Teleportation Mafia Universe TWO (TOWN WINS)

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:35 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Day 1 Vote Count
animorpherv1 ( 0 )
Anon ( 0 )
DeathRowKitty ( 1 ) Nicodemus
DocPotter ( 1 ) Lowell
Starbuck ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 1 ) Anon
Elmo ( 0 )
fhqwhads ( 1 ) Jack
Jack ( 3 ) Kairyuu Elmo Starbuck
Jahudo ( 0 )
Kairyuu ( 1 ) DocPotter
Kise ( 0 )
Lowell ( 1 ) DeathRowKitty
Maelyn ( 2 ) Jahudo Ellibereth
Nicodemus ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 4 ) fhqwhads Kise Maelyn animorpherv1
Total ( 15 )

With 15 alive, 8 needed to lynch.
Deadline: 2/8 11am

@Doc: Remember the note in my signup about sending him a PM? That was when it was brought up. The issue was corrected before the game started (before role PMs went out).

@all: I'm taking a few days off from pretty much everything due to some personal issues, which may or may not involve travelling. If you want me replaced for it then go ahead. Mafia isn't really a top priority for me right now.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Lowell »

@DRK- No it's fine, I still love you.

One general note: the constant attention to the "OU" is a bit strange. While we're all benefitted from eliminating scum THERE I guess, it would seem the scum here benefit the most. Basically, the problem with this construct is that having another universe to talk/think about makes it even easier to
completely
ignore the fray while pretending to be active. doc, for instance. Seriously? FOSs to the other universe?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Jahudo »

Nico has been gone almost a week. He didn't like scumhunting in the wrong universe either, but he isn't scumhunting in this universe anymore!

Mod: Can you prod Nicodemus and Maelyn?

done
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Anon »

animorpherv1 wrote:
Jahudo wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:I think Anon is looking for an easy target.
What makes Elli an easy target? I see a legitimate case on him, even if it was easy to find.
I think if he truly found Elli scummy, he wouldn't just do "1 post shows scumhunting" he'd find something else as well. The lack of that makes me thinks he's looking for an easy way to get someone lynched.
/facepalm.

I have explained why I found Elli scummy. 1 post of 16 showing scumhunting is a reasonable scumtell, and not an easy way to get someone lynched. Why would I need to find something else if there is not something else? And what exactly of this makes me looking for an easy way to get someone lynched? Also, people dont get lynched with one vote, they get lynched with a majority which is the way people react to a case.
jahudo wrote:And you didn't think Maelyn or Kise, for example, were active lurking? They didn't have scumhunting posts either, IMO.
I was around at the time Elibereth posted 164, which tingled my scumdar and made me isolate him, as you can see in my reaction in 165. I agree with Maelyn and Kise being in the same vein, so Id like them to put their top suspects in followng posts.

@Jahudo, what are your thoughts of ani? I simply dont understand his accusation against me, do you?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Jack »

fhqwngads wrote:No, let me clarify: I think ENOUGH have been said about tactics. Continuing tactic talk is, in my opinion, starting to distract town atm.
This makes sense,
unvote:fhqwngads

Although I do find "we need to do this" statements are things scum like to say.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:31 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

@Anon:

I know one vote doesn't cause a lynch. I'm not
that
stupid. And it's Day 1, even if it is Page 11, AND strategy talking took up a whole bunch of pages. But IMO, if you find soemone scummy, you have at least 2 reasons, 1 main 1 ectra in case the main turns out to be bad/wrong.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Anon »

Ani, who do you think its more scummy?

Player A who votes for someone and doesnt have a reason to support his vote.

Player B who votes for someone and has one reason to support his vote which is clearly not wrong.

Player C who votes for someone and has two reasons to support this vote and one of them is wrong.
Maelyn
Maelyn
Townie
Maelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Maelyn »

Heya, I was just put off by the whole theory discussion. It's not something I'm used to really and confused me quickly.

I'll post more when I've read up and tell Mae to aswell.

~H~
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Maelyn wrote:Heya, I was just put off by the whole theory discussion. It's not something I'm used to really and confused me quickly.
You aren't the only one.

The above is the exact reason why we have basically no activity, but Universe 1 is taking off.

Mod: Request prods on everyone
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

A first. If B is using something obvious (like your case) then B, because he's not actually scumhunting.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Jack »

Vote:Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Prod received. I'll be rereading and posting something relevant later tonight.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Anon wrote:@Jahudo, what are your thoughts of ani? I simply dont understand his accusation against me, do you?
I think I understand his point. You didn't ask Elli questions in your vote post, as though you were okay just to plant a vote and not interact with him directly to get more reasons to call Elli scummy. If that's it, then I don't see how that's different than some other votes in this game.

And ani is actually getting you to reveal things without placing a vote. Though we might of helped him with that.

Anyway, I'm inspired:

@Ellibereth:
Ellibereth wrote:I'm not feeling this game yet, some people still haven't really posted.
Why did you say this when you had already declared 4 people town?
What are your top 3 scumpicks?
If Haelyn started scumhunting, would you switch to Kise who also hasn't started scumhunting yet?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Jack »

@ABR: I agree with lynching DGB
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:45 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Jack wrote:@ABR: I agree with lynching DGB

What is it about her that makes you feel she should be lynched?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Jah wrote:Why did you say this when you had already declared 4 people town?
What are your top 3 scumpicks?
If Haelyn started scumhunting, would you switch to Kise who also hasn't started scumhunting yet?
1) Not feeling = Not feeling Scum. I also didn't understand crap from the whole theory discussion so that depressed me.
2) Errr, if I have to gut it on the spot, Hae, Anon, and Doc. But that's based on nothing. See 1).
3) Depends on how she starts on scumhunting. And I prob wouldn't switch to V/LA Kise.
FLASH OF GREEN
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Jack »

Starbuck wrote:
Jack wrote:@ABR: I agree with lynching DGB

What is it about her that makes you feel she should be lynched?
I thought her reaction to the question evilsnail (I think?) asked was unnatural. It was a long way back in that game, which is to say, on page 11 or so like we are in this game.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Actually, screw that. From the one game I've played with Hayle/Mae and looking through a few of the others while reading there games, active lurking/lurking is normal from them.
Unvote, Vote Doc Potter

IIRC all he's done is fail miserably at talking about strategy and scum-hunting in the other universe. I don't think he even has any reads from this uni not based on strategy.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Yeah, I checked his ISO.
0-16 strategy
17 other uni
18-21 strategy
22-24 other uni
FLASH OF GREEN
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by DocPotter »

@DGB, #511. You brought a smile to my wifes face.

@ABR: She's too entertaining for you guys to lynch.

Lol Elli. Still keen I see. It's a good thing you are comming accross as town or I might be worried. Am I playing like I'm scum?
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

DocPotter wrote:Our universe should get all the Universe 2 mafia to claim right now.
We teleport 1, they day teleport 1 of their own and we lynch town. Then immediatly lynch town and teleport the third, before Universe 1 can react. (Or lynch anyone they teleport over)

Not good for the Mafia of Universe 2 of course, but we'd get a Universe 2 town win by the end of the week.
This is unfeasible to the point of ridiculousness, and kind of makes me think that you're trying to earn town points by suggesting strategies. Why would the mafia agree to this, ever? This was a pointless post, all it did was make it look like you were contributing.
Kise wrote:My gut grumbles at you, Jack.
Jack wrote:
Vote:Kise
@Jack: Could you explain this blatant OMGUS please?
Ellibereth wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:So, DRK your opinion is to teleport the players that aren't participating? I like that idea.
^^^ I endorse this. Teleport all Lurkers. :P
The trying to lynch faster so we teleport faster sounds interesting. Have to think about it.
My gut rumbles at this post. Sounds like you're endorsing quicklynching (which would likely benefit scum) but you're hesitant to take an actual stand on the issue.
Starbuck wrote:Jack, can you provide examples of what you are saying about fhq? That very much seemed like an opportunistic jump (especially since you don't give a case, and yes, a case INCLUDES examples of your accusations) to vote him. You are accusing him of not putting in sincere thought, can you also provide examples of where you find this to be so?
Jack wrote:
fhqwhgads wrote:All this talk about strategies all sound to me like plans to discourage town to actually scumhunt.
So, by your own claim here, half of your posts were deliberately discouraging the town from actual scumhunting.
This is just reaching now.

Vote: Jack
Starbuck chainsawing for fhqw noted.
Starbuck wrote:
Jack wrote:Mykonian in the other universe says I'm smart, for what it's worth.
Maybe you didn't read that right, Jack.
mykonian wrote:
@ the other universe
. Jack is trying to be smart and manipulative.

Town doesn't manipulate. Jack is scum.
Nice misrepresentation of mykonian.
This however I find hilarious beyond all description.

------------------

Eh, I kind of started to lose focus towards the end of my reread, but I think I'm going to go ahead and
Unvote
Vote: Doc
. His posts feel forced to me, like he's trying too hard be town. Other people I see as scummy as of right now would be fhwqhgads, Ellibereth, and possibly Starbuck.
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:17 pm

Post by DocPotter »

lol Nico. For picking on a satirical post I made before the game officially started (I think. Timezones) and trying to base a vote on it.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:36 pm

Post by Elmo »

*yells at mafiascum.net & real life*

DocPotter: No, just that he did break the setup pre-game, and would propose this plan if he were town. Therefore he can't be scummy for it, even if someone personally thinks it's a bad plan, since he would probably do the same if he were town; it's a null tell at worst.

Jahudo: I don't understand how being bandwagoned would help her do that, though. Do you think that, if she's town, her being bandwagoned is pro-town? I don't get it - if you don't think she's scummy, why do you want a wagon on her?
Lowell, 188 wrote:I have ani, anon, and ellibereth as town. Jack, Doc, and mae scum. Others I'm still working on.
Lowell, 236 wrote:I'm shuffling jack lower on my scum list. He gets points for bringing up new ideas, even if they're not all on the mark.
Sorry, what new ideas did he bring up between 188 and 236 that would justify doing that? He'd pretty much said his piece
before
188, that I can see - it looks like you're suddenly voicing less suspicion of Jack for no apparent reason, right after I started attacking him. Why is that, Lowell?
Jack wrote:But Elmo, my "knee jerk" reaction was to a plan that didn't take into account the basic rules of the game.
Uh, how? He accounted for everything I can see; the rules were ambiguous, and when the mod clarified, he updated the plan in response. I think that, at bare minimum, it would look dangerous enough to JackScum to get a reaction.
Jack wrote:unless the plan being argued against
is actually better
, you have a tough time arguing that someone is scum for promoting an alternate plan.
If I catch you pouring a bottle labelled "poison" into my coffee, it doesn't matter if I actually happen to keep milk in there, right? It's your intent that's important. You pulled a U-turn between post 96 and 156 - you very clearly switch from attacking him to going "oh, I'm not really attacking him". I think you freaked out slightly, then realised your stance wasn't credible.
zorastermod wrote:
Deadline: February 8th, 2010 at 11:00am EST

Teleportation Mafia Rules:
3. Each day has a deadline of 2 weeks.
If the deadline is reached, there will be no lynch
I would like to quote this, especially in light of site problems. Votes or even some kind of comment on Jack would be really nice from, like, most people at this point. I'd like to go over the game again, but the site's been just horrible lately, so, uh... yea, we'll see.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Post by Jack »

Elmo wrote:Uh, how? He accounted for everything I can see; the rules were ambiguous, and when the mod clarified, he updated the plan in response. I think that, at bare minimum, it would look dangerous enough to JackScum to get a reaction.
No, they weren't ambiguous. They clearly stated that the mafia teams were opposed to each other. I quoted that bit in my post. So the knee jerk reaction is to a plan that doesn't take into account basic features of the game. Why would a townie not have a knee jerk reaction to that?
Elmo wrote:If I catch you pouring a bottle labelled "poison" into my coffee, it doesn't matter if I actually happen to keep milk in there, right? It's your intent that's important.
But it does if
I
keep milk in there. Because then my intent is to pour milk. You would still have to show that my plan was bad, the plan that everyone else currently agrees we should do.

Elmo wrote: You pulled a U-turn between post 96 and 156 - you very clearly switch from attacking him to going "oh, I'm not really attacking him". I think you freaked out slightly, then realised your stance wasn't credible.
This shows you are skimming. Why do you ask people to comment on me when you haven't read my posts myself? Check my ISO 18 and 23. Check ISO 10-13 and see if it looks like I'm arguing that Kai is mafia.

*it would be so much nicer if it was only mafia who made bogus, poorly researched accusations, muses Jack to himself*
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:53 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

Nicodemus wrote:Starbuck chainsawing for fhqw noted.
Yeah, I noticed this as well. I decided to let it pass. (OMG bussing!)
Nicodemus wrote: Other people I see as scummy as of right now would be fhwqhgads, etc.
Anything you care to point out which I can defend to? Or is this just gut?
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”