Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:22 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

My interpretation of them is that they helped defend Phoebus, though admittedly it's hard to tell given your restriction.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:24 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

My interpretation of them is that they helped defend Phoebus, though admittedly it's hard to tell given your restriction.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:31 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:32 pm

Post by MeMe »

We need to get a move on if we’re going to get any place before Ygg goes.

Since CoolBot would have trouble claiming on his own but seems to be allowed to quote whatever he wants PLUS three words, I’m gonna try to help him do this as quickly as possible.

All of the following is to aid CoolBot in making a complete claim…just quote what you need.

I started with 3 points
I started with 4 points
I started with 5 points
I started with 6 points
I started with 7 points
I started with 8 points
I started with 9 points
I started with 10 points
I started with 11 points
I started with 12 points
I started with 13 points
I started with 14 points
I started with 15 points
I started with a number of points lower than listed
I started with a number of points higher than listed

On night 1
On day 1
On night 2
On day 2
On night 3
On day 3
On night 4
On day 4

I bought doctor
I bought cop
I bought night-kill immunity
I bought bodyguard
I bought vigilante
I bought roleblocker
I bought ability cop
I bought nightwatch
I bought double vote
I bought back-up cop
I bought back-up doctor
I bought one-shot vigilante

I targeted CoolBot
I targeted MeMe
I targeted Mr Stoofer
I targeted mlaker
I targeted Nai
I targeted Phoebus
I targeted Someone
I targeted SpeedyKQ
I targeted Stewie
I targeted Thesp
I targeted TradaPIB
I targeted Yggdrasil

I earned one point
I earned two points
I earned three points
I earned four points
I earned five points
I earned six points
I earned more points than listed

I took a one-point disability
I took a two-point disability
I took a three-point disability

I have zero points left
I have one point left
I have two points left
I have three points left
I have four points left
I have five points left
I have six points left
I have seven points left
I have eight points left
I have nine points left
I have more points left than listed
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:03 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Here's some more helpful quotations

I want MeMe to claim next
I want Ygg to claim next
I want Stewie to claim next
You guys decide who to claim next

Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:31 pm

Post by Stewie »

MeMe wrote:Another thing we need to clear up is what happened with Nai. He was mafia and he was taken out overnight. If a vigilante didn't do it (and I think we can safely rule out the possibility of Thesp here), that means we
definitely
have an SK. Basically, if Nai's (and/or Thesp's) death was the work of a vig, please 'fess up so we have that to factor in to our decision today.
I agree with you in that Thesp probably didn't do it (if I had to guess, Thesp was ability cop) but what about Speedy? We gotta take this in consideration because if we think there's a sk when there's not, then we are screwed.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:33 pm

Post by Stewie »

MeMe wrote:Another thing we need to clear up is what happened with Nai. He was mafia and he was taken out overnight. If a vigilante didn't do it (and I think we can safely rule out the possibility of Thesp here), that means we
definitely
have an SK. Basically, if Nai's (and/or Thesp's) death was the work of a vig, please 'fess up so we have that to factor in to our decision today.
I agree with you in that Thesp probably didn't do it (if I had to guess, Thesp was ability cop) but what about Speedy? We gotta take this in consideration because if we think there's a sk when there's not, then we are screwed.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:08 pm

Post by MeMe »

Well, that
is
a possibility if he started out with 10 points.

What we know about Speedy through his death scene is that he had "Immunity to Most Night Kills" (9 points) so if he also purchased one-shot vigilante, he spent a total of 14 points (that we know of). We know he was awarded two points for "balancing the game" on Day 1 and that he took a two-point disability on day 2.

And, to explain, I ruled out Thesp as a Nai-killing vig because he believed that the Nai's death was the work of an SK...if he'd been a vigilante who was responsible, he'd not have argued that.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:18 pm

Post by CoolBot »

MeMe wrote:I started with 3 points
MeMe wrote:I bought nightwatch
MeMe wrote:I have two points left
Yggdrasil wrote:I want MeMe to claim next
Not claiming targets.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:46 pm

Post by MeMe »

Where'd you get the extra points? I mean, I know you've got a disability (and not just because you're behaving as though you do...but because Crola confirmed its existence when he slapped Phoebus down in the thread by telling him you'd not violated it) ...but you've never said how much you earned for it and how long you're stuck with it.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:05 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Three point restriction.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:13 pm

Post by MeMe »

Started with three...took a three-point restriction...spent five.

Which leaves one.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:15 pm

Post by MeMe »

Question: why'd you take a three-point restriction when two would've been enough?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:43 am

Post by CoolBot »

Wanted another ability.
MeMe wrote:Which leaves one.
armix wrote:Be voting for a member of the opposing team when they are lynched (+1)
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:08 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Posting in case CoolBot wants to say something else.

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:10 am

Post by MeMe »

"Which leaves one" was in reference to the fact that you earned one more than necessary. When I realized my meaning wasn't clear, I followed up with the question.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not quite sure how/if to claim in light of CoolBot's refusal to share his targets (which I think is crucial information for making the correct decision today). There are certainly things
I'd
rather hold back...but at this juncture I believe all cards on the table is the only way to go. Since CoolBot was the first to call for a mass claim today, I think he should have to give a full one.

I'll give Ygg and/or Stewie time to chime in and say whether they want more from CoolBot before claiming.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:26 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Well, it all depends on whether we think he's lying about having the nightwatch ability. If he claims targets first, we can check if he's lying. If he claims targets last, we can check whether others are lying about their ability.

Right now, I think nightwatch is an ability that the scum and SK would want to buy (to determine power roles), so I don't think he would be scum lying about having the nightwatch role. In my opinion, he's either pro-town or scum/SK with the nightwatch role. So, I'll let him hold off on the claim. To be fair, MeMe and Stewie should have the option of holding back results if they feel that the town would benefit from revealing them later.

Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:34 am

Post by Stewie »

Frankly, I don't understand why Coolbot even wants to keep the information to himself. Scum can just say they left their houses the nights they left their houses, and town would not lie. However, if he claims targets then we have a chance of checking if he's scum or not. Him not wanting to release targets leads me to believe he targeted one of us and wants to catch us in a lie. Scum know when they left their houses, and therefore can claim accordingly, but Coolbot doesn't really know when we targetted someone unless he's telling the truth.

If he had something like abilty cop, then I'd say it's ok to klet him hold the information, but I see no reason for him to hold the information with the nightwatch role.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:35 am

Post by Stewie »

Frankly, I don't understand why Coolbot even wants to keep the information to himself. Scum can just say they left their houses the nights they left their houses, and town would not lie. However, if he claims targets then we have a chance of checking if he's scum or not. Him not wanting to release targets leads me to believe he targeted one of us and wants to catch us in a lie. Scum know when they left their houses, and therefore can claim accordingly, but Coolbot doesn't really know when we targetted someone unless he's telling the truth.

If he had something like abilty cop, then I'd say it's ok to klet him hold the information, but I see no reason for him to hold the information with the nightwatch role.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:36 am

Post by Stewie »

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:12 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

I agree that scum can easily get out of a lie if we hold off on CoolBot's claim, but that's the point. If CoolBot waits to reveal his results, the scum/SK don't know whether they were targeted or not, so they will give a truthful answer. However, if CoolBot reveals now, the scum/SK will know whether he/she can get away with a lie.

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:57 am

Post by MeMe »

You're forgetting that CoolBot may, himself, be mafia or SK. If he is, holding back on his "investigations" allows him to agree with/contradict whatever actions are claimed, depending on his motives. He doesn't have to be lying about the role he's holding to lie about the results.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:49 pm

Post by CoolBot »

MeMe Night 3
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:01 pm

Post by Stewie »

Yggdrasil wrote:I agree that scum can easily get out of a lie if we hold off on CoolBot's claim, but that's the point. If CoolBot waits to reveal his results, the scum/SK don't know whether they were targeted or not, so they will give a truthful answer. However, if CoolBot reveals now, the scum/SK will know whether he/she can get away with a lie.
And how does scum telling us the truth about this help us? Scum can just say that they left their home, but for something else, such as investigation if they claim cop. We won't know the difference, and we'll learn nothing from this. However, if coolbot tells us his choices, then we learn a lot. In one scenario, we can learn that he was in fact telling the truth. On the other, if he says that X left his/her house night Y, and X says it's not true, we know that X and/or Coolbot are lying. We get a lot more out of a full claim than a partial one at this moment.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:32 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Blocked Night 4

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”