Newbie 892 - The Future of Magic. Game Over! Mafia Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:30 am

Post by easjo682 »

Mmm, I can understand where it may come in use, but those circumstances are going to be few and far between, even then its going to be a gamble. IMO anyway :)
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:48 am

Post by Haylen »

The Hayl Misses her Boyfriend :cry: Vote Count

Dimaba: Yosarian2, Easjo682, LordChronos (L-1)
Easjo682: Dimaba
LordChronos: Doctor

Not Voting: The Tracker; RayFrost

Deadline is Tuesday 2nd February, at 9pm England time. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Good luck! ^.^
Last edited by Haylen on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:52 am

Post by dimaba »

easjo682 wrote:Mmm, I can understand where it may come in use, but those circumstances are going to be few and far between, even then its going to be a gamble. IMO anyway :)
I agree
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:53 am

Post by LordChronos »

Doctor wrote:Scumhunting if im not mistaken, yet he seems to be following popular votes and not contributing a whole lot, cept against me which its all just quit putting words in others mouths thats scummy.

Last time I checked mearly prodding peoples soft point for information and reactions isn't scummy its quite the opposite, and could provide useful info to the town, and it just feels he was trying to rally people agaisnt me to silence me using my mislynch as a strong foundation.

He could be an Over zeleous towny thinking everything I say is just a lie going only off my mislynch, or he could be scum trying to capitalize on popular votes, because as soon as people started voting dimaba he jumped on that and started practically ignoring me.

Im leaning towards the latter in my assumptions, but thats just that my assumptions.
Couple things to address here. First, I assure you I was not trying to "silence" you, but if that is how you see it, then fine. Second, which popular votes have I been following? I was the
first
person to vote against cdubs, so that one is out. I went after you on day 2, but you weren't being voted so that is out. I voted for dimaba after I got back from my V/LA for two reasons: 1, the deadline is coming up and we need to come to a decision; and 2, the game was stalling and needed something to inspire more activity.

Also, what I have done in my attacks on you is very similar to what you have done in your attacks, except that I am not severely misinterpreting what you have said. I have pointed out weaknesses from my point of view that appear in your arguments/questioning. In so doing, I have gotten a reaction from you: a vehement, angry one. So I have been scumhunting, perhaps not against as many people as I should have been, but I am still scumhunting.

On the issue of lying roleclaims, I agree with Yosarian that is better not to lie if you have a power role. The loss of trust of the town will hurt you if you try to claim for real later.
I'm a talking computer.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Haylen »

You may or may not have noticed that the forums were down for a few hours today. When that happens, more information can usually be found here: http://www.mafiascum.net/dontpanic.html Since it wasn't where the automatic message said it would be this time. ~ Hayl

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

dimaba wrote: Then if I can't survive without claiming but can survive with a simple townie claim, the town would still get a chance to lynch scum and I'd have a chance to get some useful information.
Problem 1 with that: A townie claim should never, ever help you survive. If you would be lynched if you refuse to claim, you should also be lynched with a townie claim; lying and claiming townie should do you absolutly no good here.

Problem 2: If you claim townie, and then realize you're going to be lynched, and then try to say "No I was really the cop", you're probably not going to be believed and will get lynched unnecessarally.

Problem 3: If you do claim townie and then somehow survive, then when at some point in the future you want to claim cop, you're again going to prove yourself a liar, and will not be believed.

It's really not worth it. IF you're going to claim, you need to claim truthfully. I've seen many cases of pro-town people trying to make a fake claim, and it usually ends very badly for the town.

I'm not going to say it's NEVER ok for a pro-town person it lie, but it's almost always the wrong move.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Anyway, if people don't like the Dimba wagon, that's fine, but then I need to hear from you who it is you would like to lynch today and why. Doctor is the only person who's made a case against someone else recently.
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by dimaba »

Yosarian2 wrote: Problem 1 with that: A townie claim should never, ever help you survive. If you would be lynched if you refuse to claim, you should also be lynched with a townie claim; lying and claiming townie should do you absolutly no good here.
I disagree. Let's say there are several people under equal suspicion and they're all asked to claim. Claiming townie = a reasonable chance to escape lynch, while refusing to claim will draw discussion to you etc. and IMO make a lynch more likely.

But since we agree that it's almost always a bad idea it's pretty much a non-discussion and this is the last Ã
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

dimaba wrote:Claiming townie = a reasonable chance to escape lynch, while refusing to claim will draw discussion to you etc. and IMO make a lynch more likely.
In that case, that would be bad play on the part of the town. There's no good reason for pro-town people to look more favorably on someone who claims townie then on someone who has not claimed; in fact, all claiming townie really does is tell the town that that person is a "safe lynch".

I'm actually of the opinion that a vanilla townie should never claim at all in most games, but a lot of people disagree with me on that one.
Yosarian2 wrote:Doctor is the only person who's made a case against someone else recently.
Does that mean that you don't consider my attack on easjo a valid case? Or is it too long ago for you to be considered recently?
Sorry; I was specifically talking about the people who weren't voting you, but weren't really putting any other suspects up on the block either, so I wasn't counting you there.

I will mention that, no matter if you're scum or town, just quietly sitting back and letting you be lynched while not supporting the wagon on you but not suggesting any alternate bandwagons either seems scummy to me, and there are several people who seem to be doing that right now.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Well, since there's really no reason to keep posturing like this up to the deadline and I doubt any new evidence is going to come up, we might as well just end this day phase now.

vote: dimaba

Best choice for the lynch. Let's see where this leads.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:55 pm

Post by dimaba »

Yosarian2 wrote:In that case, that would be bad play on the part of the town. There's no good reason for pro-town people to look more favorably on someone who claims townie then on someone who has not claimed; in fact, all claiming townie really does is tell the town that that person is a "safe lynch".

I'm actually of the opinion that a vanilla townie should never claim at all in most games, but a lot of people disagree with me on that one.
Meh, tbh I think not claiming is just obstructing play. You'll usually be asked to claim anyway and not doing so is just going to drag things on as everybody waits for your reply. They're not going to just ignore your unwillingness to answer; and, since PR's will usually claim anyway when it looks like they're going to get lynched, not claming still tells town you're a safe lynch.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the game and good luck to the rest of my fellow townies.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:38 pm

Post by Haylen »

Have some Twilight til I come back from my experiment

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:29 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I don't approve of this lynch. :(

I'm starting to not like Yos2.

I'll explain more after the night phase ends.
don't you feel silly now?
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:05 am

Post by Doctor »

Im unsure about it, while dimaba was on my suspicion list, i still wanted more info from him, but whats done is done, all we can do is wait.
Would you like a Jelly Baby?
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:15 am

Post by LordChronos »

RayFrost wrote:I don't approve of this lynch. :(

I'm starting to not like Yos2.

I'll explain more after the night phase ends.
Then you really should have said something before. This lynch has been building up steam for 3-4 days to a week, during which time you have made absolutely no contribution to the thread.

Doctor,
What other info did you want from him?
I'm a talking computer.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:27 am

Post by Haylen »

Is everyone OK for Twilight to end now? Or would you like another half an hr or so til I post the Death scene and lock up?

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:38 am

Post by Haylen »

I'm closing the thread in 5 mins, just warning you. I don't like simulposting players.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:46 am

Post by Haylen »

The Final Vote Count of Day Two Vote Count

Dimaba: Yosarian2, Easjo682, LordChronos, The Tracker
Easjo682: Dimaba
LordChronos: Doctor

Not Voting: RayFrost

Deadline is Tuesday 2nd February, at 9pm England time. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Good luck! ^.^

You stand in the crowd looking towards the centre of the ring; Dimaba sat in the middle of it looking each and every one of you in the eye in turn.

It sent chills down your spine.

If there was a way to know who the mafia were without killing people, you would take that option. But unfortunately, you are here. You are responsible for the deaths during the day. Hopefully, this one would turn out for the better.

You watch as one of the more experienced magic practicers drew a shield around you all, to keep you safe. You dread to think what horrific way would be thought up to take the life from the latest victim of Democracy.

The clouds darkened and the air got warm with magic. Rain began to fall.

What looked like a tornado was forming.

Your eyes widened as you realised what this was and threw yourself to the ground, covering your head with your arms. You sensed the others around you doing the same.

After roughly 10 seconds you hear a piecing scream. You resist the temptation to look up and see what's happening.

Curiosity defeated you and you look up at a site you would rather have never seen in your life.

Dimaba was spinning in the tornado, 20 feet off the ground. Bright green lightening striked him every few seconds. His arm and leg already lay on the ground where it had been torn off by the force of the wind and the lightening.

With a sob, you closed your eyes, and buried your head in your arms, trying to block out the screams.

After a while, you sense the sun shining, and feel natural warmth on the back of your neck.

You look up to see Dimaba's remains on the ground and a light shining over him, they'd already done the spell. For the love of...

Dimaba was lynched, he was a
Vanilla Townie
[/b][/i][/size]

It is now Night 3. Night will end at 9pm on Sunday 31st January. Any Actions should be
PM'd
to me by then or they will be forgone.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Haylen »

You rush out of your bedroom, pulling your clothes on as you went. Of course you were going to be late, you forgot to set your alarm. Silly billy. Oh well, at least you're not dead. You may not be, but there's a stong likelyhood that somebody you know is.

You get to the Riverside to see the body had already been pulled out of the River and it was recognisable to you even from a distance.

The Tracker was killed Night 2. He was a
Vanilla Townie
[/b][/i]

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Haylen »

The Beginning of Day 3 Vote Count

Not Voting: LordChronos; Easjo682; Doctor; RayFrost; Yosarian2

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline falls on Monday 22nd February at 9pm. You have an extra day due to the lack of a mod at the time, it's my little brother's birthday on the 21st and we're having a party.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hmm. Ok, with 2 scum out of 5, it looks like we are in lynch or lose now.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ch_Or_Lose

That means a couple of things. First of all, if we lynch wrong today, we lose. If we no-lynch today, we also lose.

And, worse then that, if one pro-town person votes for another, then the two scum can vote for that person as well for a quicklynch and then it's game over. So everyone needs to be really careful with their votes today; don't vote until you're sure you're voting for the scum. On the other hand, the only way a scum is going to be lynched today is if all 3 pro-town people vote for him, so you will have to vote today.

Anyway, I just wanted to make all that clear, so no one can claim they didn't know what was going on.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by easjo682 »

Well fuck. I don't really know what else to say right now...

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
Doctor
Doctor
Townie
Doctor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Doctor »

I would rather wait till later in the day to do this, heck I didn't want to do this at all without having found scum, unfortunatly I failed on this front, and since its Lynch or lose today.

I'm the cop

I've investigated tracker the first night who came up innocent.
And secondly I investigated Lord Chronos last night whom also came up innocent.

So chronos I apologize.

Now, my fellowtownspeople might be upset with this claim, but I'm only doing so to get us possibly on the right track during this day.

So chronos I would like to call a truce over our misunderstanding.

Now out of the 3 Yosarian has been the most pro-town, but that dosn't mean hes our townie, but I've gotten the most vibe from him.

Ray ive had slight suspicions on for a little while but i thought it was possible he was a overzeleous townie, and eas still has the same issues dimaba went through.

This is gonna be a long day.
Would you like a Jelly Baby?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Gah, I'm on V/LA right when I'm needed most...

don't worry, town, I'll save you all! (also, don't forget the possibility that doc is fakeclaiming scum. Do not take his claim out of hand, but do not assume he is scum either. Analyze it for honesty and such)
don't you feel silly now?
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:40 am

Post by easjo682 »

Wait to see if someone counter claims,
If we're doing claiming, well I guess then I'll make my claim, I'm the 'Doctor', night one I protected Yos, night two I protected Doctor.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”