LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Have to say on a iso-read im not enthralled with a PE v Crazy scenario. While my vote would be fairly easy, its putting up neutral leaning town against town. I would rather see ani/snow/kast(rep zwet) lynched over PE without any hesitation, and finch/sir/bv maybe.

There are more interesting secnarios if you want PE up and want him lynched/information. I would go up the PE/[sir/kast(zwet)/bv(saber)] if you wanted that, even though if PE is a must, PE/ani is my pick.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

LlamaFluff wrote: There are more interesting secnarios if you want PE up and want him lynched/information. I would go up the PE/[sir/kast(zwet)/bv(saber)] if you wanted that, even though if PE is a must, PE/ani is my pick.
Paltry vs Sir
-Would result in a Sir eviction

Paltry vs Kast
-Actually not a bad choice. The only thing is the coup de ta.

Paltry vs bv
-Pretty sure bv is town

Paltry vs Animorph
-Yeah, try telling me Animorph wouldn't be evicted in a landslide here.

Why didn't you include Snow here?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Didnt put snow because my top pick is ani. If you are insistant on PE going up, I would prefer to have ani up with him. Second would be snow followed by... instinct says kast/zwet.

Playing devils advocate though, Kast-scum would eventually need to be lynched. If he becomes the popular choice before time to used the overthrow thing, its the right nomination.

Also can everyone clarify their TOP pick out of the top two? Like if they were lynching normally who would people be voting. I think its obvious with most people but I would like to be sure.
Co-host of The USL Show
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by bv310 »

Kmd4390 wrote:
bv310 wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Sly's noms, I didn't like because I had a town read on one and a PM from the Mod telling me that the other was town.
Care to explain what you mean by this? How did you get mod confirmation on someone's alignment?
Right before the game started, I got a Role PM. It told me I was town.
PaltryExcuse wrote:I can tell you why the mod told him. The other was Kmd. Kmd is claiming he got a town pm.
***DING DING DING***

:lol:
Ohhhhhhhhhh. Now I get it. :P
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by hewitt »

Crazy wrote:You get an overly defensive vibe from me?
Yes.
Kmd4390 wrote:Paltry vs Sir
-Would result in a Sir eviction

Paltry vs Kast
-Actually not a bad choice. The only thing is the coup de ta.

Paltry vs bv
-Pretty sure bv is town

Paltry vs Animorph
-Yeah, try telling me Animorph wouldn't be evicted in a landslide here
In those match-ups I would vote to evict

Sironigous over Paltry
Kast over Paltry
Paltry over bv
animopherv over Paltry

The Coup D'Etat is a very scary twist to this game. If we get too far along and Kast is scum that could be disastrous. If I get another crack at HoH and Kast still has the power I will be nominating him against a pro-town seeming player to force him to use it before it gets too far along and he can use it dangerously.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:44 am

Post by farside22 »

ATTENTION HOUSE GUEST:

KMD as current HOH I must inform you that you have until Sunday Jan 2nd to announce your 2 nominee's
Please make sure to bold the names of your two nominee's

That is all
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Actually, since it's been brought up. I've been trying to figure out a bit of a WIFOM question. Maybe some of you guys can help. Kast came right out and claimed the coup de tat. Would he have done that as scum? Or town? Both? Neither?

As town, what does it really accomplish? Ok, we know who has it. He can talk to us if he's considering using it. It's more info for the town. Doesn't really hurt anything. Ok, so why not claim it? That's the thought process I'd have. It's basically like a power role and scum don't kill in this game, so it can't hurt to claim it.

What about scum's perspective? At first, I don't see how it helps to claim it. It brings a lot of unwanted attention your way. Then again, maybe people will fear nominating you? But if even one person sees it as a threat or suspects you, you're going to have to use it and then become a huge target.

I think the fact that Kast claimed the coup detat right away is a big point in his favor. Thoughts?

----------------

Farside, yep, thanks for the reminder. I'll be around. I have nothing but free time since losing my girlfriend, job, and car in the last 2-3 weeks.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:56 am

Post by pablito »

I thought it was protown to bring it up right away. However, he's still had some questionable moves (as well as zwet).

I think the benefit of announcing is that people fear nominating you but also that if you don't agree with his viewpoints, you know that there's the possibility he might topple you.

But it really doesn't matter though, because it's not the coup d'etat that is dangerous, it's more the lingering threat that he can dangle in front of us. But kast has shown some good thoughts, so I don't worry about him using it. Mike Boogie had it, but he used it as a bargaining tool/threat in the real show.
Sup, later.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:16 am

Post by hewitt »

Mike Boogie also then went on to win the game unfortunately.

Really I'm not going to judge on whether it was pro-town or not to claim until he uses it. That will be the deciding factor for me.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:03 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I can sort of understand why everyone wants me to get eliminated. However, I am trying my best, not only to not get evicted, but to improve my playstyle, as I'm sure that's what makes me come across as scummy all the time. If anyone would like to help, just say so and shgoot me a PM post-game.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:08 am

Post by farside22 »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Farside, yep, thanks for the reminder. I'll be around. I have nothing but free time since losing my girlfriend, job, and car in the last 2-3 weeks.
Wow that sucks.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:13 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

pablito wrote:I thought it was protown to bring it up right away. However, he's still had some questionable moves (as well as zwet).
It was pro-town to bring it up right away, but I think there are quite a few inherent benifits for scum bringing it up right away, primarily that people are going to be hesitant to put you up before time runs out to use it. I havent seen much wrong with kast, but I usually get a fairly strong town read from zwet which I did not get in this game.
But it really doesn't matter though, because it's not the coup d'etat that is dangerous, it's more the lingering threat that he can dangle in front of us. But kast has shown some good thoughts, so I don't worry about him using it. Mike Boogie had it, but he used it as a bargaining tool/threat in the real show.
BB refrence is lost on me, but I can see it being used by a good manipulator as such.

Anyways. If everyone wants to lynch Kast, we nominate him. Thats the end of that. Is it dangerous if he is scum? Yes, of course it is. Regardless of alignment I expect him to use it if he is up and thinks he might be evicted. I would use it without second though if I thought I would be lynched if I didnt, I dont think anyone would not stop their own lynch if they could put up who they thought was scum for a 50-50 of getting the axe instead.

Its like someone claiming SS, miller etc. If you think they are scum, you still lynch them.

Also if the PoV person is being discussed for nominations, claim now.
Co-host of The USL Show
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

LlamaFluff wrote: I usually get a fairly strong town read from zwet which I did not get in this game.
Yeah, that's been my issue from both Zwet and Kast. I don't think I've ever played a game with Kast where I didn't call him "obvtown", but I don't have that read on him this game.
LlamaFluff wrote: Also if the PoV person is being discussed for nominations, claim now.
I'm not nominating the person who I gave the veto to.
farside22 wrote:
Wow that sucks.
*shrug*
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:06 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Kmd4390 wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote: I usually get a fairly strong town read from zwet which I did not get in this game.
Yeah, that's been my issue from both Zwet and Kast. I don't think I've ever played a game with Kast where I didn't call him "obvtown", but I don't have that read on him this game.
I really think a nom of Kast could be overwhelmingly interesting if it wasnt for the overthrow thing. I still want ani up though, and if whoever gets evicted likes that lynch, you know where to throw a HoH

Llama 2010

*campaign*

I just really dislike a Crazy/PE nom since I would prefer neither get lynched
Co-host of The USL Show
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

LlamaFluff wrote:I just really dislike a Crazy/PE nom since I would prefer neither get lynched
Well we disagree then.

I think Paltry needs to go.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:31 am

Post by pablito »

Honestly, if it goes crazy/paltry, people need to look at both and bring up cases on both. While neither of those two are the top of my suspicion list, I think a flip from either one of them can be extremely informative. but I think crazy is more likely to be scum than paltry - based on how crazy has reacted to some statements.

i think paltry has been on the defense so much I don't remember much about who he's poked and prodded at. and crazy seems to be so far in the background - which is fine I guess.

as for snow vs. ani, I think it's a fine selection as well. I think it would be real interesting to see how hard people push on ani if snow is up on the block as well. cases on snow seem to be mostly on what she hasn't done whereas cases on ani seem to be more on what he has done.

I'm not opposed to any of those four going up actually.
Sup, later.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

pablito wrote:Honestly, if it goes crazy/paltry, people need to look at both and bring up cases on both. While neither of those two are the top of my suspicion list, I think a flip from either one of them can be extremely informative. but I think crazy is more likely to be scum than paltry - based on how crazy has reacted to some statements.
I dont think putting up two people I think are town is a good thing, given that most people think that they lean town (I think), or at least have one as "really town", its going to be a situation like we had with the DC/Sens thing.

Something where reasoning isnt going to be 'Because its not X' is going to be more informative then ones where people at least are sort of split on the issue. Im not sure this holds true for PE except for anyone but Kast who apparently is off-limits.

When does overthrow have to be used? If its anytime before a unanimous decision is reached, we can do Kast-PE and if Kast is getting lynched, he can use it.
Co-host of The USL Show
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by Crazy »

pablito wrote: @Crazy and ani - do you remember that Kast has coup d'etat?

Do you still support nominating kast? why or why not?
No, I didn't know that.

In that case, we shouldn't nominate him, at least not now. Even if he's scum, we can order him to use the coup d'etat when someone makes bad nominations... and if he doesn't use it, then well, he's scum.
Snow wrote:I was going to say something like that. What exactly do you expect to win by lynching me? I know I'm town, and thus my flip would bring nothing good to town. One less townie, and not much info.

A Llama lynch, in the other hand, would bring more useful information, and we might as well get rid of a scum that is making a good job to look townie.
"I'm town" really isn't much of an argument... people want to lynch you because you're scummy... And you want to lynch Llama... just for that little post where he "set up lynches?" Is a Llama lynch better than an ani lynch?
pablito wrote:I feel that Crazy´s position on snow bunny is still a bit vague. and obv snow´s position on crazy (and everyone else) is vague as well
Well, I thought she was obvscum early on... now I'm less certain but still leaning scum.
Kmd wrote: Crazy, Sly strikes me as someone who would bus. And Paltry's reaction looked like scum who knew his buddy was caught.

What are your thoughts on the possibility of being nominated against Paltry?
To me, Sly bussing Paltry is just a "possibility." I don't find it particularly likely to be true, mainly because seeing all of the Paltry-Sly interactions as just a coincidence isn't very difficult at all.

I didn't think there was a possibility of me being nominated against Paltry... if that happened, that would suck. *shrug*

I believe the case against me is that I don't have much of a push of aggression to my posts? Honestly, unless if I'm really
involved
and excited about one of my games, I usually play in a similar manner to the way I'm playing here. Right now my interest in mafia is relatively low, which is why this is my only ongoing game.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by Crazy »

Kmd wrote:I think the fact that Kast claimed the coup detat right away is a big point in his favor. Thoughts?
Missed this post, but this statement is false. Kast would claim he had the coup d'etat as scum if he would claim he had the coup d'etat as town. The basic strategy as scum is to appear like you're town. If he's scum and didn't claim he had the coup d'etat, then later in the game he'd be stuck with questions about "Why didn't you claim you had it earlier?"
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok, if I nominate Crazy and Paltry, I know the veto won't be used. I'm also very sure that Paltry will be the one who is evicted. I realize that if he flips town, I'll look pretty bad, but I don't care. As HoH, I want to do everything I can to evict scum who I don't think will be evicted later in the game.

Nominate Crazy and Paltry
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:11 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

I'll be on when I can to post a PBPA. Otherwise, I will be nursing this hangover.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:41 am

Post by Kast »

@Llama-
Even if we end up with a full mafia B team and a single mafia A member, we would still have to lynch the most probable scum, even if that player "claimed" to be the last remaining mafia A. For mafia A, he would definitely still lose the game (either by failing to hit mafia B or after a mafia B member is lynched) if he claims. If the town obeys your strategy and spares the player who claims, then we've just handed mafia B a get out of jail free card that could let them flat out win.

@AM-
Your statement doesn't match with your actions. You don't actually care about opinions, you just want to attack players who don't post that frequently, regardless of whether the posts they have made had content (opinions) or not.

Stating you didn't know I had coup d'etat is a BS excuse. If you are scum, you're obviously lying. You're pretty obv-scum.

@Hewitt-
I initially posted that your SB nom as HoH was weird, to which you FALSELY claimed that SB has been your top pick even over Sly. You mentioned SB once on replacing in, then completely dropped her from your suspects while Sly was picking a replacement to be lynched instead of you. After the replacement was picked, you added SB back, but just as a "pawn" to go against your top choice Sly.

@KMD-
Neither of those two are my top suspects, but I would vote PE over Crazy. I find Crazy's play so far to be more pro-town than PE's, though neither of them are coming across as scummy.

@Crazy-
And think of it, Sly had to be doing SOMETHING when he nominated DisCode! Why else would he do something that made him look like total scum? I'm not sure if Kast is the answer to that question, but that question has to have SOME answer, right? What do you think?
On re-read, the most likely answer is that he was defending saber who was supposedly his top suspect.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:41 am

Post by Kast »

Also, happy new year.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:43 am

Post by bv310 »

Interesting noms. I'm somewhat disappointed that ani's not up there, and fully disappointed that Snow's safe, but Crazy/PE is going to have good discussion at least.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:57 am

Post by Crazy »

Kast wrote:On re-read, the most likely answer is that he was defending saber who was supposedly his top suspect.
Yeah, that's a possibility. I'm not really sure.

@bv: All nominations will have "good discussion," unless if one person is obvtown and one is obvscum.

Personally, I think the nominations stink. The main nom, Paltry, is based entirely off of associative tells, and Kmd just picked me to give Paltry a good chance of being evicted. (I'm imagining that the only other people that Paltry might not survive against would be Llama, pablito, and hewitt... and if Kmd put any of those up instead of me he'd look like total scum.)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”