MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:02 pm

Post by MeMe »

Since CoolBot's done, I think I should.

Started with 7 points & took a 3-point disability Night 1 to immediately buy "unkillable at night."

By Night 3, I'd earned 4 points for mod errors (2 each day) & gotten back 1 point Night 2 when my earlier purchase got reduced/diminished, giving me a total of five.

During the day yesterday, I spent my 5 points on back-up doctor & was informed at the beginning of last night that I'm now a doctor (so Phoebus
was
a mafia doc) and I protected Stewie.

I now have one point.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:04 pm

Post by MeMe »

Yggdrasil next.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:46 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

I began with three points, got one for pointing out mod error #2 in the OP. Later I got two more points for pointing out mod errors. I was waiting to see whether Phoebus was doc or not and if Phoebus was mafia, I was going to buy backup doc last night, but I didn't have time as night was very short. Turns out that it was a blessing in disguise as I later realized that if we had a mafia and SK remaining, we would need a vig to ensure victory, so I bought one-shot vig today. I have one point left.

To state the obvious, Stewie should claim next.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:40 am

Post by Stewie »

I began with six points. I didn't like what I could buy with that ammount, and I really didn't want to take a disability, so I waited to see if I could correct the mod, or even win points for lynching scum. As soon as the game started, I noticed the mod didn't add the night one target to the list of dead people, so I got one point for telling him (I did this by PM). I decided to wait one more day to see if I could get another point and buy vigilante. This didn't happen, so night three I bought roleblocker and used it on Phoebus. It didn't do anything, so I assume that someone else in the mafia made the kill. Night four I blocked Coolbot. Right now I have one point for correctly voting for phoebus day three.

Question:
Coolbot, did meme leave her house night three, yes or no?

And something to think about: Thesp said that he knew that phoebus was lying. It is quite possible that Thesp was an ability cop who knew that Phoebus was not a doctor. There could be a different reason as to why he knew, but I can't personally think of another, which makes me think meme is lying. Can anyone else think of anything?

I don't really think this is enough to lynch meme. Anyone else got any ideas?
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:41 am

Post by Stewie »

I began with six points. I didn't like what I could buy with that ammount, and I really didn't want to take a disability, so I waited to see if I could correct the mod, or even win points for lynching scum. As soon as the game started, I noticed the mod didn't add the night one target to the list of dead people, so I got one point for telling him (I did this by PM). I decided to wait one more day to see if I could get another point and buy vigilante. This didn't happen, so night three I bought roleblocker and used it on Phoebus. It didn't do anything, so I assume that someone else in the mafia made the kill. Night four I blocked Coolbot. Right now I have one point for correctly voting for phoebus day three.

Question:
Coolbot, did meme leave her house night three, yes or no?

And something to think about: Thesp said that he knew that phoebus was lying. It is quite possible that Thesp was an ability cop who knew that Phoebus was not a doctor. There could be a different reason as to why he knew, but I can't personally think of another, which makes me think meme is lying. Can anyone else think of anything?

I don't really think this is enough to lynch meme. Anyone else got any ideas?
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:33 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

MeMe, why'd you protect Stewie instead of Thesp?
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:17 pm

Post by MeMe »

For three reasons, Yggdrasil.

1) If there was another doctor, I expected that he would protect Thesp
2) As stated yesterday, Stewie was the person I most trusted
3) CoolBot was accusing Thesp & I was accusing CoolBot. I thought that if either of them were innocent, he/both might have a good chance of being left alone because suspicious people are often left for lynch-bait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stewie...I think you've just stepped in it. At the beginning of today you said:
Stewie wrote:Before we do that, we should discuss the existance of a serial killer (we did have two kills last night, and if they can't be explained then there is probably a sk).
When you said that, I read it as "I'm a doctor who protected Thesp...since he's dead he must have been targeted twice" -- which is the ONLY pro-town meaning I can wring from it. How ELSE could a pro-town player know that there were two kills last night when there's only one reflected in the morning scene? You didn't claim doctor, though...and the only other interpretation of your post that I can see is "I'm a killer & my kill failed." You know, like it would if you targeted an unkillable at night player.

And the fact that CoolBot was blocked last night does nothing to confirm your alignment as, according to the front page, scum had access to everything except vigilante & backups.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for other explanations on Thesp's knowing Phoebus was lying...I can come up with two.

1) Thesp was a nightwatchman and knew that Phoebus didn't go out one of the nights that he claimed to
2) Phoebus purchased doctor later than he claimed & Thesp was a role cop who checked him earlier and knew he didn't hold the role of doctor the entire game, as he claimed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will be voting Stewie unless he can come up with a wowser of an explanation pretty darn quick for how he knew there "were two kills last night" when he didn't claim any ability that explains the knowledge.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:32 pm

Post by Stewie »

There were two kills last night as in the night Nai died. I said last when I meant the one before the last. Obiously last night there was only one kill - but there was no need to recall that since it had just happened. Since there was only one kill last night, and two the night before, we have to explain the kill the night before last or else there's a sk.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:34 pm

Post by Stewie »

There were two kills last night as in the night Nai died. I said last when I meant the one before the last. Obiously last night there was only one kill - but there was no need to recall that since it had just happened. Since there was only one kill last night, and two the night before, we have to explain the kill the night before last or else there's a sk.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:59 pm

Post by MeMe »

Hmm...gotta admit that sounds
kinda
plausible.

Another question, though: since you blocked CoolBot last night, you should've been fairly sure that he wasn't responsible for Thesp's death. Why then did you put forth his name as the first claimant?
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:11 pm

Post by Stewie »

I think that at this point it is very important to figure out if there's a sk or not. I know coolbot couldn't have killed thesp, but maybe he targetted someone else. Once you came out I figured the information I have is useless. If you are telling the truth then both me and you were safe yesterday, and whether the scum is Ygg or Coolbot (or both) they could have only targetted each other for my block to make a difference.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:12 pm

Post by Stewie »

I think that at this point it is very important to figure out if there's a sk or not. I know coolbot couldn't have killed thesp, but maybe he targetted someone else. Once you came out I figured the information I have is useless. If you are telling the truth then both me and you were safe yesterday, and whether the scum is Ygg or Coolbot (or both) they could have only targetted each other for my block to make a difference.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:14 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

1) We still need CoolBot to answer whether or not MeMe went out night 1.
For quotation (so CB can say something else in his post):
MeMe went out night 3
MeMe did not go out night 3

2) Stewie didn't answer MeMe's question. Why did you want CB to claim first?

3) I think the most likely explanation of Thesp's knowledge that Phoebus was lying is that he was nightwatchman. This meshes well with Stewie's claim that blocking Phoebus night 3 did not stop the mafia's kill from going through. However, if you believe that Thesp was an ability cop, I think I could be a reasonably confirmed innocent. If he had investigated me, he would have gotten Townie as my role, which signals to him that I am clearly pro-town. This could be one explanation as to why he kept saying that I'm unlikely to be mafia. However, I don't think he's ability cop because I don't think doctor would show up as being different whether the person is mafia or town.

4) I think there is a SK and we need to lynch the mafia/SK and vig the other tonight to ensure a town victory. If we kill only one, we're left with one pro-town and one anti-town tomorrow.

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:34 am

Post by MeMe »

Yggdrasil -- an ability cop is different than an alignment cop. I believe that, if you're telling the truth, an ability cop would have, prior to last night, gotten "Yggdrasil has no abilities" rather than "townie" and, for that reason, I don't think you could be "reasonably confirmed as innocent" even if we knew for sure that Thesp
was
an ability cop and that he checked you. Regardless, it's academic at this point.

I think it's imperative that we figure out
Thesp's
killer -- the one killer we're
sure
exists. Because of that, I believe that CoolBot should be completely removed from consideration today.
I
still think it's probable that we've never had an SK...and it's also possible that Nai & Phoebus were a 2-person group and we've
only
got an SK left. In my opinion, lynching (or vigging) last night's killer could win the game for us outright and, because of that, we should focus on figuring out who we think was responsible for that and formulating a plan. Whether we've got one killer or two killers left, though, I don't believe no-lynch is an option because:

1) if it's Stewie, he could block my protection to be sure of a kill.
2) if it's me, you guys are out of luck trying to get rid of me overnight.
3) if it's Yggdrasil, no one can kill him at night...and blocking him (or protecting his target) simply puts us in the same boat tomorrow.
4) if it's CoolBot, there's still a second killer and we'd be banking on them targeting each other

CoolBot -- your input is sorely needed.

Pending items:

1) CoolBot, please confirm that I stayed put night 3
2) Stewie, please explain why you suggested CoolBot as first claimant
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:20 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Yggdrasil wrote:4) I think there is a SK and we need to lynch the mafia/SK and vig the other tonight to ensure a town victory. If we kill only one, we're left with one pro-town and one anti-town tomorrow.
On second thought, this is wrong. If we lynch a scum/SK tonight, we can win if MeMe is town and protects the other townie (unless the scum can roleblock MeMe) or if Stewie is town and he roleblocks the remaining scum/SK.

I would consider a setup with two mafia and an SK, especially since the points system would make the scum more powerful than a regular scum group. However, a part of me wants to plan for the worst-case scenario and assume a mafia and SK.

Still waiting on Stewie's and CoolBot's responses.

Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:41 am

Post by Stewie »

I thought I was pretty clear, but after reading my own post I must admit that I wasn't. I thought that if there was a sk, coolbot was probably it, so I wanted him to claim first.
2) if it's me, you guys are out of luck trying to get rid of me overnight.

I think that if it's you, we pretty much have to lynch you right now or we lose. Unless we go no lynch and there's only one kill, in which case we could get you tomorrow.
3) if it's Yggdrasil, no one can kill him at night...and blocking him (or protecting his target) simply puts us in the same boat tomorrow.
Why can't he be killed at night? He said he bought one shot vigi.

Right now I'd like to hear from coolbot, more specifically his result.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:47 am

Post by MeMe »

Stewie wrote:
MeMe wrote:
Why can't he be killed at night? He said he bought one shot vigi.
The scenario is "if we've only got one killer left & Yggdrasil's it." Yeah, he claimed one-shot vig...but the chance of him vigging himself is pretty remote, I'd say. And, since no one else has claimed a night-kill ability, he can't be killed overnight if he's the only baddie left.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:32 am

Post by MeMe »

I was just checking CoolBot's posts (to see if he's been elsewhere) and he posted in V/LA that he's without net access all weekend.

So that explains that.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:12 pm

Post by Stewie »

I suppose we'll hear from him tomorrow then.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:57 am

Post by CoolBot »

[/quote] CoolBot, please confirm that I stayed put night 3 [/quote]
Yes, you did.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:00 am

Post by MeMe »

What's your preference today, CoolBot? Lynch me, lynch Stewie, lynch Ygg's replacement, or no-lynch?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:47 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Leaning towards Ygg.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:09 am

Post by MeMe »

Huh.
I'm
leaning toward Stewie.

Stewie & Ygg-replacement...do you agree that CoolBot should not be under consideration for lynching today?

armlx...any news on a replacement?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:53 am

Post by armlx »

A replacement is hopefully on its way. I'm working out the details with StD and Speedy (some sort of 3 way replacement thin since Speedy can't replace here due to prior game knowledge).
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”