Mini 210: Secret Ballot Mafia- The Ballotbox is Closed!

Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:21 am

Post by Astronaut »

I think it would be a good idea for us to announce who we're going to vote for before we proceed to the actual voting. Scum are as far as I can see the ones who have the most to gain by not playing with open cards.

My guess is that we could have a "vote cop" among us, and if he's going to be of any help we need townies to be honest about where they're going to place their vote.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:38 am

Post by Astronaut »

I agree with Someone.

Knowing who the others voted for is the most useful information a regular townie can get. If we all keep our votes secret, we won't have anything but what's said here in the thread to make accusations on.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:15 am

Post by Astronaut »

Choco: You need a couple of "-s around the name of the person you're quoting.
Pariah wrote:...but the town isn't going to be unanimous to lynch anyone because the mafia will be fighting against attacks on their scum buddies...
Scum defending scum is, apart from cop investigations, the best way to find scum. I agree that we probably have quite a few power roles working for us, but to rely 100% on them is a risk I'm not willing to take. I want all of us to contribute in the search for baddies, and that means we have to know who supports whom.

And ChocoCid: First you suggest a mass claim day 1 and next you start talking about a no lynch? :shock: Those are just about the two scummiest things you can do around here, and is probably worth an
FOS: ChocoCid

Note that this has nothing to do with your FOS on me, as I can understand how one can disagree with me on that one.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:03 am

Post by Astronaut »

I'm not sure if Someone's plan is bulletproof, but it's a lot better than keeping all votes secret.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:28 am

Post by Astronaut »

Save The Dragons wrote:
Astronaut wrote:And ChocoCid: First you suggest a mass claim day 1 and next you start talking about a no lynch? :shock: Those are just about the two scummiest things you can do around here, and is probably worth an
FOS: ChocoCid
Is this a regurgitation, or did you think about each situation in our current context?
It is a regurgitation, but I think it applies in this game as well.

Also, I don't think we should proceed to voting until we've agreed/disagreed on how we should vote.

I support Someone's plan to find one person and all vote for him/her.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:31 pm

Post by Astronaut »

Evidence? Where?

You show it to me, STD, and I'm ready to vote with you.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:28 pm

Post by Astronaut »

Are Someone and I the only ones concerned about how we should vote? Purely disclosed votes favours scum, in my opinion, since we won't have voting patterns to judge by.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:12 pm

Post by Astronaut »

ChocoCid wrote:Astronaut: I think you meant "undisclosed"...
Of course I do, my bad... :oops:

ChocoCid does have a point that there's likely to be pro-town roles that are able to
draw benefit of the fact that the votes are kept secret. I might even be persuaded into keeping all votes secret, at least for day 1. We should know more about the mechanics and how to take benefit of them tomorrow.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:17 pm

Post by Astronaut »

Well, didn't I suddenly turn into the least popular kid in town...

People say I was wrong when I accused Choco of suggesting a no lynch, let me just point out what I was referring to:
ChocoCid wrote:Exactly. I can't see any lynch today being a good idea unless a power role is willing to step forth with information and someone can confirm said power role. Even so, that allows for mafia hijinks.

I'd call for "no lynch" and let the power roles have another night to get things figured out, as that's probably the best way to get a lynch. The problem is, doing so gives the mafia one more nightkill, which means it'll be that much harder to get the near-unanimous vote we need.

Our best bet is to get a runoff and hit the right person in said runoff. The problem with that strategy is there is literally nothing to base our voting on at this point... unless someone with a power role thinks there's another doc that's around to protect him? Of course, the power roles may not even have any information on scum yet at this point.
I can't see us winning this one when we're already in the hole, because if we have no doc, we're in trouble. If we do have another doc, we might be able to pull this off.
To me, this translates into: "We should do a no lynch unless a power role comes forward.
A no lynch could be good. But then the mafia would get to make another kill.
We should get a runoff. But it would be difficult to hit scum. Perhaps a power role would like to reveal himself?"

This was enough for me to put a FOS on ChocoCid. I would've removed this later on when I got a better understanding of his views, but didn't think it was necessary.

Top of my list at the moment is raj. ChocoCid was almost in the clear before his last post, in which he seems too eager to wrap things up by concluding that the lynch should be KingEnigma or myself after only three people have spoken their mind. No good candidate for the third spot on my list, I've got no idea what to make of KingEnigma's play.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:47 pm

Post by Astronaut »

Confirming.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:43 pm

Post by Astronaut »

I don't see how we can get much further on a day one. I'm happy with lynching raj.

VOTE NOW
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:24 pm

Post by Astronaut »

I hate to say it, raj, but no powers does mean you are a "safe lynch".
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:30 am

Post by Astronaut »

Well, I'd deserve the prod, no doubt about that. :oops: Sorry for the lack of participation.

I wasn't particularily excited about Choco's play yesterday, and what in the end made me not want to vote him was the fact that he participated as much as he did. As to his comment on his own play today, I really don't know what to make of that one.

The comments on Lubabah could be worth looking into, but I think a full re-read is needed before I start voting.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:38 am

Post by Astronaut »

Appreciate your input, SpeedyKQ!

The choose-voting would work, I'm pro. I'm also slightly suspiscious of ChocoCid, though perhaps not because of the same reasons that you are. Calling for vote now isn't really that big a deal.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:50 am

Post by Astronaut »

If I were ChocoScum, I think I might've left KingEnigma alive since KE did at that point seem to have less credability than Choco.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:05 am

Post by Astronaut »

Astronaut, post #10 wrote:My guess is that we could have a "vote cop" among us(...)
I know I'd put a vote cop in the game if I were modding it, but it is of course a convenient role to claim.

mathcam's plan to have one person vote at random to confirm ChocoCid is interesting, but cannot be used unless we're able to make tweaks to avoid the risks mentioned. I cannot think of a way to do this right now, anyone got a plan?
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:49 pm

Post by Astronaut »

You're going after lurkers now? Guess I'd better post, then...

At this point I'm not that suspicious of KE, and I'm not entirely comfortable with how Choco and cam seem to be getting along at the moment. Choco claims a role I predicted would be in the game day one, and cam theorizes on how to test the claim but concludes that this isn't possible.

Since Choco and I were attacking eachother day 1, I suggest that I throw a random vote tonight and we get to test Choco's ability.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:37 am

Post by Astronaut »

You'll be waiting a long time if you want me to disprove your theory, cam. Having Choco check out my vote is my best suggestion, since the dispute between us is "proof" that we're not scum together.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:09 pm

Post by Astronaut »

I'm game.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:43 am

Post by Astronaut »

SpeedyKQ wrote:Astronaut and Choco each put an FOS on the other early on day 1, which can be a big scum tell. And Astronaut was the first to suggest the votecop role that Choco later used.
I went back and did a quick re-read of day 1, I was surprised that I never actually voted for Choco. I was calling attention to him for most of the day, this is a quote from when everyone were listing their top three:
ChocoCid wrote:Astro, nobody's going to wagon me right now, so could you please stop trying?
Pariah was mentioned as acting scummy early on, I'll have to go back to see if inHim's right when he says Choco never mentioned Pariah/SpeedyKQ as being suspicious. If so, Speedy is probably top of my list at the moment.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:39 pm

Post by Astronaut »

No access until Sunday morning.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:41 am

Post by Astronaut »

Well, Cam,
you're
not pushing for a Speedy lynch.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #22) » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:43 pm

Post by Astronaut »

mathcam wrote:
SpeedyKQ wrote:mathcam knows he has to get me lynched to save himself, but doesn't want to be seen as pushing for my lynch. So he is oh-so-subtly, ever-so-reluctantly, upgrading me to his first choice. But he wants to make sure we realize he doesn't really think I'm scum.
Funny, everything you've said there is true, except any implied connotation that I'm doing any of it because I'm scum.

Cam
So why do you want us to realize that you don't really think SpeedyKQ is scum?
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #23) » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:37 am

Post by Astronaut »

But you want to lynch him nonetheless? That's what SpeedyKQ is saying, and you said everything he said was true.

Why you would want to lynch someone you think is scum while making us think you don't find him scummy isn't obvious at all.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:15 pm

Post by Astronaut »

You want my official preferences, huh? Moving into this day, I was more suspicious of SpeedyKQ, but at the moment I'd have no problem voting mathcam as well. In fact, I think cam is my top choice just now, closely followed by Speedy.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:59 pm

Post by Astronaut »

I think we might need a replacement for Someone. I sent him a PM regarding the Diplomacy game in mish mash 12 days ago, and he still hasn't picked it up.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:07 am

Post by Astronaut »

I agree that everyone quietly watching the deadline grow nearer isn't a good sign, but I'm not sure I'm all that happy about lynching inHim without giving him a chance of defending himself either.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #27) » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:58 am

Post by Astronaut »

Guess what two things I've got hidden under my shirt? It's a big old BAH: :x and a Go Town: :)
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #28) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:22 pm

Post by Astronaut »

Well played, ibaesha, Tyfo and inHim!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”