Mafia 107 - Christmas Time Mafia (Game over)

CCARaven4
CCARaven4
Townie
CCARaven4
Townie
Townie

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by CCARaven4 »

ready2rock wrote:Also, while you're here CCARaven, perhaps you can address what I pointed out in post 745 concerning your posts 82 and 153.
Here's my answers to 745 sentence by sentence.
ready2rock, post 745 wrote:CCARaven4: Lurking.
Major lurking. Ever since I assembled my Richard post, I've tried to be more active, I think I've posted more in the last three days than the first two weeks combined.
Has posted ZERO original content in the thread.
I'm trying to find some original content. I wasn't initially going to post about Parama's analysis on DragonsofSummer, because I didn't have anything original to say about it, and I'm trying to cut the crap out of my posts where I say what everyone else says. I definitely took it a little too far with my far-fetched Richard post, but I'm trying.
I also don’t like how in his post 82, he said that his reasoning for TheLonging wasn’t enough to act on, yet after a wagon had formed on TheLonging, he said that he would have voted for him for the exact same reasoning as post 82 if it wasn’t for his claim, saying that he would have been “completely confident in a hammer” (153).
In my 153, I sited 82 as my main reason for my vote that I didn't end up casting. The 82 post was really not anything that I should have used to make a case with, it was just something odd I had noticed. When Bogre called me out as to why I didn't hammer him, I answered with
CCARaven4 wrote:If you're a town power role, you would claim Vanilla Townie so that the Mafia doesn't target you at night.

If you're actually Vanilla Townie, it would be stupid to claim anything but that, if you claim power role, Mafia will kill you, and if you claim Mafia, you shouldn't be playing.

And finally, if you're Mafia, again, you would claim Vanilla Townie because if you claim any power role, people are going to want to know the results of your power role as soon as you use it.

Going back to when I decided against dropping the hammer on TheLonging, I hadn't thought it all the way through, and if I could go back, I would have voted and hammered him. There was so much good evidence against him, and the claim really shouldn't have changed my thinking at all, but I let it rattle me. I didn't want to be that guy that hammers a townie, but there was so much more evidence for him to be mafia than town.
The claim is what did it for me, but as I said in this post, it really shouldn't have at all.

I hope this answers all your questions, let me know if you have any others. I really don't feel that I answered the last part very well, my head is just swimming right now, I think I'm getting sick :/
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

Though I think the sudden semi-wagon on DoS is a little strange, I do agree with you.

The only thing I can add is that he faith in my "scuminess" hasn't wavered at all. Even other people who believed I was scum have began to reevaluate. I'm actually very grateful for this. Maybe we'll lynch scum on Day 1 instead of "settling" for a townie.

Also, I've had suspicions of DoS for a while. I believe I made a post a day or two ago saying that we need to watch him.

So, I'm going to
vote Dragonsofsummer
, at the risk of being seen as a bandwagoner. >.>
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by diddin »

Parama brings up many good points about DoS in his recent post, but I'll wait to vote until he defends himself. I'll give him until Monday.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by diddin »

EBWOP: Not liking the "I don't like the DoS wagon, but what the hell, I'll hop on anyways!" post from sora.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

CCARaven4
CCARaven4
Townie
CCARaven4
Townie
Townie

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by CCARaven4 »

diddin wrote:EBWOP: Not liking the "I don't like the DoS wagon, but what the hell, I'll hop on anyways!" post from sora.
I feel that a lot of people are very tired with how long D1 has been, and are quite willing to jump on any wagon that comes along. I don't blame him, I'm getting tired of it too, but I still think that we need to wait until someone really jumps out at us.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

diddin wrote:EBWOP: Not liking the "I don't like the DoS wagon, but what the hell, I'll hop on anyways!" post from sora.
He said he found it a little strange, not that he didn't like it. Honestly, why would someone who has at least one completed game say "I don't like this wagon but I'll hop on it anyways!"? They wouldn't.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by TheLonging »

He said "I find this DoS wagon strange, but maybe he's scum, and I provided my own reason for joining it along with Parama's post, so I'll climb on."

Also don't wait until he posts content for you to post content durr, post content NOW. This is partly why people were suspicious of you to start with.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

I almost didn't vote for him because I knew it'd look like a bandwagon. That's one of the problems of one person stating so much information. However, I did try to add at least one piece of information, and a few pages ago, I started to begin to become suspicious of him. I believe I said we need to "watch him." I don't have time to quote myself right now, but I have had suspicions of him for a few days, at least.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:33 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Fine lynch me. For anyone who might care to look back at it later, Parama is my 4th on that list. I am very tired of all the ridiculous scum tells that everyone is writing off to newbie play in this game, and I would rather be lynched to give people some perspective than replaced with someone else at this point.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Post by Tarballs »

17th Vote Count of Day 1

4 - DragonsofSummer
(Parama, RichardGHP, TheLonging, sorasgoof)
3 - sorasgoof
(DragonsofSummer, pman5595, Nicodemus)
3 - diddin
(Fugitive, curiouskarmadog, Flareonage)
2 - pman5595
(Bogre, ready2rock)
2 - NavyCherub
(DizzyIzzyB13, Konowa)
1 - CCARaven4
(InflatablePie)

5 - Not voting
(Annachie, NavyCherub, CCARaven4, CryMeARiver, diddin)

With 20 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch.
Deadline for this day is January 21st, 2010.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:47 pm

Post by Bogre »

ready2rock wrote:I'll wait to hear from DoS before I vote for him, but that is a very convincing case you made against him Parama. If he wants to not be lynched today, then he is going to have to have a really solid defense. I didn't like his play from the beginning, but I didn't think that he should be lynched today because he wasn't going to convince anyone in the town to do anything anyway. But, when you put it that way, I guess that any scum is good for day 1.

The only reason I am not voting for him is because I want to hear from him before we rush into a lynch.
2 things: what does "I didn't think that he should be lynched today because he wasn't going to convince anyone in the town to do anything anyways." I don't like the willingness to be content with a noncontributive townie- something a scum would be content with. And this suggests that you thought other scummy people were -going- to convince the town to do things, but...why do you feel that way? What do you think they'd convince the town to do?

Next: Why do you think he'd be rushed into a lynch? Do you see Parama's case on him as ironclad? We have a significant time to deadline, and you are hesistant?
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:50 pm

Post by Bogre »

pman5595 wrote:I agree, Parama, DoS has been acting extremely scummy. The problem with lynching him is that his lynch would give no information. If we lynch sorasgoof, besides him probably being scum, there is a whole ton of information that comes with. Even if DoS is scum, tomorrow we will have a repeat of day 1, next to no information to go on.
....why would his lynch give no information?

...what do you think will come of sorasgoof's lynch? Since you are expecting information to come from it, please list A) information gained if he is scum and B) information gathered if he is town.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Post by Bogre »

Oh: I also dislike Pman's: I agree, but we shouldn't lynch him.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Post by Bogre »

TheLonging wrote:
He said "I find this DoS wagon strange, but maybe he's scum, and I provided my own reason for joining it along with Parama's post, so I'll climb on."
I get the same read from Diddin's post as TL.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:07 am

Post by Bogre »

Comments on the DoS thing tomorrow prob.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:35 am

Post by Parama »

DragonsofSummer wrote:Fine lynch me. For anyone who might care to look back at it later, Parama is my 4th on that list. I am very tired of all the ridiculous scum tells that everyone is writing off to newbie play in this game, and I would rather be lynched to give people some perspective than replaced with someone else at this point.
Nice AtE there. OMGUS comment about me being scum. I'm not writing off any scum tells to newbie play in my case against you, by the way- how could I? You obviously aren't willing to provide a defense for why we shouldn't lynch you, and you'd be okay with your own lynch? .-. Might as well string up DoS, I don't see how he can't be scum.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:53 am

Post by pman5595 »

Bogre wrote:
pman5595 wrote:I agree, Parama, DoS has been acting extremely scummy. The problem with lynching him is that his lynch would give no information. If we lynch sorasgoof, besides him probably being scum, there is a whole ton of information that comes with. Even if DoS is scum, tomorrow we will have a repeat of day 1, next to no information to go on.
....why would his lynch give no information?
If we lynched him right now, there would be next to none because he didn't discuss his suspicions enough. If we lynched him in like 5 days, it would give us information, yes.
Bogre wrote:...what do you think will come of sorasgoof's lynch? Since you are expecting information to come from it, please list A) information gained if he is scum and B) information gathered if he is town.
It's mostly about Richard.
A) I'm more likely to believe Richard's claim and think he is town
B) I'm more likely to think Richard is scum. We could also gather information from the people on his wagon, because it has been a long wagon, with lots of unvoting, etc. I realize that that would bring me to suspicion, but I truly believe soras is scum.

However, DoS's Appeal to emotion almost turned my vote to him. If he does another scummy thing, I probably will vote.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:56 am

Post by sorasgoof »

DragonsofSummer wrote:Fine lynch me. For anyone who might care to look back at it later, Parama is my 4th on that list. I am very tired of all the ridiculous scum tells that everyone is writing off to newbie play in this game, and I would rather be lynched to give people some perspective than replaced with someone else at this point.
You're getting pretty testy, considering you only have four votes on you at this point.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:12 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

DragonsofSummer wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:I thought the Jack could only be PT? I've never heard of a Pro-Mafia Jack.
This post screams "Oh shit I've been caught" to me by the way. Its way too nervous.
unvote vote RichardGHP
Love this post...completely agree with it
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:32 am

Post by TheLonging »

So why do you not vote for him?
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:52 am

Post by RichardGHP »

CryMeARiver wrote:
DragonsofSummer wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:I thought the Jack could only be PT? I've never heard of a Pro-Mafia Jack.
This post screams "Oh shit I've been caught" to me by the way. Its way too nervous.
unvote vote RichardGHP
If that was really what was going through my mind, do you REALLY think I would've posted it? REALLY?
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:53 am

Post by pman5595 »

RichardGHP wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote:
DragonsofSummer wrote:
unvote vote RichardGHP
If that was really what was going through my mind, do you REALLY think I would've posted it? REALLY?
WIFOM
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:12 am

Post by RichardGHP »

pman5595 wrote:WIFOM
No; it's a valid answer for, if I do say so myself, a rather stupid remark by DoS. Honestly, posting that in the context he suggested indicates a death wish.

With the first post quoted, I wasn't referring to MY role, rather Jacks in general and whether they can actually be pro-mafia. I'd never heard of such a Jack, and I posted accordingly.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by diddin »

RichardGHP wrote:
pman5595 wrote:WIFOM
No; it's a valid answer for, if I do say so myself, a rather stupid remark by DoS. Honestly, posting that in the context he suggested indicates a death wish.

With the first post quoted, I wasn't referring to MY role, rather Jacks in general and whether they can actually be pro-mafia. I'd never heard of such a Jack, and I posted accordingly.
In other words, noobclaim. Research a role before you claim it.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

diddin wrote:
In other words, noobclaim. Research a role before you claim it.
*headdesk/facepalm*

For your information, I actually did research the JoaT after the varying alignment thing was brought up, and I only found him in the "Protagonistic" section.

I for one am sick and tired of people saying I'm noobclaiming when I'm not.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”