Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Pads »

Vote Count, Day 6
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 1 ) Pads
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 0 )
Unvote ( 5 ) Shotty to the Body SpyreX popsofctown fhqwhgads hiphop
Total Votes ( 6 )

With 6 alive, 4 needed for a majority.
Deadline is January 7th, 11am EST

"Hey, guys, have you seen Pads' latest post? It proves that he's scum."

Awful jumpy there, aren't you? I didn't say anything about EK or Charter, nor was I making a point that had anything to do with them. I just wanted to know if anyone else noticed that your vote history is conspicuously uncolored in comparison with everyone else.

I'm not sure what you mean by a power scum hammer, unless you're alerting us to inside knowledge that only a single scum remains.
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Pads »

That wasn't terribly clear. Let me try again.

"I"m not sure what you meant there about there being no chance of a power scum hammer..."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by SpyreX »

OHHHH I see you're saying that its odd that the people I've called scum are still alive. Yea, thats real strange all things considered - or, really, its not. For more than a couple reasons that I don't feel like hearing the WIFOM dance about soo.

As for the other:

See, someone (or someones) throw down votes that don't make sense or are opportunistic - that's not game. In fact, a power hammer would have quite the chance to flip back on the person(s) who did it. So, one of the greatest scum end-game assets - a town that votes fast setting up the mislynch, just isn't available in this ruleset.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by hiphop »

Pads- Shotty voted for charter here in between the two infinis's votes.

I was having issues lately with spyrex not being on any scum wagon when I realized that as far as I am concerned he wasn't on any wagon because he didn't know who scum was. Therefore, I have come to realize that scum lie in two people shotty and pops. So it really doesn't matter which we lynch first as long as we lynch one of them.

Spyrex- why pads? I implore you to consider pops or shotty. I do not understand why fhq and you want pads lynched. I also believe you are wrong with the power scum-hammer theory. Sure they can't quick lynch once a townie votes another townie, but they can quick switch their votes at the end of the 24 hours or the end of the day, and there is nothing we can do about it. Think about today for instance, half the people vote no-lynch the other half vote for someone. If a scum is voting no lynch they can switch their vote a minute before time expires and bingo someone is lynched. Same thing can happenn in lylo. Think about voting shotty with me and pads. One thing is for sure, if we no lynch a townie will die tonight.

pops-please answer the rest of my question
hiphop wrote: At this moment, who would your vote be on if needed?

pads, town- lets do this
vote shotty

Shotty convince me I am wrong, but being it is a holiday today, I expect an eyesore tomorrow. I don't plan on getting TV today, but I also don't plan on voting the impossible.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:11 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm so tired of beating my head against this game.

Is there a 100% SUPER CONFIRMED TOWN? No.

THUS, nolynch makes absolutely more statistical sense. Of course at this point if you chuckleheads ARE right about shotty I'm getting lynched for the loss so huzzah.

As for Pads. I'm not going to make a full case but if you want some NEW reasons for it look at his case on pops. Just really look at it. Then, go ahead in the way back machine and look at day 1.

And the whole lyncher debacle. And this gem of gems:
Today, scum need two townies to misvote. Tomorrow they need but one. Let's not dick around. Scum are just going to kill SpyreX or fhq, who no one was trying to lynch anyway, and decrease the number of townies they need to vote incorrectly whilst not affecting our number of targets at all.
AND the fact that his shotty part of the case today was circumstantial to pops being scum and OPTED TO VOTE FOR SHOTTY INSTEAD.

And then the vote count business.

Vote: No Lynch

Notice how confident I am in Pads being scum. Notice also I'm voting No Lynch.
Show

Proud member of BaM
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah, proper play for the win.

To answer hiphop: I actually think Shotty is the scummiest player left in the game, but the fact both you and Pads would lynch me if/when he flips scum makes me feel kind of dead-ended. (We've come to that point that self preservation is actually more important to town than to scum. They can lose a man if they have 2, we can't).

I'd probably vote Shotty anyway if I wasn't voting the cough correct play for today cough No Lynch. I'd just have to hope you guys come to the right decision. Faith in humankind. That thing that's lost me several mafia games XD.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:17 am

Post by Pads »

Spyrex wrote: AND the fact that his shotty part of the case today was circumstantial to pops being scum
Completely backwards. As Pops pointed out, my case on him rests largely with Shotty being scum, not the other way around. Shotty is scum. He could potentially be scum with anyone here.

Pops, not as much. If he's scum, he's almost certain to be scum with you or Shotty.

Pops and Hiphop scum team? Unlikely. If you bus, you want townie points for it, and you get less townie points from a policy lynch (which pops was pushing on hiphop) of scum, then a 'zomg, I found a scum!' lynch.

Pops and Fhq scum team? Unlikely. He wouldn't have liked Hiphop's analysis of Roflcopter's investigations more than Sotty's/my analysis.

And to both of you: Do you guys honestly think that either of you is an auto vote first thing tomorrow if we end up with a dead scum Shotty tonight? Isn't it kinda weird that you BOTH are saying that?
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:37 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

hiphop wrote:I do not understand why fhq and you want pads lynched.
Saying 'that makes me want to lynch you more' and 'I want to lynch you' is not the same thing, thanks.

The shotty arguments aren't winning me from
atm.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Day 6
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 2 ) Pads hiphop
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 3 ) SpyreX popsofctown fhqwhgads
Unvote ( 1 ) Shotty to the Body
Total Votes ( 6 )

Deadline is January 7th, 11am EST
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:28 am

Post by popsofctown »

fhq, who's scum? you should tell us what you think, this might be your last day.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I don't really have time to post my full-case, I've barely been able to get on Mafia at all due to RL issues but I'll try and get a synopsis going here.

His consistent failure to build a case on anything but obv scum or town is glaring, read his suspicions lists throughout the game and look for a case built on any of the conf-scum, there aren't any. In ISO 13 he busses obvscum EK, he doesn't have anything to add to the wagon or says what he agrees with just goes along with the crowd. In ISO 14 "and I suspected Elvis for a good bit yesterday." really, where? She get's one mention near RVS in his ISO 5, also fearmongering of a scum plan by Hito and Spyre here. Misreps Hito in ISO 17 and willing to lynch IK. ISO 21 was where he started pushing the idea SpyreX was third party, not really sure what to make of that though. In ISO 27 he makes his escape from the policy lynch on Zak by bringing up the ridiculous idea we were in LYLO then, he's not an idiot and there's no way he thought we were truly in LYLO then, he's distancing from the mislynch. ISO 47 is a contradiction as he promised us a Sotty reread earlier in his ISO and never did.

Vote No Lynch
is the right play and pushing anything else is moronic, just reinforces that Pad's is scum trying to win the game today before we get to narrow down our voting pool.

I'll check back in tomorrow, if you had questions for me just throw me a link if you can, I apologize.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:12 am

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Day 6
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 2 ) Pads hiphop
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 4 ) SpyreX popsofctown fhqwhgads Shotty to the Body

Unvote ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 6 )

Majority is reached. You have until tomorrow (Monday) at 2pm EST to change votes.

A majority has been reached! Day will end at 2pm EST tomorrow (Monday) unless a new majority is reached.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:28 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

popsofctown wrote:fhq, who's scum? you should tell us what you think, this might be your last day.
IMO, Pads. What with his "Hey, we're screwed anyway, so let's just get rid of the irritating people, lulz" and then his quick "kill shotty scumz" turnaround.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:05 am

Post by Pads »

Instead of needing two misvotes, they now need just one, and they've clearly created an environment in which they're going to get it.

Policy fails us. Again.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:22 am

Post by SpyreX »

And again if Shotty wasn't scum that is game. I'm really not sure whats so hard about this.
Show

Proud member of BaM
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The whole "needing two misvotes" thing is just a way of twisting the situation around so it looks different. The town has to find scum and lynch it tomorrow.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

And it's easier if there's only 5. I should finish my thoughts.
"Well, I..."
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by Pads »

No chance it could just be 'looking at it in a different way', eh? It has to be 'twisting'?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm not gonna disagree with you and validate your viewpoint at the same time pads. Geeeeeeez
"Well, I..."
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Pads »

Pops' way or the highway, then.

That certainly is, shall we say, a bold choice for a forum game with hundreds of different players.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by SpyreX »

On an unrelated note: We're all retarded and some of it isn't accidental.

The starting game flavor clearly says there is only one mafia faction. My lord.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:26 am

Post by Pads »

Yeah, it says that the two mafia joined forces to become one, but I'm sure we all grew up with cartoons where when the evil guys all allied to make a super evil group, they all end up betraying each other. Probably not in a Normal game, though.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

Sorry Pads, am i being mean :(
"Well, I..."
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:19 am

Post by Pads »

You implied that you find all viewpoints with which you don't agree to be invalid. "Mean' is not the adjective that came to mind.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:55 am

Post by zoraster »

It is night. All night actions are due by 2pm EST on Wednesday, January 6th.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”