Mafia 104 - Revenge of the Crimson King - Game!

Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Socrates »

Ignore my remark about RBT attacking Reck, thats madness as the Jupiter mafia already has had their Godfather revealed, and he isn't NK immune:
Seraphim wrote:
Exalt's role PM wrote: You are a
Jupiter Mafia Godfather

You win when your faction makes up a majority of the town and nothing can prevent this from happening.

Abilities:

Godfather:
You are in charge of all Mafia activities such as kills and other actions. Any PMs you send will have final priority if there is any confusion concerning night actions. In fact, I recommend that you send me all night actions in one PMs to prevent this confusion.

Anti-Miller:
Any attempts to investigate you will fail and give the investagator a failed result.

-FACTIONAL ABILITIES REMOVED-
Reck, The only thing I can come up with that makes any sort of sense to me is that the third kill flavor is the SK who declined to kill for the first few nights in order to hide his presence or that Tar guessed correctly multiple times.

Tar, who did you protect on the first 2 nights?
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Pads »

Alright, my other game finished, and I had to spend a couple of days kicking puppies, but now I'm ready to focus on this game.

Although it is amusing to think that 4-6 of you might be scum all trying to trick each other, I don't think we're in multiscum.

Right now, the NUMBER of kills strongly indicates a mere two killing parties. (Yes, I realize there was a vig, but there were no 'sliced open' kills).

Curiously, no one seems to believe that 'brutally murdered' is anything other than a SK because of the NATURE of the flavor.

Alright, well if we're playing the 'flavor nature' game, answer me this: Does 'shot' sound pretty standard for a mafia kill? I'm going to assume everyone answered yes.

What about 'blood loss'? Not so much, I bet.

Granted, 'blood loss' is how everyone dies, in fact, that's what dying is! But being said in such a way sure doesn't sound like two guidos coming to your front door to shoot you, or a vicious serial killer stabbing you in the face.

My point? We know that one 'shot' came from MonkeyMan, because we know he targetted SensFan (going to assume no one thinks RayFrost lied), and he possessed no other ability to target a player because he was a Goon.

After his death, we had another shot. So we know atleast two people can generate the 'shot' kill flavor. Could it be..... the other goon(s)? But last night, the kill came from someone else. Someone who doesn't have an obviously-gun-based killing method. A power role, perhaps?

I can't be the only one in this game who's seen each different mafia role/player have a different kill flavor, especially when there's trackers, so the town can better figure out who did what on what nights.

***I don't see any way that we can say that a multiscum setup has been proven/supported by the different kill flavor, because we don't know how the kill flavors are assigned.***

Besides, the alternative is that there is a second group that has just been (a) not killing, or (b) having their kill attempts masked by what must be an amazing series of circumstances. Both of these are pretty far-fetched, especially as the alternatives to something as simple as "somebody else did the killing last night".

So, I'm sticking with a single scum theory, plus an SK. And for the record, I believe that the choice of victims from the brutally murdering individual reveals him/her to be a Serial Killer more than the nature of the flavor.

Alright, now for some actual scum hunting.

Riceballtail wrote: VOTE:Tar

New kill flavor? I'm convinced of a second scum faction now. My guess is Tar is highly interested in self-protection for being the last Jupiter. This may be way out on a limb, but I refuse to dismiss the idea just because Tar may very well know there's a second team and can fake it.
Why would scumTar confirm the game setup when doubting its existence would be both reasonable and to his advatange? I think you and your buddies are determined to make 'multiscum' the talk of the town.

And the Tar vote is terrible. You and your scumteam know you can't kill Tar at night (I've already explained why I think Tar is almost certainly town), so you're trying to lynch him for whatever reason you can fabricate (No chance that a townie Doctor/Roleblocker would be 'highly interested' in protecting himself, eh?).

If we lynch RBT and get scum, it's all but certain that Raivann is also mafia. The scum can't night kill townTar, so they're likely looking for a way to lynch him. If Raivann was town the scum would just barn Tar's case against Raivann, and then hold Tar accountable for the mislynch. But if they're attacking Tar instead. it indicates that they know he's right about Raivann, and don't want him gaining credibility (while alive).

Conversely, if we lynch Raivann and get scum, Riceballtail has a healthy chance of flipping scum, too. Who can guess what Riceballtail's stated opinion of Raivann and the Raivann wagon is? Nothing. Not a thing either way, except that Tar is scummy for focusing on Raivann. That's out of place for someone who has been willing to lynch just about everyone else.

Of the two, I'm preferring the Raivann lynch. Either way, I want to hear what they have to say about RBT at L-1 before I vote.

Serial Killer thoughts

Some deeper review of xReckonerx's situation reveals that I was wrong about him yesterday. He's not the SK. I speculated that a claimed bulletproof townie was, in fact, likely to be a bulletproof SK. I further speculated that the 'townie' result muh had gotten on his investigation of Reckoner was the result of another ability common to Serial Killers. However, that is clearly not the case in this game.
Seraphim wrote:
Glork wrote: Mod: Please define "failed result." Does that mean the investigation will show him as being Innocent, or will the Investigator be told that is attempt failed to obtain an alignment altogether?
A failed result is the same as a no result.
Muh gave an 'innocent' report on Reckoner. There's no way a Godfather's investigation ability gives a 'no result' while a Serial Killer's investigation ability gives an 'innocent' result. Reckoner is town.

I think someone else mentioned it today, but Tar is also not the Serial Killer unless something immensely funky is going on, due to what looks like a blocked kill on Night 3 at the same time someone was brutally murdered.

We can assume Slicey is not the Serial Killer.

Trumpet of Doom stands a realistic chance of being the Serial Killer. Empking asked if Dev was vote worthy, and Vaya was ToD's vote yesterday.
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:49 am

Post by Merkabah »

After reading your post Pads, I'm not sure why you prefer a Raivann lynch to an RBT lynch. Seems to me that at best you would see them as equitable.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

If Pads is scum, he's unrevealed trying to get us to deny the existence of his faction. Thus, I suggest lynching RBT. If RBT flips unrevealed, it incriminated Pads for pushing an alternative lynch AND rejecting the idea of multiscum.
Vote: RBT
green shirt thursdays
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Merkabah »

Perhaps you could have waited until, you know, we had had some discussion today....just a thought for next time.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Merkabah wrote:Perhaps you could have waited until, you know, we had had some discussion today....just a thought for next time.
Socrates unvoted RBT, so I think we're at L-1 still.

For those too lazy to go back and look at my earlier claim, targets so far:

N1: Glork
N2: RayFrost
N3: Tarhalindur
N4: Tarhalindur

Considering that Glork is a kill magnet (see: N2) and RayFrost had claimed Tracker by N2, I think it's perfectly possible that I stopped the unrevealed kill N1 and N2.

Pads: We know from kill methods ("shot", specifically) that factions have specific factional kill methods. Nobody's claimed a way for a new kill method to appear, and stranger things have happened re: missing kills.

It has been PROVEN by GAME STATE (3x kill methods that can't be accounted for via claims + we know that all members of the same faction have the same kill method via "shot" kill method and N1 RayFrost track) that there is a second Mafia faction. The fact that you're still denying this is a MASSIVE point against you.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Merkabah wrote:Perhaps you could have waited until, you know, we had had some discussion today....just a thought for next time.
Tarhalindur wrote:Socrates unvoted RBT, so I think we're at L-1 still.
This. I was just trying to make sure everyone knew I was serious about voting RBT. Which, btw...

RBT IS AT L-1. PLEASE NOBODY HAMMER UNLESS DISCUSSION IS OVER.

@Tar: While your last paragraph definitely crossed my mind, what do you think of my suggestion regarding the RBT-Pads connection?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Or maybe if we're lucky, Pads gets SK'd tonight.
green shirt thursdays
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Pads, are you clueless? There's the whole multiscum thing Tar just explained (again), there's what Merk pointed out about your opinion on Raivann vs. RBT, and then there's this:
Pads wrote:Trumpet of Doom stands a realistic chance of being the Serial Killer.
Empking asked if Dev was vote worthy
, and Vaya was ToD's vote yesterday.
Bolded is what we call "complete and utter bullshit." Let's take a look at the post in question (555, iso 4):
Empking wrote:Dev: Vote worthy?
which was pretty clearly a reaction to this:
Devestation (554) wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:
Glork wrote:Cyber, this might honestly be the stupidest thing I've ever heard in a mafia game ever. There's a reason that mafia strategies exist, and it's because they give players better odds of winning. To reduce my scrutiny of your play to "inductive reasoning" is to attack the use of strategies and playstyles regardless of their nature. If you want to continue this discussion, make a thread in Mafia Discussion after this game ends.
cool story bro
Vote Cyberbob

That was just totally useless in every possible way.
I think it's pretty obvious that Empking wasn't asking if Devestation was vote worthy, he was asking Devestation if Cyberbob's uselessness was vote worthy.

Raivann's scum, RBT's scum, Pads is almost certainly scum, Reck's my best bet for SK right now.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Vote Count

Riceballtail -
(Tarhalindur, Wickedestjr, Merkabah, Trumpet of Doom, xRECKONERx)
Tarhalindur -
(Riceballtail)

Not voting: Pads, Slicey, Raivann, zoraster, Socrates

With 11 alive it will take 6 to lynch.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

ATTN TOD

Why m i sk? IF you think im sk, then im inv-immune... and you thnik im bp too? or what?

im just trying to fgure out why youre still pushing this when i have been confirmed inv-innocent.
green shirt thursdays
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Mostly because Pads' point about Exalt's PM and muh's investigation didn't register the first time I saw it. And because I still need to take a close look at Merk, who's the other main name being thrown around as possible SK. I guess I'll accept you as confirmed town.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I mean dont xcept me if u dont blive it
green shirt thursdays
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:52 pm

Post by Pads »

Yeah, that was about the reaction I expected. And, oh goodie, another game where I have to be the catcher in the rye.
Merkabah wrote: After reading your post Pads, I'm not sure why you prefer a Raivann lynch to an RBT lynch. Seems to me that at best you would see them as equitable.
I discussed it in an earlier post. Riceballtail, for all his scummy actions, has some town-like behavior. He's defiant, confrontational, and self-righteous, all town like traits.

On the other hand, The Big Book of Behavioral Analysis tells me that Raivann is non-confrontational, actively lurky, and basically not playing the game other than asking for muh's lynch; scummy characteristics, every one.

Besides, a Raivann lynch may illuminate why all of a sudden everyone seems to want Riceballtail's head today instead of the far better case on a far scummier individual who's done nothing but point at a vulnerable townie all game and hammer a person he didn't find scummy.

Tarhalindur wrote: Pads: We know from kill methods ("shot", specifically) that factions have specific factional kill methods.
We don't know that at all.

I've seen kill flavors distributed in three different ways.

a) Each individual who is a member of a mafia has their own kill flavor.
b) Within a given mafia, each member has the same kill flavor.
c) Within a given mafia, each different role has its own kill flavor.

Obviously, (a) is poo-pooed, since both Monkey and someone who is not Monkey can generate a 'shot' kill method. But the other two possibilities are still in play.

Tarhalindur wrote:Nobody's claimed a way for a new kill method to appear,
Damn, we should have done "massclaim + if you were a scum, what would your kill method be".

Tarhalindur wrote: and stranger things have happened re: missing kills.
True enough. And the theory that Jupiter Mafia was testing Reckoner or gunning for you again is not unreasonable. But so far I haven't seen anything that's not explainable by a single mafia.

Trumpet of Doom wrote: I think it's pretty obvious that Empking wasn't asking if Devestation was vote worthy, he was asking Devestation if Cyberbob's uselessness was vote worthy.
Yup, I agree. I had read the Empking quote in iso. My mistake. But it still shows genuine suspicion of Devestation by Empking, no? He finds Devestation's vote of Cyberbob to be questionable.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:39 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
Mod: What is your policy on using public information (posts/death-revealed alignment) from games that should be finished but are instead ongoing due to effective mod abandonment? (There's a technically ongoing game I was in that's been in twilight with three players alive for over three weeks now but where the end scene hasn't been posted due to the mod vanishing for over two weeks, and I'd really like to haul it out as evidence sooner rather than later.)
If it's not actually finished, don't talk about it.
And I certainly wish it was finished, so I can point out things from that game too (because I can defend my actions here rather well using said game).

That said, I'm going to laugh when you all see me flip town and realize that having the guts to call Tar out for this could have saved the town.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Unvote
. Honets appeal to emotion imo
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:32 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Okay, moral of the story from my posts last night - don't get wasted then MafiaScum. Sorry for the incoherent posts.

Despite being drunk, though, I'm not sure how I feel about a RBT lynch today. I was totally serious about one yesterday, but after post 1264... I just don't know. The wagon formed way too quick for me to think RBT is unrevealed, and his AtE actually seemed earnest (maybe I'm just a sucker, but I don't see AtE as a 100% scumtell).
Vote: Raivann
, I think he's a much better lynch given how strongly I felt about Raiv-scum yesterday.

I'm going to iso-read each player and give my thoughts at some point today.
green shirt thursdays
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Merkabah »

Slow all this discussion down people. Everybody will get a turn to talk!

I really don't like lynches that are foregone conclusions because it ruins the day since everyone just votes and then goes silent.

I don't really agree with the reasons being presented to switch off of RBT for Raivann. Raivann's silence demonstrates even further that he's guaranteed scum. There is no reason for the town to do the work of an opposing scum faction. If the opposing scum does not kill Raivann tonight, then they face the chance to lose one or members on future nights.

We should lynch RBT, who also seems like to be scum in my book, and let the rest of them sort out Raivann tonight.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:20 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Does post 1267 read like the last Jupiter mafia trying to offer a "deal" to the unrevealed faction & SK?
green shirt thursdays
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:35 am

Post by Merkabah »

Reckoner, try to up your standards a bit and read beyond the surface level.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:51 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Wouldn't that be...exactly what I was doing
green shirt thursdays
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Wait a second. Hasn't Pads shown that xRx is confirmed town? Some players seem to still believe that he is SK. I'm confused.

As for the setup, I've been thinking of another possibility. What if the other kill is due to a cult group. Don't cult recruiters have the choice to either recruit or kill during the night. Maybe they chose to recruit the first three nights and now don't want to take any more risks of accidentally picking scum during the night so have decided to kill. I don't know how common cults are in large normals, but the situation seems to point towards that possibility. Thoughts?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:03 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Everybody hates cults.

Seraphim setups are fun and never awful.

Therefore, there cannot be a cult in this setup.

AND, cults aren't normal.
green shirt thursdays
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

danakillsu replaces Slicey.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net