Open 193 - Friends and Enemies: It's over!

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:20 am

Post by Zorblag »

It's a busy week so I apologize for my lack of presence up till now and for the fact that I expect that I'll be pretty light until this weekend. I'll have more to post (reasons for my vote and reactions in general) this afternoon but I'm pretty sure that xRECKONERx is our best lynch at this point.

Vote: xRECKONERx

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

ABR wrote:PCE was a better lynch than charlatan. We can't afford to lose PCE if he is town, so we have to be convinced he is scum to lynch him. I'm not convinced.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:I don't know whether PCE is scum or not. I know we can't mislynch or we are in a world of shit tomorrow,
What particular piece of insight am I missing that makes these statements make sense?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Zorblag - I anxiously await those reasons.
green shirt thursdays
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:49 am

Post by Sando »

Vote: PCE

Reasons haven't changed.

Vi, your case on me is pretty stupid. The quote you want special mention made of is me fairly tongue in cheek having a go at Serial for lack of support of his statement. And just so you know, when I say 'this is pretty funny', I actually mean funny, not scummy. I know they rhyme and all, but most people can work it out, it wasn't part of why I was voting PCE.

Vi, what about me moving off Charlatan do you find scummy?

xReckx, you think me and PCE are scumbuddies, or just 1 or the other?

Serial, why do you find Ojanen scummy? You seem to be the ignoring Vi's/Others case on me, why, and what are your thoughts on it?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by Vi »

Sando 628 wrote:Vi, your case on me is pretty stupid. The quote you want special mention made of is me fairly tongue in cheek having a go at Serial for lack of support of his statement. And just so you know, when I say 'this is pretty funny', I actually mean funny, not scummy. I know they rhyme and all, but most people can work it out, it wasn't part of why I was voting PCE.
I don't do sarcasm. But I can buy the part about charlatan at least.

The second question will be better answered when you explain more to me about why you're voting Porky beyond
Sando 628 wrote:Reasons haven't changed.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I think I'll be getting to this game tomorrow guys. I need to read the whole day and I lost most of my MS time today due to the site going down. Sorry for the brief delay in my catch up.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

@Sando:

You and PCE's scumminess is not mutually exclusive.
green shirt thursdays
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Sando »

Vi wrote:The second question will be better answered when you explain more to me about why you're voting Porky beyond
I still find his response to that scummy, I think he was active-lurking for much of D1, and I think he went out of his way to avoid the Charlatan issue.

I also explained my 'no it's not' post to Serial shortly after he replied.

xReck, so I assume that if you think we could be scum-buddies, that yesterday/today was a ruse? What makes you think that?
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Votecount:

Sando(1): Vi
PorkchopExpress(3): Ojanen, xRECKONERx, Sando
xRECKONERx(2): Debonair Danny DiPietro, Zorblag
Debonair Danny DiPietro(1): Albert B. Rampage

Not Voting(3): SerialClergyman, VP Baltar, PorkchopExpress
With 10 alive it's 6 to lynch.
Immoral Acts: 0
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:35 am

Post by PorkchopExpress »

Hi, I've been floored (quite literally) with some exceptional abdominal pains for the last two days. It's just been joined by a few other medical-type issues that are pretty concerning (and in some cases a little gross), so I'll be off to see a doctory-type person in the morning. I'm hoping this is a stomach ulcer, but either way I'm not sure that I'll be able to focus in until this goes away. Sitting up is a struggle at the moment. As much as I hate to do this, I'm going to have to ask for replacement. Sorry about this people.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:46 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Convenient.
green shirt thursdays
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:06 am

Post by Ojanen »

Get better, Porkchop.

Soooo.
Reck. My man.
Reck catchup no.1 wrote: Also, call it gut, but VP and ABR's back and forth feels like bussing. I dunno.
Reck catchup no. 2 wrote:Top of p.9, ABR joins the VPB wagon. Cool. Charlatan's 228 is too blatant fence-sitting, and definitely decreases my read on him. When I've played as scum, I've used a similar tactic of pointing out two people who are arguing, claim they're bussing without giving much insight into the argument, and then set myself up to look inscrutable by claiming I'd be okay with voting for either since I believe them both to be scum.
Reck now wrote:@Sando:
You and PCE's scumminess is not mutually exclusive.
PRETTEH SCUMMEH, huh?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Oj wrote:Serial, what do you think about VP at this point? What is the reason you switched off of him D1?
What do you think of me?
ABR wrote:I was right about charlatan. I obviously don't have the time to wait an extra month on a mod who refuses to provide a deadline, so I voted him out since Vi-Amished-VP-SC-Zorblag were so damn stubborn about it.
Quick, let me get this out there before people question me about it after I was the one being so fucking stubborn and providing no reasoning yesterday.

SC wrote:He can claim he was right all he likes today, but he jumped on the wagon when he didn't need to (the absense of a deadline gives you asm uch time as you need to make your case, not rushes you into a lynch).
Bingo.

Hey, Reck, why the hell are you so interested in ABR's opinion on what you should do next?

Really has been a lot of words today without a lot being said I feel. I'm inclined toward Reckoner being scum here. He has been dancing around lynches this game. I need to do an iso first though since my V/LA has put me a bit on the outside of this game now.

Also, Hope you feel better soon PCE. (I did chuckle a bit that you were like "I'm so drunnnnnk!" *time warp* "I think I need to see a doctor").
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:29 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

@Ojanen: D'oh. PRETTEH SCUMMEH, INDEED.

For the record, given PCE's current circumstances (despite my dickish behavior over the matter), I am now muuuuuch more in favor of a Sando lynch than anything else. But my current school schedule isn't allowing me the time to catch up in all my games like I've been meaning to do, so my iso/catchup is going to be forthcoming...eventually...probably.
green shirt thursdays
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Ojanen »

xRECKONERx wrote:@Ojanen: D'oh. PRETTEH SCUMMEH, INDEED.
That's a magnificently unsatisfactory answer.
Why did you find charlatan scummy for the "fencesitting on VP/ABR" line of questioning when the same exchange felt originally like bussing to you and you seem to regularly think two arguing parties could be bussing? Like your top suspects PCE/Sando here now again?

Why would Porchop replacing out change your opinion on him?

@VP: Currently undecided on you. At the time, liked you least from the original vote casters who held the wagon on charlatan at a stagnated 4 votes for while. But dunno.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:22 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Actually, I don't think they're bussing - I think PCE/Sando could either be scum. I think at least one of them is, it doesn't mean that BOTH of them are. I found charlatan scummy for it because he pretty much spent an entire post meandering around the issue and not landing either way, and NEVER landing either on one side or the other throughout the game.

PCE's replacing out... well, maybe it's just me, but I don't replace out unless it's under excruciatingly important circumstances because I know how much of a pain it is to find replacements and all. So his inactivity and flying-under-the-radar-ness, which is what pissed me off about him in the first place, seems more legit now.
green shirt thursdays
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Searching for a replacement for PCE

Edit: Replacement found! hitogoroshi replaces PorkchopExpress and all is well.
Last edited by Head_Honcho on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Immoral Acts: 0
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Ojanen »

xRECKONERx wrote:Actually, I don't think they're bussing - I think PCE/Sando could either be scum. I think at least one of them is, it doesn't mean that BOTH of them are.
All right... How did I understand your seemingly contradictory previous answer wrong?
Sando this page wrote: xReckx, you think me and PCE are scumbuddies, or just 1 or the other?
Reck this page wrote: @Sando:You and PCE's scumminess is not mutually exclusive.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

I've been watching the replacement queue (and looking at the player list for each game requesting replacement...hey, if I'm gonna replace in, I sure better LIKE the town) for a while now and it paid off here! I like everyone I know in this game and there are a lot of people I've heard about through the grapevine or seen in MD/GD and am anxious to actually play with (ABR and Zorblag in particular).

I'm going to ISO and post my thoughts on every player as a way to vomit up a lot of content very quickly. I'll post them in alphabetical threes. I have no homework and only three hours of lecture tomorrow so you guys get all my time for the next few days.

*scurries off to skim topic and start ISO-ing*
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Yay! Welcome hitorogoshi. I hope you pump some life into this. D2 has been anemic.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Maybe I used the term 'mutually exclusive' wrong.
green shirt thursdays
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

This is true.

Right. Lets get some looseness happening here.

Let's lynch Reck. Bonus town points for people who do it without explaining their reasons.

and....

GO!

vote Reck
I'm old now.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Unvote DDD, vote Reck

DDD, any content? Anything??
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I've considered Reck pretteh suspicious for a while now. I get the feeling he doesn't know who to NK and he's asking me to class players so he can make a more informed NK. I don't like his play Day 1, it was like he was looking for any excuse to jump off the charlatan bandwagon even though charlie was his suspect. A lot more but that's all I can post for now.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Um.

False.

But you're always up for a good bandwagon, eh ABR?
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Open Games”