The Sopranos: A Deadly Game (GAME OVER!)

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@SSF: I told you, I don't have a scumlist. I've given up on this game, and am willing to lynch literally anyone. If that's me, so be it. I won't self-vote, but I certainly won't resist. I don't see the game becoming any more interesting in the future, and from what I've gathered, the majority of players feel the same way, since they haven't been posting much/at all either.

So yeah, if you lynch me, you'll be rid of me, and I'll not have to keep remembering that I've been shamefully lurking like hell in this game. Not that the mod seems to be around much either, which is probably why I'm not being poked.

A note: I probably check this game for posts about once/3-6 days. This is the first check in a while that has resulted in more than a single post to read, and also the first one with something I can actually respond to.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:43 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Since I'm doing well with the lurker summoning, lets try another one

Unvote, Vote: Zwet
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:55 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Kai would be my pick for scum-only crew capo because as we haven't actually killed many of them, chances are that the scum crew would be kicking more money up to him than the other crews. That was just idle speculation and I think it's unlikely that such a crew exists anyway.

So, based on our claims so far, there are at least 5 crews: SSK's (no name given as far as I can see), Zwet's (presumably Lupertazzi), SSF's (Gervasi), Al's (again, no name) and Tony's (Soprano, I assume). What I find quite odd about this game is that means that there are at least 5 one-shot unlynchables and three of those still have their immunity. We already know that SSK and Zwet's immunity is legit. I don't see what benefit there is to SSF and Al claiming it, given that we're likely to test it out, particularly in SSF's case. Kai's claim also verifies SSK's rolename and position as capo. Given that I think the scum are spread out across the crews, I think that the game probably started with 1 lynch-immune scum and we could potentially have more in cases where the leader of a crew has changed.

It looks to me as though SSF and Zwet both started the game as capos, so I would think one or the other is scum. If they're both scum who started the game lynch-immune then I really don't see how we were supposed to win this one in the first place. SSK or Al could both be scum who became lynch-immune, so I think it's a null-tell in those cases. I'd like to think 3 out of the 4 claimed capos couldn't be scum but as I imagine SSK and Al have both been raised to capo based on their position in their crews/the overall family, I don't see why they couldn't be, providing the spread of scum throughout the crews and family is fairly random.

K7: you've already claimed, who's your capo and what's your crew name?

As SSF is lynch-immune we might as well let this lynch go through anyway. I'm certain that at least one of the scum is lynch-immune and we can't afford to let them stay that way. I don't believe we've had a vote count but I'm sure we've had enough for that lynch to happen.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:23 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Oh, and Al, I think Zwet is NK-immune on even nights.

Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #22:

SSF352 - 4 (SpyreX, Knight of Cydonia, al_kohaulec, Locke Lamora)

zwetschenwasser - 1 (SSF352)

With 10 alive, it still takes 6 to lynch, 5 to lynch rajrhcpfreak.

Deadline is in ~33 hours.
Melfi: Now that you found out that you have a retarded family member, do you feel better about coming here?
Tony: What?
Melfi: Is it permissable now? Is it enough of a sad tragedy that you can join the rest of the douchebags?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:05 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

So, shall we get this done already?
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Aye.

vote: SSF
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:07 pm

That is L-1.
Anyone with anything important to say/do, get it done now.
Nobody pretend they didn't know a hammer was coming.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by SSF352 »

KoC, anything you want to add to the game beyond votes and trying to push my lynch?

Also, zwet, before you likely hammer, anything you want to add to the game?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:16 am

Not really, SSF, since you're lynch-proof, this is a nice way of checking.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:48 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I highly doubt Zwet has anything to add. Would still like K7 to tell me his crew and capo.

Set-up thoughts: if there was an SK, both a survivor and a survivor backup, that leaves 19 as either town or scum. I'd think that makes it either 14 townies and 5 scum or 15 townies and 4 scum. With the two millers I'd be inclined towards the latter; if it's the former, we could lose tonight if the scum wincon is to comprise 50% of the town. I can't escape the feeling that there ought to be something to combat these multiple one-shot unlynchables. If we're about to lynch our third in 7 days it seems like something is wrong with how many there are. We know that at least two other players in the game were unlynchable at some point and if I'm right about the 5 crews, it means that almost a quarter of the players were unlynchable even at the start of the game.

We have 4 dead PRs: investigator, jailkeeper, tracker miller and combat medic. Other than that there are three regular townies, a miller and a demented townie, whatever that is. I'm assuming that InHim was a straight goon, which means that there's likely to be at least 2 PRs amongst the remaining scum. I'd say it's more likely to be 3 if both K7 and Al are town, with myself having an ability as well, or that there was a 5-man scumteam. 14-5-2-1 seems like a bit too much of an unfavourable split to me, though.

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:07 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

locke makes a good point i think we might be getting close to lynch and lose.
should we be checking SSF's ability or not?

i think hes still pretty scummy so i am willing to hammer after K7 answers Locke's questions.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:24 am

Post by SSF352 »

I dunno if we could prevent my lynch even if we wanted to, we'd need to get someone else to 4 votes before deadline while unvoting me, and SpryeX hasnt posted in awhile now. Any suggestion as who else to lynch?
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:31 am

Post by SSF352 »

I dunno if we could prevent my lynch even if we wanted to, we'd need to get someone else to 4 votes before deadline while unvoting me, and SpryeX hasnt posted in awhile now. Any suggestion as who else to lynch?
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:40 am

Post by SSF352 »

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:48 am

Post by SpyreX »

I've got no inclination to not vote you, fyi.

I need something a lot bigger than what is presented.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I make it about 7 1/2 hours to deadline.

SSF was my favoured lynch before he claimed he was unlynchable. We don't have enough time or active participants to change lynch direction and I wouldn't want to if we did. If there are 4 scum left, we may well lose tonight but I'd really think it's more likely there are 3, especially with an SK and two millers.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:01 am

Post by SpyreX »

Realistically, if we had more time, all these unlynchables would have to be tested.

I'm totally fine with this and it needs to happen.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

We haven't done a bad job of testing them anyway. At this stage, scum could just use the unlynchable claim as an attempt to get us not to lynch them because we really need to get a scum lynch to go through. It seems unlikely that SSF has tried this simply because Kai has verified that Carlo Gervasi is his capo. Still, we don't have long to wait to find out.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Do we have the final votes? Are we good?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:23 pm

Post by SSF352 »

We were L-1, but the deadline rule should kick into effect when the mod checks the thread again. Any ideas for tomorrow?
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:46 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

If we get the chance, I was planning on lynching some scum.

Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:15 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Will post scene later today, hopefully.
Melfi: Now that you found out that you have a retarded family member, do you feel better about coming here?
Melfi: Is it permissable now? Is it enough of a sad tragedy that you can join the rest of the douchebags?
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Busy lately, so I'm going to boil down the essentials that I have so far and fill in the rest later.

Vote Count #23:

SSF352 - 5 (SpyreX, Knight of Cydonia, al_kohaulec, Locke Lamora, Kairyuu)

zwetschenwasser - 1 (SSF352)

With 10 alive, it still takes 6 to lynch, 5 to lynch rajrhcpfreak. Deadline has been reached without majority. There has been
no lynch

Job #1 -

Payment: $30,000
Description: We've got a street crew picking up stolen cars for us and repainting them for resale. However, they've been having issues with the cops lately and they are afraid to move any merchandise. Make sure the delivery gets to our used dealership downtown without any problems.

Job #2 -

Payment: $40,000
Description: Steve Imperioli sold us a batch of guns that turned out to be broken down and used, as opposed to the brand-new factory quality guns he promised us. Remind him who we are and break a few bones in the process so he'll think twice next time. Oh, and get the money back while you're at it.

Job #3 -

Payment: $55,000
Description: We had a smuggling deal go south last week. We tried to pull out gracefully, but some upstart by the name of Ralph Patterson is using it as an opportunity to get in good with the dealers by double-crossing us. Show him what it means to go against us. He's already used his second chance.

It is now Night 7. All choices are due by Thursday, February 4th at 7:00 pm.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:18 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Steve Imperioli was proud of himself. He'd managed to scam the Jersey family and get away clean with a briefcase full of money. He decided to celebrate by treating himself to dinner at a great restaurant he knew about called Vesuvius. The meal was great, but Steve was too engrossed in himself to notice the other patrons, two of whom were watching him very carefully. Muttering to themselves about the stupidity of others, they got up and dragged him out behind the building. A few broken ribs later, Steve realized that he didn't really need that money anymore. He was glad to be rid of the burden.

Christopher Moltisanti was a rising star in the DiMeo hierarchy. As Tony Soprano's nehpew, it was only a matter of time before he took over the family, and he was being trained for the position. Some even said that he was the only made man Tony trusted anymore. However, nothing is as good as it seems. Christopher had a weakness, cocaine. Unfortunately, tonight he was as high as a kite, and he didn't notice the click of the hammer as the man behind him cocked his gun and took aim. The young man never knew what hit him.

Ralph Patterson had made a good impression with his new business partners. They had gladly turned over the merchandise to him when he presented and alternative solution that didn't involve dealing with the Sopranos. Unfortunately for him, that didn't sit well with the man on the receiving end of this insult. Heading toward Clifford's Bluff to meet up with some associates, Ralph suddenly found that his brakes weren't working, and he drove right off the cliff into the gaping waters below.

Spyrex, Christopher Moltisanti, Ambitious Townie, Killed Night 7

Earnings Ladder:

Highest Earner:
Locke Lamora
- ($255,710)
Second Highest Earner:
Kairyuu
- ($153,650)
Lowest Earner:
Knight of Cydonia
- ($54,630)

It is now Day 8. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Since Knight of Cydonia is the lowest earner, it takes 4 votes to lynch him.

Day 8 Deadline: Sunday, February 28th, 12:00 pm (Noon) CST.

Since everyone has received a PM to start the day, they will be replaced if they do not post within 72 hours.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”