Mini 210: Secret Ballot Mafia- The Ballotbox is Closed!

halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:57 pm

Post by halfpint »

ChocoCid wrote:Okay, I wasn't aware of that. That would explain the lack of a second kill... although two kills a night seems like it'd be powerful in a 12-person game. I could see there being no SK.
Well, I've been in mini's and modded mini's that have more than 1 killing group. So, another possibility is that there is more than 1 killing group and they targeted the same person. However, since I feel that the town is at a serious disadvantage in the game, my gut feeling is that there is only one killing group.

I can see reasons why not announcing who you are going to vote for is a good thing. But, Someone's question about how we are going to make sure our lynch is going to help the town is still valid. How are we going do this?
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:35 pm

Post by halfpint »

mathcam wrote:so to make sure we don't let them have their way with the voting, we can't just "do our own thing."
I think I'm a little confused here. Are we talking about making it known who we are going to vote for before we go to the voting process?
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:18 am

Post by halfpint »

Okay, thanks. :D I think that it sounds like a good plan because the town working together is better than the town working individually.

So, do you think ogre knows that the game started? He's the only one who hasn't posted anything.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:20 pm

Post by halfpint »

ChocoCid wrote:So what would you suggest we do then?
Well, I think that we get started like we get started in other games ... we talk about who we find suspicious. Then, if we feel strongly about someone, we should call for a vote now. However, seeing as it is imperative for the town's survival to have agreement on who to vote for, we need to make sure that we have the agreement before we have a majority of 'vote nows'.

I find people suspcious that don't want the town to come to an agreement. It seems to me that it is in the mafia's best interest if the town doesn't have an agreement on who to vote for before the day is out. That way, they can make up a majority block on someone and hope the town scatters their votes. You, Choco, I find especially suspicous because you keep saying things like "it's not in the spirit of the game to decide on who to vote for beforehand". That seems very scummy to me.

Where in the heck is King?
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:34 pm

Post by halfpint »

So, I don't have too many suspicions other than the one that I pointed out about ChocoCid and players trying to keep what each person votes a secret. Like I said before, I am mainly suspicious of players that don't want the town to join forces and decide on who to vote for before actually doing so. ChocoCid is my leading suspicion right now, but that also might be attributed to the fact that he posts more than others and is more visible.

It would be nice to hear what some other peoples' suspicions are at this moment.

I am going to be without computer access for the next couple of days ... until about Thursday or so.
Mod
, feel free to replace me if you feel that is too long.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:34 pm

Post by halfpint »

Sorry about the delay in posting my thoughts about what is going on. I will do so tomorrow. :)
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by halfpint »

Okay, so I've read through the posts ....

My top 2 suspects (I really don't have a strong third suspect) at the moment are: raj and Astronaut.

Raj because he seems to be just wanting to get through the day, putting 2 names up for a candidate to lynch. He writes:
raj, in post 56 wrote:It sounds like we may have our two nominations for lynch, Pariah and ChocoCid..
then,
raj, in his very next post wrote:in my eyes ChocoCid & King Enigma are our leading people.
Both times he gave no real explanation of why he switched King with Pariah. Also, he hasn't given any real argument at all on why these are his top 3 picks, especially Pariah and Choco. He is also one of the people that was proposing to keep the votes secret .... his post of
raj wrote:that being said i think that if we vote in the open it will help the mafia. it sounds like the town could have some advantage or special role that gives them an advantage to keeping everything secret.
seems like a weak attempt to put an argument behind why we should vote in secret, which IMO can only
hurt
the town.

Astronaut mainly because of this question:
Astronaut wrote:Are Someone and I the only ones concerned about how we should vote?

We have talked quite a bit about how we should vote. I, for one, posted my thoughts on the subject more than once. In fact, that's pretty much what the entire game has been about thus far -- deciding on how we should vote. This question comes off to me as someone who is trying too hard to appear to be pro-town.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:50 pm

Post by halfpint »

Someone wrote:
halfpint wrote:
Astronaut wrote:Are Someone and I the only ones concerned about how we should vote?

We have talked quite a bit about how we should vote. I, for one, posted my thoughts on the subject more than once. In fact, that's pretty much what the entire game has been about thus far -- deciding on how we should vote. This question comes off to me as someone who is trying too hard to appear to be pro-town.
I believe that at the time it seemed like the majority of the people wanted to keep the votes secret, which is why astro made that statement.
Well, it was a while after I left for vacation, and I know that we had been talking about it before I left ... His question seems scummy.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:42 pm

Post by halfpint »

Well, I was waiting for more dialogue about who people found suspicious. If too many people say vote now and we haven't come to a consensus of who we should vote for, then we will go into to night without being open about who we should vote for. I thought that was the idea. Am I mistaken?
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:50 am

Post by halfpint »

Someone wrote:That being said, I don't understand KE's refusal to vote raj. Does it matter if you think that choco is scum? Can't we take care of him tomorrow? Or are you equally sure that raj isn't scum? If so, then you may have a case, but you need to explain why.

Otherwise, your refusal to vote raj is at best unruly and probably not pro-town.

We are not hasty in voting now, if you see any reason that raj should not be lynched, you should speak up with your reasoning. You said there is "so much discussion that needed to be done", and it can stil be done! However, once we have decided to vote, the only thing you can do that is pro-town is to vote with the town, whoever it may be.
I agree with this. I would like to hear why you feel that it is better to vote Choco .... do you think that raj isn't scum? There's more than one scum out there right? Why are you so intent on lynching this one particular person? Do you have more information about raj (or Choco) that you aren't sharing? Plus if you know that the rest of us are going to vote for raj (which I haven't confirmed that I will), then what is the sense of voting for Choco? It seems like you are withholding information which doesn't seem very town-like.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #10) » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:35 am

Post by halfpint »

Okay. My suspicions haven't changed about raj. So, even though inhim brought up some good points about Lubabah (which we might want to investigate tomorrow), I feel comfortable enough saying
vote now
and confirming that I will vote for raj.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:10 pm

Post by halfpint »

So sad. :(

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”