Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:04 am

Post by Thesp »

olio wrote:Where did I say Sineish
really
looking scummy to me?
Sineish is correct in divining my intent here. Read the same thing, instead reading "actually" instaed of "really".
Olio wrote:These statements seem contradictory to me or then I've misunderstood something. You're saying you don't have concrete evidence and at the same time you don't believe in "day one" stuff. In my opinion "day one" stuff is same thing as not having concrete evidence, at least not for your first few votes on the first few pages.
When I refer to "concrete evidence", I speak more about game mechanics and game-long patterns. In any case, it's apparent that the only such evidence we seem to have now (if I recall correctly) is spork/Drummer's role confirmation. I agree that to vote today, a lower information threshhold is correctly observed.
Olio wrote:That's crap. How do I deflect criticism by agreeing with Commodore Amazing? With my agreement I signed his conclusions. You'd rather I repeat the words of others and try to present them as my own thoughts? That's scummy to me.

Once more: what kind of significant contribution you're waiting on day one? Am I really the only one in your opinion who hadn't contributed to the thread at that point you maded your post? And why do you believe spork is innocent?
Usually, when a bandwagon turns, the person who initiates the turn
does
get looked at more harshly. I also don't know if you were the only one who hadn't made significant contribution up to that point, I know yours just stuck out at me as I was reading through. I do give you credit for giving us more to work with, here.
Olio wrote:So you think I'm scummy because I didn't try to pass Commodore's thoughts as my own reasoning for my vote (appropriating) but instead said I agreed with his thoughts? To me that sounds like a flawed logic, no offense. What does that track record mean?
You claimed you agreed wth him. I just didn't believe you actually did, for whatever reason.
Olio wrote:I am. He agreed with Mr. Flay's reasons for voting me and you didn't find that worth FOS, though my agreement with Commodore's reasoning seem to be one of your main reasons for voting me.
I see. I will ponder more on him later. It's worth noting Sineish had already contributed quite a bit to that point as well.
olio wrote:My first vote against Sineish had very little reason behind it. I agreed with Commodore's thoughts and switched my vote to person I felt was more scummier ie. I had more reason behind my second vote than my first.
Perhaps this is part of the problem. Your vote on Sineish comes across (to me) much harsher than a little-reason attack. I agree there was more reason for the second.[/quote]
Olio wrote:I think you're missing the point. When I made my first vote, there was almost nothing to base it on. My second vote had more substance as I saw Commodore's reasoning a valid one. That doesn't mean there was rock-solid base on that vote, but there was more foundation that on my first vote.

Now, when you made your first vote you had 5 pages information, which I didn't have when I made my votes. So you could go through multiple posts from one person and base your vote on them, when I didn't have that luxury when giving those two votes. Yet you're accusing me for not having some solid evidence for my first and second vote, if I'm not mistaken.
Ah, I see what you're getting at. In all fairness, I did try to consider time and frame of reference on each post, as I took notes while I read through it all the first time.
Crola wrote:Argh, I died, kind of, even though it says I'm still fighting. Good luck all.
?????
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:26 am

Post by warpdragon »

Crola was commenting that I forgot to change the dead/alive list to say he was replaced. You can go back to ignoring him.
Show
IS: Kiwis get to hunt the natives on Sundays
Tally: kiwis are the natives
IS: Thats the fun part

Mackay: Oh hey, I got sigged! :)

[size=75][i]Edited by Warpdragon[/i][/size]
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:32 pm

Post by olio »

I'm leaving for a holiday trip today. I'll be back in a week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

with joy, Olio
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:11 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Well, hell. With Olio gone I'm willing to go back to my original thought, because Sineish is still playing scum games... the jumpiness of hid vote ans his parroting of other people makes me twitchy. I'm equally suspicious of both of them right now, but olio's absence will make it a little harder to pursue him...

Unvote: olio for now, Vote: Sineish again
. Hopefully come Monday we'll have a little more participation...
Retired as of October 2014.
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:20 am

Post by d_rouge »

Sorry guys for not participating more.

I was re-reading the thread and what struck me was the way KingEnigma attacked me saying that I didn't dare to say the word "cop" because I was scum. I was almost ready to vote him when I realized I already did.
So I think my vote makes sense for now, in addition he's lurking even more than me.

I withdraw what I said about olio "being allowed to lurk", when I wrote that I just had a quick re-read and found that Crola's resons for voting him was for lurking and I thought that everybody else followed that, I should have read better what the others said about him.

I found a bit odd this post from CA
Commodore Amazing wrote:Why are we voting for olio? At least he gave reasons for why he thought Crola/Thesp might have claimed. Yes, he bandwagoned on spork76, but so did quite a few of us.

d_rouge has been just as lurky. If we go after d_rouge, he should be able to answer us. We can't blame olio for being absent when he has said he will be gone this long. It seems someone might be scum with d_rouge and is looking to divert attention away from him...
fos: Mr. Flay, Sineish, and olio
In this he defends olio doing the same thing he accuses somebody of doing about me: trying to divert attention from him. Then he ends it by putting a FOS on olio that has nothing to do with his own argument.
Trying to disassociate from a scum buddy?
World Champions!!!
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:36 pm

Post by Commodore Amazing »

unfos: olio
. Oops, I meant to fos everyone except for Thesp who had been voting for olio. d_rouge, I tell you that King_Enigma is not scum.

unvote: d_rouge
for now... I guess no one's really going to press against him for now. I'll go for a Sineish bandwagon.
vote: Sineish
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:11 am

Post by Drummer »

I am sorry to inform you guys that I did not really pay much attention to these exchanges going back and forth. You know, where one guy copies the other guy's post word for word, the retaliates? Then they do it again? I get lost when I read those. They rarely help.

Olio--As a matter of fact, I would LOVE to tell you why I'm voting for you. Heck, it'll be easy, considering I already did it once now. I believe the other claims. Your posts are weird. I could care less if you have an OMGUS thing going on, but if there's any other particular...I don't know...
reason
, maybe, for why you are suspicious of me...yeah, that would be nice to hear.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:48 pm

Mod
, can we get a vote count?
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:56 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

im here, still thinking d_rogue is the man with the plan (a plan that involves most of us dead) i have no excuse for the lurking except that i got world of warcraft a few days ago and well, if i'm online i'm playing that, but alas the new has worn off (though I AM still playing it) so i'm kinda sorta back.

yeah, i looked harder at you because you voted me, but hey i'm petty.

but you still slipped up scumboy and now you gotta pay the hangman, and he only deals in.....well, hanging people.

unless someone comes out and says "I'm scum, vote now." I think, i'm sticking with Mr. Rogue. ScumBoy.

so , good luck and good night (except you d_rogue, you can have a good night, but i dont wish you any luck, well...only pertaining to this game that is)
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:09 am

Post by Thesp »

I have no problems with suspicion of d_rouge and find them well founded.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Sineish
Sineish
Goon
Sineish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:34 pm

Post by Sineish »

Since Commodore Amazing and KingEnigma are very likely linked (if one is pro-town, both are, if one is scum, so is the other), I find d_rouge's attacks on KingEnigma rather hard to understand. Although I still have suspicions of olio, I'm starting to think that d_rouge may have a case to answer. If he's found innocent, it may well give us both CA and KE. With this in mind, I will
unvote: olio
and
vote: d_rouge

Commodore Amazing wrote:can we get a vote count?
I could be wrong, so don't rely on this, but unofficially I make it 2 votes each for olio, Thesp, Sineish and d_rouge, and 1 vote each for spork76 and KingEnigma.

S.
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:09 pm

Post by d_rouge »

KingEnigma wrote: but you still slipped up scumboy and now you gotta pay the hangman, and he only deals in.....well, hanging people.
I can't see why me not saying the word "cop" counts as slipping. I could argue that scum in that place would have probably kept his mouth shut, but then you could say that knowing this it would make sense for scum to do it, blah, blah... WIFOM...

But then, your last post had no actual content except calling me scum a few times, so there's nothing I can answer to.
Sineish wrote:Since Commodore Amazing and KingEnigma are very likely linked (if one is pro-town, both are, if one is scum, so is the other), I find d_rouge's attacks on KingEnigma rather hard to understand.
I don't understand this sentence. Why can't I say anything about someone who seems linked to someone else?
Sineish, it seems you're jumping on my bandwagon just to keep the attention off you.
World Champions!!!
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:41 pm

Post by d_rouge »

In 24 hours I'm leaving for a scout camp and I'll be with absolutely no Internet access until August 10th. If you feel it's too long, feel free to replace me.
I should be able to log in one last time before leaving.
World Champions!!!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:52 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Unofficially, I've counted since the last time warpdragon did, and I think this is where we're at:
2 olio (Thesp, Drummer)
1 Spork76 (Aelyn)
1 d_rouge (KingEnigma, Sineish)
2 Thesp (olio, Bamboomancer)
1 KingEnigma (d_rouge)
2 Sineish (Mr. Flay, Commodore Amazing)

Not Voting: Spork
Something funny is going on here. Sineish and CA both keep vote-hopping onto bandwagons other people start. As Sineish already mentioned, CA and KE are linked so we may not have to worry about them yet (if they're town, one will likely die at night and we'll know about the other - if they're scum, we can always investigate/lynch them later). Even if I think Sineish is scum, that's decent logic. spork76 is silent, which isn't surprising, but it IS relevant that he was doing the same thing in Reservoir Dogs before he was revealed as scum. And just because he's investigative (knew Drummer) doesn't mean he's pro-town; there can be scummy investigators as well.

However, Raymond K. Hessel is very improbable as a mafia role with our supposed scum group (Tyler, Narrator, Bob, maybe Marla, etc)... unless the 'mafia' are the non-drones, those who have received enlightenment from Fight Club through one method or another. But I think I'm stretching, at least for Day One. Right now my biggest suspicions lie with Sineish, olio, and Commodore Amazing, with spork76 and Bamboomancer not far behind for sheer lurking value.
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:29 am

Post by Drummer »

Mr. Flay wrote:spork76 is silent, which isn't surprising, but it IS relevant that he was doing the same thing in Reservoir Dogs before he was revealed as scum. And just because he's investigative (knew Drummer) doesn't mean he's pro-town; there can be scummy investigators as well.
Grr. You're right.

And I don't suppose Olio has any particular logic to his suspicions. Since he refuses to reveal it, I guess I'll forget about it. If you can't come up with a reason to be supsicious, then I guess you aren't.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:32 pm

This day is taking a while. I really don't think I've got anything from anyone that seems particularly scummy. Some of the claims are weird, but it's hard to say if they're scum or not until the game moves on later. I'd be happy to lynch d_rouge or Sineish.

Something tells me the game is going slowly because the scum is not willing to join a bandwagon. Does that suggest going after lurkers? I don't know, but if it does, d_rouge and Bamboomancer become real suspects.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:30 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Commodore Amazing wrote:Something tells me the game is going slowly because the scum is not willing to join a bandwagon. Does that suggest going after lurkers? I don't know, but if it does, d_rouge and Bamboomancer become real suspects.
The game is going slowly because NO ONE is willing to join a bandwagon. I'm not sure what that means (it may be as simple as not wanting to out any more roles), but it's the largest part of the slowness of today, aside from any site-related lag, of course.

WHERE IS EVERYONE??? Cripes... you'd think I was talking to myself.
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:40 am

Post by Drummer »

Hrm. Page six of Day 1.
Unvote:Olio
. I'll still be watching though.
Vote:Sineish
. Let's get going.
Sineish
Sineish
Goon
Sineish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:13 pm

Post by Sineish »

Mr. Flay wrote:The game is going slowly because NO ONE is willing to join a bandwagon.
Well, there seems to be one bandwagon, but it too is moving slowly. I quite honestly expected to be on 4 votes at least by now. Personally I think I got off to a bad start in this game when I tried to be funny with my first post, and I don't think I did too good a job of defending myself.

I don't think we're quite at the stage where I need to be claiming, so I thought I would explain why everyone should vote for d_rouge.
d_rouge wrote:In 24 hours I'm leaving for a scout camp and I'll be with absolutely no Internet access until August 10th
While he hasn't exactly lurked in this game and I believe his absence to be genuine, I feel like there is a growing trend to back off from lynching people who post that they will be away for a while. This will enevitably lead to this being used as an effective tactic by scum and this is why I would have no problem lynching him in his absence, quite apart from the other points I am making.
d_rouge wrote:we shouldn't exclude the possibility of going after somebody who has already claimed.
True, but to go after KingEnigma today really is not the best move, as has already been discussed.
d_rouge wrote:I don't understand this sentence. Why can't I say anything about someone who seems linked to someone else?
Sineish, it seems you're jumping on my bandwagon just to keep the attention off you.
Ok, so you had not seen Mr. Flay's explanation of this when you posted, but I don't like the way you contered by accusing me of jumping onto your bandwagon. You didn't even say what you didn't understand about the sentence. By switching my vote to you I fully expected to be put under even closer scrutiny. I did it because I believe in what I wrote (if you're innocent then CA and KE aren't) and I believed it to be the
most
pro-town vote I could make.

S.
spork76
spork76
I didn't get a role.
spork76
I didn't get a role.
I didn't get a role.

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:02 am

Post by spork76 »

sorry, for lack of posting my mom's been in the hospital and I forgot to post in the vacation thread.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:23 pm

Post by Thesp »

I wouldn't mind getting some sort of claim out of Sineish.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:22 pm

Post by warpdragon »

3 Sineish (Mr. Flay, Commodore Amazing, Drummer)
2 d_rouge (KingEnigma, Sineish)
1 olio (Thesp)
1 Spork76 (Aelyn)
1 Thesp (Bamboomancer, olio)
1 KingEnigma (d_rouge)
Not Voting: Spork
Show
IS: Kiwis get to hunt the natives on Sundays
Tally: kiwis are the natives
IS: Thats the fun part

Mackay: Oh hey, I got sigged! :)

[size=75][i]Edited by Warpdragon[/i][/size]
spork76
spork76
I didn't get a role.
spork76
I didn't get a role.
I didn't get a role.

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:50 am

Post by spork76 »

vote:sineish
!CLAIM TIME!
Sineish
Sineish
Goon
Sineish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:40 am

Post by Sineish »

spork76 wrote:!CLAIM TIME!
ok then.

My name is Marla Singer. Despite what you may think, I am pro-town and I have no night action.

Unfortunately, I also cannot be either protected or investigated, so even the lack of a counter claim cannot confirm me. There may be a case for lynching me anyway, just to prevent a power role being lynched, but since we already have a fair few claims today, we probably have good odds of hitting scum.

S.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:34 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Wait, you are saying you cannot *ever* be protected or investigated, or you 'cannot' in the sense that it would be too late to save you if we lynch you today?

I can see a case for Marla being pro-town, but this claim has a stink about it...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”