Open 189~Trouble@Warren State Mental Hosp (Over)

Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:38 am

Post by Xdaamno »

-i planned to edit some real content in here, but cba. my feelings are that HR's posts feel manufactured lately, so i'm still comfortable with the wagon-

Now, however, the rest of this post is under strict waffle-warning, but it might still be an interesting read:
hito wrote:But, major thing I don't like alarm bells alarm bells. I mention that I like Tajo trying to pick out town, then Poro posts a squiggly block that basicially amounts to 'hey town I don't care about this game' and xd responds with Wow, that seems like a really town post!. wat.
Fair points, but you misunderstood me there. I didn't mean that post helped the town, I meant poro seems almost certainly town to me.

If you think I'm playing like a newbie, then, well, my ego takes a hit. I'm very adverse to long games, and so I don't play as well as scumchat or anything like that, but I consider myself a fair scumhunter. I'm also in the subset of people that will choose playstyles based on whether or not they're entertaining, and interrogations do not appeal to me in the slightest (plus they're almost always ineffective, IMO, since the person
knows they're being interrogated
. This is key.) Clearly I'm helping the town less than you, but making posts like yours would
kill
me. I'm one of those productivist freaks, and mafia is not 'productive' to me, it's only occasionally mildly interesting.

I'll end this by posing some food for thought: are scum more adverse to posting giant texts like these? Incognito mentioned in a recent thread that he finds it harder to post content as scum, which is something I share (ironically,) and I think hito-scum would be afraid of helping the town too strongly.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

hitogoroshi wrote:how much of your desire to lynch howard is you thinking he's scum, and how much is just wanting to lynch an apathetic non-contributor early?
I honestly believe he's scum, but if I ended up being wrong I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken.

I'm willing to come over and support the Cat wagon if we're actually going to lynch (because we've needed to just do it for about 5 pages now), but that's more of a consolation prize to me than anything.

The good news is that hito is at least playing the game and I don't think he should be lynched at this juncture, and that probably helps my decision making a great deal.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:40 am

Post by Xdaamno »

crywolf20084 wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:Thank you so much, man! Great posting, and quite easy to read, too. I found myself agreeing with, dare I say it, most of the points that you make there. I think I'll end up reviewing my HR case later today.
Cop out post.
From what? That wasn't meant as a response to any of his content, even though I did refer to it. I was short on time, so it was that or nothing, and I chose to encourage that kind of pro-town behaviour and perhaps buddy to hito slightly, so he would be less likely to attack me and more inclined to agree with me in future (a disreputeable but perfectly valid town play.)
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Xdaamno »

VP Baltar wrote:
hitogoroshi wrote:how much of your desire to lynch howard is you thinking he's scum, and how much is just wanting to lynch an apathetic non-contributor early?
I honestly believe he's scum, but if I ended up being wrong I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken.

I'm willing to come over and support the Cat wagon if we're actually going to lynch (because we've needed to just do it for about 5 pages now), but that's more of a consolation prize to me than anything.

The good news is that hito is at least playing the game and I don't think he should be lynched at this juncture, and that probably helps my decision making a great deal.
I agree with each line of this post, though I don't see why anyone would
suggest
hito should be lynched here. That's cynicism that I don't see much of from you (but was pervasive throughout hit's post, iirc.) Can't we all make an effort to enjoy this game, too, folks?
Cracking Idea Mafia
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm simply saying that since he replaced JDodge, who I would have gladly strung up for his dismal contributions and generally scummy behavior, hito has done enough that I wouldn't consider lynching him today.
YOUR AD HERE

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Xdaamno Post 525 wrote:I'll end this by posing some food for thought: are scum more adverse to posting giant texts like these? Incognito mentioned in a recent thread that he finds it harder to post content as scum, which is something I share (ironically,) and I think hito-scum would be afraid of helping the town too strongly.
I think it really depends on the player. Some scum can just pump out content others can't. I think the key is looking at the content itself. Is it good, do you agree stuff like that. I am in the group that Hito's posts have been pretty good and I find myself agreeing with a lot of his points. I don't see anything in the way of a red flag so I am less willing to lynch his slot now because of it.

As for Chaz and HR not caring about the game I wouldn't mind it if they went off and found their own replacements. I can understand Chaz's apathy a little more than HR's, if Saber's claim is truthful then he is just sitting around waiting to be night killed. But HR doesn't have any excuse IMO. It's not like he has been run up and no one is bothering to listen to him. I think it is a cop out from him.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

crywolf20084 523 wrote: As soon as the attacks stopped on daamno, he started to
lurking a shit ton more
, which i usually find scummy.
Post Counts wrote:
  • Vi = 94
  • VP = 82
  • XD = 74

• Saber+Otto+Por = 57
  • Cayke = 49
  • Izzy = 31
  • HR = 28
  • JD + Hito = 27
  • Tajo = 26
  • BC + hyl = 15
  • Cat = 12
  • Qooq + Sotty = 10
Vi 524 wrote:hito: This is a (pleasant!) change from what I saw from you in previous games. What changed?
It was playing Crossfire mostly. It's hard to appreciate how much it matters to be in a town where everyone knows what's going on. Admittedly my performance IN the game itself wasn't terribly stellar, but it really taught me a lot about how you need to lower your standards on what you call a good scum read, because at the end of the day someone needs to be lynched and if you don't like who's getting strung up then congratulations, you are a tree stump.

There's also been a bit of me picking around in MD to learn about things like policy lynching (which I like a lot more than I used to), what makes a good town, etc.
xd 525 wrote:interrogations do not appeal to me in the slightest (plus they're almost always ineffective, IMO, since the person knows they're being interrogated. This is key.)
As I said, I dislike barrages of pointed questions, so in that sense I agree with you. But there are a lot of suggestive, sneaky, flip-it-turnways methods to scumhunt - direct scumhunting is only the tip of the iceberg. Personally I never try to establish an adversarial relationship with anyone and keep my questions innocent sounding until a.) I want them lynched now (cat) or b.) they need to fix something or they will join a.) (HR, Izzy).
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:21 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

hitogoroshi wrote:
crywolf20084 523 wrote: As soon as the attacks stopped on daamno, he started to
lurking a shit ton more
, which i usually find scummy.
Post Counts wrote:
  • Vi = 94
  • VP = 82
  • XD = 74

• Saber+Otto+Por = 57
  • Cayke = 49
  • Izzy = 31
  • HR = 28
  • JD + Hito = 27
  • Tajo = 26
  • BC + hyl = 15
  • Cat = 12
  • Qooq + Sotty = 10
Look at where those posts come in.

There is often a lot of gaps between then and he starts double/triple/quadruple posting when he decides to post.

Xdaamno wrote:
crywolf20084 wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:Thank you so much, man! Great posting, and quite easy to read, too. I found myself agreeing with, dare I say it, most of the points that you make there. I think I'll end up reviewing my HR case later today.
Cop out post.
From what? That wasn't meant as a response to any of his content, even though I did refer to it. I was short on time, so it was that or nothing, and I chose to encourage that kind of pro-town behaviour and perhaps buddy to hito slightly, so he would be less likely to attack me and more inclined to agree with me in future (a disreputeable but perfectly valid town play.)
Vaild eh?

I don't think parroting and just agreeing is a town move.

But that could just be me, right?
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:28 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Oh I'm not saying that xd is being a super-helpful content guy with that high number of posts - there's a reason he didn't get content claused for d2. But if it's lurkers you want to go after, there are many better targets than xd, and the fact that your accusation of him lurking was apparently the sole response you could find to my request for
a solid post from Cayke on why I, the consumer, should consider xd for my lynching needs
is, to put it mildly, worrying.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Vi »

hitogoroshi 531 wrote:because at the end of the day someone needs to be lynched and if you don't like who's getting strung up then congratulations, you are a tree stump.
Almost correct. If you don't like who's getting strung up and you aren't outrightly arguing against their lynch (or for someone else's lynch), you are a tree stump.

I'm sold. I would still lynch JDodge in any game he played like that in (which I'm gathering is every game) but I'm not voting against a catch-up play like that.

Catwagon, go :arrow:
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Cayke can you list some bullet points for your case on Xd? I think there are much more valid wagons to be pushing right now (Cat and HR) and your posts sniping at Xd haven't moved me at all. I get the feeling you are spinning your wheels because you don't seem to be actively
pushing
him anywhere or to answer anything.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:34 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Heh looks like I got ninja'ed by Hito there.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:42 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

That's what happens when you're a college student on break, you have the free time to ninja people. To be honest I think I overdid the iso spectacular a bit there, there is no way in hell I will ever be able to post that much content in such short time when I've actually got classes. I am setting expectations I will never be able to meet again! (Until summer.)
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:52 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

VP Baltar wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:
VP Baltar wrote: That didn't answer my question at all. HOW are you determining whether it is coming from cocky town or cocky scum?
I wouldn't imagine scum would be so confident.

Also, under 'imagine' it looks pretty much like Izzy forgot about it being an open set up with only two scum. It's a townie action in my book, and I doubt scum would have played it off like that.
I didn't. Beltar did.
Let's address this now since discussion is actually happening. How exactly is this a scumtell in your book?
Please point out where I definitively called it a scumtell.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Why did you point it out?
Cat
Cat
Townie
Cat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Cat »

I'm sorry I haven't posted in forever, but I couldn't really find anything to make a stance on.

As for defending myself, two holiday breaks didn't really help my activity any, and I can't find anything to post upon.

My votes I can see why they look a little hoppy, but they have cut-and-dry reasons. I voted Xdaamno because I didn't have my vote anywhere else and he looked just generally scummy to me. I voted HowardRoark because he obviously denied JDodge's inactivity, which was just strange, weird, and untrue.

I'd love to have some questions directed at me so I may answer them. For now, if I have time, I'll do an ISOthon like all the replacements are doing so I can get back into the flow of this game.
Show
Meow.

[b]Officially the game-playing alt of skitzer.
skitzer is for modding and MishMash.
Khamisa is retired.[/b]
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Sotty7 wrote:Why did you point it out?
It needed to be noted.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:
VP Baltar wrote: That didn't answer my question at all. HOW are you determining whether it is coming from cocky town or cocky scum?

Also, under 'imagine' it looks pretty much like Izzy forgot about it being an open set up with only two scum. It's a townie action in my book, and I doubt scum would have played it off like that.
I didn't. Beltar did.
Let's address this now since discussion is actually happening. How exactly is this a scumtell in your book?
Please point out where I definitively called it a scumtell.
You're voting me....I'm operating under the assumption that you think I'm scum. I believe you referred to it as a slip rather than a scumtell, but moving beyond semantics, feel free to explain how it makes me more likely to be scum.
YOUR AD HERE

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by populartajo »

OH HAI ACTIVITY!!

IN REVENGE, I WOULD STOP POSTING HERE

UNTIL TOMORROW.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Vi »

ITT,
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

what are you talking about Vi

there's cat's catch up post

and tajo's catch up post

and HR and Cayke's posts on why we should lynch xd

and Izzy's post on why we should lynch vp

all of these posts are real and exist

On a less facetious note, I'm going to be leaving MN at ~7am CST on Friday, which means I should be in Nebraska ~4pm. I could potentially not post at all Friday depending on how I feel when I get back, but given this tempo no one will even notice. :/
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:52 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:

I didn't. Beltar did.
Then I guess it's town points for VP and not Izzy.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

BloodCovenent wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:

I didn't. Beltar did.
Then I guess it's town points for VP and not Izzy.
No no no....that's why Izzy is claiming I'm scum. Remember! Still waiting for her explanation.

In other news, I'll give Cat until the end of today to either make a very good post or request replacement. If I don't see that, I'm moving my vote there so we can move this game forward.
YOUR AD HERE

Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:19 am

Post by Xdaamno »

crywolf20084 wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
crywolf20084 wrote:
Cop out post.
Vaild eh?

I don't think parroting and just agreeing is a town move.

But that could just be me, right?
You just rephrased what I said in a way to make it sound damaging. What I did is exactly what I said. The way you use this tactic rather than actually addressing
why
it's not a town play is revealing.
Cracking Idea Mafia
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:36 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

VP, it would be a slip in a normal game, but not in this open game.

Return to “Completed Open Games”