Mini 891 - British Comedy Mafia (Game Over)

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by Budja »

@BC, you got a case on me?

Case on Locke is meta/lurking.
Case on you is a couple of pages back. Feel free to self-vote :P.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Budja wrote:@BC, you got a case on me?

Case on Locke is meta/lurking.
Case on you is a couple of pages back. Feel free to self-vote :P.
Yup.

And I couldn't find the case on me, mind refreshing my memory?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:55 pm

Post by ortolan »

Eighteenth vote count

kikuchiyo replaces Locke Lamora

Budja (4): Josh Lyman, Fuzzyman, Snow_Bunny, DeathSauce
Josh Lyman (1): danakillsu
Locke Lamora (1): imaginality
Snow_Bunny (2): MacavityLock, Budja
Netopalis (2): Chinaman, BloodCovenent

Not voting (2): kikuchiyo, Netopalis

7 to lynch.

MacavityLock (444) wrote:
@mod,
prods for Locke Lamora and danakillsu?
As of this post Locke has been replaced, prodding danakillsu again

Netopalis (478) wrote:Mod: Prods on Imaginality and Lyman, please?
prodding

Extending deadline for the final time, unalterably, until Wednesday the 13th, 10pm, AEST time, due to the replacement and players inactive over the weekend (deadline will stand regardless of any issues with replacements).

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:56 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Netopalis wrote:Sure there is. I think China is lying about his claim.
First, if you think he's lying, why then ask for the partner? And second, that doesn't change the point that asking a mason to out his partner is scummy.
Budja wrote:Eh, a snow bunny lynch isn't bad but I have nothing on her save a little gut.

BC, Locke and Fuzzy (his attack on China was scummy) are better IMO.

unvote, vote Snow
, I would gladly switch to lynch the above if anyone is interested.
If you have nothing on me save a little gut, how can you say my lynching isn't bad? In conclusion, you are fine lynching someone for the sake of it. Right, scum? You say that you prefer to lynch scum than die, then, self-hammer :P.

Net is also there with Budja. Net is bussing Budja, but that won't help. I love games where scum is so blatantly obvious! Now, please, die scums.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:57 am

Post by imaginality »

Apologies for my AWOL, holiday craziness and travel, I have time to get properly stuck into this game again as of tomorrow.

For now:
Snow_Bunny wrote:First, if you think he's lying, why then ask for the partner?
That is a terrible question.

I think Budja is town, but with him claiming vanilla, I will vote him before deadline if it's that or no-lynch. However I would prefer a Snow_Bunny lynch.

Unvote; vote Snow_Bunny.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Netopalis »

First, if you think he's lying, why then ask for the partner?.

Do I *really* need to spell this out? I think he doesn't have a partner and that the fact that he is partnerless would be exposed if he was forced to give us a name.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

It's also a great scum tactic Net. the more informative power roles out there that scum know, the better for them, the worse for town.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Netopalis »

*shrugs* I play to catch the scum, not to convince others that I'm town.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Hello. I notice the deadline right off and shouldn't have a problem being caught up in time to participate. I will try and start tonight, but should certainly have time this weekend. Nice to see a few familiar faces. :)
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

o_o

Hello?
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:52 pm

Post by Budja »

Nice.

@Net, can you be convinced to join this new wagon?

@kikuchiyo, welcome!
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:02 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

imaginality wrote:Apologies for my AWOL, holiday craziness and travel, I have time to get properly stuck into this game again as of tomorrow.

For now:
Snow_Bunny wrote:First, if you think he's lying, why then ask for the partner?
That is a terrible question.

I think Budja is town, but with him claiming vanilla, I will vote him before deadline if it's that or no-lynch. However I would prefer a Snow_Bunny lynch.

Unvote; vote Snow_Bunny.
So... You want to lynch me based on a supposedly terrible question?

If you think Budja is town, then why not pursue somebody else? What are your thoughts on Net? On Fuzzy?

DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Hey all, sorry, but the snow wiped out my satellite link out here in the boonies. Will catch up tonight
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

DeathSauce wrote:Hey all, sorry, but the snow wiped out my satellite link out here in the boonies. Will catch up tonight
Wasn't me!

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:54 am

Post by ortolan »

Nineteenth vote count

Budja (4): Josh Lyman, Fuzzyman, Snow_Bunny, DeathSauce
Snow_Bunny (3): MacavityLock, Budja, imaginality
Netopalis (2): Chinaman, BloodCovenent
Josh Lyman (1): danakillsu

Not voting (2): kikuchiyo, Netopalis

7 to lynch.

Just a reminder that the deadline is still set for Wednesday the 13th, 10pm, AEST time (95 hours from this post) - this will not be extended under any circumstances.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:34 am

Post by imaginality »

Oh my. I just reread from page 10.

Wow, dana's play has been bad. As has BC's. Either of them would be good stump targets tonight. I don't think there's been enough discussion on dana to make it worth lynching her today, but BC maybe. Among other things, BC's two-scum slip is interesting. As is his enthusiastic echoing what he thought was Fuzzy's condemnation of Net's 438. All in all, there's been a reasonable amount of questionable play from BC.

Straw poll:
who here would be interested in a BC lynch today?

*puts hand up*

In other news, Net is fairly clearly town, and the arguments he's had with others (the ones where I think he's had the wrong side of it) seem to be mostly tactical ones. Asking for Chinaman's partner is fine, since he didn't believe Chinaman's claim. If the majority of us didn't believe the claim then Chinaman should reveal his partner.

Also, the way Chinaman offered himself up as a target for JL makes me believe the mason claim. Mason is one of the few town power roles that wouldn't lose much from being treestumped, since they can still speak to confirm their partner when required. So I can see why Chinaman might have thought it good to offer himself as a target (even though I think JL should just aim for scum).

I think it's best for JL to probably use his power tonight. With a few fairly obvtown players, the chances of targeting scum are reasonable. And I think the power is unlikely enough in scum hands that it at least semi-confirms him as town (or if not, possibly SK more likely than scum), which puts scum in a quandry about whether to use their kill on him in future nights now that he's vanilla or try to target other town PRs.

@SnowBunny: your question wasn't the sole reason for my voting you, though part of my intention for not spelling out my reasons was to see how you'd react. I like your response to my post. I still think you're more likely scum than Budja though, but less so than before.

At this stage I'm fairly happy with my town read on Net. Fuzzy I'm pretty neutral on. Maybe I'll iso him after this post.

My current position: I'd switch to a BC wagon if there's enough interest that we can get a lynch. Otherwise I will stick with Snow_Bunny but willing to hammer Budja at deadline if it's that or no-lynch.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:49 am

Post by Budja »

imag wrote:My current position: I'd switch to a BC wagon if there's enough interest that we can get a lynch. Otherwise I will stick with Snow_Bunny but willing to hammer Budja at deadline if it's that or no-lynch.
^This.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:31 am

Post by DeathSauce »

imaginality wrote: Also, the way Chinaman offered himself up as a target for JL makes me believe the mason claim. Mason is one of the few town power roles that wouldn't lose much from being treestumped, since they can still speak to confirm their partner when required. So I can see why Chinaman might have thought it good to offer himself as a target (even though I think JL should just aim for scum).
This hadn't occurred to me, makes a lot of sense.

OK, I still think Budja's repeated opportunism is scummy as hell, it's a solid scum-tell. However, imaginality brings up the BC "two-scum" slip, which I was putting off until the next day when it looked like we were heading for a Budja lynch.

I'll raise my hand for a BC lynch if I can't convince the rest of you that Budja is scum.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Netopalis »

I would be willing to support a BC lynch, reasons to be posted later today. They have to do with the discussion over Lyman's ability, though, and I need to go back and reread that section very carefully.

While I agree that Budja has been rather opportunistic, and while yes, he was an excellent lynch candidate before the claim, I feel that his posts after the claim are enough to push him further into the town category.

Snow_bunny is someone to look at in future days. While she has been extremely scummy, we haven't discussed enough and it won't give us enough information tomorrow. We can debate her positions at dawn and see where they take us.

Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:45 am

Post by Chinaman »

JL, mac and dana are all posting so poorly it hurts. I would rather lynch one of them at this point than some of the active players.

I still don't like Net's posts about my claim. I think the whole push was scummy. I also want to say that pushing for me to reveal my partner while my partner is obviously still in play is a little awkward to me. why not just ask for my partner to reveal themselves? I like imag's p515 overall, but the part about Net is in my mind just off. I do not think requesting me to reveal my partner is at all a town play whether he believed me or not. Like I said in a previous post, the whole push for my lynch would have never actually ended in my lynch, only the revealing of my partner. As for the BC push that is going on, could someone point me to what posts of his are so scummy? I'm looking back and I have to say I agree with most of his posts. It may be why you all felt I was scummy, but I'm just not seeing the scumminess. As for SB, I'm feeling the same way about her as I do BC currently. Just not seeing the scumminess. I've played with her before and her style of play is a null tell at best and shouldn't be considered as a reason for her lynch.

I find it odd the JL has disappeared once the heat was off him. I also think dana's seemingly active lurking is worrisome. Mac has also not joined in the convo once people realized trying to lynch me was dumb. I want more from these folks before we finalize a lynch for today.
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:51 am

Post by Netopalis »

Dana is being replaced, JL has been prodded and will be replaced. Points about BC coming up, but to make a long story short, he does what Budja was doing, but more extremely and less obviously.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Netopalis »

During the whole Lyman's role thing, I notice BC still pushing for Lyman's lynch, despite the fact that he seemingly believes the claim. I also find his attacks during this period to be utterly silly. He attacks me for stating that there would be a roleflip, then attacks Imaginality for answering why I might know that because he supposedly "spoon fed" me an answer. Rather ridiculous claims, really, given that Lyman had stated that the player would be dead but still able to post.

Interestingly enough, he asks the following question: "Would His PR make sense as a scum role?" which I took to be a rhetorical statement that it wouldn't make sense as a scumrole. However, he responds to my post about this as follows:
"No that's not what I said. I asked if it made sense as a scum role. This is Coney Island, of course it could make sense as a scum role. "

Strange response, isn't it? It seems to me as if he is trying to get other people to figure out why he doesn't like a particular role or player, then get them to make his case for him, while he takes the credit. Classic scum move.

A few posts later, he asks me why I felt that a stumping scum would unbalance the game, but puts it in spoiler tags because he feels that it would look too much like rolefishing. This does two things for him: It lets him say, "I didn't actually expect him to answer! I put it in spoiler tags!" and it also shows that he is actively thinking about how to make himself *look* the most pro-town.

He's also tunneling later against Budja, a target who is ridiculously easy to attack. This alone is not a scumtell, but the ferocity which he attacks Budja to the exclusion of all others is. He even telegraphs this a few posts earlier, when he realizes that Lyman isn't going to get lynched. His goal here is to cause a mislynch with as little information going to the town as possible.

Also note how eager he is to hop on his misread of Fuzzyman's post - he really wants me lynched, despite the fact that he's never really given a good reason why. Is this just to shut me up? Does he feel threatened by my posts? He makes a definitive statement that "Net dies tommorrow", seemingly deciding it for the town without hearing from anybody else.

All in all, BC is extremely scummy, and his play makes no sense as town. There is practically no town justification for most of his actions, and I feel confident that we have caught scum.

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:11 am

Post by imaginality »

Chinaman wrote:I like imag's p515 overall, but the part about Net is in my mind just off. I do not think requesting me to reveal my partner is at all a town play whether he believed me or not.
Like I said in a previous post, the whole push for my lynch would have never actually ended in my lynch, only the revealing of my partner.
That last sentence is only true if you are town, which Net didn't buy. So if he felt for example there was only maybe a, who knows, 20% chance of you being town and outing your partner, and an 80% chance of you being scum and forced to name a scumbuddy (or be refuted if you named a townie), then it was pro-town (from his perspective of you being probable scum) to want you to name your partner.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:31 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Hey Net, how many members do you think are on the scum team?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Netopalis »

3. Just my guess, though, since it's the normal number on Minis. However, I'm not really attacking you for the perceived slip-up.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”