Mini 891 - British Comedy Mafia (Game Over)

Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Fuzzyman »

Whoops, didn't mean to submit that. But in response to the underlined part,
that's what's scummy about it
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:56 am

Post by Chinaman »

Fuzzyman wrote:China, if you were the mod and wanted to make the role that JL has claimed suitable for a town-aligned player, what would you do?
Well, I would have made the "stump" unkillable for starters. If the power exists in this fashion, it would have been much more useful if not used N1.

All in all I don't like this power in a non-tree stump game due to the fact of our town PR's are in danger more than the scum. Especially if we are telling him to prove it on N1.

It just doesn't make sense to me in the current way JL has explained it to be good for town. It's going to hurt us more than help I think. If he does really have the power though, it's much more useful as a scum PR. NK one townie, Stump another (currently most would think JL confirmed townie by doing this). Scum could have possibly gotten rid of 2 PR's in one night and if we have a doc and that doc got lucky in protecting the NK, they still stumped someone and took away any power they might have had (it is my current understanding that stumping isn't protectable). JL would be confirmed town by most and if that stumped townie was targeted a townie D2 as scum and had a good case, they could kill the stump and set up even more town. The list goes on and on for the good it could do for a scum PR. As a town PR, we MIGHT get scum with it....that's it.

Call it a stumping PR or call it a vig PR, I don't really care for either in the town's hands. The only people who can be sure of who they are killing/stumping are the scum and townie vig's/stumpers are just shooting in the dark.

All in all, when I read dana's p292, I can't disagree with it even if it is really short and not well explained.
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

I still disagree with it being called a "stumping", I know that seems meaningless to many of you, but let's look at what Josh's power is, it is a night action that kills someone. Yes, they can still post, but they are effectively dead in-game.

Josh, do you really have to ask me why you would lie about your role in a game of Mafia?
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Chinaman wrote: Everyone: We need everyone to answer these please. Do you think JL really has the power he claimed? If JL really has this power, do you think it's a scum PR or town PR? If it's a town PR, do you want him to use it N1? If yes, do you think we should collectively discuss who he should use it on, a list of a few people he should use it on one of, or just let him choose on his own?
It's possible, but I'm leaning towards he not having it. Would he really have it, I think it's a town PR. But again, I don't think he has it. Seems like a good scum gambit where he comes D2 and claims that scum just killed the same target he stumped.

My gut still says that Budja is the best lynch, but I'm happy with my vote on Josh as of now.

Also,
FoS: dana
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

My apologies, my head isn't in this game right now. I'll try to put something together for tomorrow or Wednesday.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:09 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Can anybody tell me why it would be a bad idea to wait on the off-chance that Lyman MIGHT clear himself tonight? Anybody? I mean, sure, it's probable that scum has a roleblocker, but there is a chance that they don't, and I think we're all going to be smacking ourselves on the forehead if we don't at least give it a shot.

Still not really seeing what he did pre-claim that was so serious either. I see some light tells, but nothing hugely serious. Certainly not compared to the fuss you folks are making about him.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

MacavityLock wrote:My apologies, my head isn't in this game right now. I'll try to put something together for tomorrow or Wednesday.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

BloodCovenent wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:My apologies, my head isn't in this game right now. I'll try to put something together for tomorrow or Wednesday.
Well, what I mean is, i should try to get something good tomorrow.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:27 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Need some more posts from Imaginality and Deathsauce.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:28 pm

Post by Budja »

Semi-V/LA until the 26th
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Fuzzyman »

^ Well isn't that nice. Right past the deadline. Considering the holiday factor, you probably knew it was going to happen, as well. You're still the best lynch.
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Fuzzyman »

A Vote Count would be nice to have, as well.
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:51 am

Post by Chinaman »

Netopalis wrote:Can anybody tell me why it would be a bad idea to wait on the off-chance that Lyman MIGHT clear himself tonight? Anybody? I mean, sure, it's probable that scum has a roleblocker, but there is a chance that they don't, and I think we're all going to be smacking ourselves on the forehead if we don't at least give it a shot.

Still not really seeing what he did pre-claim that was so serious either. I see some light tells, but nothing hugely serious. Certainly not compared to the fuss you folks are making about him.
Do I really have to say it AGAIN!?? HE...COULD...HIT...A...TOWN...PR...WITH...THIS...POWER...IF...HE...HAS...IT...AND...THAT...WOULD...BE...BAD. Given that this is a theme game, I imagine there are more townie's with PR's than there are without. THAT'S why it's a bad idea for us to "wait on the off-chance that Lyman MIGHT clear himself tonight". I would rather him live and NOT use his power (if he has it) than for him to clear himself by using it. Well, I'd really rather him die today, but we've been through this. But again, if the majority want him to use it in an attempt to let himself prove he's town, then I have a short list of 3 people he could choose from that would be less likely to really hurt the town. I choose 3 because it gives him the best chance to clear himself and give scum a 33% chance of stopping him vs a probably 100% chance if we pick one person and a really good chance of him hitting a good town PR if we let him choose on his own.

I'll disclose the 3 if the majority want to give him the chance to prove himself.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:06 am

Post by Netopalis »

Theme games do not necessarily have more power roles than non-theme games, and your reaction implies that you feel that this role is significantly different than a one-shot vig. Yes, a one-shot vig could hit town, but we generally use them anyway. D1 lynches are statistically worse than random, but lynching is the correct move.

DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:49 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Josh Lyman wrote: Why would I lie about my power being 1-shot as opposed to every night? If I had the ability every night, I would've said so. (Also, that would make me a quasi-Serial Killer, which I am not)
Who came up with the tell that a player subconsciously
wants
to tell you their role? Is it one of Jeep's? I forget.

Also, thinking last night about this role. Let's say Josh uses it and hits scum. That means we have a confirmed scum that is allowed to continue posting but not vote? What is the point of that? Obviously no one would pay attention to that player from that point on. Makes no sense, either he is lying about there being a flip, or he is lying about his role.

So, which is it, Josh?
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by Budja »

I can still post a bit.

Josh is still a bad lynch, Net is still right on that front.

I repeat my earlier request, can we not interested in a Josh wagon consolidate on BC or Locke. At this rate, he will be deadline lynched.
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

DeathSauce wrote:I still disagree with it being called a "stumping", I know that seems meaningless to many of you, but let's look at what Josh's power is, it is a night action that kills someone. Yes, they can still post, but they are effectively dead in-game.

Josh, do you really have to ask me why you would lie about your role in a game of Mafia?
Yeah, that was probably a stupid
thing to say
way to phrase it.
DeathSauce wrote:
Josh Lyman wrote: Why would I lie about my power being 1-shot as opposed to every night? If I had the ability every night, I would've said so. (Also, that would make me a quasi-Serial Killer, which I am not)
Who came up with the tell that a player subconsciously
wants
to tell you their role? Is it one of Jeep's? I forget.

Also, thinking last night about this role. Let's say Josh uses it and hits scum. That means we have a confirmed scum that is allowed to continue posting but not vote? What is the point of that? Obviously no one would pay attention to that player from that point on. Makes no sense, either he is lying about there being a flip, or he is lying about his role.

So, which is it, Josh?
I am only telling you guys what was told to me both in my role PM and in my PMs seeking clarification from the Mod.

I am not the one who made up this stupid, useless, dumb, idiotic role. Look to your Mod.
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

Budja wrote: At this rate, (JL) will be deadline lynched.
REDLIGHT REDLIGHT REDLIGHT
The Rules wrote:6) If no-one has a majority of votes at deadline no-one will be lynched.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Again, mod, connection issues here, so I'm kind of LA for now.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Mod: Could the Christmas Fairy see fit to issue us a deadline extension?

Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Aye, first thing Net and I have seen eye to eye on. A X-mas gift would be nice
:D
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

I'm V/LA from the 26th to the 29th, unfortunately. I will make some big posts before then. Of course, it would be nice to just wrap up the Budja lynch before then.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:34 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Sorry, have been ill and I'm still not feeling up to much. Deadline is Saturday, correct? I'll do my best to catch up in the next couple of days. If I'm not mistaken Josh has 4 votes and the next most is Budja with 2. Agreed that an official vote count would be nice.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:24 am

Post by ortolan »

Thirteenth vote count

Josh Lyman (4): Chinaman, BloodCovenent, Snow_Bunny, danakillsu
Budja (2): Josh Lyman, Fuzzyman
BloodCovenent (1): Budja
Netopalis (1): MacavityLock
Locke Lamora (1): imaginality
danakillsu (1): Netopalis

Not voting (3): DeathSauce, Locke Lamora

7 to lynch

Yes, I will extend the deadline by a week because of the replacements and proximity to Christmas

Current deadline: Tuesday 2nd January 10pm AEST (which is greatly ahead of European/US time, btw)
Last edited by ortolan on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:58 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

DeathSauce wrote: Also, add me to the list that dislikes dana's entrance into this game. You don't understand the Budja wagon so you jump on the Josh wagon? There are alternatives, like, I don't know, scum hunting.
I guess i'm just not much of a fan of Budja's play style in general.

-Post 267 Deathsauce sees what i'm getting at, as I ask Net whether or not it is possibly to be a scum PR. (the 'stump' vig)
--Net automatically assumes that my question implied it was obviously a town role. So let me ask you Net, could you see Josh's role as a scum role?
Netopalis wrote: Seriously, though, I've never heard of a scumteam having a one-shot vig, even in coney island. It unbalances it too much to give them a second kill.
The claim is not a vig kill to an extent.
besides, how do you know it unbalances the game? [/s
] Nvm, that looks like fishing.
Fuzzyman wrote: Josh's ability couldn't help scum, though, and he'd have no incentive to use it.
What do you mean it couldn't help scum! of course it could help scum! A town player losing their role hurts the town.
Netopalis wrote:Ok.....
First of all, there is no point in scum killing a stump unless the stump is a particularly good player, since killing somebody else puts them one round closer to LYLO. Second, this IS a town role because it is effectively a vig if it hits scum. We then become one vote further away from LYLO.
That Lylo situation isn't going to work! If it's 2 scum vs 1 townie, and the 1 scum is tree stumped, we die in endgame, and scum win.
Budja wrote:@Josh, rolename please. (Should have asked this ages ago :P).
you piggy back me, then want my lynch. Good Job.
Netopalis wrote:
A) He hits scum - Success!
B) He hits town - Sad, but he's confirmed and we have one less suspicious townie
C) He's roleblocked - We lynch him anyway
Setting up a lynch eh?

I could support a DKU lynch.

Fuck it. If Josh is going to test his role, then do it. Just don't tell us who it is, don't even discuss some possibilities. Keep the scum guessing. Creating a 2-3 person list of who you want targeted is bad, especially if we're looking for pro-town players. However, everyone suggesting their top 3 scummers, is not so much a bad idea.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”