Open 175 - Picking Simplicity (Game Over)

Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:01 am

Post by Kreriov »

EBWOP - that should be N0, N1, and N2. What I do not know is if Iguana was allowed a N0 action. In which case I would be more inclined to think she got an innocent result on Grimmy, a guilty on yabba and really like my winning smile when I replaced in.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:26 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

Iguana wrote:
Iguana Post 1122 wrote:
yabbaguy wrote:@Iguana:
Iguana wrote:I would still love to lynch Toro, but cant word that safely
What does this mean?
Even if I find my reasoning, I dont think I can swing it in time, and actually have a better chance of stopping any lynch from happening. Im convinced its the right lynch, but im also convinced its just not happening.
The thing is, you never even
tried
. Not once. And now you are sheeping.
Mentally I tried but never pulled it off. Im starting to think I can articulate it, but it would pull people off the SCoug wagon, and I dont think enough people would post by deadline to make it a successful lynch. Assuming im alive, tomorrow I will put my reasoning first post since no doubt I will have time.
Arg. There's NO WAY the investigation was on ANYONE but Toro. She even says in this passage of play that she'll explain her reasoning in the first post tomorrow - eg, claim.

The reason why she didn't vote him or push him other than the zillions of times on D2 she said she was sure he was scum for 'gut' reasons was because of what I bolded above, she didn't think there was a realistic chance we'd all jump on the wagon. It would have looked really obvious for the cop to try to push a wagon on someone who wasn't there and was replacing. There would be natural resistance to doing it from town and the scum would easily work out she was the cop.

These comments specifically indicate she has a guilty of Toro over Yabba. They are impossible to explain any other way:
I think yabba is the best bet I can explain in an acceptable manner. If I could just open fire, I would pass him up for super gut Toro without question.
Im going to go with what I can get done safely today, although if people are down for a Toro lynch im not even going to hesitate to go along.
Well... 12kb is in my top 5 still (goes toro, yabba, you/kre, CC). Hyl is dead. Skitzer I have mellowed a bit on, people made good arguements that he is town.
I would still
to lynch Yabba, but I have run out of convincing time
I would still
love
to lynch Toro, but cant word that safely
I wouldnt be against a Nik lynch too much
All three of those quotes indicate her most suspected person is Toro.

But her posts and style of investigation make it obvious who she was investigating. She specifically told us on D1 that she'd be investigating slightly scummy lurkers. She did that once with Grimmy. It makes pure sense she's pick Toro as her N2 investigation.

Look at her mentions of the player. She quotes one of his posts on Oct 25, ISO post 29. The next time she mentions him is Dec 7, Iso post 72. 6 weeks and 50 of her own posts have gone by, probably 300+ game posts without her even mentioning his name and then suddenly in the first post of D3 she starts banging on about how she'd totally lynch him.

THIS IS NOT A COINCIDENCE. Toro/Sotty7 ARE SCUM.

There should be NO other lynch target today.
I'm old now.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:42 am

Post by Grimmy »

Cop results cant be ignored.

Vote: Sotty7

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Kreriov »

@Serial - Fair enough. But again, why push yabba so hard? I just do not get it. What did Iguana have on yabba over Toro?

Unvote

Vote: Sotty7

I think we need a vote count...
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Nikanor wrote:You're scum, too.
Ok, now that's just funny. Is it still because I voted for you on D3? After you failed to prove me that you are NOT acting like a VI on purpose?

vote: Sotty7

Let's see, where this trail will lead.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:48 am

Post by Grimmy »

thats six.

and a lynch.
Show

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Well lame.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:44 am

Post by semioldguy »

Vote Count 27:

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

As of Post 1329 a lynch has been reached.

Sotty7 - (6) yabbaguy, SerialClergyman, SpyreX, Grimmy, Kreriov, Col.Cathart
Kreriov - (1) Nikanor

Not Voting - (4)
Knight of Cydonia, Sotty7, Heilograph, skitzer

Notes:
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:47 am

Post by semioldguy »

A closer investigation of Iguana's body finds a small notepad, filled with nearly indecipherable notes. You think you've found something in it though and
Sotty7
is going to take the fall. After very little deliberation, she is terminated and searched. On her person you find a concealed gun, clearly a member of the mafia. After all this excitement, you decide to call it a day and rest your elderly minds, despite having just woken up.

Sotty7,
Mafia
, lynched Day Four

*It is now Night Four. Night Four will end and actions must be submitted by Thursday, January 7, 2pm PST.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by semioldguy »

With one of the badguys finally down maybe that would dissuade the killers from pressing on. Old people are stubborn about their ways though and this morning has another two people who didn't wake up early enough for breakfast. You first go to
Kreriov
's room, only to find that it is empty.

However, when checking up on
skitzer
you find both of their bodies. Skitzer's body with several gunshot wounds while Kreriov seems to still be holding his gun despite being face down in a pool of his own blood on the floor. It looks as though Kreriov had shot Skitzer, only to be surprised from behind and garroted. Kreriov seems to a part of the mafia, which must mean that Skitzer was just an ordinary old person. Of course that also leaves the killer who snuck up on Kreriov. It appears that quite a bit still needs to be unraveled before the retirement home can return to normal.

skitzer,
Townie
, shot Night Four

Kreriov,
Mafia
, garroted Night Four

*It is now Day Five. Deadline for the end of Day Five is on Thursday, January 28 at 2:00pm PST (Pacific Standard Time).

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

We're 5 v 2 v 1 right now. We actually have a mislynch to give, since we'll drop at worst to 2 v 2 v 1, and the SK will be playing for town to avoid getting endgamed themselves.

If Mafia is lynched, it'll go to 5 v 1 v 1 after the lynch, and opens the (narrow) possibility of a cross-kill between scum and SK for the town win.

If the SK goes lynched, it's 5 v 2 after the lynch, but then it's 4 v 2 after a nightkill. My advice: we'd still best leave the SK for the Mafia to dispose of and keep looking for actual Mafia.

Getting some sleep before I attempt this daunting Mafia hunting task. Good night.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Your right lets lynch some scum today up ins choo choo.

Vote: Yabbaguy
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

I have a theory about SK.

Dramonic was as good n1 shot as anyone, and Nik knew him before from other games. If I recall correctly, Nik was also questioning MSH, voting for Coug on D3, AND voting for Kreriov on D4. So yeah, I think Nikanor is our Serial Killer. Mafia is still a bigger threat though, so I'll leave him for now, especially, if he'll manage to shoot one more scum along the way.

Grimmy still seems obv town at this point, though I have to admit, I'm actually surprised, he's alive after last night, especially because Skitzer wasn't beyond any suspicion (unless Mafia is doing SK hunt themselves).

I have strong town feelings on Clergyman. He seemed genuinely convinced, mafia was strangling, and SK was shooting (the point, that I think is destroyed completely after last night). I don't think scum members, who exactly knew who killed who, would act like that.

So that leaves Heilograph, KoC, Yabba and SpyreX in my mind.

vote: Yabbaguy

Due to the discussions on late D4.

If I had to choose right now another scum, that would be Heil probably. Honcho wasn't very active during the game, and Heil stuck in my mind after asking pointless trivia questions instead of scumhunting near the deadline on D3.

I haven't re-read Kreriov's or Sotty's game though, so my opinion may change, after I'll re-read them.

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Col wrote:So yeah, I think Nikanor is our Serial Killer.
Except that I totally called Sotty being scum at the end of day three. She would have been dead night three if I were to have anything to do with the kill.
Why did you hammer Sotty so quickly yesterday?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:53 pm

Vote col cathart

I think he's almost certainly scum. Spyrex yabba vote is fail. *glares*

Case to come depending on time.
I'm old now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Why is yabba vote fail hmm? Its not like I announced just this scenario if sotty was scum. :P

I'm interested on what you have from CC. He's a little too laid back, but overall I've had a town vibe.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:29 pm

He couldn't find a cop breadcrumb? Look at his interactions with Anti-hero/12kb.

Yabba seems pretty reasonable and without an investigation all we have from Iguana is a genuine scumhunting attempt. There was also a push to move the supposed investigation OFF of Toro and ONTO Yabba which indicates to me he's not likely scum.
I'm old now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:09 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm confused at your entire last post.
Yabba wrote:Toro is actively lurking practically to the same degree 12KB is, and if anything, tilts scummier than 12KB. Nikanor still remains a target right now, though. However, I might have to meta-dive to prove or squash the theory that Nik's screwing around is a sign of scum apathy.
Yabba wrote: Toro, zwet, dram, and WW are poor contributors to this game in general out of all the people actively posting. Not a fan of that.
Voting for Iguana wrote:Again, weaker than I want it to be, but sure as hell better than AH. Here's why:

-Voted in three posts in a row at the outset of the game (albeit one random). How can she discard cases that fast?
-despite 12KB being her adamant case at first, has now all but abandonned it. Not once mentioning Antihero, especially since at least one other player is noticing scumtells in his posts, is an alarm that she's lazily slipping off it while nobody's looking.
-First time she posts scumlist, appears thrown together and offers no rationale behind most of her suspects. This shouldn't be seen as pro-town at all.
-is trying to push a lynch merely of someone who's anti-town. That's taking advantage of someone who just doesn't play well. I see no outright scumtells in that post. This is the sort of thing I brought up with Honcho, we need to see actual scumtells. Insisting that being a poor player is scummy is scummy in itself.
-consistently asserted at one point "WarWound is town". It didn't sound so much like she had evidence for it so much as she knew already from a scum position. Granted, this diminishes with a known SK in play, but it still feels like she's feeding concrete information to us that she knows of already.

Zwets and Pom, please explain votes further please.
Dramonic voted for 12KB and Iguana... but cited "buddying" as a reason for the latter, so I don't think he leads us much of anywhere, unfortunately.
* Nikanor >>> scummy
Honcho >>> not
Blastinus >>> not
skitzer >>> not
? Kreriov >>> possibly?

SerialClergyMan >>> not
Col.Calthart >>> not
? Toro >>> possibly?

? hohum >>> possibly?
* StrangerCoug >>> scummy
SpyreX >>> not
? Grimmy >>> possibly?
* Iguana >>> scummy
Kreriov, I mentioned a lot, seems to be using a very convoluted stream of logic, especially in his most recent posts... but maybe that's just the fact that he just decided to go on rants. Makes readability poor, which might be part of the problem. Giving up on the saber wagon... well, he didn't really justify much, but just sat and said "Oh, what a stupid gambit. Stupid, stupid, stupid." Coug, too. SpyreX, for one, is fine because he was using actual rationale to say why saber was actually "scummy" for it.

And because I'm tired look at iso 86. Just really look at it.

Also, in case there was ANY doubt: Grim is town. SC is town. 4 sho'
Show

Proud member of BaM
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:35 pm

not yabba, col cath. Look at Col's intreractions with 12kb and anti.

Then in terms of yabba, the fact that scum (kreirov) tried to say we should lynch yabba instead of toro makes me think yabba town. If he was going to bus based on crumb, why not just bus obvious crumb?
I'm old now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:41 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Beacuse both of them are scum and it was a screw sandwich? ;)

OHHH... I'll look at CC though when I have the awake parts of the brain.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:14 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Nikanor wrote:Why did you hammer Sotty so quickly yesterday?
Truth to be told, I didn't look at other people voting, and I didn't check the count, so I was quite surprised to see, that actually I threw a hammer here. I did good though, I think...
He couldn't find a cop breadcrumb?
Ok, I agree, my bad. I have no excuses for myself, except from late hour of reading this thing and I just didn't add 2 with two. But as I said, yes, that's my mistake.
Look at his interactions with Anti-hero/12kb.
I see, where you're coming at with 12KB. All I have to say, is that I really thought that wagon was way too fast at the time, and since some people hoped on it 'just because' (I'm looking at Foilist [later Coug] and Blast [later KoC], I was against it, as I smelled some scum driven wagon.

And AH? I don't see much here, especially with the amount of his contribution. He came, did one recap post, name me, Blast and Nik scum, and gone away. Not really incriminating IMO (though if someone is a fan of Chaos theories, he may suggest he planted here one of his buddies within the rest of [town] suspects, but in this case why me, and not Blast or Nik?), so I don't see your point here.

Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:19 am

Post by Grimmy »

I think a Yabba lynch is the wrong call.

Kreirov was trying to push AWAY from a toro/sotty lynch with his read on the cop results, and push TOWARDS a yabba result instead.
(post 1324)

Grimmy
Show

Rishi wrote:

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:08 am

Post by Nikanor »

Col wrote:Truth to be told, I didn't look at other people voting, and I didn't check the count, so I was quite surprised to see, that actually I threw a hammer here. I did good though, I think...
Wrong answer.
Vote: Col.Cathart.

Col wrote:I did good though, I think...
Col wrote:But as I said, yes, that's my mistake.
I wanted to lynch Sotty for this kind of crap. Why would you make the same mistake your buddy did? Also, this just seems incredibly out of character for you. You see a lynch coming and want to placate your attackers. That's just scummy.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Nikanor »

Grimmy wrote:Kreirov was trying to push AWAY from a toro/sotty lynch with his read on the cop results, and push TOWARDS a yabba result instead.
(post 1324)
Yes Grimmy, that has been mentioned about a zillion times already. Are you reading the thread?
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:27 am

Post by yabbaguy »

@SpyX-1342: I'm absolutely lost where this is going. The only thing that makes sense is the fact that I put a question mark next to Toro and Kreriov on the scumlist instead of calling them scummy outright, but everything else makes no sense to me.

---

On a sidenote- Grimmy's my second pick for SK if Nikanor is wrong. Remember, SK flips innocent to a cop.

Still thinking... but I have to leave for the night. Bye.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!

Return to “Completed Open Games”