Open 189~Trouble@Warren State Mental Hosp (Over)

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:36 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Hey there! To be honest I wasn't sure about replacing in - I just /in'd into the mini normal queue, and I don't like having three active games particularly much. But how could I say no to this rockin player list?
Vi wrote:Oh excellent, I get to see hito's scum meta :3
Sorry Vi, my fantastic, in-defiance-of-all-probability no scum streak continues undaunted!

And hello again Sotty. I just realized that with us replacing into each other's games this is our fourth game in like, a few month span. I went ahead and changed my avatar because I'm sure you're sick of the awesomeface by now. :p

Anyway, to business. You'll be happy to know that I told Tubby I wanted to replace pretty late in the evening, and since he apparently went to sleep, I took the liberty of reading the whole game thread last night. I'm not 100% on the proceedings, I'll admit - I skimmed the more grievous walls and didn't really keep track of the times involved, so I don't know how valid the various lurker cases are - but I'm certainly grounded in the background. For my actual content posting, I'm going to ISO each and every player and comment on those rather than just trying to be a part of events weeks past. (This isn't to insult you, Bloodcovenent, but I think you can see how you can throw in a lot of effort and not produce a lot of content once the game gets going like this.)

Because we're already on page 20 I'll be posting the ISO's in three's rather than in a single huge post, alphabetically according to the new player list in 490, commenting on the players replaced out at same time as their replacement. I'll try to avoid my usual wallposting and inject a little bit of levity because I can already tell this is going to be boring to write and the first rule of writing is that if it's boring to write it's even more boring to read.

Other than that, I have one more week of winter break (though there will be an eight hour car ride to Nebraska on one of the days between now and next Monday - I think it's gonna be Friday) so I should be free to post a lot of content. (I'm even neglecting Dragon Age for you people...) Feel free to pose questions to me immediately - if they're about a player I haven't ISO'd yet I'll make sure to address it in my ISO post!

PS: The replacement iso-posting thing was blatantly stolen from Humble Poirot, I take no credit for this sexy idea)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:11 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

ISO Spectacular, Part I:

---------------------------------

Bloodcovenent (and hyl)

Friggin' alphabet undermining the value of this approach! Pulled a super-flaker first.

Hyl

with the value of hindsight hyl accusing VP of not posting content is as hilarious as it is unwarranted. However, I will make sure to keep an eye out for this:
Hyl ISO 2 wrote:I dunno, who else hasn't added anything while posting as much as Izzy? After reading, Izzy's several small-content posts stuck out so I added it to my message.
because I remember getting a similar vibe from Izzy's posts. We'll see if it's warranted when I make it to Izzy.

That is basicially the only helpful point to come out of Hyl. The rest was just attacking VPB on posting without content, which is just retarded when aimed at who I think is the most active player, coming from the flaker.

BloodCovenant

Just catch up posts. A little too summarizy for my tastes but that's really hard to do in a twenty-page catch up so I'm not holding it against you. Luckily last I checked C comes right after B so I should be able to judge the Cat case for myself, which gives me a nice little roundabout peek into BC's head.

--------------------------------------

Cat

Oh alphabet, I'm sorry I said those mean things to you.

Wow, cat has been in this game the WHOLE time? Seriously?

After ISO-ing cat I'm inclined to agree with BC on the general cat suspicion. Unlike him, I do like Cat's catch up ISO 4. It's saying "I suspect OU -- shit! Breadcrumb cop! Ah well, I can just leave my vote on xd for the time being." My main problem with cat is every post after that. Multiple extremely short, basicially null-content posts but that's not even the biggest thing. The biggest thing is that he called inattentiveness a scumtell, and when xd called him out on it, he responded:
Cat 353 wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
Cat wrote:I'm having difficulties with MS right now, so I don't know if this post will make it or not.
Vi wrote:@Cat: Do you still like your vote for Xdaamno?
Do you think there is anyone else who is scummy in this game?
Yes, I do like my vote on Xdaamno even more now with his cop vote. I mean, with all the saberwolf shenanigans, he would have at least gone through and read that. As for other scummy people, I would say saberwolf/Porochaz if the breadcrumb wasn't so intact, but the only other small qualm I have is Hyl's lurking.
Elephant in the room: What makes a scum player more likely to not read that than a town player?
Nothing. But Xdaamno has been quite active, so I would imagine he would notice that.
which is uh, dumb as hell. If it's not a scumtell why does it make you happier with your vote? And if not that what made xd go from slightly scummy to almost-always-scummy? And what kind of almost always scummy is trumped by the SAME logical fallacy of 'people who aren't paying too much attention are scum?' If you had advocated for a policy lynch that might have been different, but you specifically called inattentiveness a scumtell AGAIN even after having to admit it's nothing the last time you were called on it. It looks like you're just picking the least popular players (I certainly hate people who don't pay attention) and calling them scum.

To be honest the only reason I'm not voting Cat right now is because I want to finish all of the ISO's before I vote. Because who knows, someone even scummier may be just over the horizon!

--------------------------------------------

Cayke
(because it is easier than your username with all of the numbers after it)

I...I don't even know. What is this.

Votes xd for being scatterbrained and looking like paranoid scum, holds to that for a while. Personally I don't like claims of 'cracking' so early on - in fact, I said it in another game I was in:
Hito wrote: Although, [name withheld], I really don't think you're doing anything productive. I'm sure you feel badass by flustering people but quite frankly you're just finding out who is calm and who isn't calm, and that doesn't have a whole lot to do with alignment. Paranoia may be a scumtell, but that can't really work until there's enough post history that scum can have the worry that maybe they slipped somewhere and you know exactly where. I don't think anyone here is so easily thrown off their game that they think you've read their role PM and know they are scum, or something.
Still, the way she holds to that and being anti-otto, I don't have too much of a problem with. It's pretty severe tunneling maybe, but since it sounds like she comes from this tight-knit scumchat group that's what I would expect when you're used to playing with the same people and suddenly you have strangers in the mix.

Then a combination of the holidays and learning otto is a saber alt turns cayke into some content black hole, ejecting 'fuck' like it's Hawking radiation. I know this is turning into IioA but there's literally like, no way I can comment on this besides, 'buuuuuuuuuuuuh??'

Still, I'm a nice guy and I'm willing to take Cayke's claim of renewed interest at face value. My biggest problem is the revisited attack on xd. I think the accusation on him was weak but understandable the first go around, to bring it up again after a multiple-week gap is nothing short of criminal. I would appreciate a solid post from Cayke on why I, the consumer, should consider xd for my lynching needs. If you can't do that than please join one of the meatier wagons. I know you don't like being a follower but it's better than being an apathetic leader with a whole wagon to themselves.

------

Alright, gonna go grab some food and indulge in a bit of gaming. Later today expect to see my Izzy, hito (yes, I am ISO-ing Jdodge) and Howard iso's. It should be early enough in the day that I can get 7,8, and 9 in before I go to bed.

PS. Mafiascum lagged up and died when I tried to submit my post. However, because I periodically update a word document with my writing it was absolutely no trouble to me - I made sure to paste in the finished post before hitting submit. You should all do that because I am going to feel no sympathy if you say 'LOL WROTE A POST AND MS ATE IT, SORRY NO CONTENT'. You have been warned.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

ISO Spectacular, Part II:

---------------------------------

DizzyIzzyB13

For the visual learners among you I've made a helpful flowchart:

In all seriousness, I've made my thoughts about the xd wagon clear in my last post (and I suspect I'll make them even more clear in my xd iso...though the letter v kinda looms before that.) Apparently there's all this wonderful meta information on xd about how he only ever collapses and references meta as scum, which if true is just barely enough for me to accept Izzy posting in a deliberately unreadable style. That's a hellishly anti-town thing to do, but if you think it'll nail scum, I'm willing to play along.

But. One thing you are not allowed to do is to suddenly DROP your suspicions on said person, pick someone else with a sentence of explaination, and then go back to being deliberately obtuse, especially when your suspicion on VP is that both his Howard AND jdodge cases are horribly weak and scummy, yet giving no reason for why either are weak? Do you think either of them are town? Have you expressed any town read of any sort besides cayke-town?

I'm not quite ready for an izzy-lynch because at least her deliberate unreadability isn't as bad as Cat's easily readable scum, but come on now. The idea that you can post without explanation because you're so certain you hit scum doesn't really work if you switch :3.

Speaking of which, izzy, what DO you think about xd now?

--------------------------------------------

hitogoroshi (and Jdodge)

where doin it man.

where MAKING THIS HAPEN.

Jdodge

If I had been playing in tandem with Jdodge I would have told him to not quote every little thing. Dear lord this is unreadable. As replacement I'd like to think I should perhaps inherit some of my slots suspicions out of respect but here I kinda feel safe saying Jdodge was on the wrong track.

Also seeing his vote on Cay reminded me that I think I need to
unvote

As I said, the reason I'm looking at jdodge is to have that context when I'm attacked on his actions. How merited are the attacks? Judging for myself, without seeing any specific accusations, I'd go with 'fairly'. There's a lot of painful information flooding, and a lot of hopping between VP, Cayke, and xd. Knowing that jdodge is town, my best guess is that he found the energy for a slow game by getting angry and as such didn't really post to show what he liked but only what he hated. But if I was an outsider, yeah, I guess jdodge scum isn't too hard to swallow. Unfortunately I think that, when confronted with jdodge's actions as an attack on myself, my only response will be a shrug.

I will say that he seems to have a lot on xd beyond the initial 'meltdown'. In honor of his slot I'll have to look for that during my iso. (or maybe Cayke will find it for me since apparently an xd lynch would be a wonderful thing.)

hitogoroshi

obvtown.

------------------------

HowardRoark

For his first twenty posts or so, Howard strikes me as pretty town. I once again don't really agree with him staying on xd the whole game - but like Jdodge, maybe he has seen some vast deposits of scum that I missed in my initial read. But from there he kinda starts spiraling into scum scum scum.

Let's start with ISO 22. This is just my opinion and not anything well-established but I really don't like when someone says "I am voting x, but I may soon convert my vote to y or z." That normally, to me, translates as "Damn, I, the scum, cannot start a wagon on x. I will want to try to start one on y or z, but I feel it would be suspicious to just switch, so I must first make a buffer post announcing my intentions as though they were probabilities as to cover my ass later.' This is admittedly mitigated by the fact that I don't see a tajo or hyl wagon going any better than xd's at this point.

but wait, there's more! ISO 24. 'I did it to draw reactions' is second only to 'for reasons already stated' on my Machurian Candidate kill-phrase list. It's perfectly all right to LOOK for reactions, of course, but if you ever want to 'take back' your actions (as that implies) you have to have a damn good reason. I'm especially not a fan of the 'nice jump, cat' comment. There are so many reasons Howard could be saying that and all of them are wrong. Howard, what exactly are you trying to accuse cat of there?

And then he does the defeatist townie act, peaking with the epic line 'my mislynch will not hurt us to any great extent.' You have exactly one (1) post to get back in the game and start contributing before I vote you for either being scum or a townie who apparently can't be asked to fight for his own survival.

-------------------------

that's all folks. On our next episode: populartajo, porochaz/saber/otto, and sotty/qooq.

(which means I have Vi, VP, and xd all in one post after that. dear lord.)
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

VP Baltar wrote:
BC wrote:IMO, from page six I find her play as cocky town.
How does one determine between cocky town and cocky scum?
I would imagine cocky town do not have as much to lose as cocky scum.

VP Baltar wrote:
BC wrote:I'm not really fond of the Howard wagon at the moment. IIRC Howard was VP's second vote. Since then he voted Otto, and then shortly after he went back to Howard. But what I don't understand is why go back to a wagon alone.
Furthermore, what exactly bothers you about the howard wagon? How would you judge his play this game pro-town, anti-town, null or scummy?
It's mostly just a gut. It feels like the group is moving wagon to wagon because they can, and just go until they find a claim they don't like. Granted the town working together is good, but i'd rather not lynch Howard quite so soon. I know he's already had a chance to scum-hunt and whatever, but i wouldn't mind giving him another. Although I think that Cat is a much better lynch.

I
find
(more or less) think that Howard's play would be considered a null. Yea he hasn't contributed much to the game at all other than defending himself or examining his wagon. His lower activity could be due to one of a few things which I won't speculate on because I am not him. I don't know why he's not participating as actively as others. I presume it as town, mostly off of gut.

Hito, I am a major fan of flow charts in general. I showed it to a few of my friends, and they loved it as much as I did! Thank you.
+kudos!
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

please note mod, that I will be V/LA from Thursday night until saturday night-sunday morning
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

ISO Spectacular, Part III

------------------------------------

populartajo

Hmm. Earns an eyebrow raise right off the bat for ISO 4, where he votes Baltar in a way that almost looks like a late RVS but that later posts confirm was serious. And yet he doesn't really mention VP in anything he does for a while, and didn't explain anything about his vote. I honestly don't even know what to make of this. His point against VP eventually comes up in ISO 7:
tajo wrote:Dodge, do you think baltar asking a question he didn't answer to a group of people is scummy/irrelevant/protown?
And yet he seems to have more on howard and izzy than VP? (Also tajo, could you quote me the exact question you're referring to? I'm pretty sure I know the one but I don't want to make a post only to learn I picked the wrong VP quote.)

I'm glad to see Tajo try to clear people as town. While I don't put too much stock into early reads it's still good to make the effort because if there's one thing scumbags hate it's watching the lynch candidates dwindle down one by one. I agree with him that Cayke's post demanding recognition did seem pretty earnestly town. I don't know how much I'm going to weight that once I have more cayke-content to work with, but for now it makes me feel a bit more confident in my decision to give her a more-or-less fresh start after the holidays.

I am much less certain about his xd clearing. The idea that 'I want to know if he's careless enough scum to do x' isn't one that I count at all seriously. Anyone can make a stupid.

Unlike Cayke, Tajo went out not with a bang but with a whimper. Most of his later posts are 'too many lurkers don't wanna play Q.Q'. Like Cayke, though, what I see is pretty good and so I'm willing to let Tajo get back on his feet before I start brandishing the active lurker stick. Tajo, you wanted activity, hi, here I am. Content please.

-------------------------------------

Porochaz, Saber/Otto

Otto

Otto's ISO 3 is a huge what the hell thing. You hastily vote BEFORE reading the topic, as though on a scale of minutes it matters?? I'm inclined to chalk it up to scuminess simply because I can't imagine any townie in the history of ever feeling that rushed.

Other than that, it's that weird uber-cautious that can unfortunately be as well attributed to a newbie cop (I am aware saber has played many more games than I, but if you self-hammer in the RVS I am allowed to call you a newbie) as a fearful scumbag. I don't like how he continually defended his viewpoint on xd and never actually did anything else.

Saber

Yes, they are the same person, but he decided to switch accounts to make my ISOing job that much harder.

Saber didn't say anything actually though. Promised to scumhunt about five times, never actually scumhunted. About the only relevant thing he did was claim cop.

Porochaz

Oh man I do not like anything porochaz has posted. His ISO 6 looks like scumhunting if you're willing to squint really hard but it's such a lackluster pffffftt of a post it's really hard to take him seriously when he goes for, of all things, mostly lurkers.

Apparently he had some rl issues as well. Discounting those posts (it seems that is the kinder thing to do here, even though it sinks his game-related posts into the single digits) his views are basicially a.) jdodge is town and b.) cayke is scum. I obviously like a.); but his rationale for b.) is, as far as I can tell:
chaz ISO 6 wrote:. Cayke, backseat play, aggressive, just above contentless, lurkering now.
Which hilariously can be more or less directly applied to chaz, except that instead of backseat play chaz has apparently decided to get out of the car entirely.

And what's with the no-content unvote? Is cayke suddenly less scummy in your eyes, or is someone else MORE scummy, or...?

But as much as it kills me to say it, a lot of the saber/otto stuff did strike me as cop-tells. So at least for today, I'm not doing a thing against chaz. If he's alive tomorrow, though, I honestly don't know how I'm going to react. Here's hoping that unvote is a harbinger of some actual content coming out of that slot.

-------------------------------------------

Sotty/Qooq

Qooq

No content to be found here, cap'm. Confusion about the quick-wagon, which I'd expect from someone who joined December 6th. And then...nothing. It's a shame that she apparently picked up a PM and said she'd return and then didn't - this extension let Qooq get away with not posting for a long, long time before replacment.

Sotty7

She just replaced in on the 2nd so I can't expect too much. I'm digging the catch-up post - especially her views on Cat, Izzy, and Roark, any of which I'd feel comfortable being attributed to me.

However, (and I'm very glad to say that Sotty was IN this game and will know exactly what I'm talking about) I was in another game Qooq flaked out of, and her replacement managed to post completely pro town and still win as scum because of that huge gulf of no content. Fortunately we're not facing endgame any time soon, but regardless you'll understand why I'm going to have to be pretty paranoid about your slot for a while after being too lenient on a flaked slot cost me a game.

---------------------------

Well that was surprisingly short! Tomorrow, be on the lookout for my monster response to who I think are the three most active players in this game.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:15 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

EBWOP: Since it is 1am in hito-land let me clarify that this is tomorrow as defined as, after the sleep I am about to go to and before the sleep after that.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:25 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Thank you so much, man! Great posting, and quite easy to read, too. I found myself agreeing with, dare I say it, most of the points that you make there. I think I'll end up reviewing my HR case later today.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:38 am

Post by VP Baltar »

BC wrote:
VP wrote:
BC wrote:

IMO, from page six I find her play as cocky town.
How does one determine between cocky town and cocky scum?
I would imagine cocky town do not have as much to lose as cocky scum.
That didn't answer my question at all. HOW are you determining whether it is coming from cocky town or cocky scum?
BC wrote:It's mostly just a gut. It feels like the group is moving wagon to wagon because they can, and just go until they find a claim they don't like. Granted the town working together is good, but i'd rather not lynch Howard quite so soon. I know he's already had a chance to scum-hunt and whatever, but i wouldn't mind giving him another. Although I think that Cat is a much better lynch.

I find (more or less) think that Howard's play would be considered a null. Yea he hasn't contributed much to the game at all other than defending himself or examining his wagon. His lower activity could be due to one of a few things which I won't speculate on because I am not him. I don't know why he's not participating as actively as others. I presume it as town, mostly off of gut.
This is a ridiculous amount of excuse making and "gut". I asked you to provide me with your personal issues with the Howard wagon and you've failed to do so at all. Why do you believe the things he's said are more likely to be coming from town?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:08 am

Post by Porochaz »

Ill be honest here, I read the game, but it bored me so much I didnt retain any of it. The pitfalls of being dyslexic... although really thats not attributing that much, Im just using it as yet another excuse (although it does stop me reading the large walls of text). I threw what can only be called a tantrum earlier which was interesting, Ive only done that once before and Ive proven to myself that once again I just cant do open games for some reason. There is no fun in it. So yeah I can say JDodge is playing to his town meta and cayke is lurking but in reality, JDodge doesnt really have a "town" meta (you know like actually posting) and Im really only voting Caitlin because it amuses me. That will probably annoy some of you but really in the end, beyond making a bit of an asshole post about it and trying to get into the game there is not much more I can do. Im in a unusual position here where my predecessor claimed and yes, I did think it would be easy to take a back seat in this game where Im not going to be suspected today or at least Im not going to be lynched and if Im tellling the truth Im going to die tonight anyway or be lynched tomorrow. If you want my opinions I can read over but as for a summary of what happened so far, I dont do them, they are pretty much a waste of time, unless the players are extra special and have missed something big. However this is fairly low on my priorities at the moment so you may be waiting a while. Sorry.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:13 am

Post by Xdaamno »

That seems like a very town post for Poro to me. I'm not being too careful to say this if he gets NK'd, because his value is diminished by, as he admits, not helping much with the scumhunting.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:46 am

Post by tubby216 »

****************vote count****************

Howard Roark
~(4) L-3,populartajo,xdaamno,VP balter,cat

cat
~ (3) L-4, scotty7,Blood Covenent,Vi

xdaamno
~ (2)L-5,crywolfi,Howard Roark

VP Balter
~(1) L-6, Izzy

not voting
hito, poro

prodding howard roark,Tajo,Izzy,cat

with 12 alive 7 votes to lynch

deadline 7 days remaining
Last edited by tubby216 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:44 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

BloodCovenent wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:]
Hyl wrote:If I had to lynch someone other than VBP it would Izzy, only because I'm the least fond of her play-style.
Willingness to lynch for dislike of playstyle is anti-town.
I disagree. How many players here would want to lynch zwet, if he were playing?
I wouldn't (at least, not for policy reasons). Zwet is a good scum hunter, who has a bad rep for being concise and liking to hammer. Voting for Zwet just because he's Zwet is anti-town.
hitogoroshi wrote:Speaking of which, izzy, what DO you think about xd now?
Scummy, but less so than VP Beltar. He's drifted away from scum-Daamno tendencies into townish Daamno tendencies.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:53 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Also, Tubby, I'm not voting for Daamno, unless I have sweet double vote abilities I wasn't aware of.

****mod edit thanks fixed*****
Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:24 am

Post by HowardRoark »

@hitogoroshi: Any other phrases that we should be avoiding? Seriously though . . .
There are others that I am looking into. Thus my considering to switch to populartajo or Hyl (now BloodCovenent). I don't feel strongly enough about either at this point to switch though.
Cat's a player that I don't have a read on. The comment was to point out how quickly and unreasoned the jump onto my wagon was. It reads like a scum hop.
I was excited to join a game with a group of experienced players. I was hoping to learn something from this game. Yeah, I have kind of a defeatist attitude right now. I haven't gotten many good reads. I'm not enjoying this one.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:40 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

VP Baltar wrote: That didn't answer my question at all. HOW are you determining whether it is coming from cocky town or cocky scum?
I wouldn't imagine scum would be so confident.

Also, under 'imagine' it looks pretty much like Izzy forgot about it being an open set up with only two scum. It's a townie action in my book, and I doubt scum would have played it off like that.
VP Baltar wrote:
BC wrote:It's mostly just a gut. It feels like the group is moving wagon to wagon because they can, and just go until they find a claim they don't like. Granted the town working together is good, but i'd rather not lynch Howard quite so soon. I know he's already had a chance to scum-hunt and whatever, but i wouldn't mind giving him another. Although I think that Cat is a much better lynch.

I find (more or less) think that Howard's play would be considered a null. Yea he hasn't contributed much to the game at all other than defending himself or examining his wagon. His lower activity could be due to one of a few things which I won't speculate on because I am not him. I don't know why he's not participating as actively as others. I presume it as town, mostly off of gut.
This is a ridiculous amount of excuse making and "gut". I asked you to provide me with your personal issues with the Howard wagon and you've failed to do so at all. Why do you believe the things he's said are more likely to be coming from town?
it feels as if Howard is fine with votes on him, i think scum would react differently.
I like Howards defense, VP, you can make anyone look scummy with PbPa's, PopTajo has been less active then what is par, and just threw a vote on. Vi is the queen of bandwagons, jumps on them to move the day forward in ways that only appears town, and Xdaamno voted for self-preservation. I don't feel that it is really a "greeeeaaat!!" wagon. Albeit, howard hasn't done much to contribute, but i could see this wagon consisting of mostly town jumping on a bad town player. It's not a strong town read, but i'm definitely leaning town on him.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:02 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

BloodCovenent wrote:
VP Baltar wrote: That didn't answer my question at all. HOW are you determining whether it is coming from cocky town or cocky scum?

Also, under 'imagine' it looks pretty much like Izzy forgot about it being an open set up with only two scum. It's a townie action in my book, and I doubt scum would have played it off like that.
I didn't. Beltar did.
Show
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:

I didn't. Beltar did.
Let's address this now since discussion is actually happening. How exactly is this a scumtell in your book?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:46 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Not to poison the well but IMO, scum are usually
more
confident. They're informed.
Cracking Idea Mafia
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:07 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Xdaamno wrote:Not to poison the well but IMO, scum are usually
more
I disagree, scum can lose more faster then a one or two town players.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Xdaamno »

If you mean scum have more to lose by a lynch... that's true, but I don't see how it makes people unconfident. It's not like people are terrified of being lynched - most people just see it as a less-than-optimal outcome.
Cracking Idea Mafia
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:22 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

So Porochaz doesn't really care about the game, Howard doesn't really care about the game, and Izzy still apparently can't be asked to say what xd's newfound town tendencies are or what exactly she disagrees with re: the howard or Jdodge wagons. This is
wonderful

One point in particular:
HowardRoark wrote: Cat's a player that I don't have a read on. The comment was to point out how quickly and unreasoned the jump onto my wagon was. It reads like a scum hop.
I agree with the idea that cat's wagon hop looked like a scum hop - as I said, I think he's sniping unlikeable players who don't have much political capital. But then what was your 'I knew I'd get reactions with that one' comment? Because I'm finding it hard to believe you were intentionally trying to act as though you weren't paying attention to draw out scum, or something.

Anyway, back to the show.

ISO Spectacular, Part IV

-------------------------------------------

Vi

Okay what can you say to a player who has 92 posts in this game besides "thank you"? I don't care how scummy you think Vi is, she gets a no-lynch pass until D3 because she has
votes
and
shit that actually exists and is readable
and that's better than taking any of you bums into lylo.

As for the read proper, this is all pretty standard for Vi. Hops bandwagons a lot but gives reasons, doesn't campaign so much for her favorite wagon beyond expressing confidence, builds cases piecemeal and then surprises you by reposting them at all once (see ISO 78), etc.

I don't know if Vi is trying to policy lynch in disguise or what. She's calling Jdodge's lurking and Howard's apathy scumtells, neither of which I agree with being inherently scummy but I can dig a d1 eugenics lynch for the purpose of building a better town. (for you munchkins out there, no, I am not proposing a lynch on myself, because I'm not exactly lurking any more, am I?)

Overall Vi is producing lots of content, most of which I agree with, especially the current vote on professor catface meowmers. I'm a bit iffy on some of the specific scumtells she's going off of but in this game being above-average makes Vi a boat full of smiles in a sea of no content.

-------------------------------------------------------------

VP Baltar

VP also wins on the content clause. There is actual stuff come from him and I don't want to lynch him before D3 without a damn good reason (hint for izzy: 'the howard case is bad' is not a damn good reason).

I do agree that he's asking way too many questions without providing much content in the early stages, but I can understand why when it's with regards to the xd wagon. In particular, ISO 21 shows that VP doesn't have any particular anathema to providing content, so I'm wiling to accept the early questions-without-info barrage was largely circumstantial.

I will say, though, that he seems to be slipping back into the questions mode and I don't like it. But as I said before, busting the VP slot for not providing content would be pretty asinine right now. He knows what's going on, what needs to be done, and is working to get SOMEONE lynched. I'd like to see a few less question marks coming from you VP, but at least you have letters forming words preceding those question marks.

I realize this is going to look terribly hypocritical after that statement, but I do have a question for you, VP: how much of your desire to lynch howard is you thinking he's scum, and how much is just wanting to lynch an apathetic non-contributor early?

-------------------------------

Xdaamno

Oh goodness. Never before has so much been typed and so little said.

I think VP nailed it in one when he used the phrase 'pity party posts'. A lot of xd's posts are just complaints, defeatism, and generalized waffle. I'm inclined to stay the noose because I can see myself in those posts before being in a couple of grade-A towns knocked some sense into me. The fact that I'm applying this particular defense to someone with six times as many posts as me, though, is a little worrisome. Is it possible that xd is acting newbie or something here as a gambit? I mean when I have the lowest post count of all of the people in the game (as I do here), I'm not too happy with anyone calling newbie, and yet that's what makes the most sense here.

I like the later stuff a bit more. The HR wagon is by and large self-propelled so he doesn't get too many points for standing conspicuously on it but at least he's not doing as much 'you just don't understand my posts T.T' anymore.

But, major thing I don't like alarm bells alarm bells. I mention that I like Tajo trying to pick out town, then Poro posts a squiggly block that basicially amounts to 'hey town I don't care about this game' and xd responds with Wow, that seems like a really town post!. wat.

I guess maybe xd's heart is in the right place. I don't have a lot of specific bits besides that one that really make me think xd is scum, but if someone (cakye) can dredge though the whine and the WIFOM and find scum tells you'll find a willing audience to your xd case in me.

xd, if you're town, I want more posts like ISO 61 and less posts like ISO 65.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:29 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Final thoughts in delicious list form:
  • We are lynching Cat today
  • This means Howard gets the whole rest of the day to start giving a shit
  • And Izzy gets the whole day to actually try the whole 'substantiating opinions' thing
  • No lynching Vi or VP d2 because they could lurk the whole day and still be the content leaders
  • The rest of you are fair game
Vote: Cat
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:31 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

hitogoroshi wrote:My biggest problem is the revisited attack on xd. I think the accusation on him was weak but understandable the first go around, to bring it up again after a multiple-week gap is nothing short of criminal. I would appreciate a solid post from Cayke on why I, the consumer, should consider xd for my lynching needs. If you can't do that than please join one of the meatier wagons. I know you don't like being a follower but it's better than being an apathetic leader with a whole wagon to themselves.
As soon as the attacks stopped on daamno, he started to lurking a shit ton more, which i usually find scummy.
Xdaamno wrote:Thank you so much, man! Great posting, and quite easy to read, too. I found myself agreeing with, dare I say it, most of the points that you make there. I think I'll end up reviewing my HR case later today.
Cop out post.

@Paul in post 509: Thanks for the vote deary .__. You know I just love it. :roll:
BloodCovenent wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:Not to poison the well but IMO, scum are usually
more
I disagree, scum can lose more faster then a one or two town players.
I'm going to agree with Daamno here.

Scum can get cocky, lurk and do what ever, they are not the ones looking for scum. Their goal is to keep themselves off the radar as much as possible and a really cocky scum (imo) will try to lead the town.

And TAAAAAJO
where the fuck are you.

@hito *twitch* I'mma forgive the iso wall's of texts because they are a catchup right now.......
but please.
please
please pleaseplease PLEASE do not make every post a wall of text. I
will
stop reading them. They are obnoxious and a lot can be said with a lot less fluff and sparkles.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Vi »

hito: This is a (pleasant!) change from what I saw from you in previous games. What changed?

Return to “Completed Open Games”