Mini 891 - British Comedy Mafia (Game Over)

Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

There are a whole schlew of scummy things he's doing with this claim, but rolefishing? Do explain.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Sure. He's trying to get people to claim if they support his theory that vanilla townies have additional powers.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Netopalis wrote:You.....you.....you just claimed Mason! And you're asking us to go to night
without revealing your partner
! No way I'm hammering before we hear more.

And I'll go ahead and say it - I know that your little hypothesis is false because I am vanilla and have no further information or role.

Nobody else follow up on his little rolefishing attempt here. Unless he verifies that Mason claim, I recommend lynching him. Immediately.
Why would I reveal my partner? How am I rolefishing? Why would it not be better keep my partner secret for now. Multiple good things for town can happen by doing this. Outing us both now on Day 1 would be the dumb thing. Why would you want more info going to scum about who my partner is? As of right now, they don't know, how would them knowing not be beneficial.

See, I think you have it backwards Net, and I think it is you who have made a slip. You accuse ME of rolefishing yet it is you who want my partner to claim and confirm me. THAT sounds like rolefishing to me. Also, if I were stumped, how would that not be a pretty good deal for town as I would still be able to talk and I know of at least one other person who is town.

Needless to say, Budja isn't my partner and neither are you. As for who I think is scum, I would say it's you and Budja. You're bussing him now and with my info out there, you think you may have found a way to save him by lynching me "immediately".

I stand by what I said in saying that not outing the other person at this time is better for town.

Also, your explanation about you accusing me of rolefishing is ridiculous. I didn't ask for anyone to give any more information about it. I simply posted my thoughts about it and added another reason of why I, PERSONALLY am voting Budja and don't believe his claim. You're totally getting my vote tomorrow Net. :D Die scum die!
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by Budja »

The Mason claim was horribly timed.
@China,
1. Are you and your partner confirmed town to each other? (v. important to know now)
2 Why claim?

Touchy ground here, but I suspect China misunderstood some role PM wording.
I have nothing but my vote and I am VT.

@Net, I don't see it. China's action was bad but I don't see any fishing. Your reaction claim was anti-town.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by Budja »

I agree that you do not out your partner.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

China, what does the following mean?
Chinaman wrote:I don't believe his claim at being town and being purely without anything useful.
Also, I too would like answers to the below.
Budja wrote:1. Are you and your partner confirmed town to each other? (v. important to know now)
2 Why claim?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Quite simply, the reason that I am requesting that he reveal his partner is that he'll most likely die tonight without being able to clear his partner. I'd rather us have a cleared partner than a non-cleared one.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Oh, and also, if this isn't proper play with a single claimed mason, please let me know. I've never run into this situation in a game before, so I'm not sure if there's standard procedure or not.

Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

He's already said that they are confirmed town to each other; my biggest objection is that he isn't claiming a partner.
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

Neto beat me to it.

Also, if China could please explain why his "time is pretty limited here", that would be good.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by Budja »

His partner can claim on his death if they are confirmed to each other. No reason at all for a claim today.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by Netopalis »

If he has a partner. Honestly, part of me is wondering whether he's scum trying to shore up his town cred.

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by Budja »

I doubt it. I see no advantage for scum to pull such a move. No-one was attacking him.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Netopalis »

*shrugs* It's true that I have seen him make sillier plays as town, I guess.

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Budja »

re. BC.

you went to null in my post 11 after Imag. brought up a point.
---
I voted BC for his initial attack on Lyman after the claim (yes, it was after Net).
BC votes me back (implied its for opportunism).
BC says "not much on me".
Joins it with the pointless Josh WIFOM (not scummy but useless)
Attacks me again for points looked at a long, long time ago and
after
he says there is "not much on me".

So useless posting [/hypocrite] and his pushes on Josh and myself seem to follow the general trend rather than his opinion (see above).
(...and a giant bucket-load of gut. Quite frankly he is the only one who is really active and scummy. I don't have a case beyond gut and meta on Locke, but I think he is lurker-scum.)
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Netopalis wrote:You.....you.....you just claimed Mason! And you're asking us to go to night

And I'll go ahead and say it - I know that your little hypothesis is false because I am vanilla and have no further information or role.

Nobody else follow up on his little rolefishing attempt here. Unless he verifies that Mason claim, I recommend lynching him. Immediately.
"You are Mason! We can't let town have confirmed townies! Quickly! Tell me who is your other partner so we can kill you during the night!"

I don't care about the line of thoughts. The mason claim was bad as hell. But you asking to reveal the other partner? That's worst.

MFOS: Net
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Why is it so bad? It's entirely possible that we could make it to a 2v1 endgame with Chinaman's partner still not revealed. 2 players claim it...what happens then? Plus, it allows us to focus on one less player - confirmed townies are generally good for the town.

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by Budja »

Look, China's partner can claim when they consider it best. They may not wait until LyLo.
Also China isn't guaranteed by any means to die tonight.

Let the masons sort that out.

@Snow, what about Fuzzy's reaction?
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

*facepalm*

He didn't imply that there were NO vanilla townies.
Netopalis wrote:Why is it so bad? It's entirely possible that we could make it to a 2v1 endgame with Chinaman's partner still not revealed. 2 players claim it...what happens then? Plus, it allows us to focus on one less player - confirmed townies are generally good for the town.
The two players that are masons will then proceed to lynch the scum. How is that not obvious? Correct, more confirmed townies are good when nearing endgame, not when nearing night 1.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:11 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Chinaman (Emphasis Added) wrote:
Also, to anyone paying attention, I had an convo with someone where I stated
I believe that the odds were good that town had more special stuff (knowledge, power, etc) then we did pure vanilla. Part of the reason I believe this is because I know there are 2 town that know eachother is town. It's not a super cool power/knowledge role, but it's more than plain vanilla townie.

Also, BC, in re: your endgame scenario:
No, that's not what would happen. One player is actually Chinaman's partner, another is a townie who is not Chinaman's partner and a third is mafia. None of the 3 can confirm the other.

BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

yea, you're misinterpreting that Net. I'm fairly certain that he meant that town had more for them in regards to power/information roles than a lets say mountainous set up. All he is saying, is these two townies, one of which i believe is him (correct me if i'm wrong) is more than a vanilla townie, because he knows of another confirmed townie supposedly. However, as i've stated it does not look like he is suggesting that there are no vanilla townies.

maybe some clarification China?
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Netopalis wrote: Also, BC, in re: your endgame scenario:
No, that's not what would happen. One player is actually Chinaman's partner, another is a townie who is not Chinaman's partner and a third is mafia. None of the 3 can confirm the other.
oh, i thought you were implying china was still alive. perhaps they bread crumbed. we'll see what happens if this partner is revealed.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Yeah, clarification would be good...I had a great deal of difficulty parsing that sentence - particularly, the sentence "I believe that the odds were good that town had more special stuff than we did pure vanilla".

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by Budja »

I believe he was suggesting no VT's at all. He did say he disbelieved my claim because I had no powers.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:31 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Budja wrote:
I believe he was suggesting no VT's at all.
He did say he disbelieved my claim because I had no powers.
I'm sorry, but i highly doubt that. This game would be very unbalanced if there were no VT's and a shit ton of town power/info roles.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”