Newbie 892 - The Future of Magic. Game Over! Mafia Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I'd like dimaba's response as well, though I don't particularly agree with the case (I'll say why after dimaba responds if he doesn't cover it, no need to give his defense for him).
don't you feel silly now?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Haylen »

The Haylen's Likely to Punch Something in Anger Vote Count

The Tracker: RayFrost
Dimaba: Yosarian2

Not Voting: LordChronos; easjo682; The Tracker; Doctor; Dimaba

Deadline is Tuesday 2nd February, at 9pm England time. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Good luck! ^.^
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:04 am

Post by dimaba »

Yosarian2 wrote:
LordChronos wrote: Well, one person I'm a bit worried about right now is dimba. For one thing, I feel like he hasn't really expressed suspicion on anyone or taken a stand on anything; at one point, he had a vote on Tracker, but then he unvoted, and he hasn't really attacked anyone since (he's made some posts today questioning the doctor, but I'm not really clear if he still suspects the doctor or not). He also never really took any kind of stand on the cdub wagon before cdub got lynched. Dimba seems to me like he might be a scum who's just trying to "fly under the radar" and not get noticed.
You are right that I haven't expressed suspicion on anyone on Day 2 so far. But really, day 2 is only 3 real-life days and 3 pages old so far and I wanted to question several people before making up my mind on my suspicions. We have plenty of time for that.
I took a stands all through day 1, on who to lynch and on wether or not it is smart to lynch lurkers, and only missed the last two pages where cdubs was grilled and lynched.
As for who I expect now... Well although Doctor has done well to explain away any suspicions, he isn't off my radar. My previous (and first) game saw the same situation, and in that game it was scum who quickhammered and came back with 'omg I'm so sorry, I didn't know'. And scum got away with it until the town PR's claimed.
I have a growing and more consistent suspicion of easjo though. Has been throwing around suspicions throughout the game but seems to be echoing points other people have made more than anything, though she did make some points of her own earlier in the game, and sometimes doesn't provide any reasoning at all. Has rarely made an effort to confront or question someone. Drops in irregularly. Doesn't respond/doesn't respond well when questions are asked.
So what I would do is:
vote: easjo

easjo682 wrote: Lord Chronos: seems to be scum hunting, but theres also something there that seems a bit off, dont know what it is but somethings not quite right
Any parts of his posts in particular that you get that feeling from?
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:59 am

Post by The Tracker »

Dimaba, I'm curious as to why one of your reasons for voting easjo you yourself are guilty of. You say she drops in irregularly but then again, I've noticed your posting patterns are incredibly irregular as well. Care to explain?
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:17 am

Post by Doctor »

I have to agree somewhat with Dimaba about Eas, shes stated quite firmly on two occasions now one, on day one, and the other after my screw up that I'm town. It seems a bit odd that she would claim that when on day one very little information about me was given during the time I asked that question, and now after the hammer she still thinks I'm town though albiet more suspicious.
Would you like a Jelly Baby?
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:27 am

Post by Doctor »

Noticed that as well tracker, but you have to admit that although irregular his posts are a bit meaty.
As for who I expect now... Well although Doctor has done well to explain away any suspicions, he isn't off my radar. My previous (and first) game saw the same situation, and in that game it was scum who quickhammered and came back with 'omg I'm so sorry, I didn't know'. And scum got away with it until the town PR's claimed.
@Dimaba

While I know there is still suspicion running rampant on me, this feels like you are basically saying that if someone else hits me, that you'll hop on the wagon, while leaving yourself free to throw suspicion on other people in the event that I turn up townie.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:06 am

Post by LordChronos »

Couple things here.

@dimaba
First off, I didn't write that quote that you quoted in your last post, I think that was Yosarian. I kind of agree with some of the points you made against easjo. With her my gut feeling is kind of leaning towards scummier rather than townier.

@easjo
Why are you not too worried about tracker? As I recall you suspected him earlier, and his actions did help lead to the quicklynch yesterday.

@Doctor
What is with the attacks on RayFrost? The tone of your post/content of your post make it seem like you are making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Also, I really do not like the way that you are reading so much into other people's posts and throwing words in their mouths. You have done it at least twice today, first with RayFrost, and now with dimaba. He wasn't saying this:
Doctor's interpretation wrote:While I know there is still suspicion running rampant on me, this feels like you are basically saying that if someone else hits me, that you'll hop on the wagon, while leaving yourself free to throw suspicion on other people in the event that I turn up townie.
at all.

Rather, he was just saying that, like me, he is still going to keep an eye on you. If you do something suspicious again, we are more likely to vote you.
I'm a talking computer.
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:08 am

Post by Doctor »

First of all you say we will vote you...what do you control the way the town votes? Or did you possibly mean something else entirely. Regardless thats not the issue at hand.

I don't recally attempting to get people to explain their actions a bit better to be scummy I rather feel this is attempting to get peoples opinions, and actions out into the open and a little more clearer, I'm merely pointing out the inconcistencies and weak points, and seeing if people hold water.

However your attempt to silence me here I'd say is quite scummy, ive not voted anyone and I've not attempted wagoning people I've merely pointed out weakpoints, and here you are threatining to rally a wagon on me if I continue? One could assume this as attempting someone who is trying to reveal information to the town.
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:10 am

Post by dimaba »

LordChronos wrote:@dimaba
First off, I didn't write that quote that you quoted in your last post, I think that was Yosarian.
Very true. I quoted Yosarian but fucked up the quote tags. He quoted you and I deleted that part but missed the [ quote="LordChronos] part, making it seem like it was your quote.

FTR, correct quote:
Yosarian2 wrote: Well, one person I'm a bit worried about right now is dimba. For one thing, I feel like he hasn't really expressed suspicion on anyone or taken a stand on anything; at one point, he had a vote on Tracker, but then he unvoted, and he hasn't really attacked anyone since (he's made some posts today questioning the doctor, but I'm not really clear if he still suspects the doctor or not). He also never really took any kind of stand on the cdub wagon before cdub got lynched. Dimba seems to me like he might be a scum who's just trying to "fly under the radar" and not get noticed.
The Tracker wrote:Dimaba, I'm curious as to why one of your reasons for voting easjo you yourself are guilty of. You say she drops in irregularly but then again, I've noticed your posting patterns are incredibly irregular as well. Care to explain?
The irregularity itself I am guilty of, but when I post I try to make them useful. It's the irregularity of the posts combined with the lack of content that makes me think they might be more 'look I'm still here so don't say I'm lurking' than 'I try to help out but I haven't got much time'.
Reasons for my irregularity are studywork, social commitments and limited access when I'm at my parents' house.
Doctor wrote:While I know there is still suspicion running rampant on me, this feels like you are basically saying that if someone else hits me, that you'll hop on the wagon, while leaving yourself free to throw suspicion on other people in the event that I turn up townie.
If you get hit on I won't be jumping on the wagon. I believe your explanation and the rest of your behaviour has been above suspicion, but past experience does keep me from being 100% convinced you are town. That's what I was saying.
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:13 am

Post by Doctor »

If you get hit on I won't be jumping on the wagon. I believe your explanation and the rest of your behaviour has been above suspicion, but past experience does keep me from being 100% convinced you are town. That's what I was saying.
Fair enough. I didn't mean to make that out to seem as much of an attack as a mere point into a possibility or inconsistency, for that I apologize.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:22 am

Post by The Tracker »

Okay. Just wanted to see your reasons, dimaba.

I follow the points about easjo, so I'm going to keep an eye on her. If she doesn't step up and start participating more, my vote may land on her.

Dimaba's point is true: he does have pretty decent posts so I'm not too worried about him at the moment.

Doctor...well, that's an obvious stance I have.

Chronos looks like he's trying to hit easy targets a bit to me. He's mostly going after people who are already under suspicion. Definitely watching him as well.

Not worried about Yosarian at all. It's very unlikely he's scum. His participation is good and he's looking very pro-Town.

And The Tracker is an all around awesome guy. He's even more Town than Yosarian and if I could have a drink with him I would.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:09 am

Post by LordChronos »

Doctor wrote: I don't recally attempting to get people to explain their actions a bit better to be scummy I rather feel this is attempting to get peoples opinions, and actions out into the open and a little more clearer, I'm merely pointing out the inconcistencies and weak points, and seeing if people hold water.

However your attempt to silence me here I'd say is quite scummy, ive not voted anyone and I've not attempted wagoning people I've merely pointed out weakpoints, and here you are threatining to rally a wagon on me if I continue? One could assume this as attempting someone who is trying to reveal information to the town.
You just did it again, Doctor. I don't have a problem with attempting to get peoples opinions or brining actions out into the open. Nor have I ever said I did. But I do have a problem with you putting words into my mouth and other people's mouths. I never attempted to silence you. I never threatened to wagon you if you continue to question people. I very specifically said that while you have provided an explanation for the quick hammer, if you do something like that again I would vote you.

What does the last sentence of that quote mean?
I'm a talking computer.
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:40 am

Post by Doctor »

Im sorry I typoed
It was intended to read

One could assume this as attempting to silence someone who is trying to reveal information to the town.

At any rate I did it again?
If you do something suspicious again, we are more likely to vote you.
Sounds very much like a threat to me, maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it feels that way especially with the context of the rest of the post criticizing me for merely pointing out weakpoints.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:46 am

Post by The Tracker »

Good lord, Doctor, he's threatening to vote you in a game. He's not threatening to murder your family. Lighten up.

LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:46 am

Post by LordChronos »

Doctor wrote:
LordChronos wrote:If you do something suspicious again, we are more likely to vote you.
Sounds very much like a threat to me, maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it feels that way especially with the context of the rest of the post criticizing me for merely pointing out weakpoints.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. First I should have used I instead of we. Second, that quote was in reference to your putting words in dimaba's mouth. My interpretation of what he said was that like me, he was not 100% convinced by your explanation regarding the quicklynch, and so he would, like me, be more likely to vote against you if you did that again.
I'm a talking computer.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:56 am

Post by LordChronos »

Doctor wrote:
LordChronos wrote:If you do something suspicious again, we are more likely to vote you.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. First I should have used I instead of we. Second, that quote was in reference to your putting words in dimaba's mouth. My interpretation of what he said was that like me, he was not 100% convinced by your explanation regarding the quicklynch, and so he would, like me, be more likely to vote against you if you did that again.
I'm a talking computer.
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:09 am

Post by Doctor »

Tracker if i was taking any of this serously you would proably see alot of cursing trust me :P Maybe its the way I word things that sounds aggresive, or upset sorry, but I am attempting to defend myself here, sorry it if it appears im taking it too seriously.

Secondly fair enough chronos, and yeah I understand that much, I don't think anyone should expect to get off scott free after a hammer like that.

Try not to take my reading into things too literally I mean just to point out weakpoints in arguements and see how it goes from there its not meant to be attacks on anyone. I actually have been trying to point out strong areas as well, if you didn't noticed I defended Dimaba agaisnt tracker's scrutiny.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

dimaba wrote: I took a stands all through day 1, on who to lynch and on wether or not it is smart to lynch lurkers, and only missed the last two pages where cdubs was grilled and lynched.
You took stands through day 1 on who we should lynch? Where?

Discussion on general strategy points like "When to lynch lurkers" is fine, but other then the vote you had on Tracker, I never saw any point where you expressed who it was that you wanted to lynch, and very little on who you thought we shouldn't lynch for that matter, and you dropped the Tracker vote for fairly murky reasons as soon as it looked like it might go somewhere, specifically saying that part of the reason for it was that you didn't want tracker to be at lynch -2. For the most part, most of your posts were made up of vauge, noncommittal comments on people.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:43 am

Post by RayFrost »

Tracker didn't say his read of me.

<--- left out :(

Other than that, I don't really like how dimaba responded to Yos2's case.

Feels very... appeal to time span of the day. He uses it as an excuse to not take a stance rather than saying something like... "I hadn't taken a stance because I wanted to solidify my reads, and here they are..." which is what I'd have said is a possible reason.

Appeal to D1 also been refuted by Yos2, savvy?
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by The Tracker »

RayFrost wrote:Tracker didn't say his read of me.

<--- left out :(
Sorry Ray. I knew I forgot someone. Anyway, my read of you is a zealous Town right now. Yeah, you attack but you always have a reason for it.

easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:21 am

Post by easjo682 »

dimaba wrote: You are right that I haven't expressed suspicion on anyone on Day 2 so far. But really, day 2 is only 3 real-life days and 3 pages old so far and I wanted to question several people before making up my mind on my suspicions. We have plenty of time for that.
I took a stands all through day 1, on who to lynch and on wether or not it is smart to lynch lurkers, and only missed the last two pages where cdubs was grilled and lynched.
I have a growing and more consistent suspicion of easjo though. Has been throwing around suspicions throughout the game but seems to be echoing points other people have made more than anything, though she did make some points of her own earlier in the game, and sometimes doesn't provide any reasoning at all. Has rarely made an effort to confront or question someone. Drops in irregularly. Doesn't respond/doesn't respond well when questions are asked.
So what I would do is:
vote: easjo

wow I'm away for 48 hours and the finger turns to me?
In answer to your suspicions of me, you're right I haven't been around much on day 2 yet I my self pointed this out, but on day one I was a frequent poster and gave my OWN opinions on people and the situation, I may not of hardcore questioned anybody but thats because I haven't felt the necessity as other people seem to be giving the appropriate questions so there would be no point in asking the same thing.

LordChronos wrote:@easjo
Why are you not too worried about tracker? As I recall you suspected him earlier, and his actions did help lead to the quicklynch yesterday
there's a difference between 'not too worried' and 'not suspicious of'
with the not too worried I mean I'm keeping an eye out for him but that there's others that capture my attention more

dimaba wrote: The irregularity itself I am guilty of, but when I post I try to make them useful. It's the irregularity of the posts combined with the lack of content that makes me think they might be more 'look I'm still here so don't say I'm lurking' than 'I try to help out but I haven't got much time'.
Reasons for my irregularity are studywork, social commitments and limited access when I'm at my parents' house.
So basically you're accusing me what you yourself are guilty of? and you're justifying why its okay when it comes to you? at least I said that I'd be unavailable for 48 hours and gave a reason, all of us have commitments outside of this game including me, and when it comes to me I have work and it comes in shifts, at the moment I take what I can get, sometimes it's only 2 hours sometimes it 12 if its going to be longer I try to say 'hey look I'm not gonna be here for awhile' so yes work does make me an irregular poster.

dimaba wrote:
easjo682 wrote: Lord Chronos: seems to be scum hunting, but there's also something there that seems a bit off, don't know what it is but somethings not quite right
Any parts of his posts in particular that you get that feeling from?
its not so much an individual post as the way he come off if you put them together in context, Its seems he back people up via taking the same accused and extracting quotes and asking them to explain rather than to say 'hey guys i think this guy is off here's why'[/quote]
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:55 am

Post by dimaba »

Yosarian2 wrote:You took stands through day 1 on who we should lynch? Where?

Discussion on general strategy points like "When to lynch lurkers" is fine, but other then the vote you had on Tracker, I never saw any point where you expressed who it was that you wanted to lynch, and very little on who you thought we shouldn't lynch for that matter, and you dropped the Tracker vote for fairly murky reasons as soon as it looked like it might go somewhere, specifically saying that part of the reason for it was that you didn't want tracker to be at lynch -2. For the most part, most of your posts were made up of vauge, noncommittal comments on people.
I stuck with Tracker for most of Day 1 and all that time I said I thought he should be the one to lynch eventually. That didn't change when I withdrew my vote, as I said I just didn't want to lynch yet because I wasn't certain enough. After I dropped my tracker vote, it took two pages to lynch cdubs. I didn't post on those pages, so there was hardly a chance for me to express new opinions, was there?
easjo682 wrote: I haven't felt the necessity as other people seem to be giving the appropriate questions so there would be no point in asking the same thing.
Yet you found me suspicious when on day 1 I used that same argument to explain why I seconded rayfrost's arguments rather than write it up differently myself?
easjo682 wrote: So basically you're accusing me what you yourself are guilty of? and you're justifying why its okay when it comes to you? at least I said that I'd be unavailable for 48 hours and gave a reason, all of us have commitments outside of this game including me, and when it comes to me I have work and it comes in shifts, at the moment I take what I can get, sometimes it's only 2 hours sometimes it 12 if its going to be longer I try to say 'hey look I'm not gonna be here for awhile' so yes work does make me an irregular poster.
I didn't justify why it's okay to do the same thing you're doing, I pointed out where the things we're doing are different. It's not the irregularity of posts itself I'm worried about. I have the same time problems you have and frankly this game isn't important enough for me to go reply when I get home late at night etc. The difference IMO is the lack of original content.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:17 am

Post by easjo682 »

Lack of original content? I've found that is what your posts lack dimaba
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:28 am

Post by The Tracker »

Well, dimaba didn't have a lot of original content Day 1. I mean, he posts a lot but he doesn't seem to just be following popular suspicions right now unless I'm missing something.

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:16 am

Post by RayFrost »

dimaba's suspicion of easjo seems like OMGUS.

easjo is a town read for me.

dimaba is sliding toward scummy as of right now.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”