Open 175 - Picking Simplicity (Game Over)

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:42 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Nikanor wrote:
KoC wrote:= This "easy targets" shit annoys me. They are easy because they are scummy.
So if you think their votes against me were justified and that I should have been lynched, what do you think of the people who did not call me anti-town/scummy during that time?
KoC wrote:= Krer's hypocrisy is interesting, his refusal to acknowledge Spyrex calling it (and Nikanor coat-tailing on that call later) is doubly so.
Other way around, mate. I called him on it first, then SpyreX backed me up on the point later, IIRC. (See ~p43)
To address your first point: at the time, when you were actively lurking and contributing nothing to the game, yes, their votes were justified at that point. Those who said nothing were busy with their own witch-hunts, or simply above such lurker-hunting. :roll:

And you're right on the second one, actually, and I apologize for that. I was sure I'd see Spyrex call it first, but evidently not. I got used to seeing you taking on other's cases instead of making your own.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Nikanor »

Only one more vote to hammer Amished, I think. Do you think we'll get it within three hours?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:59 am

Post by Nikanor »

yabbaguy, I can see you on AIM. Kindly hammer.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:12 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Watching the clock... wish Amished would claim in case he's cop and has results (NOT to stop his lynch- that ain't happening). Otherwise, I'd be glad to hammer considering any lynch is better than No Lynch.

Nikanor- you wreak of total apathy. That's an SK tell. But considering an SK would probably be trying to knock scum out at this point, I'd rather go Mafia hunting.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:13 am

Post by Nikanor »

yabba wrote:But considering an SK would probably be trying to knock scum out at this point,
I'd rather go Mafia hunting.
Erm.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Nikanor »

Let's lynch Krer tomorrow, 'kay?
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:15 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Makes perfect sense. Quit shitting me.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:16 am

Post by Nikanor »

yabba wrote:Makes perfect sense. Quit shitting me.
It makes perfect sense if you're claiming sk. >_>
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:18 am

Post by Kreriov »

Wow, I am glad I checked back in. I though Coug was hammered yesterday.

Unvote

Vote: Amished

I completely agree with KoC about Amished. He is grasping at any straw to derail his wagon.

@Nikanor - You can characterize my vote on Coug (or now Amished) as you will, distancing, bussing, whatever. I suggest you read up on me in some other games. I am a big believer in being as clear and accurate in explaining my actions as possible. THAT is the best thing you can do as town. You can change your mind, you can make mistakes, you can do something stupid, but being as truthful and forthright as you possibly can is the best thing a townie can ever do. Trying to twist actions and words by saying prejudicial things like you have are not.

@KoC - I think you have me and SpyreX mixed up. I haven't been obsessed with the SK. SpyreX was obsessed with the SK and was convinced MSH was the SK. Then he suddenly switches with no explanation to an opportunistic sabrewolf wagon? And saying he did explain later is complete crap. He explained AFTER he got called out on it. Pure scum there.

Anyway, we have lynch it seems.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Nikanor wrote:
Sotty wrote:Not feeling the Stranger wagon at all. Amished replaced a pretty scummy player in my eyes and reading though Spy's 1235 with the conjecture about the hammer makes sense. Iguana still pings my scumdar pretty hard but her post 1247 was good enough to simmer that down.
Blah blah blah, this reads as weak justification. You're 'not feeling the Stranger wagon'? Maybe that's because pretty much everyone unvoted him. If you're just going to jump on the bandwagon for no reason, at least admit it.
Also, bussing.
Would be nice if you paid attention. I haven't been liking the Stranger wagon for awhile now,
before
others unvoted. Add to that, his and Amished's were the only two wagons with legs I commented on them both when making my vote. People needed to commit to one or the other so we can actually get a lynch today.

At least you switched your vote to Amished, so that post isn't all epic fail.
yabbaguy Post 1278 wrote:Watching the clock... wish Amished would claim in case he's cop and has results (NOT to stop his lynch- that ain't happening). Otherwise, I'd be glad to hammer considering any lynch is better than No Lynch.

Nikanor- you wreak of total apathy. That's an SK tell. But considering an SK would probably be trying to knock scum out at this point, I'd rather go Mafia hunting.
Firstly I am pretty sure Amished would have claimed when he switched his vote over to Stranger this morning. The momentum was swinging his way.

How is apathy an SK tell? Nik doesn't seem that apathetic to me. skitzer you could sell me on apathy but not Nik.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Nikanor »

Krer wrote:I am a big believer in being as clear and accurate in explaining my actions as possible. THAT is the best thing you can do as town. You can change your mind, you can make mistakes, you can do something stupid, but being as truthful and forthright as you possibly can is the best thing a townie can ever do. Trying to twist actions and words by saying prejudicial things like you have are not.
Eh, I beg to differ, but even if you are scum, I doubt this is false. For the record, I think that lying as town can really pay off. For example, claiming vigilante as vigilante is just about the worst idea ever, just after fakeclaiming a backup role/mason as scum.
Where have I twisted words, anyway?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Nikanor »

Sotty wrote: I haven't been liking the Stranger wagon for awhile now, before others unvoted.
So why did you need to reiterate as such?
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:34 am

Post by yabbaguy »

If SK is trying to kill Mafia like Town is, why bother dispensing with them? I am not SK, by the way. Nice try.

@Sotty: Nikanor has been lurking his way through the entire Day, for the most part. Dropped a few actual suspicions down, but otherwise, especially as of late, hasn't been doing much.

Skitzer's getting lazy... but it's not like he's wildly off-topic either.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:15 am

Post by skitzer »

Sotty7 wrote:What had Iguana contributed to this day at the time of your vote? A Nik lynch isn't going to happen today, you should put some serious thought into moving your vote to either Amished or Stranger.
Look at Day 1 and Day 2. Thats loads better than Nikanor already. Plus, a bit ago I wasn't thinking we were going to lynch Amished.
yabbaguy wrote:Skitzer's getting lazy... but it's not like he's wildly off-topic either.
I felt that way about myself RL yesterday too.

All this lynch lining-up + somewhat out-of-the-blue lynch + wagons with no real reasoning in my sight = confused.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:23 am

Post by Kreriov »

@Nikanor - I didn't say claiming vigilante would be a good idea, I said being as clear and accurate as possible is townie. I certainly do not advocate mass claiming on day 1! Explain yourself, be honest and truthful about what you are doing and why, and you will never go wrong. And you DID twist my words. You seemed to think I was distancing myself from the Coug vote. If you only read part of my post, maybe. I suspected, and still suspect, Coug for the reasons stated. I ALSO only voted for him when I did because the deadline was approaching and had not been extended yet. Again, I have no problem saying I am casting a deadline vote, but I ALSO want it understood that I will only cast a deadline vote if I think that person is scum. I don't think that is distancing or bussing or anything. It is just the facts and YOU trying to make it seem sinister (or if you tried to make it seems townie) is actually a scummy action.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:40 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

unvote

vote: Amished

I love you people. This is exactly the lynch I wanted to see. Case on Pom was already presented in my previous post, and add the latest efforts of Amished to derail the wagon nicely sums it all up.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:41 am

Post by skitzer »

Col.Cathart wrote:
unvote

vote: Amished

I love you people. This is exactly the lynch I wanted to see. Case on Pom was already presented in my previous post, and add the latest efforts of Amished to derail the wagon nicely sums it all up.
He is hammered, If I'm correct. But if that's true, then why were you voting Nikanor prior to this?
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:53 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Good lord, read the discussion from early D3. I'm tired of repeating myself over and over again.

Until Amished came, no one even cared to take a look at Pom/hohum. I tried to convince everyone to look in that direction, but no one listened. I decided to go for other scum suspects, as no one even bothered to help me with that lynch... Until now at least.

skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:00 am

Post by skitzer »

I can recall a lot of discussion about Pomegranate being scum, and some about hohum.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:03 am

Post by semioldguy »

Vote Count 26:

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

As of Post 1283 a lynch has been reached.

Amished - (8) SpyreX, Grimmy, Iguana, StrangerCoug, Knight of Cydonia, Sotty7, Nikanor, Kreriov
StrangerCoug - (4) SerialClergyman, yabbaguy, Heilograph, Amished
Nikanor - (2) Col.Cathart, skitzer

Notes:
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:06 am

Post by semioldguy »

Flavor to be included later.

Amished,
Townie
, lynched Day Three

*It is now Night Three. Night Three will end and actions must be submitted by Saturday, January 2, 2pm PST.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Another morning and another person is missing. This room checking thing is becoming second nature, but you all get up and check anyway.
Iguana
wasn't as familiar to all of you, but now lies dead in her room, another victim shot down. A quick pat down and search of the body reveals a police badge and a gun. Iguana must have been the cop on site sent undercover to investigate the case. Without police out of the picture, it is up to the remaining residents here to sort things out.

You all return to the breakfast room to find a surprising sight.
StrangerCoug
is sitting limp at the breakfast table with his head submerged in his oatmeal bowl. There are signes of a struggle, but StrangerCoug was no match for this mystery killer. Looking amongst yourselves, none of you can remember who, if anyone, stayed behind while Iguana's room was checked.

Things are looking grim for the residents of the old folks' home.

Iguana,
Cop
, shot Night Three

StrangerCoug,
Townie
, drowned Night Three

*It is now Day Four. Deadline for the end of Day Four is on Tuesday, January 26 at 2:00pm PST (Pacific Standard Time).

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Ok, after checking Iguana in ISO, my wild guess is, she never actually hit any scum with her investigation, or she's hiding that breadcrumb really well.

Gonna do some re-read.

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Drowned is different-but-similar to choked etc. Don't have a clue why the mafia would kill coug so perhaps I was wrong about that too.

Why did the wagon get pushed off a VT at the last minute?
I'm old now.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

BAH!
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.

Return to “Completed Open Games”