Newbie 892 - The Future of Magic. Game Over! Mafia Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Haylen »

The Jigglypuff Vote Count

The Tracker: RayFrost
Dimaba: Yosarian2
Easjo682: Dimaba

Not Voting: LordChronos; easjo682; The Tracker; Doctor

Deadline is Tuesday 2nd February, at 9pm England time. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Good luck! ^.^
Last edited by Haylen on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

dimaba wrote: I stuck with Tracker for most of Day 1 and all that time I said I thought he should be the one to lynch eventually. That didn't change when I withdrew my vote, as I said I just didn't want to lynch yet because I wasn't certain enough.
That's not the vibe I got from the post where you unvoted:
dimaba wrote:
I am also going to unvote. I have said earlier that the original scumtells on Tracker (LaL-policy and non-participation) have become less valid and in my last post I also mentioned that my later reason for suspicion (agressive response without answering question) has also become less valid. Tracker is at L-2 I think it's better if I withdraw my vote for now.
It dosn't really sound like you thought he should be lynched "eventually" there or whatever.

Basically, my problem with your play is this; your first post, where you agree with RayFrost's argumetns against Tracker, also suggest Tracker might have been rolefishing, and vote Tracker, was fine, that looks like scumhunting. The problem is that I really don't see any other post you've made all game that looks like you've been going after people you think are scum or really trying to figure out who the scum are.
After I dropped my tracker vote, it took two pages to lynch cdubs. I didn't post on those pages, so there was hardly a chance for me to express new opinions, was there?
Well, fair enough, it was very sudden.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:56 am

Post by dimaba »

Yosarian2 wrote:The problem is that I really don't see any other post you've made all game that looks like you've been going after people you think are scum or really trying to figure out who the scum are.
I disagree (of course). IMO at least posts 111, 122, 172, 243 and 252 all qualify as either going after who I think is scum or trying to figure out who scum are by asking questions. If you feel that isn't enough I will probably have to be more aggressive in going after scum than I have been.
RayFrost wrote:dimaba's suspicion of easjo seems like OMGUS.
If you think I'm OMGSUS-voting, then:
1) Why didn't I go after easjo when she voted for me on day 1? In fact, I pretty much ignored it...

2) Why did I attack easjo (who hasn't even voted for me on day 2 and whose only mention of me on day 2 before I voted for her was "Dimaba: Ive been suspicious of all along") and not Yosarian (who actually voted for and attacked me)?
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:35 am

Post by easjo682 »

@dimaba

some of those posts listed aren't scumhunt posts,

122 is you trying to articulate something you said in post 111
172 is short, something you accused me of as being a scummy thing
243 is short, something you accused me of as being a scummy thing

111 is a scumhunt and opinion post
252 is a scumhunt post

as for whether the vote was OMGUS, it could be either way, (seeing as its me i feel its OMGUS but I'm not exactly impartial here)

i don't want to vote yet and this finger of suspicion will probably come off as OMGUS but
FOS: Dimaba
you are still my prime suspect as i'm sure everyone knows
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:51 am

Post by dimaba »

easjo682 wrote: 122 is you trying to articulate something you said in post 111
172 is short, something you accused me of as being a scummy thing
243 is short, something you accused me of as being a scummy thing
I'll hand you that point about 122, maybe I shouldn't have listed that one. I put it on to show that I went further than making comments and accusations from the sideline and engaged in serious discussion.

As for the others, it isn't the length of the post that matters but it's what is said in that length of post. I was asking questions to judge the responses and figure out who was scum. What I was accusing you of wasn't making short posts, it was not using the posts you made to present new ideas, question people or start or join a discussion. Wether you do that in 2 lines or 20 I don't care.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:56 am

Post by RayFrost »

dimaba wrote:
RayFrost wrote:dimaba's suspicion of easjo seems like OMGUS.
If you think I'm OMGSUS-voting, then:
1) Why didn't I go after easjo when she voted for me on day 1? In fact, I pretty much ignored it...

2) Why did I attack easjo (who hasn't even voted for me on day 2 and whose only mention of me on day 2 before I voted for her was "Dimaba: Ive been suspicious of all along") and not Yosarian (who actually voted for and attacked me)?
OMGUS is generally the attacking of an individual upon them attacking you, usually hidden behind flimsy reasoning to suspect them.

Yos2 would be a more dangerous attack choice, considering he's been rather townish and he is far more experienced. (thus more liable to crush you in a 1 v 1 battle of arguments), so it'd be logical to choose easjo.
don't you feel silly now?
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:38 pm

Post by easjo682 »

dimaba wrote: As for the others, it isn't the length of the post that matters but it's what is said in that length of post
Weren't you saying the opposite when attacking me earlier? that the length of the posts were part of what made you suspicious of me, I believe it was at the same point you were suggesting my irregular posting was something to be suspicious of whilst your irregular posting wasn't.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:40 pm

Post by easjo682 »

dimaba wrote: As for the others, it isn't the length of the post that matters but it's what is said in that length of post
Weren't you saying the opposite when attacking me earlier? that the length of the posts were part of what made you suspicious of me, I believe it was at the same point you were suggesting my irregular posting was something to be suspicious of whilst your irregular posting wasn't.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:47 am

Post by dimaba »

easjo682 wrote:Weren't you saying the opposite when attacking me earlier? that the length of the posts were part of what made you suspicious of me, I believe it was at the same point you were suggesting my irregular posting was something to be suspicious of whilst your irregular posting wasn't.
Short and simple, I wasn't. I said lack of content. Lack of content and short posts aren't necessarily the same thing.

@Ray, that still leaves the question why I didn't do it on day 1 when easjo actually made a point of attacking me. As I said, she only mentioned me once on day 2 and I wasn't even the only one she had a bad feeling about. I don't think that's strong enough to qualify as an attack.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:29 am

Post by easjo682 »

my posts often contributed to the topic or answered questions which I was asked, I didn't feel I needed to add more than what I ended up adding to them. Just because I don't feel the need to comment on everything people say doesn't constitute lack of content, if there is something I have to say say on someone elses post then I will say but if I don't need to because there is either nothing to be said or because someone else has already said it.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:27 am

Post by LordChronos »

easjo682 wrote:my posts often contributed to the topic or answered questions which I was asked, I didn't feel I needed to add more than what I ended up adding to them. Just because I don't feel the need to comment on everything people say doesn't constitute lack of content, if there is something I have to say say on someone elses post then I will say but if I don't need to because there is either nothing to be said or because someone else has already said it.
Personally, easjo, I find it suspicious that you say this justifying yourself to dimaba, but are willing to attack me asking questions of others instead of posting lists of people I find scummy and why. What makes it more ironic is that you have been accusing dimaba of doing exactly what you are doing, attacking someone else for a behavior you have exhibited.

By the way, in case I forget, I will be V/La 1/21-1/23
I'm a talking computer.
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Doctor »

Well this conversation is going nowhere fast it seems. Both of you are guilty of what you accuse the other of doing. So I think I'll stir up the beehive a little today.

@eas and Dimaba, why have you two been so focused on each other these last few posts, you have both at least admitted to some degree of hipocrasy, argueing about it isn't getting the town nowhere, lets move on, lest we fall into stagnation letting the scum hide behind this.

@rayfrost
your vote has been on tracker some time now, and you state its because he is the most scummy in your eyes. I realize he had some mistakes in day one, but I'd say its been relieved somewhat, and some can be attributed to noobish actions.

I'm just getting the feeling your sticking to the weaker targets, because you havn't really added much about tracker(correct me if im wrong, iIcould be forgetting something.)

I was wondering if you had any other reasons other than what happened early day one.

@lordchronos you seem to be one of the more active posters, and I wonder what you think the scummiest thing you have seen so far has been and from who?(not counting my own screwup I realize thats probably No.1)

@yos I'd like to ask you the same thing.

@Dimaba what is your personal stance on the other players and reasons why, surely you have some personal suspicions of others that may not be attributed to what has been said by the other members of the town, I'd like to hear them.

@eas same thing as dimaba here, I understand your suspicions currently rest on him, but how is it for everyone else and what reasons ?
Would you like a Jelly Baby?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Nah, I think he's town, but I don't have a good target I want to vote atm.

I'm reading along with easjo and dimaba debacle and trying to decide which is the scum, if any.

I'd forgotten my vote was on tracker >.>"
unvote

I don't really keep track of my votes... I think I should start doing so.
don't you feel silly now?
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by easjo682 »

my current opinions on people,

LordChronos: hmm, not certain on this one

RayFrost: Originally seemed a bit suspect to me now I think hes town, is giving a different opinion on things

Yos: A pretty strong town read for me, has been one of the most contributing players with useful insight

Dimaba: the scummiest person in my opinion

Doctor: unlikely to be scum, had a slip up most likely genuine mis-count

Tracker: unlikely to be scum, had a few moments of suspicion

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by easjo682 »

I'd like to hear from everyone what their current stance on people are.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Doctor: Probably a genuine mistake. I'll keep an eye on him but not a vote ATM.

Yoarian: Looks pro-Town to me.

easjo: Few of her posts has low content, not hitting danger levels right now though.

Dimaba: Looking a little strange with his targeting of easjo with accusations of what he's also guilty of. Since he started the discussion, he's more suspect.

Ray: Looking like zealous Town. Genuinely looks like he's actively looking for bad guys.

Chronos: Many of his posts actually look like fillers to me. Doesn't seem to think on his own too much.

The Tracker: Obv Town. Need I say more? XD
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:29 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Doctor wrote: @lordchronos you seem to be one of the more active posters, and I wonder what you think the scummiest thing you have seen so far has been and from who?(not counting my own screwup I realize thats probably No.1)

@yos I'd like to ask you the same thing.
Right now, the scummiest thing I see isn't so much what certain people have done, it's what people are not doing, if that makes any sense.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:32 am

Post by LordChronos »

@Doctor

Discounting your quickhammer, I find that it is hard to pick any one most scummy thing. Possibly your putting words in others' mouths? Possibly dimaba's contradictory actions?

@easjo

Okay, I can do that.

Yosarian: Looks town to me. He posts insightful content and scumhunts.

RayFrost: More townish than scummy. Seems a little aggressive some times.

Tracker: Not sure, he has defended himself fairly well and done some scumhunting, possibly town.

easjo: Slightly scummy. Her posts just don't sit well with me.

dimaba: Hypocrite. Not sure as far as scum/town, though leaning a very little bit toward scum. He seems to me to just be busy, but it could be scum lurking.

Doctor: Probably more scummy than anyone else right now. The combination of the quickhammer on cdubs and the constant throwing words in people's mouths makes me suspicious.
I'm a talking computer.
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:45 am

Post by Doctor »

LordChronos wrote:@Doctor

Discounting your quickhammer, I find that it is hard to pick any one most scummy thing. Possibly your putting words in others' mouths? Possibly dimaba's contradictory actions?

@easjo

Okay, I can do that.

Yosarian: Looks town to me. He posts insightful content and scumhunts.

RayFrost: More townish than scummy. Seems a little aggressive some times.

Tracker: Not sure, he has defended himself fairly well and done some scumhunting, possibly town.

easjo: Slightly scummy. Her posts just don't sit well with me.

dimaba: Hypocrite. Not sure as far as scum/town, though leaning a very little bit toward scum. He seems to me to just be busy, but it could be scum lurking.

Doctor: Probably more scummy than anyone else right now. The combination of the quickhammer on cdubs and the constant throwing words in people's mouths makes me suspicious.
I don't recall throwing words into other peoples mouths, I have asked questions prodding into things others have said, but nowhere have i stated or claimed thats what they said only stating what it could mean, why does poking people where it hursts count as scummy?

Actually I do belive that is considered scum hunting, trying to learn more about how they act and react, learning what they really mean, and as I've stated before I'm mearly poking at the weakpoints in what others say to see if they hold water.

FOS LordChronos
His constant bashing of my scumhunting tactics, however seemingly agressive, are still providing useful information to the town depending on how the others defend. I think you are merely trying to silence me using my accidental hammer as good standing ground
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:52 am

Post by The Tracker »

Well, it looks to me in the case of Doctor he's not really putting words in people's mouths, he's mostly just interpreting (possibly incorrectly) what people are saying. There's nothing wrong with provoking reactions, doing just that is 90% of the game.

Chronos looks like he's tunneling a bit and I follow Doctor's point about him using the lynch as standing ground. It's a rather solid base, but it's also a very easy target. Is he scum trying to steer a lynch? Possibly, but I just have a feeling about Chronos and nothing concrete.

Between Doctor and dimaba I'm finding dimaba scummier. That hypocrisy is starting to flash little warning lights in my head.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by LordChronos »

Just to make sure everyone sees.

V/LA from now until 1/24
I'm a talking computer.
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:02 am

Post by dimaba »

Doctor wrote:@eas and Dimaba, why have you two been so focused on each other these last few posts, you have both at least admitted to some degree of hipocrasy, argueing about it isn't getting the town nowhere, lets move on, lest we fall into stagnation letting the scum hide behind this.
Mostly because there wasn't much else to focus on I think. But I agree, we're going in circles here.
Doctor wrote: @Dimaba what is your personal stance on the other players and reasons why, surely you have some personal suspicions of others that may not be attributed to what has been said by the other members of the town, I'd like to hear them.
Apart from what I think of easjo...

Yosarian: Has been townish all along and makes sense in pretty much everything he says.

Doctor: I like Doctor's posting style/scumhunting style. Not very aggressive but prodding here and there. Made a bad mistake with the hammer, and his FoS-reasoning on Chronos seems a little farfetched atm, but I'm thinking town.

Tracker: What I found suspicious about him on Day 1 is irrelevant now. Probably town

Ray: hasn't been very useful on Day 2 and was quick to come after me when I accused easjo (whereas everyone else pretty much kept their distance). Possibly scum

Chronos: Leaning towards town, although Doctor does have a point about lack of base for accusing him of putting words in peoples' mouth

Have I missed anyone?

I still don't see how I'm being a hypocrit btw, but that's probably my fault.
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:24 am

Post by Doctor »

and his FoS-reasoning on Chronos seems a little farfetched atm, but I'm thinking town.
Thats why its merely a finger of suspicion and not a vote, since my mistake I've decided to be a bit more conservative on my votes, to not make the same mistake again.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

On a side note; one thing we want to be sure of today is that if a person is put to lynch -1, that they be given a chance to claim if they wish to do so before they are lynched. We don't want to repeat what happened yesterday, or we might lose a pro-town power role without even knowing it.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by easjo682 »

Well seeing as my suspicions aren't too likely to change at this point
VOTE: Dimaba
if someone else becomes more suspicious then I will change vote