Open 189~Trouble@Warren State Mental Hosp (Over)

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Xdaamno wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:Also VP I suppose you are saying that I might be pretending to forget the cop claim as a gambit (unless you think scum is more likely to forget that fact than town,) which is similar to what tajo is talking about, but I do advocate the position that I basically suck at mafia. Two such gambits in a row would be a bit too creative, don't you think?
I never called you scum, nor did I say you were pulling a gambit. Now vote Howard.
Out of interest, what was your point with that post then? It otherwise just seems like you're trying to defame me.

(also I'd like to throw in a pre-empt for you saying 'Now vote Howard' at the end of your next post - I'll think about it, but I'm busy now.)
Of course I am. Your fame has always made me jealous and I'd like to bring you down a few notches.

Anyhow, voting Howard doesn't take thought. It's very zen. Just
be
the vote.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Cat
Cat
Townie
Cat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Cat »

HowardRoark: Yes, I knew he switched his vote, which made me slightly think that he was trying to evade my question. But now he's answered it and I don't think he meant to.

Still waiting for Hyl's answer, of course.
Show
Meow.

[b]Officially the game-playing alt of skitzer.
skitzer is for modding and MishMash.
Khamisa is retired.[/b]
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:02 am

Post by HowardRoark »

@populartajo: I've already stated who and why. You've stated who, but have blatantly ignored the question of why.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Since we've actually decided to not play this game anymore. VOTE HOWARD ROARK. ffs, stop making me repeat myself.
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by Vi »

VP Baltar 328 wrote:Since we've actually decided to not play this game anymore. VOTE HOWARD ROARK. ffs, stop making me repeat myself.
I'll repeat you for you ^.^

VOTE HOWARD ROARK.

that means stop being an embarrassment to mafiascum, scumchat, and your biological parents and vote to lynch scum
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:17 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

My availability is currently sporadic due to the various demands of family and such over Christmas.

While I'm here, though...
unvote, vote VP Beltar
. I find the vehemence with which he is pursuing Howard to be quite disturbing, given the horrific weakness of the case made against him.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Vi »

DizzyIzzyB13 330 wrote:While I'm here, though...
unvote, vote VP Beltar
. I find the vehemence with which he is pursuing Howard to be quite disturbing, given the horrific weakness of the case made against him.
doubleplus ungood
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

haha. While I fully expected that accusation to come sooner or later ("stop trying to lynch people! We're busy not posting anything."), Izzy was last person I expected it to come from. That was humorous.
YOUR AD HERE

Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Xdaamno »

After a few moment's thought, I think I would be happy to lynch HR today.

Unvote, Vote: HowardRoark

Izzy made me realise that the flip will tell us quite a bit about what is going on here, and, yeah, the game is stalling a bit.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:52 am

Post by tubby216 »

**************************holiday policy*************************

so what I am going to do is wait till dec 27. At that point I will send out all nessasary prods. players will have 24 hrs to respond to prod. If they fail to respond to prod I will replace them.

I know everyone has a life I am trying to allow for that. However i willl not let the game die because of it because its not fair to those activily trying in this game.

Agian i thank you all for playing in this game and i wish you and your families the very best this holiday season
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:28 am

Post by Vi »

Xdaamno 333 wrote:Izzy made me realise that the flip will tell us quite a bit about what is going on here
Do tell.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:23 am

Post by HowardRoark »

So, we've got . . .

VP Baltar's vote (97) for a statement I've explained and he was unable to continue using as an attack, and (277) a PBPA concluding that I've been "coasting outside of the fray."

populartajo's vote (296) with no reasoning, but an taste of FoS scum partner vote another: "Decent votes: HowardRoak, Baltar is improving but still bothers me some." His vote was on VP Baltar.

Vi's vote (300) because "it is someone scummy and there's a larger wagon over thisaway." Add (318) for having done nothing seemingly pro-town while offering several others who are comparable. (IMHO a list which leaves out some even poorer performers such as Cat and Otto Ulberiecht / Porochaz.)

Xdaamno's vote (333) with no reasoning other than being able to analyze my flip. (My wagon is increasing, and his is decreasing.)

The difficult question: Which of these votes is the scummiest? The answer: Difficult to determine. Best guess would be Xdaamno (maybe biased on that based on my existing suspicion) and populartajo.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Vi »

HowardRoark 326 wrote:So, we've got . . .

VP Baltar's vote (97) for a statement I've explained and he was unable to continue using as an attack, and (277) a PBPA concluding that I've been "coasting outside of the fray."

populartajo's vote (296) with no reasoning, but an taste of FoS scum partner vote another: "Decent votes: HowardRoak, Baltar is improving but still bothers me some." His vote was on VP Baltar.

Vi's vote (300) because "it is someone scummy and there's a larger wagon over thisaway." Add (318) for having done nothing seemingly pro-town while offering several others who are comparable. (IMHO a list which leaves out some even poorer performers such as Cat and Otto Ulberiecht / Porochaz.)

Xdaamno's vote (333) with no reasoning other than being able to analyze my flip. (My wagon is increasing, and his is decreasing.)

The difficult question: Which of these votes is the scummiest? The answer: Difficult to determine. Best guess would be Xdaamno (maybe biased on that based on my existing suspicion) and populartajo.
ITT, reactionary scumhunting!

Also, Cat is probTown IMO. saberwolf is probably also Town, which is a relief because I doubt Poro's ability to say anything enlightening tbh. To answer about the person you left out, I initially thought Qooq was Town but upon reread I'm not sure if that should be so.

@mod: Please replace Qooq. This has nothing to do with the holidays and everything to do with last posting on the 13th.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Vi »

Actually, I would like to check on my Cat read.

@Cat:
Do you still like your vote for Xdaamno?
Do you think there is anyone else who is scummy in this game?
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:47 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Vi wrote:
Xdaamno 333 wrote:Izzy made me realise that the flip will tell us quite a bit about what is going on here
Do tell.
VP looks like he's probably trying to do the best thing for the town here (i.e. lynching a suspiscious player and moving the game along,) but the possibility of him just leading the town is one I want to investigate if Izzy flips town. This wagon developed fairly quickly so I think it'll be easy to analyse tommorow - also, in my mind, at least, up until this point, the opinions of a few central players on this wagon have been recorded. Finally, for the purposes of transparency, the vote was perhaps 20% or so procrastination until tommorow when I think things will be clearer to me.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:50 am

Post by HowardRoark »

I still feel strongest that Xdaamno is scum. (*sniped*) @Xdaamno: I thought you were talking about my flip. Explain.

I've asked for reasoning for the votes on me, yet have received little clarification. There's been a lot of inactivity which inhibits developing reads.

Why do you believe Cat to be town? Your only interaction is
Vi (140) wrote:
Cat 137 wrote:Also, the collision of veterans and newer people makes this game slightly more difficult.
I'm curious. Could you list the vets vs. the newer people, quickly? (Hint: Otto U. is an alt)
Is your Porochaz read based solely on the saberwolf claim?

I did forget about Qooq.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:51 am

Post by Vi »

Xdaamno 339 wrote:but the possibility of him just leading the town is one I want to investigate if Izzy flips town.
1) So... what are you doing to
counter
VP Baltar's attempts to lead the Town, or otherwise show that said Town-leading is
not
the best thing a Townie could do right now?
2) When do you expect to see Izzy flip Town?
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Vi wrote:
Xdaamno 339 wrote:but the possibility of him just leading the town is one I want to investigate if Izzy flips town.
1) So... what are you doing to
counter
VP Baltar's attempts to lead the Town, or otherwise show that said Town-leading is
not
the best thing a Townie could do right now?
2) When do you expect to see Izzy flip Town?
I said VP was probably helping the town, and therefore probably not leading the town. This is both from my read on VP and my read on HR. The action that I chose to do - support a HR lynch - is not primarily to 'counter' VP, but it happens to lessen the blow if he is scum: not only do I think that HR has a good chance of being scum, but if he isn't then I have somebody else to investigate.

And, thanks for catching that, though I resent the subtle implication of a freudian slip :)
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Xdaamno wrote:happens to lessen the blow if he is scum
the antecedant here is VP, just to remove ambiguity
Cracking Idea Mafia
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:06 am

Post by Vi »

Suddenly, activity.

My initial Cat read was based on
Cat #3 wrote:OK, I dislike playing with Xdaamno because of what's going on right now. Yes, he's definitely scummy, but he's almost always scummy acting.
which almost fits with what I would expect newbTown to say. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how newby skitzer is (as evidenced by his references to having played with Xd before) and newbTown would have left out the part about Xd being "definitely scummy".

Now note that Cat voted Xdaamno because
Cat #4 wrote:he's been acting just generally slightly scummy all game and I feel my vote need to be somewhere.
which coming off of his previous post (literally, the last post he made before this one) rings false.

Thus, I'm re-evaluating my read on him, which is unfortunate because skitzer is a renowned nonentity and I highly value a read on that player slot.

saberwolf was acting essentially as I would expect him to as Town (having been forced to watch Mafia of Order) and his claim locks him into a corner that essentially guarantees his eventual death, something I wouldn't expect from scum even if they have a grudge against the game. (If he IS scum, on the other hand, looking at the reactions from the people who immediately complained that saberwolf threw the game would be quite enlightening.)

Now note that the Xdaamno wagon at its peak was {Cayke, Vi, Izzy, JDodge, Howie}. I'm not looking at myself. Cayke is etc. Izzy is apparently playing to a well-known meta among the scumchatters and is overall playing too poorly to be scum right now. JDodge and you are both unTown by post content and happen to be squarely in the middle of the wagon. Thus, hawt JDodgexHowie action.

Is there anything else you would like to know?

----
Xd 342 wrote:And, thanks for catching that, though I resent the subtle implication of a freudian slip :)
Izzy is your mother?

I'm assuming you meant to say "if HR flips Town".

Ignoring this current investigation into VP Baltar's motives, do you think anyone is scum enough to vote them?
Are you suggesting that VP Baltar is primarily responsible for the HR wagon, even though you just said that he has a good chance of being scum? (
Clearly
if HR flips Town, you shouldn't be held responsible for his lynch in spite of agreeing with VP.~)
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:16 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Before I answer, and I hate to be 'obtuse' again, but it feels like I'm mostly just correcting your mistakes about understanding my posts here when I was perfectly clear.
Vi wrote:Ignoring this current investigation into VP Baltar's motives, do you think anyone is scum enough to vote them?
I don't know. All - even if there is only 1 - of the trains of thought that I have followed through to the point of deciding whether to lynch, or not lynch someone, have not turned up 'not lynch'. I'm not going to decide here for you now because I'm lazy, and there might some other small effect of the process being less organic that I'm not bothering to think about.
Vi wrote:Are you suggesting that VP Baltar is primarily responsible for the HR wagon, even though you just said that he has a good chance of being scum? (
Clearly
if HR flips Town, you shouldn't be held responsible for his lynch in spite of agreeing with VP.~)
to clear up ambiguity again: Vi meant that I said HR was likely to be scum.

Yes, he is pushing this wagon in a way that seems both consistent with scum and town strategy to me. To this extent, HR flipping town isn't any more of a scum tell on VP that it would otherwise be - but, as I said, that would be the point where I would want to start investigating VP further. If you feel that I have acted in a similar fashion to VP on this wagon, then, given that, if I were you, I would also start to investigate me if HR flipped town - but I think I'm following this wagon more than pushing it. Not that you shouldn't draw other conclusions from that different fact, however.

^ apologies for the confusingly structured post
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:19 am

Post by Xdaamno »

also, I retract that first short paragraph, on account of what I said after it actually being confusing, and that it was obtuse.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Cat
Cat
Townie
Cat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:32 am

Post by Cat »

I'm having difficulties with MS right now, so I don't know if this post will make it or not.
Vi wrote:@Cat: Do you still like your vote for Xdaamno?
Yes, I do like my vote on Xdaamno even more now with his cop vote. I mean, with all the saberwolf shenanigans, he would have at least gone through and read that. As for other scummy people, I would say saberwolf/Porochaz if the breadcrumb wasn't so intact, but the only other small qualm I have is Hyl's lurking.
Show
Meow.

[b]Officially the game-playing alt of skitzer.
skitzer is for modding and MishMash.
Khamisa is retired.[/b]
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:55 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

Cat wrote:I'm having difficulties with MS right now, so I don't know if this post will make it or not.
Vi wrote:@Cat: Do you still like your vote for Xdaamno?
Yes, I do like my vote on Xdaamno even more now with his cop vote. I mean, with all the saberwolf shenanigans, he would have at least gone through and read that. As for other scummy people, I would say saberwolf/Porochaz if the breadcrumb wasn't so intact, but the only other small qualm I have is Hyl's lurking.
Elephant in the room: What makes a scum player more likely to not read that than a town player?
Cracking Idea Mafia
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:11 am

Post by Porochaz »

I will be reading this game (Im only on page 4) later on today.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.

Return to “Completed Open Games”