Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by farside22 »

Mod-Edit Votecount 1-4

magnus_orion - 5
(Kairyuu, danakillsu, farside22, Primate, RichardGHP)

Farside22 - 2
(bv310, magnus_orion)

Jack - 1
(Haschel Cedricson)

Haschel Cedricson - 1
(Flareonage)

Flareonage - 1
(Kyle99)

Primate - 1
(ElectricBadger)

DocPotter - 1
(Jack)

Not Voting - 7
(Kise, DocPotter, Anon, Toonfighter, DeeJayCee, Nul, Seacore)

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

Still to confirm:
Anon

V/LA:
TheLonging (exams)

I'm confused. Farside, do you believe that every single scum behaves the same exact way? In other words, do you believe that there is no scum tell that can apply to some behaviors of scum, and not others?
Depends on the player. I do question more people who vote for no reason and glide along more often then not in a game as it goes later on as it's more suspicious to me.
To get from (1) to (3) you need an implicit premise (2) which allows for the argument to work.
You never actually said (2). You threw up a bunch of stuff I did, and declared it to be scummy.
You never gave a reason why the actions I committed were scummy.
What? I showed quotes I commented in regards to those quotes. You saying your own words and the post your arguing in regards to EB isn't scummy?
You saying that you are not throwing crap up to see what sticks?
Which is exactly what I see you doing here. Everything is either well you did this. Then when I prove it wrong you come up with some new crap that wasn't part of your case. But please keep digging your own grave. Would you like to claim you scum buddies while we share all our thoughts?

The bottom quote is the short version of my thoughts. People tell me I put too many walls of text and just want the short version. You want the long version?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by Jack »

farside wrote:You saying that you are not throwing crap up to see what sticks?
Which is exactly what I see you doing here.
I see something like this as well.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'd like to see your rationale for why my actions are scummy (you've only stated what actions you think are scummy). Especially given that what I've been doing, in your view, is just an extension of the RVS (now, I don't think that that's true, but it's interesting that you think the RVS [or at least, the thought behind it] is scummy)
So far I'm seeing magnus say people need to use rationale or not showing enough to him or explaining enough.
I don't see him showing why he thinks this.

magnus original vote and reason:
Farside's post doesn't show an attempt to continue a conversation with me in order to gain evidence to further gauge my alignment. Instead, its written with a purpose to convince other people to follow his ideas.
Town should be trying to ask me questions at this point, or at least trying to get me to talk more, scum will be trying to push town skepticism toward suspicion by making drawn out explanations, but not asking questions. (well, he does ask questions, but they serve rhetorical purpose, not inquisitive)
farside shows proof of asking question
mag's next attempt to throw a crap case
I gave a reason that was independent of you voting me. If I hadn't then, yes, it is a scum-tell, however, if that is not the case, then the OMGUS accusation shouldn't give you a shield from ever being attacked by someone you are voting.
farside shows others who didn't ask question or push conversation
magnus rebutle comment:
However, that's still irrelevant, since Jack did not make an attempt to try and convince others of his opinion
Still seems to think I'm convincing others of their opinion but doesn't show how or why at all.
However, I think that scum would be more likely make cases this early in the game that do not have systems for attempting to continue conversation to gather more evidence. Its simply too early, there is simply too little information, for you not to want to try to gain more and make sure your right.
Shows no evidence of this theory. Continues in the didn't engage comments but clearly we are engaging each other at this point.
Richard isn't trying to convince people, he's just calling for more people...
Again uses this as his reason but doesn't explain how again
I'm questioning the premise that if you can prove "magnus is making no sense" then it follows "magnus is scum"
hypocritical stuff.

Basically magnas has lied. Backtrack his thoughts as far as what is scummy about me. Refusing to show any evidence of his reasons that my post is so called "convincing people". Then says my case isn't showing any evidence by throwing a bunch of stuff together and calling it scummy but his case is based on absolutely nothing because Godforbid his own words should be damning enough.
I'm sure he will say I'm convincing people with this post because I haven't seen him present one shred of evidence to contradict my points.
So far anything I have seen anyone present against mangus hasn't been good enough. He down plays the argument made against him as seen in the first quote and has swept the argument to a who can post more at this point.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by farside22 »

And no magnus that last post had no questions what so ever as I had plenty others you still need to answers.
That post is called a case showing your scumminess.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:04 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

What? I showed quotes I commented in regards to those quotes. You saying your own words and the post your arguing in regards to EB isn't scummy?
You saying that you are not throwing crap up to see what sticks?
Which is exactly what I see you doing here. Everything is either well you did this. Then when I prove it wrong you come up with some new crap that wasn't part of your case. But please keep digging your own grave. Would you like to claim you scum buddies while we share all our thoughts?
Yes, they showed, in essence things that I said, and then you declared each in turn, ridiculous.
Did you, or did you not, explain a motivation for why scum (and not town) would commit those actions that you have pointed out as me doing.
Then when I prove it wrong you come up with some new crap that wasn't part of your case. But please keep digging your own grave. Would you like to claim you scum buddies while we share all our thoughts?
"Prove" is a very strong word. You've proven very little, if anything, in this game. To prove something is to show that, without any reasonable objection, something is absolutely true.

Being bombastic and disagreeing is not proving something wrong.

How am I throwing things and seeing what sticks? I've made one, and only one, accusation against you. The rest has all been responding to your positions.
farside shows proof of asking question
mag's next attempt to throw a crap case

Farside showed proof of asking a question, yes

Magnus had already said:
(well, he does ask questions, but they serve rhetorical purpose, not inquisitive)
Affirming that I realized you had asked questions, but they were more statements of ridiculousness, not actual questions you intended to be answered.
Back to "mag's next attempt to throw a crap case "
I gave a reason that was independent of you voting me. If I hadn't then, yes, it is a scum-tell, however, if that is not the case, then the OMGUS accusation shouldn't give you a shield from ever being attacked by someone you are voting.
Apparently that's it. I don't see a comment related to this afterwards.
farside shows others who didn't ask question or push conversation
If this is related to the OMGUS, then why didn't I vote them?
But I digress.
magnus rebutle comment:
However, that's still irrelevant, since Jack did not make an attempt to try and convince others of his opinion
Which takes us back to
Instead, its written with a purpose to convince other people to follow his ideas
From "magnus original vote and reason: "
Still seems to think I'm convincing others of their opinion but doesn't show how or why at all.
Then what is the exact next thing you posted?
However, I think that scum would be more likely make cases this early in the game that do not have systems for attempting to continue conversation to gather more evidence. Its simply too early, there is simply too little information, for you not to want to try to gain more and make sure your right.
Surely I needn't quote you in order to explain why or how? There's my explanation, right there.
Shows no evidence of this theory. Continues in the didn't engage comments but clearly we are engaging each other at this point.
Offered to, in the post from which "magnus original vote and reason: " came from. Nobody asked for me to further back it up. This is just a reiteration of my original point, if you didn't get that the first time you read it.
Richard isn't trying to convince people, he's just calling for more people...
Again uses this as his reason but doesn't explain how again
I apologize, I didn't know you were confused on this point, seeing how you never bothered to ask before accusing me with it. Next time you need me to explain something, instead of saying I'm unwilling to offer explanation, merely ask for one, and I will do my best to oblige.

Now then, since I assume you want to know, if I say,
"XYZ is scum, WAGON GO!" I'm not going to have people saying, "That makes perfect sense, I agree completely, 'WAGON GO!' totally convinces me that XYZ is scum, and I should vote for him"
Why? Because "WAGON GO!" offers nothing in the range of logic or reasoning, it is an emotional outburst that does not attempt to assert a defensible position. Does that make sense? If not, be sure to let me know, so I can further elaborate on this.
Basically magnas has lied. Backtrack his thoughts as far as what is scummy about me. Refusing to show any evidence of his reasons that my post is so called "convincing people". Then says my case isn't showing any evidence by throwing a bunch of stuff together and calling it scummy but his case is based on absolutely nothing because Godforbid his own words should be damning enough.
I'm sure he will say I'm convincing people with this post because I haven't seen him present one shred of evidence to contradict my points.
So far anything I have seen anyone present against mangus hasn't been good enough. He down plays the argument made against him as seen in the first quote and has swept the argument to a who can post more at this point.
Arguing that something is obvious by virtue of its existence is a pretty poor argument, so yes, my words aren't damning in and of themselves.
I haven't seen him present one shred of evidence to contradict my points.
*Looks up at post just written....*
Will this be sufficient?
I apologize for being expedient in my answering your concerns, I see this has offended you, could you please suggest how long I should wait before responding to allegations against my person?

Dattebayo
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:16 am

Post by farside22 »

Because you have one vote. Duh

The first question wasn't rhetorical and the last question wasn't rhetorical. The second question just me saying your not making sense and should explain.
Which you haven't

Why should I ask for you to show proof of something? Shouldn't you do that to prove someone is scum. Or is that just not your way?
I apologize for being expedient in my answering your concerns, I see this has offended you, could you please suggest how long I should wait before responding to allegations against my person?
There is responding to an allegation and telling people they are not providing enough proof of your scummies or saying why it's scummy then not doing either yourself.

And no the whole XYZ wagon makes no sense especially looking at my orginal case.

The rest is your opinion and so far I see no one agreeing with it.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Anon »

Forgot I was in this game.

Only skimmed the thread. Still haven't read the whole magnus-badger-farside thing as carefully as I would like. Will have to wait until I get back from job.
Toon Fighter wrote:That was weird, Richard. You just voted for magnus for him being in a bandwagon, and after TheLonging said that you said you were V/LA. Coincidence? I think not.

FoS: RichardGHP

magnus_orion also feels scummy, but not much. I believe that post 40 by Primate had some reason behind it, based on his role, but that theory is unconfirmable right now.
Someone is just being TOO careful to express suspicions, arent we?

Vote: Toon Fighter.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:13 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Eh. Magnus has been a good lynch ever since he claimed that making a case was scummy.
Jack wrote:
unvote:magnus,vote:doc_potter

You posted in our other game, but not this one...
What made you notice doc potter in particular, as there are other lurkers as well?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:24 am

Post by Jack »

I'm in another game with him.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:08 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

@ Anon: OMGUS

vote: Anon
~Toon fighter~
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:40 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Unvote primate, vote Toon Fighter
- an RVS vote is pointless at this stage and the lack of commentary is lurker-scummy.

@Everyone: Please note my sig; I may be a bit busy setting up a game for the next couple days.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Flareonage »

Unvote

VOTE:Toon Fighter

Even I post more then that
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Jebus »

Deadline set - 16th of February.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by farside22 »

Mod can you please prod the following players:
DocPotter - DeeJayCee - Nul
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Toon Fighter wrote:@ Anon: OMGUS

vote: Anon
Nice OMGUS. At least your admitting it, I guess. If someone thinks your scum, usually countering their arguments will get you further than OMGUSing and ignoring their arguments.

vote: Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

He voted me for being too careful stating my suspicions. I show a suspicion on him and BAM! the whole village falls right on me.

I knew this was going to happen the minute I posted... damn
~Toon fighter~
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

Toon Fighter wrote:He voted me for being too careful stating my suspicions. I show a suspicion on him and BAM! the whole village falls right on me.

This is too early for AtE.

Where did you show suspicion?
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Toon Fighter wrote:He voted me for being too careful stating my suspicions. I show a suspicion on him and BAM! the whole village falls right on me.

Its not that you voted for him, it's that you voted for him and just said it's an OMGUS without countering his arguments or giving reasons for why he's scum. If you can give legitimate reasons for your vote, I'll unvote.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Jack »

Toon fighter's last post is scummy, especially the 2nd line.

unvote:DocPotter, vote:Toon Fighter
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

my head offically hurts now.
Jester role perhaphs?
I dont' see people normally do something like Toon does without it being for anti-town reason's or something role related.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by Jack »

What odds would you give on Toon being the jester?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Jack »

ebwop:
a
jester :p
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by farside22 »

Jack wrote:What odds would you give on Toon being the jester?
Let me ask a question back. How often have you see scum say OMGUS vote and just vote a person like that?
Or to come back and use AtE with a damn I should have known people would vote me for it.
I of course am assuming that Toon Fighter has played more then one game of mafia here at this site.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by farside22 »

Sorry I should answer your question about the likelyhood of jester. I would have to see if Jebus thougth jester is considered a normal role. I know there was a jester game for open so I assume it's considered normal.
But Toon's play reminds me of someone who was a jester in another game I played in.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

farside22 wrote:
Because you have one vote. Duh

The first question wasn't rhetorical and the last question wasn't rhetorical. The second question just me saying your not making sense and should explain.
Which you haven't

Why should I ask for you to show proof of something? Shouldn't you do that to prove someone is scum. Or is that just not your way?
There is responding to an allegation and telling people they are not providing enough proof of your scummies or saying why it's scummy then not doing either yourself.

And no the whole XYZ wagon makes no sense especially looking at my orginal case.

The rest is your opinion and so far I see no one agreeing with it.
I meant, why didn't I vote them first? I read they're posts and posted in between. If my motivation is omgus, why did I single you out?
But whatever.
I'm satisfied with leaving it at this for now. Yes, I would prefer that you ask me to explain or back something up, so that it doesn't leave me explaining things that are "obvious". You may have noticed I have none of that so-called "common sense", so I can't tell what should be obvious and what shouldn't.
Jack wrote:Toon fighter's last post is scummy, especially the 2nd line.

unvote:DocPotter, vote:Toon Fighter
I agree.
@Toon fighter: could you explain what you're trying to accomplish by omgusing someone? Do you have any goal here or do you think your suspicions are legitimate?

farside22 wrote:my head offically hurts now.
Jester role perhaphs?
I dont' see people normally do something like Toon does without it being for anti-town reason's or something role related.
Jester speculation is normally a scum-tell...

unvote, vote: Toon Fighter

Dattebayo
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”