It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:03 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

*Cue cheap exciting music*
*Raise lights*

Blonde Anchorwoman: Good morning, it is 8AM on day 5. Two tragedies occurred lat night. What investigators believe to be a dog was found burned almost beyond any recognition. The owned has not been identified and has not stepped forward. Our scene reporter has the update on the other terrible event of last night. Locus Cosecant, dog, was found killed night 5.

Nondescript Reporter: Well the town has become painfully used to death recently, however that doesn’t lessen the shock of finding yet another person murdered.
Madam Tracy (RolandoftheWhite) died night 5. Back to you blonde anchorwoman.

Blonde Anchorwoman: Thanks for watching, tune into channel 666 for your evening show, later today.

*Cue cheap exciting music*
*fade out*

It is now Day 5, by my count it’s 9 to lynch.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:10 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

How sad. :(

G'night, folks!
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:37 am

Post by esme »

While we are waiting for some more vibes from pooky and stuff, I have two questions.

1) Who did Blackberry claim to be mason with and do you agree that there are no reasonable good mason role left for them?

2) What do we do about the people who have not participated a long time?

List: Name + Date of last post

Thoth May 30
SubtleTactix May 02
SinisterOverlord Apr 06
PitBull Apr 08
korais Jun 08
electra Apr 06
[size=75]Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.[/size]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:24 am

Post by Fuldu »

Blackberry claimed mason and that AnnoyingPest could verify the claim. It isn't quite the same as claiming that AnnoyingPest is the co-mason, though that's reasonably likely. I don't see any mason roles that I consider likely under the circumstances, so
vote: Blackberry
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:37 am

Post by esme »

In that case, we should insist on AnnoyingPest to comment.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:14 am

Post by mith »

Mods, could you make sure the list of players in the first post is up to date? Wasn't FD replaced, at least?

Vote: korais
again, though I'd be happy with a Blackberry vote as well. Pooky's got our backs though.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:51 am

Post by esme »

Actually,
vote: Blackberry
It might be the best way to get a comment from AnnoyingPest.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:44 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Well, we were right about Genocide Heart, but for the wrong reasons... this is all very interesting, because it means there's still Two Horsepersons left alive. Neither seems likely to have caused a death by fire, though... mith, did you end up killing last night after all? Maybe we've got a one-shot vigilante out there...

I'm a little wobbly on mith now, with the Them outed by Locus Cosecant's death. Fuldu II, who were you thinking mith is yesterday, and does it still jibe? And why is everybody jumping down Blackberry's throat?? Because he didn't vote for GH?
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:44 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

mith: I'm FD's replacement.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:50 am

Post by mith »

I didn't kill, no.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:08 am

Post by Fuldu »

I don't know who mith is; he's pseudo-claimed a believable, but totally unmemorable, minor character. I don't have my book handy to check. I do believe him, though, at least for the time-being. As for the burning death, we still have a demon left, as well, Hastur. I would presume the burning death was his.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:56 am

Post by esme »

Mr. Flay wrote: And why is everybody jumping down Blackberry's throat?? Because he didn't vote for GH?
Blackberry claimed to be a mason with someone else alive to confirm him.
Now tell me two good characters who could be masons with the Witchfinders decimated and the THEM more or less identified.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:04 am

Post by esme »

I will be away for vacation for the next 12 days. There will be some internet, but I don't know how frequent.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:10 am

Post by mneme »

I'm in much the same boat with esme -- I'll be gone from Tuesday night until August 21st, though I'll have my net-accessable cellphone with me (but I'm going to Britain).
Did I say too much?
Annoyingpest
Annoyingpest
Townie
Annoyingpest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:50 am

Post by Annoyingpest »

Genocide Heart wrote:
Blackberry wrote:I'm back from vacation.
Most excellent
Blackberry wrote:I am not pleased that GH has decided to target me, but then again he is in a pretty tight spot. I continue to keep my Olio, for the same reasons as before. I believe he is a horseman.
Especially with a deadline it's imperative that I vote, and I can't really bandwagon on myself. You're simply the top of my list, a position the flimsy argument against olio contributes to.
Blackberry wrote:I would also like to state that I am not scum and that I am a mason role. I'm assuming I am aloud to say that because I didn't disclose which role I am.

Annoyingpest - if you are replacing PitBull I would appreciate if you confirmed my mason role.
1. PitBull has not been replaced. Annoyingpest is replacing The Machine 86 who was replacing KingEnigma (Confusing, ain't it?.)

2. What the hell? How many masons does this game have anyway? All but one (possible) witchfinder are dead and we supposedly have the Them covered. Who are you going to be, the rest of the resident's association? Goddam game has too many masons...
I guess you guys didn't notice this but I did not replace PitBull so I can't confirm Blackberry. I did replace The Machine 86 who was replacing KingEnigma and I'm trying to understand what they have said so far in the game.
Annoyingpest
Annoyingpest
Townie
Annoyingpest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:51 am

Post by Annoyingpest »

Genocide Heart wrote:
Blackberry wrote:I'm back from vacation.
Most excellent
Blackberry wrote:I am not pleased that GH has decided to target me, but then again he is in a pretty tight spot. I continue to keep my Olio, for the same reasons as before. I believe he is a horseman.
Especially with a deadline it's imperative that I vote, and I can't really bandwagon on myself. You're simply the top of my list, a position the flimsy argument against olio contributes to.
Blackberry wrote:I would also like to state that I am not scum and that I am a mason role. I'm assuming I am aloud to say that because I didn't disclose which role I am.

Annoyingpest - if you are replacing PitBull I would appreciate if you confirmed my mason role.
1. PitBull has not been replaced. Annoyingpest is replacing The Machine 86 who was replacing KingEnigma (Confusing, ain't it?.)

2. What the hell? How many masons does this game have anyway? All but one (possible) witchfinder are dead and we supposedly have the Them covered. Who are you going to be, the rest of the resident's association? Goddam game has too many masons...
I guess you guys didn't notice this but I did not replace PitBull so I can't confirm Blackberry. I did replace The Machine 86 who was replacing KingEnigma and I'm trying to understand what they have said so far in the game.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:52 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Wow, I completely forgot about this game

I feel like a moron, i forgot to send in a choice

:(
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:53 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Mea Culpa
Mea Culpa
Mea Maxima Culpa?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:31 pm

Post by Blackberry »

PitBull is my fellow mason. There is only two of us. I don't know who else claimed mason, but I am indeed a good guy...
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:51 pm

Post by Thoth »

Is not the THEM the most likely mason group? There are still 2 of them out there, so they could be part of that group.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:55 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Er... Thoth, I don't know that I can tell you that you're wrong based upon quite obvious information, so I won't. I will recommend that you look at the deaths and at exactly who is claiming what with whom.
To be Continued...
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:33 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Note, also, that between them, PBuG and his replacement PitBull have exactly one post in this game. If I were scum going to fabricate a mason claim, I'd definitely pick a partner that wasn't likely to refute it.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:10 pm

Post by Thoth »

I only looked at the deaths and saw just 2 members of the Them. If someone else claimed to be part of it then Bb and Pb obviously can't be.

I just always have some trouble believing that scum would actually claim mason as it has a 0% chance of working in the long run. At some point it will always become obvious that there's no mason group left and then you've just outed an extra scum partner.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:36 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm actually with Thoth on this one; early and unforced mason claims alaways seem suicidal rather than scummy. BTW Thoth, since DarkLight140 can't tell you himself, the current working theory is that since Locus Cosecant was Dog, DL and DoomCow (now Fuldu II) are the two surviving members of the Them group, presumably pro-town. That does make one of them a fairly unobvious Adam (with no powers?), which I have difficulty with... Fuldu, it appears you're allowed to 'name' mith, even though he can't confirm or deny... what minor character are you thinking? I've been thinking he's Adam for so long that now I'm confused and suspicious...
No pro-town players confirm what someone else says your role name is, unless you want a mod-kill
. Anti-town players of course are free to do what they want... :roll: (which begs the question of what would happen with a false role-claim)

The other mason group, while I'm claiming for other people (this game is so weird), could be something like the Homeowner's association. There's not really many
evil
'groups' left either, unless someone thinks that Blackberry & PitBull are the two Horsemen, or God & the Metatron...

Pooky: DOOM! Or not. :?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:25 am

Post by Fuldu »

No, I'm saying I don't have any idea which minor character mith's claimed. Just that from the context of what he's said, he's saying that he's not on the list and that it's a very particular character from the book. If I had it handy, I'd go look, but it's in storage and I don't feel like digging around. But the fact is that, barring endgame concerns, I believe him for the time-being. It
could
turn out that he's Metatron, an SK who has chosen not to kill until endgame, but I don't yet think that's the case.

On the other, I don't believe that Blackberry is necessarily outing his partner by mentioning Pitbull. If I were scum trying to buy time with a fake mason claim, I'd definitely say that I'm partnered with someone who isn't around to dispute it. If Blackberry turns out to be scum, we should take a look at Pitbull, but it's by no means a good argument against his being anti-town. I'd also point out that Thoth doesn't seem to have appreciated what Locus Cosecant's death tells us, in the way that Mr. Flay has. It's certainly possible that Blackberry thought the same thing.

The short version is that I don't believe there are any unidentified mason groups left, so my vote is on someone who says that there are.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”