Open 193 - Friends and Enemies: It's over!

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Vi »

Votecount as of this post:

Vi(2): Ojanen, Scien
SerialClergyman(1): PorkchopExpress
Albert B. Rampage(1): SerialClergyman
Sando(2): Debonair Danny DiPietro, Vi
Scien(3): Amished, VP Baltar, charlatan
VP Baltar(1): Albert B. Rampage
PorkchopExpress(1): Sando
Ojanen(1): Zorblag

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.

Ojanen 121 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Ojanen 115 wrote:The Scien/Vi argument looked boring on the surface. Felt generally a little weary of mafia.
Good choice of words.
Why? What did you try to communicate with this comment?
Frustration, ingame and otherwise. Feel free to ignore me when I get like this.
Ojanen 121 wrote:
Vi 51 wrote:I find it dubious that you apparently consider PorkchopExpress a wagon when you put the third vote on me.
I didn't get this line, specifically the thought connection before and after when. What did you mean?
Scien 49 wrote:So... do you always put the L-# on your votes Vi? Seems to take pressure off when you are early on
a wagon... like now
Observe Scien calling my lonely vote on PorkchopExpress a wagon. Now consider that Scien put a third vote on me for "DIE VI-SCUM".
Also, thanks for using my post reference system :D

---

While I suppose I deserved the condescending response from Sando, it falls in line with the previously-seen active lurking.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

VP Baltar wrote:I expect from people who I respect as players and are experienced. If I see variances from that, expect me to call him/her on it.
Am I the best scumhunter alive? Yes. Do I suffer fools like you? No.

Unvote

In the interest of preserving the masons identity, I'm issuing a warning against calling the team, like what VP Baitar is doing. Rather than looking for connections between players, it's much more advantageous to look for individual scumminess to base our votes on.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Ojanen wrote:That reads as a little strange, VP, with the standard of play generalization rhetorics.
VP wrote:I don't believe I've seen ABR so touchy before.
This does imply meta, and I'd find it useful if you answered more specifically from where it comes.
That comment does not speak to something that would be meta exclusive to ABR, nor was it drawn from a specific point in any single game. My playing experience with ABR is limited, but from my memory I don't recall him being so personally reactive in various games I have read him in.

Outlandish? Sure. Antagonistic? Definitely. Flustered into pushing his RVS vote as serious after a flippant call for his lynch... not so much.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

This is a MUCH more fun wagon than the Scien<->Vi touchy-fest.

Wagon ho!

Vote VP Baltar
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

A one vote wagon?
YOUR AD HERE

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:21 pm

Ah what the hell.

Vote VPB
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:28 pm

Post by PorkchopExpress »

Zorblag wrote:
@PorkchopExpress, others have asked in other ways but I'll do so as well. Why the interest in input from Debonair Danny DiPietro and Albert B. Rampage in particular about the Scien/Vi dynamic?
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
PorkchopExpress wrote:I'd like to hear from DDD and ABR on the Scien/Vi exchange.
Why those two and not the troll?
They were the players who came to mind when I was thinking of who hasn't posted about it yet. Evidently Zorblag isn't as memorable as I'd have expected. :P
Ojanen wrote: I'm actually interested in Porkchop.
Since he didn't provide it despite obvious prodding from Vi, I'll explicitly request his stance on Scien/Vi.
Sure. I think Vi is making a bit of a mountain out of a molehill and that Scien's L-# point isn't leading anywhere. It looks to me that they are engaging in similar tactics (slightly exaggerating stances on issues to generate content). Not getting any scummy vibes from either of them yet.
Sando wrote:
Porkchop, Zorblag's RVS vote is an example of a random vote on someone because of confirmations, he just votes the first person alphabetically that hasn't confirmed yet. Your vote had reasoning, you left nothing up to chance, you went through and found a reason to vote someone, and while it may not have been serious, it wasn't random. Making out that it was random when it wasn't, worries me.

Unvote, Vote: Porkchopexpress
Yeah, you're making a few incorrect assumptions here. I am interested to know what makes you worry about this though.

@VP and Zorblag: Do you think ABR is hiding behind the masons to indirectly address VP's(your) accusations?
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:03 pm

Post by Sando »

Vi wrote:While I suppose I deserved the condescending response from Sando, it falls in line with the previously-seen active lurking.
Is that your response to my request for reasoning on your vote? Are you accusing me of active lurking and that's why you voted me?

Porkchopexpress, it worries me because I do not believe it was random. You may claim that my assumptions are incorrect, but I cannot see how the vote and the reasoning can possibly be arrived at randomly.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:05 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Vi 125 wrote:Also, thanks for using my post reference system :D
That's the second time you've used a tangential positive tone regards to something I did...who are you and what did you do to Vi :shock:
VPB 123 wrote:Everyone plays differently, of course, but there is a certain standard of play I expect from people who I respect as players and are experienced. If I see variances from that, expect me to call him/her on it.
Coming back to the strange snippet. So would you call ABR's play bad here; if yes, why?
VPB 127 wrote:My playing experience with ABR is limited, but from my memory I don't recall him being so personally reactive in various games I have read him in.
No, seriously, surely there's some memory trail of the
various
games you've read him in, some fuzzy idea what those might have been (you don't need to dig up links or anything, just gimme some names).
Porkchop Express 131 wrote:Sure. I think Vi is making a bit of a mountain out of a molehill and that Scien's L-# point isn't leading anywhere. It looks to me that they are engaging in similar tactics (slightly exaggerating stances on issues to generate content). Not getting any scummy vibes from either of them yet.

Why are you interested in getting stances on something you find apparently boring as well?
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Post by PorkchopExpress »

@Ojanen: Because someone could always see something I've missed/overlooked/whatever. Also, getting people to comment on things can be revealing regardless if I'm certain of an issues scumminess or not.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:42 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Porkchop, what were the incorrect assumptions Sando had regards to your first vote?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:51 pm

Hey guys, unrelated but important question: if you were a horde race in world of warcraft, which one would you be? Orc, Tauren, Troll, Undead, Goblin, Elf, Dragon, Ogre? Please answer!
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:59 pm

Post by Sando »

Dragon? Ogre?

Blood Elf - Hawt.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:00 am

Yeah I hate making useless posts so just pick one lol

You taking blood elf Sando?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:06 am

Post by Sando »

Is this to play, or one of those silly 'if I were actually
in
WoW'?

To play - Undead
To be - BE (lol I made a funny)

Porkchop, can you please explain how voting for someone for not yet to confirm, like your vote on Serial, is
random
. Note the emphasis on random.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:08 am

Ya if you were a character in WoW what would your race be. I'm writing a short story and I have 11 characters who are based on your personalities.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:08 am

Oh and for Zorblag, jungle troll or forest troll?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Oj wrote:So would you call ABR's play bad here; if yes, why?
I think it was reactionary, which is suspicious because it points out a sensitivity to being called scum.
Oj wrote:No, seriously, surely there's some memory trail of the various games you've read him in, some fuzzy idea what those might have been (you don't need to dig up links or anything, just gimme some names).
Off the top of my head, I remember reading him as town in Incognito's Chosen game and some open with Jahudo. Most recently though (Quick and Dirty, The Amish Village) he's been scum.
PCE wrote:@VP and Zorblag: Do you think ABR is hiding behind the masons to indirectly address VP's(your) accusations?
I don't think it's worth bringing discussioni about the masons into at this point.
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:02 am

Post by Vi »

Sando 132 wrote:
Vi wrote:While I suppose I deserved the condescending response from Sando, it falls in line with the previously-seen active lurking.
Is that your response to my request for reasoning on your vote? Are you accusing me of active lurking and that's why you voted me?

Porkchopexpress, it worries me because I do not believe it was random. You may claim that my assumptions are incorrect, but I cannot see how the vote and the reasoning can possibly be arrived at randomly.
First paragraph: Yes.
Second paragraph: Considering that was the premise of my random vote 100 posts ago, I don't disagree... however, it looks like you're scavenging my point in an attempt to look like you have some purpose for being in this thread.

--
Ojanen 133 wrote:That's the second time you've used a tangential positive tone regards to something I did...who are you and what did you do to Vi :shock:
I don't -like- being frustrated with people, and I'm kind of worried that you consider it to be my default personality...
ABR 138 wrote:Hey guys, unrelated but important question: if you were a horde race in world of warcraft, which one would you be? Orc, Tauren, Troll, Undead, Goblin, Elf, Dragon, Ogre? Please answer!
I've no experience with WoW. I'll come back to this after I look some things up.
ABR 138 wrote:Yeah I hate making useless posts
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:15 am

Post by charlatan »

Zorblag wrote: @Charlatan, why the irreverence? I don't find it that out of place but it's not particularly the start I expect from you.
Actually, you've answered your own question here, to an extent, but still I'd like to turn this one around on you a bit: what do you hope to gain by asking me that? Do you think I'm just in a more "irreverent" mood, or do you suppose it's intentional? If it's intentional, will you get an honest or useful answer to that question?
VP Baltar wrote:My playing experience with ABR is limited, but from my memory I don't recall him being so personally reactive in various games I have read him in.
ABR making a joke about cocaine/your ass does not strike me as particularly out of the norm, for what it's worth.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Hey guys, unrelated but important question: if you were a horde race in world of warcraft, which one would you be? Orc, Tauren, Troll, Undead, Goblin, Elf, Dragon, Ogre? Please answer!
Undead.
SerialClergyman wrote:This is a MUCH more fun wagon than the Scien<->Vi touchy-fest.

Wagon ho!
Is the previous wagon being 'less fun' the reason you haven't really been here, or are you just busy or something? Also, assuming this wagon is actually more fun (and I think they're about even in terms of funitude) then is it more likely to result in us catching scum than the previous?
Sando wrote:Porkchopexpress, it worries me because I do not believe it was random. You may claim that my assumptions are incorrect, but I cannot see how the vote and the reasoning can possibly be arrived at randomly.
So Sando came in the middle of discussions about Vi and Scien and pound signs with votes and some other things and dropped this post about Porkchop, and that made me take pause. Because it seemed like the sort of thing where maybe you're trying to go out of your way to generate content in regards to a mostly untouched player. Because it looks so pro-town! And such a small thing to pick on. But the fact that Porkchop can't seem to make it go away makes the whole line of questioning worthwhile.
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Sando »

No, I commented on the Vi/Scien thing, I just didn't think it warrented a vote. You didn't notice the whole 'condescending' thing between me and Vi?

And a 'mostly untouched player' would basically be anyone other than Vi/Scien/ABR/VPB, so that seems like a pretty broad catagory.

Vi, accusing someone of active lurking on page 5 is utterly ludicrous. This seems like you've just come up with something that sounds good but requires literally no evidence (which you haven't provided), just to make yourself look town. Want to tell me where I've been lurking?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Vi »

Sando 145 wrote:Vi, accusing someone of active lurking on page 5 is utterly ludicrous. This seems like you've just come up with something that sounds good but requires literally no evidence (which you haven't provided), just to make yourself look town. Want to tell me where I've been lurking?
"All the way up until now" sounds good.

Isolated post #4: Useless spam.
Isolated post #5: Vaguely related comment to the Vi-Scien ordeal while pushing onto something completely unrelated (see charlatan's post) and unoriginal in an attempt to look like you're doing something.
Isolated post #6: Blustering reaction against an honest question of mine to attempt to make me look bad.
Isolated post #7: See #5.

At least ABR, SerialClergyman, etc. aren't trying to put up the pretense that they're interested in scumhunting. Your attempts to participate look entirely superficial.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Charlatan wrote:ABR making a joke about cocaine/your ass does not strike me as particularly out of the norm, for what it's worth.
It wasn't that. My ass can be the center point of multi-page discussion for all I care. I was more focusing on why he would transition from an RVS vote on me to legitimately accusing me of being scum after I said he was such. Could be a mountain out of a molehill, but it's early game.

re: WoW discussion-I dunno anything about it. You can make me whatever is left over.
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Vi »

VP Baltar 147 wrote:My ass can be the center point of multi-page discussion for all I care.
And so we have our next GD topic.
(It worked for elvis_knits)

VP Baltar, what do you think of what I'm saying about Mr. Sandoman?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Sando »

So in asking for how I'm lurking, you decide to post a rundown of my posts... That was clever of you, well done, quite useful, I'm sure.

Return to “Completed Open Games”