Newbie 892 - The Future of Magic. Game Over! Mafia Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:12 pm

Post by LordChronos »

Doctor wrote:Yes I fucked up, I did not realize he was a l-1 hell i thought he only had two votes Chronos and Tracker, I skimmed page 8 and didn't see any bold double checked the vote count and, voted merely to try to get him to quit focusing on one person. I had absoloulty no intention of lynching.

As you see I tried to unvote thinking i was the 4th vote, and i tried to explainmyself before hand but the thread had been locked. I would however like to apologize for my mistake.

Thats my case for myself take it or leave it, though i feel its futile.
Can you explain why you didn't read the page the thread was on before voting? (Which contained another vote, made an hour before your post, so it will be difficult for you to say you missed it while you wrote your post) Can you explain why you didn't notice the
three
lines of bold on page 8, including Yosarian's vote and a FoS from you? If you had no intention of lynching cdubs, why did you vote for him when you
knew
there were at least two votes on him? I really don't think you should put some at L-2 if you have no intention of lynching them.

Plus, how is a vote on him that in your mind L-2 (but actually isn't) going to get someone to focus on more people? If he went after you after you made that vote, wouldn't you accuse him of OMGUS?

This whole hammer and horrible explanation is not helping you in my eyes. While this does make you more suspicious, I do not want a D2 lynch any time soon. We do not need to stifle further discussion by lynching now, or any time soon. We still have pretty much 3 weeks before deadline; there is no rush.

@easjo, Doctor

Please make an effort to use proper English in your posts. It makes it far more enjoyable to read and much clearer and easier to understand. Both of your most recent posts were really poorly written.
I'm a talking computer.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:28 pm

Post by easjo682 »

@easjo, Doctor

Please make an effort to use proper English in your posts

sorry, I've been without sleep for a couple days, it kinda takes a toll on my ability to write, next time i will concentrate more on getting the wording and punctuation
write
right!
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:50 pm

Post by Doctor »

I skimmed page 8

Lordchronos I ask you to read posts you are attempting to discredit. And, I'm using the built in keyboard on my laptop which is horrible. Thus, my spelling and/or grammer may be a bit off. I'll try and fix that in the future.

That being beside the point, I simply gave the truthful explanation it was an accident simple as that, if you are trying to read between the lines then you are just trying to make something out of nothing, and attempting to push suspicion on me. If that isn't your intent, then I am sorry I can't give you a better explanation, but, as they say, the truth will out. (in other words, accidents happen, and this is my first game )

Plus, how is a vote on him that in your mind L-2 (but actually isn't) going to get someone to focus on more people? If he went after you after you made that vote, wouldn't you accuse him of OMGUS?

I had mentioned the tunneling to him a few times, and I figured some pressure would help. Tracker had also defended himself, but cdubs kept going after him.
Would you like a Jelly Baby?
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:43 pm

Post by dimaba »

Doctor wrote:
I skimmed page 8
Lordchronos I ask you to read posts you are attempting to discredit.
I think LordChronos' point was: why did you skim page 8 and not page 9, the page the thread was on and the page Tracker and you placed your votes on. You didn't explain that in your post. Mind doing so now?

As for the night kill, I'm not exactly surprised by it. Jackabomb was an active and quite clearly pro-town player and made a number of good points. Wether the kill has anything to do with his remarks on specific players/on Doctor's hammer or not, he was someone scum would like to get rid of.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:11 am

Post by RayFrost »

I feel that doctor is telling the truth.

It's a vibe more than any real evidence, but I tend to trust my gut more than anything else (it's won me two or three lylo situations as town, so yeh)
don't you feel silly now?
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:27 am

Post by easjo682 »

Hes had a town vibe most of the game
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:56 am

Post by Doctor »

I think LordChronos' point was: why did you skim page 8 and not page 9, the page the thread was on and the page Tracker and you placed your votes on. You didn't explain that in your post. Mind doing so now?
I read page 9, there was not a vote count on page nine and tracker voted on page 9 i knew that, however i skimmed page 8 to make sure I wasn't screwing up (I should have read It all over I know) and merely missed the two posts which are quite small where Jacka and Yos voted, which are BOTH on page 8.

I had previoiusly read page 8, but I merely skimmed to make sure.
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:56 am

Post by Doctor »

I read page 9, there was not a vote count on page nine and tracker voted on page 9 i knew that, however i skimmed page 8 to make sure I wasn't screwing up (I should have read It all over I know) and merely missed the two posts which are quite small where Jacka and Yos voted, which are BOTH on page 8.

Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:57 am

Post by Doctor »

Sorry for the double post, I got that darned error message.
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:40 am

Post by dimaba »

Doctor wrote:I read page 9, there was not a vote count on page nine and tracker voted on page 9 i knew that, however i skimmed page 8 to make sure I wasn't screwing up (I should have read It all over I know) and merely missed the two posts which are quite small where Jacka and Yos voted, which are BOTH on page 8.

Ah now I get what you meant. I thought you meant you hadn't read page 9 at all.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Haylen »

The Haylen's Needs More Creativity Vote Count

The Tracker: RayFrost

Not Voting: LordChronos; easjo682; The Tracker; Doctor; Dimaba; Yosarian2

Deadline is Tuesday 2nd February, at 9pm England time. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Good luck! ^.^
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:55 am

Post by LordChronos »

Doctor wrote:

Doctor,
I went back and reread your post 224, where you first explained this. I just realized that you did say that you knew tracker had voted, (though you failed to see Jackabomb's name on the votecount). For now, I will accept that it was an honest mistake brought about by not being careful enough and it being your first game. If you do it again, my vote will be on you immediately.

@Yosarian

You wanted to know who Doctor and Tracker are suspicious of, and I second this. But I would also like you to answer that question as well.
I'm a talking computer.
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:18 am

Post by Doctor »

about who I think is most suspicious, It was tracker, but hes explained himself pretty well I think.

But rayfrost has my attention currently, he seems to be attempting to wagon me at the start, and then switched to tracker after refuted, and for this period.

Just has me suspecting he wants a quicklynch on those of us who are most responsible for cdubs death.

While I admit its suspicious, I think I've explained myself as best as possible, though I think tracker should explain a littlel bit himself, but blame shouldn't rest on his shoulders either.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:39 am

Post by The Tracker »

No one's popping out at me right now, personally. Mostly Ray, but he could just be an overzealous Townie and therefore I'm not particularly worried about him.

@Doctor: I promised I would vote for him if his response didn't satisfy me. His response didn't satisfy me, so I voted him knowing he was not being hammered. However, I did in fact think I was putting him at L-2, not L-1. I was mistaken. Is that satisfactory?
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by LordChronos »

I just thought of something. Are we in LyLo tomorrow if we mislynch today? With 5 people left tomorrow morning, only 3 of them town, would we be in LyLo?
I'm a talking computer.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Yeah, probably. Not too worried, though. Doubt we'll have another quicklynch, and I'm sure we can hit scum.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by easjo682 »

If there's anything I'm voting for its that we don't have a quick lynch, I believe that now the game has settled in we should be better able to think things through before lynching someone.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Doctor wrote: But rayfrost has my attention currently, he seems to be attempting to wagon me at the start, and then switched to tracker after refuted, and for this period.

Just has me suspecting he wants a quicklynch on those of us who are most responsible for cdubs death.
I switched before you even posted...

I voted the person I believed had hammered.

I don't want a quicklynch, never promoted a lynch... I did vote, but voting isn't always for the intent to lynch, my friend. :wink:
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:43 pm

Post by dimaba »

RayFrost wrote: I switched before you even posted...

So now that you know that Tracker isn't the one that hammered, what is your reason to keep your vote on him in place?

p.s. did anyone else have problems reaching the forums yesterday?

The site is experience technical difficulties every now and then. We report it in the help forum in the 'White Screen of Senility' thread. Don't worry about it, Mith's hoping to move to PBB3 and a new server soon :) ~ Hayl
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:45 pm

Post by RayFrost »

dimaba wrote:
RayFrost wrote: I switched before you even posted...

So now that you know that Tracker isn't the one that hammered, what is your reason to keep your vote on him in place?

p.s. did anyone else have problems reaching the forums yesterday?
On the former I don't feel a desire to remove my vote just 'cuz he wasn't the person who put the lynched individual at l-1/hammered.

If I find nobody that I suspect more within the next few days, my vote will stay.

If I do, my vote will move.

Tracker is my largest suspicion, but my suspicions haven't developed a ton over the night phase.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:14 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

LordChronos wrote:I just thought of something. Are we in LyLo tomorrow if we mislynch today? With 5 people left tomorrow morning, only 3 of them town, would we be in LyLo?
Yes. If we mislynch two more times here, at any point in the game, town loses. (Only exception is if scum fail to kill twice, which is unlikely).
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

LordChronos wrote: @Yosarian

You wanted to know who Doctor and Tracker are suspicious of, and I second this. But I would also like you to answer that question as well.
Well, one person I'm a bit worried about right now is dimba. For one thing, I feel like he hasn't really expressed suspicion on anyone or taken a stand on anything; at one point, he had a vote on Tracker, but then he unvoted, and he hasn't really attacked anyone since (he's made some posts today questioning the doctor, but I'm not really clear if he still suspects the doctor or not). He also never really took any kind of stand on the cdub wagon before cdub got lynched. Dimba seems to me like he might be a scum who's just trying to "fly under the radar" and not get noticed.

Vote:Dimba
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by easjo682 »

Hey guys sorry i havent been post quite as much since the new day has dawned but for the next 48 hours or so i will be
V/LA
helping mate get ready for her wedding and attending the wedding.

before i abandon the game for 48 hours heres my opinion so far
Dimaba: Ive been suspicious of all along
Tracker: not too worried about
Doctor: seems to be townie who made a bad mistake, but that mistake will be remembered if any more scummy actions are undertaken
Yos: Is definitely scum hunting and acting pro town
Rayfrost: dont know i was suspicious of him to start off with but am not too sure now as a result will keep an eye on him
Lord Chronos: seems to be scum hunting, but theres also something there that seems a bit off, dont know what it is but somethings not quite right

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by easjo682 »

V/LA
48 hours just restating so its at the start of the line and easy to see.

Cool, enjoy! ^.^ ~ Hayl

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by The Tracker »

I'm kind of worried about dimaba, but I'm going to wait and see what he says. I'm not a fan of his lurking and Yosarian hit my other suspicions on the head.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”