BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:33 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Save The Dragons wrote:
jeep wrote:but I'll happily switch to StD.
*feels betrayed*
*cries*
*still thinks HezLucky's the way to go*

HEY! You guys misread my post and distorted it. No. Bad people. Bad, bad people. Stop that.
Save The Dragons wrote: Once we kill you and if you are innocent, I'm going to try and figure out why jeep was so adament about killing you,
and if I can't find a reason
, I'll
vote
him.
Keywords are bolded. Meaning I have faith that the "uberpro" jeep's going to at least come up with something, and if he doesn't, then obviously something's wrong, because he just got HezLucky lynched and I'm not 100% sure why.

And then there's this whole vote thing. You know, like this.

Unvote, Vote jeep

Unvote, Vote Speedy

Unvote, Vote Babyjesus

Unvote, Vote Roland

Unvote, Vote Enigma

Unvote, Vote Thesp

Have I lynched one of you yet? No. My vote is weak and powerless if not in the collective.

I never said we should lynch jeep. I never advocated his lynch. And sorry to pull out the WIFOM, but this game is named Back to Gambits! I'm not going to play a stupid gambit and hope that the people who I know would recognize those gambits (like Speedy and Jeep) wouldn't notice.

Happy, town? Or are you just going to kill me anyway?
unvote, vote jeep
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:15 pm

Post by jeep »

Actually, now, I'm pretty sure dybeck and StD are BOTH scum.

-JEEP
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:28 pm

Post by Thesp »

I'm leaning towards this. I'm feeling much more confident about dybeck being scum, though.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:25 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

[spork]

unvote vote SpeedyKQ

doth blcakberry kno something we dont?
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:27 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

[/spork]

:|
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:37 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Anybody could know something we don't....

In fact, most people probably do.

I don't believe in that logic. But your deflection of the STD bandwagon is noted, and has changed my stance from "iunno" to "yeah, he's a good lynch".

Unvote Jeep, Vote: STD
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:45 am

Post by Cadmium »

Vote count:

1 PookyTheMagicalBear (EnterYourNameHere)
1 vikingfan (kristocker)
1 BabyJesus (Assasin)
2 jeep (dybeck, BabyJesus)
1 HezLucky (Fuldu)
1 dybeck (Thesp)
2 SpeedyKQ (Blackberry, rolandofthewhite)
8 Save The Dragons (SpeedyKQ, Puzzle, vikingfan, Thoth, PookyTheMagicalBear, jeep, Enigma91, HezLucky)

1 Thesp (Save The Dragons)

not voting (4): Astronaut, big_kahunia, Mastermind of Sin, Pariah

12 to lynch
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:25 am

Post by Puzzle »

I still like STD :) ... as a vote :( ... but I'm opening to a Dybeck wagon.
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:41 am

Post by vikingfan »

Maybe I missed it but what's the logic behind a dybeck wagon?
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:13 am

Post by BabyJesus »

unvote, vote Astronaut
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:33 am

Post by Blackberry »

Is STD going to claim?

Btw Babyjesus, you are right... I've seen Astronaut on mafiascum chat alot but he seems to not be posting so much... I don't like lurkers :evil: .

But I'd rather STD claim first :P .
kristocker
kristocker
Goon
kristocker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:06 pm

Post by kristocker »

Save the Dragons wrote:Once we kill you and if you are innocent, I'm going to try and figure out why jeep was so adament about killing you, and if I can't find a reason, I'll vote him.
StD, you bolded what you think are the key words. I think the key words are "why jeep was so adament about killing you." Hasn't he made it clear that his vote and subsequent bandwagon were based on the illogic that it is good to lynch a player you consider to be "pro"?
Save the Dragons wrote:Meaning I have faith that the "uberpro" jeep's going to at least come up with something, and if he doesn't, then obviously something's wrong, because he just got HezLucky lynched and I'm not 100% sure why.
You're not sure why jeep has HezLucky lynched or not sure if jeep will come up with something?

Since I have been gone most of today, I find it disturbing that an StD bandwagon seemed to jump out of nowhere. Granted, he needs to explain some of his posts, and (as of the time I am writing this) since he has eight votes already, he needs to claim. I will give him time to claim and clear up my questions before I vote.

Also, jeep's reaction to HezLucky's vote was odd, since it appears HezLucky actually meant for it to be a temporary vote with flavor text. But since jeep has jumped off that wagon, it doesn't seem to have wheels. Just noting my impression.
[size=84]And before we kill, me just want say one ting├óÔé¼┬ªDis one small swing for croc, one giant blow for croc-kind.[/size]
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:12 pm

Post by Astronaut »

BabyJesus wrote:unvote, vote Astronaut
Blackberry wrote:Btw Babyjesus, you are right...
True, I haven't been posting much in this game, mainly because I've found the jeep/HezLucky thing very little interesting.

The STD bandwagon looks interesting, won't add my vote, though, since he's already at 8. And dybeck needs to explain his explanation behind his vote.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Puzzle »

To clarify, Dybeck jumping on a side track from STD's quick wagon seems like he wants to show he wants no part in it.
His post #106 shows that he wants to point the town to voting patterns when at the same time, he remains on a simple random vote (on me, which is obviously even more scummy). He takes position only after Thesp catches him on that in #123 and then affirms that he wants to stay off from the main wagon by joining the Jeep one which obviously wouldn't take off at this point (#145).
This is why I'm beginning to consider a Dybeck wagon more and more.

As for STD, I was already itching when SpeedyKQ posted his first vote, due to STD strawmaning Jeep in his #122.
His view on the Bookie-BJ thing was slightly suspicious already, due to his serious encouragement on the topic (posts #44 referring to BJ's sig as hint for the bookie).
The fact that he didn't mention me in his #148 was a sign of despise that makes me want to stick on him until he gives me some form of recognition.
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:43 am

Post by Thesp »

The logic behind my dybeck vote comes from his posts: I thought his comment here...
dybeck wrote:There's no way we should lynch BabyJesus just because of his reputation as a Day 1 lynch.

If we're going to lynch him, it should be for all the reasons we usually lynch him.
...presupposed we should lynch BabyJesus, which was odd. His characterization of an OMGUS was unnecessarily harsh as well, then explicitly states that "whoever we lynch tonight, we're going to be able to tell a lot from voting patterns here", despite his not having cast a vote. The other possibility I considered was thrown out the window when he called his lack of a vote "an oversight". This play is not only unusual to me, it is play that I feel would more likely come from scum than town. Hence, my vote.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:40 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

WARNING: I get bitter when I'm injustly wagoned, so bear with me. I'm not mad at anyone. Any venom spewed from my mouth is not to be taken outside the context of the game.

You call that a wagon? Bring it on. I believe (beyond the scope of the game) that wagons should be able to disipate with defenses, not just claims. So I'd rather defend myself than claim right now. If you show me otherwise, then I'll claim, but until then, I'm going to defend myself.
kristocker wrote:
StD, you bolded what you think are the key words. I think the key words are "why jeep was so adament about killing you." Hasn't he made it clear that his vote and subsequent bandwagon were based on the illogic that it is good to lynch a player you consider to be "pro"?

You're not sure why jeep has HezLucky lynched or not sure if jeep will come up with something?
(Bolded numbering by yours truely.)

Well, yeah, but I'd at least like to re-evaluate it. Many votes can go under the guise of something pro-town because the town makes mistakes and makes it easy for the scum. Here's another example: My wagon.

I'm iffy about jeep's vote not based on its logic, but based on the frevor he had. I have faith that jeep would come up with something, honest or not, cuz really, I dunno, he could be innocent, and I wasn't setting him up for a lynch, just stating that if Hezlucky is innocent, I'm going to wonder why jeep went crazy, just like I would if jeep were lynched and found innocent today; I would wonder why Hezlucky went crazy.

Puzzle. You're crazy.
Puzzle wrote:As for STD, I was already itching when SpeedyKQ posted his first vote, due to STD strawmaning Jeep in his #122.
It was a called shot and it doesn't prove a thing, just that I'm an idiot player regardless of my alignment.
Puzzle wrote:His view on the Bookie-BJ thing was slightly suspicious already, due to his serious encouragement on the topic (posts #44 referring to BJ's sig as hint for the bookie).
Save The Dragons wrote:Actually, if the bookie is a new or relatively new player, all they have to see is his sig, and they may believe it enough to pick him.
Encouragement? What encouragement? It's a fricken brainstorm, completely neutral. Nowhere do I state that we should lynch BJ in this post. And besides, I've already countered this same accusation in post 58 because people were getting ancy about it I'll repeat. I NEVER ENCOURAGED A BJ LYNCH DESPITE THE FACT THAT HE PROBABLY IS THE BOOKIE'S CHOICE IF THE BOOKIE IS NOT DEAD OR BJ HIMSELF.
FOS: Dr. Spin

Puzzle wrote:The fact that he didn't mention me in his #148 was a sign of despise that makes me want to stick on him until he gives me some form of recognition.
You know how much this depresses me? It upsets me on so many levels. Not only did you miss the mark (and I mean you're
way
off), but this is just pathetic.

I wasn't voting for every fricken person on my wagon. I was showing you the frailty of my vote. You know, this one:
Save The Dragons wrote:and if I can't find a reason, I'll
vote
him.
One vote in a sea of faces. It's worthless, and you act like my one vote's going to topple the whole building down. And it's not even promised. It's not a certain fact that I was going to vote jeep tommorrow.

And you want reckognition for being on my wagon? Why the hell do you want that? But you'll get it. It's time for everyone's favorite game:

DENOUNCE THAT WAGON!

Our first conetestant is SpeedyKQ. I'll admit, he's one sharp cookie. But then again, I was talking about a personal prefrence, not what the town should do. So saying I said, "Let's lynch one today and one tommorrow" is incorrect. And if I were scum I would hope that I'm more subtle. Cuz if that's as good as I play, I may have to revoke my inexperience-challegedness. I may have to anyone.

Next up, it's Puzzle! That's right folks. He had an inkling that I was scummy for saying that, but waited until Speedy posted to follow the wagon. In fact, he posted in between my post and Speedy's and not one word of his suspicion. Somebody doesn't want to take the fall. Let's see who's behind door number 3!

3rd time's a charm, they say. It's none other than vikingfan! I'm speechless about his vote, but it looks like I'm not alone on that.

And then there's BabyJesus. Who knows what he's thinking.

And then there's Thoth. I disagree.

And, who's this? Why, it's Pooky!

Wow. Except for babyjesus, I'd say you three are gunning for a claim; am I right? Meaning I'm just spitting out useless words. Did you want a claim all along? Is this how mafia should be played?

Who could forget about our uberpro jeep? See above. And your convinced. Yet you also could have said something before speedy, but chose not to. Obviously my defense didn't wow you. I'm going to keep trying. I'd rather die with honor, but I'll claim if neccessary. Personally, I believe "save your skin" means bitch about the wagon until the town realizes I made a stupid mistake, which I'm so prone to do instead of claim on the spot. So, like, if you could give me a hint as to something to say that may at least have a chance of changing your mind (like something to defend against that I haven't already) that'd be appriciated.

Oh yes, and Enigma. Again, I'm being screwed because I can't speak well. Again, no lynch was ever mentioned. If you find the word "lynch" then I'll eat my hat and succumb to death. Alright, I'll bite, I did say "kill" Hezlucky. But guess what. I thought he was scum. I still think it's possible. Obviously by the way you're at my throat, you understand wanting to kill those you
love
think are scummy.

And here's a late breaking addition! HezLucky. You vote me because roland voted someone else? If you're accusing roland then accuse roland, but don't point and me, look at roland, and cry "Scum!" cuz it makes no sense.

And hey, Puzzle, if you saw who I voted for and thought they were all on my wagon, did you happen to catch the exception? You want scum? Find it where my intentions were misinturpreted.

That was fun! Let's do this again sometime...say...2-3 votes into the future?
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:24 pm

Post by Astronaut »

dybeck wrote:An oversight. vote: Jeep.

You will, eventually, realise that I'm right about this.
Do you know something or are you just cleverer than the rest of us?
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:14 pm

Post by jeep »

Save The Dragons wrote: Who could forget about our uberpro jeep? See above. And your convinced. Yet you also could have said something before speedy, but chose not to.
?? Say something before Speedy? You mean like this?
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 599#206599

I'm MORE than happy with my vote.

-JEEP
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:58 pm

jeep wrote:but I'll happily switch to StD.
I thought for a second there I made a mistake, but I don't count this as mentioning something about what I said. Did you mean it? I couldn't have known. Your newest allegation is nothing more than craplogic.

And still, it changes nothing:

1) you want blood.
2) you still won't give me a bone. You're convinced. I may have to claim, and that's something I don't want to be forced into doing.
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:26 pm

Post by Pariah »

STD's explanation seems solid...but the way he's hesitating to claim kind of bugs me, it sounds sort of like scum fabricating a power role claim...or it could just be a town player with a powerful role not wanting to claim.
Tales of Monkey Island - made by the guys who brought back Sam and Max!

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:33 pm

Scum can fabricate something?
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:47 pm

Post by Puzzle »

Thank you for the recognition, STD. :D . Look, people, somebody intelligent is talking aobut me !
I can't say the explanations were convincing but :
- there is nothing really to explain.
- the case is still quite weak.
- his wagon was as fast as a descent on the highway to hell.

Now that STD has given an effort of defense and stood up instead of claiming a vanilla (not that I expected something else), I feel ready to
unvote STD, vote Dybeck
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:45 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

I also agree with the suspicions of dybeck, but I still think STD is the better choice.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:54 am

Post by jeep »

I'd be happy lynching either of them. The other should die tonight, anyway. Scum want to kill off the opposing scum, and I'm so convinced they are both scum.
Your newest allegation is nothing more than craplogic.
What is my newest allegation?

Oh and check out V/LA.

-JEEP
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:15 am

I tried to use a legal term, but a quick trip to dictionary.com tells me it doesn't make sense. I'll say accusation then.

I told you that you didn't mention your suspicion before Speedy did.

You come back saying you did.

You didn't, I say so.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”