Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:11 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Vote Count, Day 6
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 0 )
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 1 ) hiphop
Unvote ( 5 ) Shotty to the Body SpyreX popsofctown fhqwhgads Pads
Total Votes ( 6 )

With 6 alive, 4 needed for a majority.
Deadline is January 7th, 11am EST

Vanilla.

Pads please point out how my case was half-baked or whatever. Even by your theories I convinced at least as many townies as you did with your case on me. Just because it was wrong doesn't mean it was a misleading case, please point to the specific points that were so 'misleading.'
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

Also vanilla.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:54 am

Post by SpyreX »

Well thats unsurprising.

I'm planning a nolynch today but I want some real activity before we do so. I'm planning during the next week to really do some in-depth analysis on those still alive.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

Pads wrote:SpyreX being the lyncher explains his game long desire to lynch me, his unwillingness to be swayed by any philopsophy that doesn't involve lynching me, his rather light-hearted interest in who might actually be scum, his disinterest in lynching his other suspect once a wagon started on that person, and his lack of reluctance to lynch anyone else once he realizes that my lynch is not happening on any given day.
Wow. Really? How come then that rhetoric just want to make me lynch you too.
Spyrex wrote: Yo yo massclaim in the house.
For the record: VT
hiphop wrote:Spyrex you can get it out of your head, I am not lynching pads. He was the only person on elvis's wagon.
Before we get into this: how do you feel about RC being the godfather as the only explanation theory now?

And to all, why the no lynch again?
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It's even number of people. If you haven't seen the phenomenon before, it goes like this: if we mislynch today, we lose. We have a 2/3 chance of mislynching today if we are all dumb chimpanzees. If we no lynch then tomorrow it will also be LyLo, but we will only have a 3/5 chance of mislynching if we are all dumb chimpanzees.

And the dead person's analysis is somewhat validated and whatnot.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by zoraster »

popsofctown wrote:if we are all dumb chimpanzees.
I smell a new role for a theme game.

that is all. please continue
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:26 pm

Post by hiphop »

fhq, pops, and shotty, what are your positions? No Lynch? Lynch? At this moment, who would your vote be on if needed.

Pads- still supporting the lynch now, or do you want a no lynch.

fhq- The point is mute, yesterday the case was good, today the case was wrong (because he was a townie). I believed he was scum and the only way for him to be scum was if he was the godfather. Either way there is still a mason out there, who deserves a rope around their neck.

Spyrex- It is all about the elvis wagon. We have

pads who was on the wagon (fourth vote out of six)
you and me who are the only ones active at that time, who did not vote for elvis
and pops, shotty, and fhq who were not active.

All we know is that there is a mason. Right now I am very worried about you and fhq. Hoping that you guys are town, but wondering why you guys have not been nk'd.(wifom) You who I get town vibes from should be town, unless you know how to play as town when you are scum. Though you are not high as you should be, because of you only saying shoot elvis, without helping out with the lynch in the possibility that the vig could not come through. Fhq, unless both elvis and imag went for the bus in the beginning trick (employed by me in my first game as scum) than I find bussing not a scumtell, but more of a towntell when voted by scum on the first day.

All we have left is pops and shotty. Both very much potential scum in my book, but of course tomorrow is a new day.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:50 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

Pops, ah, thanks, I somehow thought there was more into it than pure math.

hiphop, the math makes sense. Taking our lynch record in perspective, a no lynch is probably more safe than a lynch. I am also happy to lynch both you and Pads for contorting this game into a mess of roles. Confusion isn't a townie tell in my book. But I'm not too confident in my reads atm.
hiphop wrote:wondering why you guys have not been nk'd
I was wondering the same thing. Why am I still alive? (wifom right back at you)
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

obvus bulletproof hider softclaim.

Shotty: who's scum? Did Sotty's flip surprise you? Does it make you re-evaluate your gameview?
Pads and Spyrex have been at eachother's throats. Is it townie squabble, a scum and a townie, or an elaborate game-long double scum ruse?
"Well, I..."
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Pads »

Shotty to the Body wrote: Pads please point out how my case was half-baked or whatever.
*weep*

If memory serves, there has been precisely one instance this game of someone doing a line by line analysis of someone else's case, and it was me on yours. I've already commented on your case, even before Sotty flipped, and explained why I thought it was a case made by scum.

I hope everyone else has noticed at this point that while the rest of us are discussing the next step, our suspicions, and how we'd like to vote today, Shotty is concerned with but a single thing.
Fhq wrote: Wow. Really? How come then that rhetoric just want to make me lynch you too.
I would imagine it's because as the game's lurker and seemingly most popular choice for townie you have the luxury of sitting back and sniping at other people, instead of having to get down in the trenches and force reactions out of people to be able to read them. It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it. Personally, I'm not of the opinion that we're going to find scum with three line posts once every two days.

And if you find the discussion so far to be scummy, that's fine, but let me tell you what I find scummy: broad, sweeping dismissals of points made by others. If you want to dismiss what I've said about the possibility that SpyreX is the lyncher, kindly address the points made in the quoted post and defeat them with logic, or state a disagreement with contrary reads. Don't just point at it and say 'That's all crap'.

All that said, I'm done talking about it anyway. As I said in the beginning (before pops pointed it out to me as though it were his own idea), if SpyreX is the lyncher, and there's two scum left, we're already dead. I thought the scum might want to come to an agreement, but I guess not. So, we'll do this the old fashioned way.

I'm not sure how Pops got on everyone's obvTown list (possibly because Elvis_Knits said so), but I'm guilty of it, too, so I can't complain. In truth, a re-read reveals how he's been willing to lynch pretty much every townie that's come through the station. I've decided to put this case into a Fun Facts format for some reason that I'm sure someone will find scummy.

Townies that Pops was willing to lynch on Day 1-2:

ConfidAnon
CSL
Infinis
Charter (zomg Pads, Charter was scum. Yeah, I know, but Pops wouldn't have known that yet)
Hiphop? (you tell us, Hiphop)
Energetic Penguin? (fhq, only you know)

Number of times imaginality is mentioned by Pops
: 0

Number of times Elvis, Elvis_Knits, E-K, or EK appreas in Pops' written (not quoted) text
: Once (quoted further down)

Number of times Pops deflected away from Elvis_Knits (with impressively subtle skill, I might add)
: 3

popsofctown wrote:
Energetic Penguin wrote:
Elvis_Knits wrote: There are two scum groups. (Stated as fact)

There are probably two scum groups. (Assumption).
I agree with Ek on this. he stated it as a fact, mafia could only be certain of this, so Vote: Crypto
Sheepy opportunism. Ok, there's no unvote here, so EP does know what happened. I still don't like the amount of independent thought coming from EP.

@ EP- why didn't you revote Hoopla once ConfidAnon died? Why do you seem utterly uninterested in influencing anyone's vote?
#2 (Parenthesis are mine)
popsofctown wrote:
Zakeri wrote: Vote: Maemuki

I have a Mason reading between him/her and Elvis_Knits.
How can (you) call this steady flow of deep analysis lurking, RayFrost? (<-sarcasm)
popsofctown wrote: Rofl 1036 (hyperlink guy, teach me hyper links): You've established a double chainsaw relationship between Maemuki and E-k. That was a Tar tell, i recall. The big Tar tell. A massive one. FoS: Maemuki
FoS Maemuki and not Elvis? heh

Number of fluff posts, by my count
: 15
Iso 0, Iso 1, Iso 5, Iso 20, Iso 21, Iso 38, Iso 51, Iso 55, Iso 56, Iso 57, Iso 60, Iso 61, Iso 138, Iso 139, Iso 147

Plenty more to come as soon as someone else posts something.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

It's TOTALLY circular logic to put a live, unconfirmed player in a list of townies I've been willing to lynch. Looks kind of like you're forcing your case.

Imaginality lurked massively through day 1, so I didn't discuss him much. His posting seemed pretty middle of the road and unworthy of comment to me, thankfully RC saw more in it.

E_k didn't do anything I considered terribly suspicious day 1, and didn't have a huge postcount either. I was all the way up to elvis's death on day 2, when rofl established a relationship between e_k and imaginality that was so strong the vig had shot her before i got here.

There's no "deflecting" in those posts. First quote was in the middle of my large case on Energetic penguin, elvis wasn't the central topic and discussing her would have been a rabbit trail.

Second quote, obvusly I'm deflecting from talking about the dead e_k. Because I'm scum and I don't want to talk about my mason buddy i guess, it just makes me cry a little.

And third quote, I commit the seventh deadly sin and forget to FoS a dead player. Ohmigosh.
FoS: Charter
FoS: Elvis_knits
FoS: Imaginality

I still don't think posting fluff is a scumtell. Not posting content is a scumtell.
"Well, I..."
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Pads »

Part 2

Number of dead scum that Pops has suspected
: 1

The one scum he did make a case on, Charter, wouldn't have been a part of his team at the time, though. So from Pops' point of view, that was a townie he made a case on.

"Zomg, Pads, being wrong doesn't make a person scum."

I'm aware. We have a dead vig who voted for every town wagon, shot 2 townies, and killed 1 scum only because he thought the town wouldn't have two vigs (which was incorrect, sorta).

If Pops was town, though, he wouldn't have known Charter had flipped alignments during the night, and his Charter attacks should have continued as normal. But the evidence is there to show that he was aware of the flip.

Number of negative things Pops had to say about Charter on Day 1, when we know for a fact that Charter was not on the scum team
: A lot.

Number of Pops' attempts to steer the town away from Charter on Day 3, when we know for a fact that Charter was scum
: Amazingly, three.

Pops wrote: @charter wagon: Infinis wagon makes more sense. His first post was pretty bad, I concur with that, but he's not independently scummy like Infinis. Pure connections isn't enough for me, nor is a case that is so largely based off connections.

Good god that quote is bad. His case against Charter was based on Charter making what looked like a laundry list of townies he'd be willing to lynch, not connections. Connections was Rofl's deal. Pops is attacking Rofl's case here. What about his own case? /shrug

Popsofctown wrote: unvote Charter

He quoted the post because he killed Crypto that night. The situation resolved itself. Because he NKed crypto because he's vig.

vote: infinis
Popsofctown wrote: @what-if-charter-is-sk: well the he's a dead one soon. If he last any longer than an outed vig should last, we lynch him. I don't think accepting his claim does any damage right now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that none of these points are valid, I"m just illuminating what Pops was doing with himself at the time. In retrospect, I do find it scummy. Pops found three reasons to fend off the people going after Charter. a) The case (rofl's, not his) isn't good enough, b) Charter IS the vig, c) lynching a claimed vig is bad policy.

Number of strong looking townie wagons Pops has jumped off of while at the same time encouraging them to go forward: 2

Iso 13 is too big to quote, but it basically says: Confid sure is scummy, but because he'll post more often I'm going to switch to EP instead.

Popsofctown wrote: vote: hiphop

I feel Sotty's lead is comfortable enough atm for me to put my vote where it oughtta be.

And on second though, no lynch actually wouldn't suck that much. it's one vig versus one mafia, and the lynch has a chance of killing/ousting the vig.
This post is so bad it almost knocks me down. "A person I find scummy has enough votes that I'm going to take the pressure off of her so I can vote someone else I find scummy." Uh... what? Townies don't think like that. If they think they have scum, they stay on them to make sure they get lynched. This quote is from a scum hopping off the lynch most likely to happen so that he's not to blame when she flips town. (and that's what the above example is, too)

And the 'one mafia left' comment is so blatantly obvious, that it's almost certainly planted there to mislead the town about the number of mafia left (as opposed to being a slip of the tongue).

The best is yet to come. Someone post something, please.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:01 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

pads wrote:I would imagine it's because as the game's lurker and seemingly most popular choice for townie you have the luxury of sitting back and sniping at other people, instead of having to get down in the trenches and force reactions out of people to be able to read them. It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it. Personally, I'm not of the opinion that we're going to find scum with three line posts once every two days.
Oh. Nice. Some reactions doesn't have to be forced, you know.
pads wrote:And if you find the discussion so far to be scummy, that's fine, but let me tell you what I find scummy: broad, sweeping dismissals of points made by others. If you want to dismiss what I've said about the possibility that SpyreX is the lyncher, kindly address the points made in the quoted post and defeat them with logic, or state a disagreement with contrary reads. Don't just point at it and say 'That's all crap'.
Logic needs to be used against logic. I'm not entertaining your lyncher setup, because it is a lose/lose situation. Even if it is true, what does it help me? I'd rather still remain hopeful that we've got a chance.
pads wrote:In truth, a re-read reveals how he's been willing to lynch pretty much every townie that's come through the station.
Hey, guess what? So did the rest of us. Thats how all those townies got lynched, you know?
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:24 am

Post by Pads »

Part 3 (Yeah, I accept the inevitable warning from Zoraster for post size)

Shotty is scum, and Pops is scum with him.

Number of times Pops has attacked/challenged Shotty's attackers or mocked anti-Shotty sentiments without actually calling Shotty town.
: 7

#1 (same post, chopped up for space saving)
popsofctown wrote: I think Spyrex is inaccurate with his vote
popsofctown wrote: (not rejecting Budja-scum, rejecting that reasoning. Haven't heard any cases besides Spyrex's as i recall)
popsofctown wrote:
SpyreX wrote: LOOK, can we all just come together, hold hands and lynch Budja. Its the right choice, and we all know it deep in our hearts.
Why does Spyro make me laugh so? Why?
(This post in its entirety can be found here, and while too big to quote, includes some nice misdirection to CSL).

popsofctown wrote: Hey, Spyrex, identify a player who sees your points in your Budja case. Like, is it just you and your own echo or am I missing a few devout followers?
The implication is clear: Other people don't agree with your case, so it must be wrong. Plain ol' faulty logic.

Popsofctown wrote: Then Pads comes and scumhunts in a logical, coherent way, something I don't recall happening this game. He makes a good case for Shotty active lurking, which might be something i just could give a name to this whole game. It's pretty compelling, and he explains a lot of alignments it could tell us about. But he doesn't mention the most interesting alignment, which is his, and that makes me want to see Shotty's flip.
You know what's funny about that first sentence? This sentence, a few days earlier:
Popsofctown wrote: it was decent analysis. I don't see anything particularly wrong with pads.
Of course the "don't recall" gives him plausible deniability, but the point is that the first quote allows him to go in any direction he wants to go. He supports some ideas of the case, but brings into question the character of the case maker (something he's been doing for most of the game) and the last line is damn close to being redirection back to said case maker. Kinda strange looking, though, isn't it? Did he honestly expect me to analyze myself?

Popsofctown wrote: Fine. ITT active lurking is worse than lying somehow.

Vote: Shotty
Joins the wagon whilst mocking it and redirecting. Scum tells 101?

Popsofctown wrote: unvote Shotty to the Body

The fact the players I feel certain are town aren't voting him is definitely one factor in this unvote. And building a reasoned case on another player just answers an accusation of active lurking too well.
A laughable chainsaw. Coming to life only when you're targetted, in fact, CONFIRMS the accusations of active lurking.

Popsofctown wrote: Shotty refuted most of Sotty's points against him, so I'm gonna stick with Sotty vote here. And although directing the scum's gun was pretty dumb of Pads, his explanation of how Shotty could be vig makes me less inclined to lynch him.
Gosh, golly, gee, Pads, that sure were a dumb thing you did right there, I reckon. The town better not listen to you anymore since you're doing things that are dumb.

Well, Shotty's not the vig (as was obvious in the later half of yesterday). I have yet to see Pops take away those town points that Shotty 'earned'. Not to mention those people Pops were town not voting for Shotty... One of the two people voting for him was confirmed town. A re-evaluation has yet to spring from Pops.

Speaking of things that were obvious, would you guys like to know how I figured out that Zakeri and Sotty were town? The Big Book of Behavioral Analysis told me so! Neither of them were concerned with their own survival (like Shotty was), instead they were dropping lists of who they suspected. That's what wagonned townies do.

But Pops has been too busy reading from How to Lynch Vulnerable Townies Whilst Appearing Town Yourself. CSL, ConfidAnon, Infinis, Zakeri, Sotty, and now Hiphop: all easy wagons to jump on. And some of them occured under the flag of Good Policy (tm), which I'm sure is a major part of that book. Creating mislynches based on good policy allows a scum to better justify his actions once the doomed flips town.

But the proof that's it's all garbage is that Pops is clearly taking his pick of which good policy to follow. "Let's Lynch a Lurker", "Lynch All Liars", and "Don't Out PRs" all sound fine and dandy. But the realization that Pops fought hard to keep a claimed Serial Killer alive shatters any illusion that Pops is some champion of Good Mafia Theory. He's pickin' and choosin' as he sees fit, because he's scum.

"Zomg, Pads, you wanted to keep Ray alive, too, so you must be scum as well!"

That's not the point and if you think it is you haven't been reading. I gave the finger to the status quo a while back. Pops, on the other hand, has been using it to lynch townies.

Conclusion: Pops has spent the entire game helping to get vulnerable townies lynched, whilst attacking the credibility of the remaining townies. Of Hiphop, SpyreX, myself, Shotty and fhq only the' untouchable' Fhq and Shotty's scumhunting efforts have gone unmarred by Pops. Btw, he did the same thing to Idiotking and RedCoyote, too.
Popsofctown wrote: Hiphop seems like a bunch of people's pet newbtown. i like IK newbtown way better, and don't get why hiphop's overt deception gets far less attack than IK's bumbling.
Popsofctown wrote: RC, you're acting like a dog that has realized it just tested out as purebred, and decided now it's safe to wallow in the mud endlessly because it's too valuable to get thrown out.

I'll leave you all with this 'what in the hell?' moment.
popsofctown wrote: Shotty: who's scum? Did Sotty's flip surprise you? Does it make you re-evaluate your gameview?
What kind of limp wristed inquisition is that? Pops has been tongue lashing people for the whole game. SpyreX, Xyl, Infinis, RedCoyote, Idiotking, Maemuki, Vi and myself have all had our ability to play brought into question. So what's with this soft, gentle approach?

This is scum talking to a buddy any day of the week.

Today, scum need two townies to misvote. Tomorrow they need but one. Let's not dick around. Scum are just going to kill SpyreX or fhq, who no one was trying to lynch anyway, and decrease the number of townies they need to vote incorrectly whilst not affecting our number of targets at all.

Let's put this game away.

Only question is, do we lynch pops first, in the very small possibility that he really did slip about there only being one scum? Hiphop, SpyreX what do you think?
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Pads »

Popsofctown wrote: Second quote, obvusly I'm deflecting from talking about the dead e_k. Because I'm scum and I don't want to talk about my mason buddy i guess, it just makes me cry a little.

And third quote, I commit the seventh deadly sin and forget to FoS a dead player. Ohmigosh. FoS: Charter FoS: Elvis_knits FoS: Imaginality
True enough. In iso read, it's difficult to tell when game events occur and I didn't realize these quotes were after E_K was dead, but that's no excuse. My mistake. I stand by the first quote, though.

It's not circular logic, because it's not logic at all. It's just a list of the people who we know and/or highly suspect to be town that you were willing to lynch on Day 1. And while townies do vote incorrectly, at some point everybody has to stand responaible for everything that, well, shucks, just didn't go their way.

Most of the individual points against you are, by themselves, no big deal. Easily dismissble as coincidences. But all combined and taken together, I believe it's a bit too much to be coincidence after coincidence. I believe it's indicative of someone who knows what's going on and knows what they're doing with every step.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

#1, yeah, i defend Shotty. Make something of it after you know he's scum, not before. Connections with the alignment known are hard enough to get a good lynch n.

#2 is just fluff posting. The way Spyrex phrased what he said really made me laugh.

#3, I'm just being pragmatic, he won't reach the lynch threshhold. If you like to derive the false conclusions of bandwagon fallacy everytime you see the pieces lying around that's your fault.

#4, decent analysis just didn't make it into my little player-by-player accomplishment book.

#5, are you arguing a no-lynch was pro-town yesterday? It was 1. hiphop, 2. Shotty at that point in the game, and that's why i was unhappy to join the wagon. I like my #1s.

#6, I disagree. Active lurkers are lurking because they have difficulty posting any real analysis from the scum mindset. Solid content suggests that that player is working from a town mindset because they have the ability to analyze a player.
Pads wrote:
popsofctown wrote: Shotty: who's scum? Did Sotty's flip surprise you? Does it make you re-evaluate your gameview?
What kind of limp wristed inquisition is that? Pops has been tongue lashing people for the whole game. SpyreX, Xyl, Infinis, RedCoyote, Idiotking, Maemuki, Vi and myself have all had our ability to play brought into question. So what's with this soft, gentle approach?

This is scum talking to a buddy any day of the week.
Well he is my handhug buddy.
"Well, I..."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Good lord this page.

Thats a lot of words. That end with AGAIN PUSHING NOT NOLYNCHING TODAY.

I'm gonna start some iso-reads on the brigade. I should be able to get one done tonight at least because at this point woosh.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I changed my mind a little. I'll do some isos but I'm having a hard, hard time altering the reads (especially Pads iso considering what he's accusing pops of). Sooo instead (OHH SNAP IIOA CHOO CHOO):

Votes:

Pads: SpyreX, ConfidAnon, Mae, CSL, Elvis, Hit, Shotty, Shotty, Shotty

Shotty/Budja: SpyreX, EP, CSL, Sigma, Sigma, Infinis, Infinis, IK, Rayfrost, Zak, Sotty

EP/FHQ: Confid, Hoopla, Confid, Crypto, RayFrost, IK, RayFrost, Hiphop, IK, Hiphop

Hiphop: CSL, SpyreX, EP, CSL, Sotty, RC, Sotty, Charter, RC, RC, Zak, RC

Pops: Hoopla, Charter, Consid, CSL, EP, infinis, CSL, Mae, Infinis, Charter, Infinis, Rayfrost, Shotty, Hiphop, Shotty, Hiphop

SpyreX: Budja, Pads, Mae, Pads, Hiphop, Pads, IK, Ray, Shotty, Ray, Zak, Pads, IK, Hiphop, Pads, Sotty
Show

Proud member of BaM
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Popsofctown wrote: you're acting like a dog that has realized it just tested out as purebred, and decided now it's safe to wallow in the mud endlessly because it's too valuable to get thrown out.
"Well, I..."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Is that to me? :(

I need to get the overdrive to see if I'm missing something but today my options really are nolynch or roll the dice for the win on Pads.
Show

Proud member of BaM
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:29 pm

Post by hiphop »

pops don't ignore me.
hiphop wrote:fhq, pops, and shotty, what are your positions? No Lynch? Lynch? At this moment, who would your vote be on if needed.
popsofctown wrote:Pads and Spyrex have been at eachother's throats. Is it townie squabble, a scum and a townie, or an elaborate game-long double scum ruse?
What do you think pops?
fhqwhgads wrote:I am also happy to lynch both you and Pads for contorting this game into a mess of roles. Confusion isn't a townie tell in my book.
I don't know how that can be. I tried to be as precise as I could be. More roles do add confusion, but would you rather be sitting in your armchair and all of a sudden, bang, the unexpected happens. At least now you are prepared. Besides if something I said confused you, all you would have to do is ask.
Pads wrote: I'm not sure how Pops got on everyone's obvTown list.
Actually I thought he was only on spyrex's townie list. I believe because Spyrex posts so much that it gave the impression that the town thought he was townie.
Pads wrote:Today, scum need two townies to misvote. Tomorrow they need but one. Let's not dick around. Scum are just going to kill SpyreX or fhq, who no one was trying to lynch anyway, and decrease the number of townies they need to vote incorrectly whilst not affecting our number of targets at all.

Let's put this game away.

Only question is, do we lynch pops first, in the very small possibility that he really did slip about there only being one scum? Hiphop, SpyreX what do you think?
Pads does have a point.

unvote

We should do the lynch today. Most likely, one of those two will die tonight anyways. That will only knock out one more townie.

Pads don't be in such a hurry. We have a whole week. If we really are in lylo, let's be sure of our choice.

As for the last question give me another day to think about it. I really would like for shotty to post first, and answer my question.

SpyreX wrote:I need to get the overdrive to see if I'm missing something but today my options really are nolynch or roll the dice for the win on Pads.
Why pads? What happened to your push on me? And why is shotty town? I get the impression that you really do have it in for pads.

Speaking of Shotty, where is he?
mod prod shotty
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm in favor of a no lynch, hiphop, I'm just not voting it yet because I want to get all the discussion out of the day that we can.

Pads and Spyrex is probably townie squabble, but occasionally Pads gets reachy and contrived and I'm not sure about him.
"Well, I..."
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:36 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I've been rereading Pads for the last few days struggling to come to a conclusion, I guess I'm going to jump in the mud with both feet tomorrow (real-time) once I have my notes in order. I know there's questions from a couple people as well, I'll answer those tomorrow as well, please don't replace me before then mod. >.>
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:48 am

Post by Pads »

Well, unless Zoraster gives us an option to vote for 'Gee, I sure don't know what to think about Pads' you guys might want to look into expressing yourselves some other way.

We're half way through the day, and everybody seems to be sitting around waiting for the first shoe to drop, so allow me.

vote: Shotty to the Body

I've never been a fan of No Lynch. I think it just gives the scum one more opportunity to whittle the game down to a player base in which they will have the best opportunity to wait for a misvote. I'm sure some zen master is dying to tell me how sometimes you have to do nothing to do something, but I'll find a way to sleep at night. Besides, if the rest of the players feel that strongly about it, they don't need me to make it happen anyway.

Oh, and I feel compelled to enhance the vote list,

Pads
: SpyreX,
ConfidAnon
Mae
CSL
Elvis
Hit
, Shotty, Shotty, Shotty

Shotty/Budja
: SpyreX, EP,
CSL
Sigma
Sigma
Infinis
Infinis
IK
Rayfrost
Zak
Sotty

EP/FHQ
:
Confid
Hoopla
Confid
Crypto
RayFrost
IK
RayFrost
, Hiphop,
IK
, Hiphop

Hiphop
:
CSL
, SpyreX, EP,
CSL
Sotty
RC
Sotty
Char
ter
RC
RC
Zak
RC

Pops
:
Hoopla
Char
ter
Confid
CSL
, EP,
infinis
CSL
Mae
Infinis
Char
ter
Infinis
Rayfrost
, Shotty, Hiphop, Shotty, Hiphop

SpyreX
: Budja, Pads,
Mae
, Pads, Hiphop, Pads,
IK
Ray
, Shotty,
Ray
Zak
, Pads,
IK
, Hiphop, Pads,
Sotty

Anyone else thinks SpyreX's stands out?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:08 am

Post by SpyreX »

Woooosh.

I like the elaborate measures to say "SpyreX didn't vote for EK or charter". If thats the case, go ahead and say it.

I'm going to a birthday party today but if we really want to throw down today I'll do the Pads dance. Especially since in this ruleset his rationale for "they'll get easier mislynches" is not only incorrect but absolutely 100% wrong - this setup favors town in lylo for the simple reason there can't be a power scum-hammer.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”