Newbie 892 - The Future of Magic. Game Over! Mafia Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by easjo682 »

sorry about the twin posts, the internet doesn't seem to be friendly with mafiascum at the moment

What twin posts? ;) ~ Hayl
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I think I'm gonna reread the thread and give you guys my thoughts, considering that the game is stalling as is.
don't you feel silly now?
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:52 am

Post by dimaba »

Yosarian2 wrote:On a side note; one thing we want to be sure of today is that if a person is put to lynch -1, that they be given a chance to claim if they wish to do so before they are lynched. We don't want to repeat what happened yesterday, or we might lose a pro-town power role without even knowing it.
Quoted for importance.

My vote isn't going to change either. We're 10 days from the deadline now so it's probably time to think about some serious voting.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Haylen »

The Happy Birthday RandomLunatic! Vote Count

Dimaba: Yosarian2, Easjo682
Easjo682: Dimaba

Not Voting: LordChronos; The Tracker; Doctor; RayFrost

Deadline is Tuesday 2nd February, at 9pm England time. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Good luck! ^.^
Last edited by Haylen on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:53 am

Post by Doctor »

Vote: Lordchronos

Same reasons for my FOS, he is the most suspicious too me and we are inching closer and closer to the deadline, of course if something else comes up this is subject to change easily.

One thing I would like to add to my case against LC is that while this is just speculation on my part, its possible he was Role fishing when he repetedly asked why I was attacking some of you like rayfrost.

While its just speculation I would like to point out that possibilty that I thought about at work last night.

Personally despite I think its very anti-town to minimize the information inflow to the town by attacking someones attempt to bring more information to the light.

On a side note, this has been quite dead recently, so everyone who do you think are the scummiest, and why, It would be nice to see some new info on why instead of "he said/shesaid" but not required of course just asking.
Would you like a Jelly Baby?
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:21 am

Post by easjo682 »

yeah I've noticed it's been pretty quiet recently, at this stage there isn't much more for me to say as I've shared my views pretty recently, I'm still waiting for a couple people to share their opinions of people and the situation we are in.

one question for everyone though, are we going to let a no lynch happen?
I don't think we should let a no lynch happen

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:31 am

Post by Doctor »

A no lynch would probably be bad, but thats assuming if we lynch we will get scum, if we mislynch, and then the scum nightkill then we are 3 to 2 while if we don't lynch at all its 4 to 2 but if we screw that day up its all over.

Personally I think we should lynch I think the towns chances are better as is, which is why I'm asking suspicions and reasonings, I think there should be an agreement.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:14 am

Post by LordChronos »

Okay, given that the deadline is coming up, I think we should bring dimaba up to L-1, get a claim and go from there. His hypocrisy in attacking easjo has made me suspicious of him. I still don't really like Doctor's play, but I will accept that for now, we have to make a decision. At this point, it doesn't really matter if we no-lynch or not, we will still be in LyLo tomorrow.

Vote: dimaba
This is the L-1 vote. dimaba, please claim. If anyone quickhammers dimaba, I will do my utmost to have them lynched tomorrow.
I'm a talking computer.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:50 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Sorry I haven't been posting as much recently; i'm kind of on vacation at the moment.

Anyway, as I said before, we don't want anyone to hammer anyone until they have a chance to claim, if they choose to do so.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:40 am

Post by The Tracker »

Not a fan of no lynch unless it's absolutely necessary. Playing mafia means a Townie or two dies no matter what and if we hit a Townie on a lynch then we can look at who was going after that Townie and why. It's a tidy system.

I don't mind a Dimaba lynch, but let's look at his claim.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by dimaba »

I'm a simple Townie.

@lynch/no lynch: always lynch IMO. The benefit of possibly saving a townie doesn't outweigh the lost chance to gain information.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:08 am

Post by Haylen »

RayFrost has been prodded

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:11 am

Post by Haylen »

The Happy Birthday Haylen... Vote Count

Dimaba: Yosarian2, Easjo682, LordChronos (L-1)
Easjo682: Dimaba
LordChronos: Doctor

Not Voting: The Tracker; RayFrost

Deadline is Tuesday 2nd February, at 9pm England time. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Good luck! ^.^

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:45 am

Post by RayFrost »

Happy australia day, people.

and happy birthday to haylen as well?
don't you feel silly now?
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:37 am

Post by easjo682 »

Happy Birthday Haylen! how old is thou?

why does Australia get a day and not New Zealand :(

So Ray, whats your opinion on whats happening?

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:58 am

Post by Haylen »

Thank you! lol, a month and a day late. Ray: You posted in my happy birthday thread on Christmas Day. I'm 19, Jo xD And I forgot to say happy birthday to myself, so I did it now.

The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:12 am

Post by The Tracker »

Dimaba claimed Town. Basically what that means to me is if he's telling the truth we're not lynching a PR. If he's lying scum, we're lynching lying scum. If he's a PR, then if we lynch him there's going to be a whole 'why didn't he say so' rigamarole.

Conclusion: I need a little more convincing to hammer him. I don't have a strong feeling about him right now, really.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:07 am

Post by Doctor »

Dimaba is second on my suspicion list, but as I've said chronos is my most suspicious and moving my vote I feel is unnessecary.

but besides that I dont know, he has claimed townie, but anyone in their right mind would, so I dont know to belive it or not being an automatic response.

As far as powerrole goes, I could understand why he would want to keep it on the downlow. If he is a PR, I'm iffy on if he should claim that, while it could save his life, it might be lost in the Night if we dont have a doctor, or if the doctor dosn't belive him.

So I'm still on the fence if he should claim or not if he has a different role.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:15 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Doctor wrote:Dimaba is second on my suspicion list, but as I've said chronos is my most suspicious and moving my vote I feel is unnessecary.
Ok, could you explain again why you're suspicious of Chronos?

As far as powerrole goes, I could understand why he would want to keep it on the downlow. If he is a PR, I'm iffy on if he should claim that, while it could save his life, it might be lost in the Night if we dont have a doctor, or if the doctor dosn't belive him.
Wait, what?

People don't necessaraly have to claim; if you think you can not claim and not be lynched, or if you don't think claiming is going to help. But if you're going to claim, you should never lie if you're pro-town.

Also, remember that the lynch is the town's tool, the nightkill is the scum's. If you are going to get lynched if you don't claim, and you think your claim is likely to help, then you should claim; it's better to avoid getting lynched and get nightkilled instead; that way, there's a chance the town might lynch a scum instead that day, plus the scum are going to kill some pro-town person every night anyway unless there is a doc and he gets really lucky.

Basically, if you're town, there are cases where not claiming is a reasonable move. Lying about your role, though, is (almost) universally a bad idea.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Doctor »

Thanks for clarifying Yos, that just shows my inexperience haha.

And to answer you, he has repeatedly spoken out agaisnt my "putting words in other peoples mouths" or rather just poking at what people say seeing how it works agaisnt them and measuring their responses.

Scumhunting if im not mistaken, yet he seems to be following popular votes and not contributing a whole lot, cept against me which its all just quit putting words in others mouths thats scummy.

Last time I checked mearly prodding peoples soft point for information and reactions isn't scummy its quite the opposite, and could provide useful info to the town, and it just feels he was trying to rally people agaisnt me to silence me using my mislynch as a strong foundation.

He could be an Over zeleous towny thinking everything I say is just a lie going only off my mislynch, or he could be scum trying to capitalize on popular votes, because as soon as people started voting dimaba he jumped on that and started practically ignoring me.

Im leaning towards the latter in my assumptions, but thats just that my assumptions.
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Doctor »

let me clarify here
cept against me which its all just quit putting words in others mouths thats scummy.
except agianst me, which he is saying that all I'm doing is putting words in other peoples mouths, saying that its scummy.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:51 am

Post by The Tracker »

Well, let's put it this way, Doctor, they're not bad assumptions at all. They're similar reasons for why chronos is on my scum list at all.

I'm still not entirely convinced on Dimaba's guilt. If the deadline gets much closer, I'll hammer, but I want to see what other people think of a dimaba lynch.

dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by dimaba »

I agree with Yos that lying as town is not the thing to do normally.
However, I see some situations where it's excusable and possibly smarter than claiming correctly.

Say I'm a cop who wasn't roleblocked (so doesn't know if there's a doc to save him from a nk) and investigated Jackabomb on night 1. I'd have nothing useful to report so town would gain hardly anything by my claim. Then if I can't survive without claiming but can survive with a simple townie claim, the town would still get a chance to lynch scum and I'd have a chance to get some useful information. The cost would be a bit of misinformation for other townies. I think you'd have to claim correctly right after the night and present your information, not keep lying constantly, so you don't misguide town continuously. But if you do that, it might not be the worst idea in the world. Or is there some downside I'm not seeing other than that lying is unethical and people might find your second claim questionable?

I'll say it again though: I'm not a power role, just a basic townie.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by easjo682 »

hmm, but if you carried out ther above scenario dimaba, the town may not trust you when you came out with the truth, they may be lead to believe that you are making claims to appear on the town side, even though in the above scenario you are on their side. If a person isa cop then there best thing to do is to claim the cop role, say who they investigated and the results, then hope you are saved from lynch or that there is a doctor to protect you who believes you, generally if there is no opposing cop claims then you are likely to end up protected. however if you die and come up cop then at least the town have something to follow either some eliminated from suspicion or someone to target as scum.

just my ramblings on the subject. sorry for the mess if it doesnt make sense then i will try my best to clarify my meaning.

-Jo

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:29 pm

Post by dimaba »

easjo682 wrote:hmm, but if you carried out ther above scenario dimaba, the town may not trust you when you came out with the truth, they may be lead to believe that you are making claims to appear on the town side, even though in the above scenario you are on their side.
As I said...
dimaba wrote:...people might find your second claim questionable
I agree with you that it's very risky to do and if I were a cop I would do exactly as you suggested, I was just saying that there are situations where it could be tempting to try a fake claim and it might even turn out alright.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”