Mafia 108 - Mafia With The Quickness - over!

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:33 am

Post by Haylen »

Computer? Yeh, i saw that.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:33 am

Post by Haylen »

And Haylen has succeeded in stopping the mod getting a top post again. Ha!

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:53 am

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #15 of Day 1

*Netopalis (3) <-~ Zachrulez, Ellibereth, Haylen
Zachrulez (3) <-~ Bogre, Kmd4390, SaintKerrigan
Ellibereth (2) <-~ Netopalis, camn
Maemuki (1) <-~ Netlava
Netlava (1) <-~ Maemuki

Not voting (3) <-~ Gayle, Annachie, Glork

With 13 alive, 7 votes will do it.

Note:
an asterisk by a player's name indicates said player would be lynched if Day were to end right this moment without a lynch majority.

[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Netlava »

Haylen's emphasis on how inattentive she is to the thread is scummy.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Netopalis »

Hey, folks...Sorry about the extended absence. I crashed after my 8-hour drive yesterday and am just now getting awake again.
Kmd4390 wrote:Neto, have you seen a commuter in a game before? Had you heard of the role before this game?
I've not played in a game with one in it before, no. I had heard of it before, though, in the MD discussion of what constitutes a normal setup. Obviously, I've been paying attention to that and going over roles in the Wiki in preparation for modding my mini normal in a few months.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Haylen »

Netlava wrote:Haylen's emphasis on how inattentive she is to the thread is scummy.
And my ass is a city.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Netopalis »

Idea:

One thing that I've been trying to figure out is why exactly I was attacked so strongly right from the get-go, mostly for the following statement:
Vote: Maemuki

No reason, really. Don't bother bandwagoning.
Rather innocuous, really, if you look at it. However, it's been turned into a mountain by primarily three players: KMD, Ellibereth and Glork. If you look at their posts, there's an interesting interplay between them that, to me, suggests a scumteam.

It starts pre-game, with Ellibereth mentioning that I'm most likely susceptible to attacks based on my theoretical discussions - I was drawn into theory discussions in our previous game too, and he probably thought that it would make me an easy target.

However, she also probably thought that it would look suspicious if he started the attack, so he planned to hold off on posting while KMD and Glork start building a case on me.

In the first few pages, we see an interesting set of posts in which Glork and KMD pass me back and forth like a ball. KMD attacks me for posting about theory, while Glork tries to correct my theoretical positions. Obviously, most players will fall on one of two sides, making it an extremely strong attack. Glork also votes KMD in there for a bit, just to make sure that they're distanced enough. He never really follows up on this suspicion strongly, which is odd, considering that it merited a vote.

Enter Ellibereth, attacking me for weak reasons and not really substantiating his case. When I attack Ellibereth for poor play and scumminess in return, Glork responds by comparing him favorably to another famous player (BabyJesus) and protecting him, implying that we'll need to lynch me in order to determine if Ellibereth is an idiot savant or just an idiot.

Then, enter the claim discussion. Glork, Ellibereth and KMD ask me to claim for weak, unspecified reasons and push for my lynch. They are hoping that either A) I will out myself as a power role or B) I will actually be a vanilla townie and will be mislynched without any information coming into play, leaving a clueless and frustrated town for the next day.

Brilliant plan, really, except for the fact that nobody beyond the initial five seems to be following it. I am convinced that at least 2 of Glork, Ellibereth and KMD are scum - most strongly Ellibereth and Glork, but KMD is a close third.

Zach is, interestingly enough, somewhat interchangable for KMD in this discussion. If there are 4 scum amongst us, he is probably the fourth (Although that would be incredibly overpowered, IMHO, and I don't think it's likely).

That's my going theory right now. I think it's a pretty good one.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:25 am

Post by Glork »

Yep, the three people attacking you are most likely to be scum together. Brilliant theory.

I know this is OMGUSy, but your triple-threat of OMGUS (with the added Zachrulez OMGUS alternate) actually makes me want to put my vote back ON you.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Netopalis wrote:Hey, folks...Sorry about the extended absence. I crashed after my 8-hour drive yesterday and am just now getting awake again.
Hope you're okay man.
Anyway, your idea is complete BS. Moar votes on Neto please.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:57 am

Post by Netopalis »

OMGUS only applies if there is no reason to suspect the people attacking you. I have good reasons for suspecting each of you. Why did you each start attacking me from practically your first post? It seems rather suspicious to me.

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:58 am

Post by Glork »

EBWOP: Also, I have no idea why you keep trying to accuse me of dumping on your "no bandwagoning" theory.

FIRST of all, I stated in my initial post that it was a side-rant and that I didn't want to get into a distracting discussion. It's not my fault that you insist on trying to have the last word in any debate you get into.

Secondly, I never attacked your abhorrence to bandwagoning. All I wanted to point out was that whether we use RVS or RQS or Random Anything Else, it has little impact on whether a town wins the game. I also attacked your predisposition against Elli, because you assumed he held over some slight from another game and because you were advocating his lynch based on a difference in playstyles.

Thirdly, if you'd bother to think for just a few minutes, I doubt you'd be flatly stating that the points against you are weak/bull. The questions I asked you about Elli and the previous games were because I wanted to see if your countersuspicion of Elli was genuine or not. I asked you about his behavior in past games, and whether it was fruitful. I understand that you as a player percieve Elli's playstyle to be more disruptive than helpful, but I wanted to see if you legitimately thought that he was scummy for it, or if you were using playstyle as a tool/excuse to vote for him.

Fourthly, yeah, I sometimes have a tendency to attack people without letting them know why I suspect them right off the bat. I've found that players' actions and words tend to be more revealing when they are put in an uncomfortable situation. I don't always do this, and I won't do it throughout the course of the game, but that's exactly what I did to you. You seemed to have this near-obsession with making sure that every post and every word was distinctly beneficial to the town, so I took the exact opposite approach to rile you up a little bit and see how you respond.

And what did I see? Well what I see right now is that you seem to have a problem with anybody who disagrees with you, whether you think it's due to differences in theory, differences in playstyle, or other suspicion of scumminess. A few months ago, I would have ranted and raved for your lynch, no-questions-asked, but I actually just got finished with a game in which Ortolan did the same thing (everyone who suspected/disagreed with him was scum, everyone who agreed with him was protown), and he turned out to be protown. Eventually, I came around to the right conclusion but the combination of his loudness/forcefullness and his tendency to OMGUS people was a major contributing factor to the town's loss.

Bottom line, I haven't decided if you are scum yet or not. But what I have decided is, at this point, your play has been more disruptive to the game than just about everyone else's.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Gayle »

Netopalis wrote:[The allegations against me are ridiculous and the people we attacked me are scum.]
If I recall correctly, you were initially attacked because you random voted and critisized the bandwagon. When you were asked about the latter, you said that you dislike random voting. When it was pointed out that your vote on Maemuki was random, you claimed that you random voted because it was of no use fighting the RVS. You also stated that you would have unvoted Maemuki if a bandwagon formed. But why do the random vote in the first place, when you believe it contributes to false positives?

My point being that not all the attacks against you were completely unwarranted. That quote in your post was just the beginning. You can't seriously believe that you have done nothing worth being attacked over so far.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:12 am

Post by Netopalis »

Glork: I disagree strongly. You have admitted intentionally hiding your motives for voting, have cast votes for no reason and have generally tried to be disruptive, IMHO. However, if you had made that post a lot earlier...I probably would have felt differently about things. I don't feel that all attacks on me are unwarranted, however I do feel that for every good reason for my lynch there is a player to lynch who is a worse offender.

Gayle: I did it because the game had to start somewhere. Yes, it leads to false positives, but it also leads to people starting to discuss.

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:28 am

Post by Ellibereth »

neto wrote:I don't feel that all attacks on me are unwarranted,
Orly?
I've been attacked for 95% of this game for absolutely nothing
For the record, I still think that you are all *morons* for your reasoning behind these accusations.
As for other arguments against me, Glork really hasn't provided much of anything in the way of reasoning. KMD's posts are questionable at best. Zach and Haylen haven't really explained that well why they're voting for me either.
Yeah, but I'm at L-2 for crap reasons. That is not enough to substantiate a request for claim.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Glork »

Huh.

Vote: Netopalis
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Netopalis »

Ellibereth: Reread
Glork: Making my point

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Glork »

Netopalis wrote:Glork: Making my point
Not really. It should be pretty obvious to anybody with a shred of common sense that my post was in reaction to Elli's post.

But hey, if you want to nitpick and argue semantics, I can add that to the list of reasons to lynch you.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Maemuki »

I do realize that Net won't be lynched today. Shame.

I'm going to politely ignore your vote as much as you are ignoring mine.

Also Neto's theory is bullshit. Let me think about it for a second.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Neto wrote:Ellibereth: Reread
When?
Mae wrote:I do realize that Net won't be lynched today.
Why?
FLASH OF GREEN
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Maemuki »

*looks at the neto bandwagon* because of that, maybe.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Gayle »

Tomorrow is deadline. Netopalis has the most votes anyway, so you will get your way if you just wait. There is no reason to lynch today.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Maemuki wrote:*looks at the neto bandwagon* because of that, maybe.
Incog wrote: Note: an asterisk by a player's name indicates said player would be lynched if Day were to end right this moment without a lynch majority.
That, or you can help us lynch scum now by voting for him.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Maemuki »

Gayle wrote:Tomorrow is deadline. Netopalis has the most votes anyway, so you will get your way if you just wait. There is no reason to lynch today.
Please tellme that I wasn't the only one to find gayle's post weird.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Haylen »

Dont worry, you werent.

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Gayle wrote:Tomorrow is deadline. Netopalis has the most votes anyway, so you will get your way if you just wait. There is no reason to lynch today.
Scum with Neto ^^^

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”