Mafia 108 - Mafia With The Quickness - over!

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:34 am

Post by Haylen »

I think Zach is town because by now he would've mentioned how adement he is I'm town if he was scum :P
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Face it Haylen, I can read you like a book.

I am your worst nightmare. :P
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Maemuki »

I think we all are drowning on posts.

And good night.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Hey where's Bogre?

For someone who voted me for having relatively little to say, he hasn't had a lot to say in a while.

... I love playing with hypocrites.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Haylen »

I'm drowning in posts and in my own tears and sorrow :cry:

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Annachie »

Couple of nice mis-reps there, but If I'm not willing to be held accountable for the reason for my vote, then I shouldn't vote.
Voting with no reason, or for "Shites and giigles" is not helpful because there's nothing you can be held accountable for if you're wrong. I'm always suspicious of people who don't give reasons because there is one group who know they will appear wrong when someone flips town, and that is the scum.

I find it doubly worrying that when asked for the reasons, and said why I wanted them, there's no real answer. (At least to the point I'm up to)
I try not to sign things. It just encourages people.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #9 of Day 1

*Netopalis (4) <-~ Zachrulez, Ellibereth, Kmd4390, Glork
Zachrulez (2) <-~ Bogre, SaintKerrigan
Ellibereth (3) <-~ Gayle, Netopalis, camn

Not voting (4) <-~ Annachie, Netlava, Maemuki, Haylen

With 13 alive, 7 votes will do it.

Note:
an asterisk by a player's name indicates said player would be lynched if Day were to end right this moment without a lynch majority.

[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by Haylen »

Vote Netopolis
going back here.

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Annachie wrote:Couple of nice mis-reps there, but If I'm not willing to be held accountable for the reason for my vote, then I shouldn't vote.
Voting with no reason, or for "Shites and giigles" is not helpful because there's nothing you can be held accountable for if you're wrong. I'm always suspicious of people who don't give reasons because there is one group who know they will appear wrong when someone flips town, and that is the scum.

I find it doubly worrying that when asked for the reasons, and said why I wanted them, there's no real answer. (At least to the point I'm up to)
Hi. Who do you think is scum? Reasoning is not mandatory.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Ellibereth wrote:Camn, I was saying that if Neto is willing to vote for me because of the comic, why wasn't he willing to vote others for messing around too? He also accused me of having no original content. Methinks Gayle has less. My point was that he chose me over Gayle.
Townreads on Kmd+Mae are gut.

Neto's still scum.
Wow, what a misrepresentation. I wasn't voting you because of the comic, although it was the final nail in the coffin. I was voting you for your meaningless posts that parroted others, made it sound like you were giving content when you didn't and generally being unable to find anything really scummy to say about anybody. Also: Misrepresentation.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Netopalis wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:Camn, I was saying that if Neto is willing to vote for me because of the comic, why wasn't he willing to vote others for messing around too? He also accused me of having no original content. Methinks Gayle has less. My point was that he chose me over Gayle.
Townreads on Kmd+Mae are gut.

Neto's still scum.
Wow, what a misrepresentation. I wasn't voting you because of the comic, although it was the final nail in the coffin. I was voting you for your meaningless posts that parroted others, made it sound like you were giving content when you didn't and generally being unable to find anything really scummy to say about anybody. Also: Misrepresentation.
Your reasons seems to have changed:
Net wrote:The problem isn't just the comic, it's the combination of the comic, your basic assertions that "X is scum", "Y is town" etc, without backing up and your cryptic PBPA which really doesn't elaborate on anything other than whether each of my posts pushes me further towards town or scum.
Also, Show where I parroted someone.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Netopalis »

No, that's all the same thing. Compare the two. Nothing has really changed. The PBPA is a misrepresentation...The only real difference is that I forgot to mention in the above quote that your arguments are without reasoning. And yes, I will go back and get some parroting quotes...Expect a post in the next few moments with one.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ Zach: I don't like Netlava anymore. I like you better now, so my vote's gonna move back.

Unvote: Zachrulez. Vote: Netlava.

Haylen: Consider my issues with you not posting content resolved. :) By the way, if you want to see a game where I started out as town, just check my Wiki. That's what it's there for.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

The PBPA showed that you were full of noise.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

SaintKerrigan wrote:@ Zach: I don't like Netlava anymore. I like you better now, so my vote's gonna move back.

Haylen: Consider my issues with you not posting content resolved. :) By the way, if you want to see a game where I started out as town, just check my Wiki. That's what it's there for.
Hi Kerri. What do you think of Neto?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Ok, so, admittedly, I can't find a post that exemplifies it as much as I would like. My biggest problem is that your first post said that you suspected me and thought KMD and Mae were town. That appears to be based solely on the suspicions and beliefs expressed on the immediate prior two pages. You have yet to really explain why you suspect anybody, other than ill-defined attacks on me and the fact that you have yet to suspect anyone that nobody else has given strong suspicion to.

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Ellibereth wrote:
SaintKerrigan wrote:@ Zach: I don't like Netlava anymore. I like you better now, so my vote's gonna move back.

Hi Kerri. What do you think of Neto?
Off the top of my head...town. The arguments against him so far haven't gelled for me.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Something offtopic I want to make clear to Neto:
I'm not going after you because of our last game together. I have harbored no ill feelings toward you from that game, I actually kinda like you. I disagree with you about the way mafia should be played, but I hope you don't continue to think I have some sort of personal feud with you or something. kthx
FLASH OF GREEN
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Post-by-post on Ellibereth:

0) No content. Disagreement with my theory post, but little else.
1) No reasons. States a few suspicons and town reads, but does nothing to flesh those out.
2) Extremely weak post, given that he is in such a bad position to criticize me for contentless posts.
3) PBPA against me. Ignores the fact that the theory discussions were prompted, that the anti-Bogre-lynch post was a response to a weak post from Glork, calls most of the posts irrelevant and does this all without any explanation of why any of it is scummy.
4) States that "Don't like Neto" is more than enough justification for a vote. I disagree completely. If we were all to play like that, the game would never progress beyond a childish "YOU'RE SCUM!" "NUH-UH!" "YEAH, YOU ARE!" "NO, I'M NOT, YOU ARE!" "NO U!" "NO U!" "NO U!" "NO U!" Yeah. Not the best outcome. 5) Expands a bit, but 4 content posts is more than he has at this time, and probably more than a lot of other players in the game.
6) Fluff, but response to fluff.
7) Fluff, but response to fluff.
8) Questioning others trying to drive them towards me, despite having no real case. Basically starts a trend of stating a suspicion and asking others to explain why he suspects that person.
9) Reasonless vote. Does not follow other posts. (OMGUS?)
10) Sarcastic comment that makes no sense, given that Gayle's response was fairly meaningful.
11) No real content, question that's been answered before.
12) Fails to understand that we need to evaluate players as a whole and not just over their "last few posts". A comparison shows that Gayle's play is slightly better than Ellibereths, but Netlava's is worse. He'll hopefully be replaced, though.
13) States that a post is scummy without explaining why.
14) Statement of meta, fairly weak.
15) See above, but response to a question.
16) Questions others, trying to get them to flesh out his case agianst me rather than doing his own bloody work.
17) My mistake. Admitted.
18) States that his actions are based on "vibes". The "vibes" that I get say that Elibereth is scum. The only way to differentiate between two candidates for lynch is to provide reasons for wanting to lynch one or the other, which Ellibereth has not done.
19) Misrepresents my reasoning for voting for him.
20) Expresses a preference for suspicions without reasoning. (?!) Highly scummy.
21) Misrepresents my reasoning for voting for him.
22) Failed to show that. Even if it did, I think that my PBPA shows that his signal-to-noise ratio is even worse.
23) Questions others yet again, trying to get them to flesh out the same case that has, as of yet, never really been explained.

Ellibereth, I'm getting fed up. You're lazy, illogical and anti-town. Either post some reasons for going after me so heavily or drop the case entirely.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Didn't see Ellibereth's last post: Good, I'm glad to hear that it's nothing personal. I would like to know why you are attacking me, though.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Haylen »

Could be cause he thinks you're scum. *shrugs*

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Yes, Haylen. I know that he thinks I'm scum. He's made that abundantly clear. It's so astonishingly clear that the American Waterological Society has decided to create a new color to describe the color of glass and water, since they're simply just not as clear as Ellibereth's feeling that I am scummy.

What I don't know is
WHY
he thinks that.

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Ok. We both know we have a very fundamental disagreement about this game. I think it's perfectly acceptable to declare someone scum or town without stated reasoning and based on gut. You obviously don't. I don't want to argue with you about this here, but I'll be happy to talk about it in MD in the future.

Second of all, you do realize I'm not the only one that thinks your scum right? It's clear though that others have gotten scummy feelings from you. And before you say that they've given reasoning, you've declared all the reasons against you as crap.
Why am I criticizing you about your contentless posts? It's because of your stated philosophy. If you're so against it, why do you do it?
FLASH OF GREEN
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Haylen »

Wouldn't it be Hydralogical Society?

Carry on...unless anyone has questions for me.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Netopalis »

I don't feel that the posts have been contentless. I may have misinterpreted KMD's original question about my random vote. However, the following theory posts were only in response to direct questions - failing to answer direct questions is anti-town. Yes, I've made a few joke posts here and there, but overall, I've done my absolute best to try to provide as much content as possible.

As for other arguments against me, Glork really hasn't provided much of anything in the way of reasoning. KMD's posts are questionable at best. Zach and Haylen haven't really explained that well why they're voting for me either. If someone wants to give me a concrete reason for why they suspect me, I'd be more than happy - indeed, overjoyed and jubilant - to respond, but I can't respond to such nebulous attacks as "dont like net."

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”