Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

Lowell wrote:Love post 368. Glad someone did the research I was too lazy to do, and that it confirms bigmc's unfrozen caveman lawyer is a bit of an act.

In other news, Flave is buddying up to me like no one's business. In 362 he notes offhand how I explained myself adequately in response to something or another, then later corrects himself in 366 and claims not to want to speak for me. Um, thanks? I'll take it as flattery for now that he wants me to be happy (also since we need to lynch bigmc today), but his seeking to appease his prior enemies (or his prior persona's-enemies) is a little obvious.
Hi Lowell nice to meet you I'm Lynx. Care to ever answer anything I ever ask you?
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:57 pm

And you know what.
Unvote, Vote:BigMc

I'm going to leave no chance for a no lynch with this deadline and go with a more guilty until proven innocent approach.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

Lowell, I was responding to Lynx, who asked what I thought about something he saw as scummy regarding you. I explained that I didn't think it was scummy, but I feel that if there is explaining to do, it's best to make you do it yourself. I don't see at all how that's buddying.

Two more Bigmc votes please.
Town: 3-5
Scum: 1-2
3rd party: 2-0
For the sake of MMM's happiness and my own, my sig has been placed here in a more condensed way. I apologize for the old sig and promise to have changed my ways for the better. <3 MMM
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:47 pm

Post by dank »

Interesting, every other game i've played would lynch the player with the most amount of votes or whoever got there first if there was a tie at deadline, didn't realize this game was different.

Anyway, since the consensus seems to be towards MC, and Jazz's point is a pretty damning icing on the cake, i shall
unvote, vote MC
. No lynch is certainly not a good option.

Lowell- please answer the huge list of questions towards you, including mine on the last page.

Flava- what do you think about Lowell's ignorance towards the questions asked towards him?
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:57 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

I forgot to mention, the 10 p.m. is Mountain Standard Time.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Vote Count:

bigmc109:
curiouskarmadog, Lowell, Flava Flave, Jazzmyn, Lynx The Antithesis, dank
Lowell:
Paradoxombie, hewitt
Flava Flave:
bigmc109
Sanhora:
Scott Brosius
Jazzmyn:
Sanhora

Not Voting:
danakillsu

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline:
Today
at approximately 10 p.m.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:08 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

unvote, vote:Bigmc109

I haven't found him that suspicious, but he's probably not much worse of a lynch than saber was.
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:22 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

someone hammer please
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:55 am

Paradox's vote was the hammer.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

@ Mod: danakillsu hasn't posted for 12 days and Scott hasn't posted for 9 days. Can you please prod or replace them?

Regards,
Jazz

Replacements are being located. Night will not end without them.
[/size]
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:46 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Vote Count:

bigmc109:
curiouskarmadog, Lowell, Flava Flave, Jazzmyn, Lynx The Antithesis, dank, Paradoxombie

Lowell:
hewitt
Flava Flave:
bigmc109
Sanhora:
Scott Brosius
Jazzmyn:
Sanhora

Not Voting:
danakillsu

Deep in the jungle many dangers exist.

There are wild beasts, fugitives, and even lynch mobs. Yes, lynch mobs.
Unfortunately for a man named bigmc109, the lynch mob had chosen him as their target.

As the lynch mob drew closer and closer, bigmc109 pleaded for his life.
It was to no avail. The majority had made up their minds.

Thus came the end to bigmc109.

Oh, his role you say?
Fine, fine. bigmc109,
Werewolf
, lynched Day One.

Night One begins. Please submit your role actions to me within 48 hours.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:03 am

Post by ZEEnon »

havingfitz replaces danakillsu. Percy replaces Scott Brosius. Welcome!
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:06 am

Post by ZEEnon »

Deep in the jungle many dangers exist.

There are criminals, lunatics, and werewolves. Yes, werewolves.
Unfortunately for an individual named Sanhora, a werewolf had decided to have a midnight snack.

Sanhora,
Townie
, killed Night One.

Day Two; Begin!

Voting:
N/A

Not Voting:
N/A

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Deadline: January 23rd, 2010 at approximately 10 p.m.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:23 am

going to reread....also, going to see who was against MC lynch early on, changed his tune later when it was obvious he was going down.....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:26 am

Post by havingfitz »

Hello all. Starting my read and will join in asap.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:29 am

Post by dank »

vote: Lowell
, to keep up pressure from D1. You've floated along without answering any of the criticisms against you, or really explaining much of what you're doing; that certainly warrants a vote.

Reread coming a bit later.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:40 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:going to reread....also, going to see who was against MC lynch early on, changed his tune later when it was obvious he was going down.....
interesting reading....if the above quote fits your actions yesterday, could you please address (explain) BEFORE I have to call you out.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Lowell »

dank wrote:
vote: Lowell
, to keep up pressure from D1. You've floated along without answering any of the criticisms against you, or really explaining much of what you're doing; that certainly warrants a vote.

Reread coming a bit later.
Whatever. I was on the bigmc wagon way before it was cool. I own this game. Without me this town is nowhere.
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

Vote Dank

I think he's Bigmc's buddy. I don't remember why, but that was the connection that stood out to me most when I originally replaced in and read the game.
For the sake of MMM's happiness and my own, my sig has been placed here in a more condensed way. I apologize for the old sig and promise to have changed my ways for the better. <3 MMM
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:47 pm

havent finished read yet
Flava Flave wrote:
Vote Dank

I think he's Bigmc's buddy. I don't remember why, but that was the connection that stood out to me most when I originally replaced in and read the game.
so day 2, and that is all you got with your vote? "there was a connection but I dont remember why?" Why do you feel like that is scum hunting? Dont you what to recall exactly why?

also lowell, I was the first to push a case against Big...but that means close to jack, mafia (like town) wanted to off wovles as well..and mafia (like town) dont know the difference between wolves and town...so dont go spouting off that you are so obviously town.
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

Ok, I read my catchup post and this is Dank's post that I mention that has to do with Bigmc. Said he was quick to excuse his actions. Let's see if I can remember what that was all about.
dank wrote: That said, bigmc's vote was not L-1. However, his assertion that he "missed" MR's vote is a bit suspicious, and could be a good excuse to put saber in a quick lynch position. Nonetheless, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, since its early in the game, and most of us aren't being all that careful with our votes either (we're just out of rvs).
Ok, I see it. Let me break this post down a bit.
Dank, beginning of the post quoted above wrote:That said, bigmc's vote was not L-1. However, his assertion that he "missed" MR's vote is a bit suspicious, and could be a good excuse to put saber in a quick lynch position.
Raises a valid concern on Bigmc. I'd expect this to be followed up a little or not pointed out at all. Let's see where he goes with this in the next chunk:
Dank's 'next chunk' wrote: Nonetheless, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, since its early in the game
Woah, woah, woah. Why are we letting off our suspects here? Why bring up a point against a player and call him suspicious just to give him "the benefit of the doubt"? This makes no sense. There is literally NO reason to be giving players the benefit of the doubt, especially early in the game when there isnt nearly as much to go off of.
the rest of this scum's post wrote:and most of us aren't being all that careful with our votes either (we're just out of rvs).
If by some chance this is coming from town, I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to do here.

Near a lynch, you are going to excuse a wagon hop because no one else is being careful? Tell me, specifically, who was as careless as BigMC with their vote at that point in the game.

Then the RVS reference. First off, who made a random vote around the same time as BigMC's vote? Secondly, show me where Bigmc's vote was a random vote or there is no purpose in referencing the RVS here.

Dank's actions in this post are the following:
1.) Make a point against a player now known to be scum
2.) Give the "benefit of the doubt"
3.) Defend against the point that he brought up himself.

Yes, Dank was on the BigMC lynch, but he was the 6th vote (L-1) when it was clear we were lynching BigMC anyway and this was the post where he voted:
dank wrote:Interesting, every other game i've played would lynch the player with the most amount of votes or whoever got there first if there was a tie at deadline, didn't realize this game was different.

Anyway, since the consensus seems to be towards MC, and Jazz's point is a pretty damning icing on the cake, i shall
unvote, vote MC
. No lynch is certainly not a good option.

Lowell- please answer the huge list of questions towards you, including mine on the last page.

Flava- what do you think about Lowell's ignorance towards the questions asked towards him?
First paragraph, he seems upset that we are lynching BigMC over myself.

Second paragraph, seems to be conceding to something here. Like he's reluctant to vote, but the evidence against BigMC is too strong not to.

Third/Fourth paragraphs, trying to send pressure in another direction for the next day (as we see in Dank's first post today).

By the way, to answer the question directed at me in this post, I think it's a characteristic of Lowell's playstyle, not his alignment.

So yeah. Let's lynch BigMC's buddy today.
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

curiouskarmadog wrote: so day 2, and that is all you got with your vote? "there was a connection but I dont remember why?" Why do you feel like that is scum hunting? Dont you what to recall exactly why?
Don't worry, I looked back and found it. It looks even stronger now that BigMC has flipped.
CKD wrote:also lowell, I was the first to push a case against Big...but that means close to jack, mafia (like town) wanted to off wovles as well..and mafia (like town) dont know the difference between wolves and town...so dont go spouting off that you are so obviously town.
^This is correct. Anyone who is not likely to be BigMC's buddy could still just as easily be mafia.
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by dank »

I gave bigmc the benefit of the doubt in the early points of the game, just as I did saber. Its easy to look back on it now with mc flipping scum and calling me obvscum, but was my behavior towards mc really different than towards saber, or anyone else who did something scummy at the beginning? I noted his action as suspicious, and later things he did further added to my suspicion.

You know, my other posts on MC throughout the game.

Oh, well, you didnt really post them. It seems like you're trying to frame me as his buddy by using an early post where i excuse his behavior, and my final post where I vote him though he was my second choice.

You never seem to mention
dank wrote:
bigmc109 wrote:I was reading everyone's posts. I read all the posts, though I was on my phone. When I got home later,
I voted after reading the new posts and seeing no one else had voted for SW.
really? Within the 50 minutes prior to your post, MR placed a very bad looking "lets see you hammer yourself vote on saber" taking him to L-2, and minutes before your post, I unvoted because I felt the wagon was growing too much for just pressure, and said I wasn't too happy with it.

And yet, nothing happened before your post?

My issue isn't that you may have simply not been paying much attention at the time; like i said before, few people are careful throwing out votes at that stage of the game. What's caught my attention is how you're trying to make excuses for it that are backfiring, and refusing to admit that you simply weren't paying attention and it was a bad move. You're trying a bit too hard to cover up and qualify the mistake, like you're overly concerned with looking town.

fos
or
dank wrote:
bigmc109 wrote:Sorry, hit post too soon.

Do I think SW is scummy? Yes. Do I think MR was particularly scummy before he asked for a replacement? No, I had a null read on him. But the fact of the matter is he flaked as soon as he had a load of pressure on him, and that is scummier than SW's hot-and-cold play thus far.
Or.. he's an obvious newbie to the game, and after Saber and others jumped all over him, he felt overwhelmed? I thought it was pretty obvious that's what happened.

Tell me, he's said he's new to the game, and everyone could tell. It was also plainly obvious he got overwhelmed towards the end. Why would scumNoob MR replace out in that situation while townNoob MR stays in? Explain that please.

You're somehow saying that means he's scum, which is both ignorant and taking advantage of a situation. Sounds like you want to lynch MR quickly before he even gets a replacement, simply because he asked for one.

Oh, and please give me an example of saber's hot play, since he's been so "hot and cold". Interesting underhanded defense of his play, back it up.

major FOS bigmc

Saber goes today. You're very high on my list tomorrow.
or
dank wrote:
To answer your question real quick, I had the idea in my head that replacing under pressure is commonly thought of as a scumtell. I was obviously wrong, hence my unvote.
You've yet to actually say why its scummy, only that you thought it was. Are you saying that you vote people for things only because they're generally considered scummy by the rest of the town? That's a mighty safe way of playing this game.

It does not sound like you're interested in scumhunting, but rather keeping a "town" image and not doing anything that could stray from that. You made a vote, rather than defend it once pressure mounted, you simply said sorry, my b, if you guys don't think its scummy, then it isn't.

Anyway, i'm staying on the SW wagon for now, I don't think flava's shown enough to convince me to go elsewhere yet.

dana- who are your top suspects and why?
Can't possibly let town forget how scummy my scumbuddy has been. Gotta make sure to push him to make even more mistakes, so that suspicion on him rises. :roll:

I was on MC throughout the day, and had we gone with saber/flava tonight, he would be my prime suspect on this day; I thinkt the posts I made in response to him make that clear. But of course you didn't quote those, because that makes your nice little argument look bad.

Yes, I wanted saber/flava over bigmc, because I felt the play there was so obviously scummy that we had a very good shot of hitting wolf or mafia.
Third/Fourth paragraphs, trying to send pressure in another direction for the next day (as we see in Dank's first post today).
this is an argument? I'm sorry for putting pressure on people? That's very mean of me? What do you even mean pressure in "another direction"? We were clearly lynching mc, you were my second suspect, Lowell was scumming up the last few pages, I directed questions at both. What is your point?
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

Dank, pretty sure BigMC was one of Saber's main targets once he started actually playing. And he was my vote initially. Nice try though.

Your FoS's prove my point even more. If I remembered them, I'd have looked at that just as much as the other posts. An FoS is a good way to show that you are looking in a player's direction, but really, it doesn't do a thing. Very common distancing tool.

You show 3 posts where you question BigMC. Raising points against him. FoSing him twice. But you didn't vote him once until it was the last possible option. And even in the post where you do vote him, you seem very reluctant to do so.

Wait, if I was your second suspect, what changed to put Lowell above me?
Dank wrote:But of course you didn't quote those, because that makes your nice little argument look bad.
Funny. Seems to me that they reinforce my argument. Thanks for building on to my case for me.
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by dank »

Your FoS's prove my point even more. If I remembered them, I'd have looked at that just as much as the other posts. An FoS is a good way to show that you are looking in a player's direction, but really, it doesn't do a thing. Very common distancing tool.
If I am his scum buddy, why would I bring attention and make NEW points against MC to build a case against him, especially when saber's lynch looked like a sure thing at the time? How does that make sense?
You show 3 posts where you question BigMC. Raising points against him. FoSing him twice. But you didn't vote him once until it was the last possible option. And even in the post where you do vote him, you seem very reluctant to do so.
Because he was my second suspect, as i've said countless times. I wanted to lynch saber over MC, I felt that was the best choice for D1, but town wanted to lynch MC. So, we lynched MC, my second suspect.
Wait, if I was your second suspect, what changed to put Lowell above me?
You were my first suspect. I voted Lowell today to continue the pressure from yesterday which he never really answered. Since we have a new day, I figured i'd look at your play with a full day ahead of us to get a better feeling of your play, rather than basing it off of saber's scummy D1 like I had to do yesterday.

You could say i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. ;)
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

dank wrote: If I am his scum buddy, why would I bring attention and make NEW points against MC to build a case against him, especially when saber's lynch looked like a sure thing at the time? How does that make sense?
It's called distancing. Especially when you aren't even voting him and apparently thought another lynch was sure to happen. If another lynch is a sure thing, there really isn't much risk in bringing up a few points on your buddy.
dank wrote:
Because he was my second suspect, as i've said countless times. I wanted to lynch saber over MC, I felt that was the best choice for D1, but town wanted to lynch MC. So, we lynched MC, my second suspect.
If he was your second suspect, it seems like you'd be more ok with his lynch than you seemed to be. More of an "Ok, not a bad choice.", but your post had kind of a "this sucks, but whatever" kind of feel to it.
dank wrote: You were my first suspect. I voted Lowell today to continue the pressure from yesterday which he never really answered. Since we have a new day, I figured i'd look at your play with a full day ahead of us to get a better feeling of your play, rather than basing it off of saber's scummy D1 like I had to do yesterday.

You could say i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. ;)
Nice of you to buddy up to the guy who is attacking you right now, but it's a complete 180 from the stance you had when there was a wagon on me.

Return to “Completed Open Games”