Newbie 892 - The Future of Magic. Game Over! Mafia Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
cdubs
cdubs
Townie
cdubs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by cdubs »

Okay, so I'm going to re-explain some stuff in further detail. I am extermely computer illiterate. I actually had a friend who is familiar with forum mafia explain to me how to bold things. I have no experience with forums of any kind whatsoever. When I logged on, I saw the first page and did not realize there were other pages. Yes this means I posted without having read the whole thread because I did not know the rest of the thread was there, and as a result posted an rv well past the rv stage.

Onto the lurker voting thing. Yos2, I fully agree with you that it is important to get rid of lurkers. I completely buy that towns lose when they let lurkers live. However I do not think several days into the game is early enough to establish the some one will lurk for the entirity of the game. I have no people voting against some one who is lurking, however I feel that to do so in the first few days of the game would be premature.

That being said, my vote for tracker is not omgus. Though I am pointing out old and very discussed things, just because its old or discussed does not make it irrelevant. Though it is true that tracker never specifically voted based on lurking, he did suggest voting against people who had not posted yet. I feel he was waiting to see how discussion of this went before he cast a bandwagon vote. Yes I understand getting rid of lurkers is necessary but to suggest doing so very early in the game does seem scummy. Then when pressured for it, tracker said he doesn't like policy lynching when he was previously endorsing. He said it should only be done when there are no better options, yet to suggest we get "rid of them" so early is by no means a situation where there are no better options. Forgive me if my harping on this point is obnoxious, but I feel as though people feel it has been resolved when I do not think it has. I think tracker is scum. I repeat this is not an omgus vote. I truly feel he was hoping to allow conversation for a quick and easy vote that would allow him to vote guilt free, and since he got heat for that the things he's been saying seem very scummy.
cdubs
cdubs
Townie
cdubs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by cdubs »

Okay, so I'm going to re-explain some stuff in further detail. I am extermely computer illiterate. I actually had a friend who is familiar with forum mafia explain to me how to bold things. I have no experience with forums of any kind whatsoever. When I logged on, I saw the first page and did not realize there were other pages. Yes this means I posted without having read the whole thread because I did not know the rest of the thread was there, and as a result posted an rv well past the rv stage.

Onto the lurker voting thing. Yos2, I fully agree with you that it is important to get rid of lurkers. I completely buy that towns lose when they let lurkers live. However I do not think several days into the game is early enough to establish the some one will lurk for the entirity of the game. I have no people voting against some one who is lurking, however I feel that to do so in the first few days of the game would be premature.

That being said, my vote for tracker is not omgus. Though I am pointing out old and very discussed things, just because its old or discussed does not make it irrelevant. Though it is true that tracker never specifically voted based on lurking, he did suggest voting against people who had not posted yet. I feel he was waiting to see how discussion of this went before he cast a bandwagon vote. Yes I understand getting rid of lurkers is necessary but to suggest doing so very early in the game does seem scummy. Then when pressured for it, tracker said he doesn't like policy lynching when he was previously endorsing. He said it should only be done when there are no better options, yet to suggest we get "rid of them" so early is by no means a situation where there are no better options. Forgive me if my harping on this point is obnoxious, but I feel as though people feel it has been resolved when I do not think it has. I think tracker is scum. I repeat this is not an omgus vote. I truly feel he was hoping to allow conversation for a quick and easy vote that would allow him to vote guilt free, and since he got heat for that the things he's been saying seem very scummy.
cdubs
cdubs
Townie
cdubs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:44 pm

Post by cdubs »

sorry for the double post
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:46 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Quadruple post including 202.
don't you feel silly now?
cdubs
cdubs
Townie
cdubs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:55 pm

Post by cdubs »

oh wow I didn't realize the original posted three times. Ya computers and I are not friends.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:58 am

Post by The Tracker »

cdubs wrote: Though it is true that tracker never specifically voted based on lurking, he did suggest voting against people who had not posted yet. I feel he was waiting to see how discussion of this went before he cast a bandwagon vote.
But no, there's no way in Hell it could be that I tend to withhold my vote until I'm sure about something. I don't vote a lot, and when I do I rarely change it more than once or twice. But this is all meta stuff you wouldn't know yet, so moving on...
Yes I understand getting rid of lurkers is necessary but to suggest doing so very early in the game does seem scummy. Then when pressured for it, tracker said he doesn't like policy lynching when he was previously endorsing. He said it should only be done when there are no better options, yet to suggest we get "rid of them" so early is by no means a situation where there are no better options. Forgive me if my harping on this point is obnoxious, but I feel as though people feel it has been resolved when I do not think it has.
You're generalizing what I'm saying. I said our best choice was to get rid of them, yes. HOWEVER, I was not trying to steer a vote by saying that. Your reasoning is flawed, good sir.

I think tracker is scum.
This is just wrong.
I repeat this is not an omgus vote. I truly feel he was hoping to allow conversation for a quick and easy vote that would allow him to vote guilt free, and since he got heat for that the things he's been saying seem very scummy.
First, it can't be an OMGUS vote because I never directly attacked you. And votes on D1 are never 'quick and easy.' I am looking for conversation so I know who to vote for, yes, but that's what everyone does. Saying me doing it as a scumtell is asinine.

Final verdict: sorry dubs, but you're putting words in my mouth an awful lot. Your conjectures are wrong, your reasoning is ridiculously flawed, and half the stuff you're shooting at me I have previously refuted. For that I will follow through with what I said.

vote: cdubs
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:48 am

Post by Doctor »

The way cdubs is attacking tracker almost relentlessly despite being called on it, and already claiming he is scum so early is a bit scummy to me, its just while most of us have only speculated and suspect tracker, he seems to be saying that tracker is scum, and has posted no opinions on anyone else really it seems.

Tunnel Vision, which feels really scummy because we townies dont know whos who, and I know I'm finding it hard to choose someone to stick on, but here he is coming in and just sticking to tracker without deviation.

Vote: Cdubs
Would you like a Jelly Baby?
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Jackabomb »

Good Night! Did you really do that? You sir, have earned yourself a significant fos, no matter how cdubs flips. Did I specifically say:"I'm not voting FTL yet"? Didn't I say that when I voted cdubs? Yes, I did.

In case you don't know why I'm angry, I'll tell you.

That vote you just cast....

Was the ===[ ]
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:08 am

Post by Doctor »

Unvote
OH crap, I SERIOUSLY didnt not realize mine was the 4th vote.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:12 am

Post by Haylen »

Sorry sweetie, Mafia games don't work like that. Once a majority is reached Day ends regardless of if somebody unvoted after the hammering vote.
Last edited by Haylen on Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:13 am

Post by Jackabomb »

It wasn't. It was the fifth. It's too late anyway. The hammer was already cast.

Dimaba, this is looking even more familiar now, eh?....talk about daja vu.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:48 am

Post by Haylen »

The Beginning of the End Vote count

The Tracker: RayFrost, cdubs
cdubs: LordChronos, Jackabomb, Yosarian2, The Tracker, Doctor
Dimaba: easjo682

Not voting: Dimaba

Deadline is 26th January 2010, 9pm England time.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Lots of Love,
Hayl

Banding together, you all try to work out who is the scum responsible for the deaths of your friends and families. As this was the first time you had tried to come to a logical conclusion about something as serious as this, on your own without your parents, you were a little bit too...enthusiastic.

You grab cdubs and forcibly drag him over to the river, where you hold his head under, drowning him was the intent.

'Wait! I didn't mean it!' Doctor calls out from the crowd. 'It was an accident, I didn't know my vote would lynch him! Stop! Please! I take it back, I unvote!'

You all look at each other before one of you pipes up with 'Sorry, but the votes are final. He dies, now.'

Doctor just stood there looking downcast. He couldn't bare to watch cdubs flailing in the river, as life slowly left him.

You watch as cdub's corpse is pulled from the water.

'Uhh...what was the spell again?' One of you asked, sheepishly.

'Oh, let me.' One of the older amongst you said, stepping forward and waving your wand over cdubs body.

A green light shone over cdubs body, showing you what you didn't want to see...

You lynched cdubs, he was
a Vanilla Townie.

Night will finish at 9pm on Tuesday 12th January, English time. Scum may now talk in the quicktopics. Night Actions will be forgone if I have not received them by 9pm on Tuesday.
Last edited by Haylen on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Haylen »

You arise from your beds after a good nights sleep, well for some of you anyway. Climbing out of bed, you get dressed and make your way out to the riverside. As expected, you find another body in the river.

It had been long dead.

It's clear who the victim is anyway.

Jackabomb - Vanilla Townie - NK'd Night 1

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Haylen »

The First Vote Count of Day 2

Not Voting: LordChronos; easjo682; The Tracker; Doctor; Dimaba; RayFrost; Yosarian2

Deadline is Tuesday 2nd February, at 9pm England time. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Good luck! ^.^

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:58 am

Post by RayFrost »

Vote: Doctor

I
really
didn't like that hammer.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Techncally, it was The Tracker who hammered, but since the Doctor didn't realize that the Tracker had already hammered, it comes out the same, motivation wise.

Tracker and Doctor: Why did you hammer? I agree that Cdub was scummy, but that seemed really sudden to me. Was there a reason you didn't try to get a claim first? It's just lucky he wasn't a power role.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Oh, both had intend...

unvote, vote: tracker

FoS: doctor
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by LordChronos »

Okay, first off, I agree with RayFrost and Yosarian that Doctor should not have hammered. However, Yosarian, Tracker did not hammer. His was the L-1 vote.

For right now, given what just happened, I think I will abstain from voting until I get an answer from Doctor about why he hammered.
I'm a talking computer.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by easjo682 »

I agree the hammer came to early. And we do need to hear about why doctor hammered. Me i think hes genuine in his mistake. Though hearing from him will help us sort out if it is or isn't. On the chance that his post rings the nasty bells of scum i will place down a vote. What do people think of what happened over the night thought, just as a question. Now that we're in the day?
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by LordChronos »

easjo682 wrote:I agree the hammer came to early. And we do need to hear about why doctor hammered. Me i think hes genuine in his mistake. Though hearing from him will help us sort out if it is or isn't. On the chance that his post rings the nasty bells of scum i will place down a vote. What do people think of what happened over the night thought, just as a question. Now that we're in the day?
Generally, I believe that it is kind of pointless to get into a why was the nightkill made discussion. It is very much a WIFOM situation.
I'm a talking computer.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by easjo682 »

okay didn't realize, i thought it might catch out the scum.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by The Tracker »

I did not hammer, however. I merely put him at L-1, albeit mistakenly. If I had double checked like I should have, I probably wouldn't have voted.

As for Doctor, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Yes, he hammered a Townie but he probably just didn't count. I have an eye on him, but that's about all at this point.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ah, I believe you are correct, tracker, my mistake.

I would like to hear who both you and Doctor are suspicious of right now.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

LordChronos wrote: Generally, I believe that it is kind of pointless to get into a why was the nightkill made discussion. It is very much a WIFOM situation.
Eh. It shouldn't be ignored completely; often, scum do kill a person because they think he was a significant threat to them. But it's tricky, and there is a lot of WIFOM involved; people who bring up nightkills sometimes get attacked on the theory that it was an elaborate scum frame-up job.
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by Doctor »

Yes I fucked up, I did not realize he was a l-1 hell i thought he only had two votes Chronos and Tracker, I skimmed page 8 and didn't see any bold double checked the vote count and, voted merely to try to get him to quit focusing on one person. I had absoloulty no intention of lynching.

As you see I tried to unvote thinking i was the 4th vote, and i tried to explainmyself before hand but the thread had been locked. I would however like to apologize for my mistake.

Thats my case for myself take it or leave it, though i feel its futile.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”