod.
VP wrote:In retrospect the Vest was swingier than I initially thought - if it actually blocked a kill and was then claimed, the two-person scumteam was in trouble. So perhaps the revised setup was more balanced. That and it precluded ABR from... etc.
Is it not feasible for a more liberal person to end the game night 1 by passing it to scum? If the scum team gets their hands on it, it ends the game no? I never heard that it didn't work for scum. Woah if it didn't work for scum, you could even use it in a type of cop ploy. Heh, pass it around and see if the matched recipients say they got it. Either the scum get it eventually and pass it to their scum buddies, or start breaking the tradition of moving it to a new person every night. Would have to think about that.
VP wrote:Scien, stop tunneling the shit out of me! I was pretty certain you were town, but I could not get you to look anywhere else. lol. I think you were still harboring reads from our last game.
Nah, I can assure you that I was not. I 'turned on' around this time, because I was honestly curious about your motives, and thought I should pressure you a bit more to figure them out. I wasn't bringing in a grudge or anything, really I wasn't. Also I wouldn't call it a tunnel... just a pursuit. Anyway, sorry about that heh.

I'll read more later. Meh I hate this vest...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”