Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Furry »

havingfitz wrote:@Flurry
:evil:

Just noticed that...

There is no "L" if furry. You can call me furry, toyger or hun. Any of those I respond to.
Temporary unretired alt
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Furry »

Oh yeah, that was supposed to segway into a meaningul post...

I think lowell and RV are the only ones left to say if they are countering or not. Lynx, PD, FF, Jazz have all posted with no counter already. Would like to get this game rolling if they can step up and say something here. Apathy is deadly
Temporary unretired alt
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Lowell »

Oh sorry, thought it went without saying. Not countering.

With this claim the idea of wolf-hunting today seems much more palatable again. I realize this would lead to a 4:3 town/mafia situation but with a confirmed innocent the odds would be a bit better than they look, and probably better than a 3:2:1 endgame with no confirmed innocents (if wolf lives and fitz dies). Obviously take what we can get, but I'll be voting to lynch someone I think is potential wolf OR potential mafia.
Rifka Viveka
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Rifka Viveka »

Not seer.

I believe 4:3 is better that 4:2:1 cause its twice as likely for the wolf to hit townie during night which put the game out of reach(barring some kind of luck) i dont see why its necessary to deride it as mindless when it seems mathematically obvious

Also i believe the wolf was on his partners lynch for bussing\town cred and the last two to vote him was dank\lynx when it was inevitable
Winter is coming.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by havingfitz »

One last check before I hit the hay and what do you know...we reached a claim quorum.

I got a positive on my N2 investigation on dank/Paradoxombie.

Thanks for replacing in for dank PD...sorry your gone again so soon but at least this time resulted in a proper lynch.

BTW...I hate getting rid of the wolf and not having any NKs now but if we had mislynched today and PD had got it wrong in his NK...mafia would have cruised to the win.

Vote: Paradoxombie
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Furry wrote:I think lowell and RV are the only ones left to say if they are countering or not. Lynx, PD, FF, Jazz have all posted with no counter already. Would like to get this game rolling if they can step up and say something here.
Agreed, and I see that Lowell and Rifka have now also not countered, so I think that's everyone now.
Furry wrote: Apathy is deadly
Also agreed, and especially after the extended length of the night phase for night 2, it's easy to become apathetic. However, fitz's claim should put an end to that. Looking forward to his results.

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Annnd, nice cross-post, I see.

Thanks, fitz. I thought we were going to have to wait until tomorrow morning (my time) to get your results, but this is much better than waiting!

Vote: Paradoxombie

Regards,
Jazz
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Furry »

Since its a confirmed guilty do people still want me putting up the way to deal with a counter?

Vote Paradox

If for any reason he is not a wolf, wolf needs to kill fitz who would obviously be mafia.

Should 4:3 with a confirmed should be interesting
Temporary unretired alt
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

Unvote,Vote: Paradox

Second time's the charm.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Furry wrote:Since its a confirmed guilty do people still want me putting up the way to deal with a counter?
I, for one, would find it interesting and useful to know for future games, as this is the first game I've ever played that has both Werewolves and Mafia.

Regards,
Jazz
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Furry »

Well I wasnt actually counting on a positive result... but what I had was

Counter means one of the following situations

seer-wolf
seer-mafia

We dont lynch either (unless its horribly obvious one is scum) and shoot for other mafia. We hit mafia, more information shows on who the seer is the next day and we should have a confirmed wolf if its B, and if its A just more information on the two (realisticly if its B seer dies, if its A other town dies). We hit town, wolf cant kill, or has to kill scum. In short time wolf will be caught, and we still end up with a similar scenario to what we have today.

It was a really confusing situation, and im not even 100% sure what the outcome would of been. I think the claim basically ended all chances wolf had, unless they managed to pull off a 3:2:1 scenario, where town loses unless scum gets hit at night.

Moreso then knowing what to do with a counter, this was me realizing that no counter completely eliminated wolf group from being a threat to the town. I tried to attempt to word posts in such a way that made scum not want to counter.
Temporary unretired alt
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:59 pm

Oh my vote didn't even matter as the lynch already happened.

So can we just clear Paradox's carcase out of the way and get to mafia already without any night interruption?
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Vote Count:

Paradoxombie:
Flava Flave, Riftka Viveka, havingfitz, Jazzmyn, Furry

Flava Flave:
Paradoxombie
Lowell:
Lynx The Antithesis

Not Voting: Lowell

Deep in the jungle many dangers exist.

An individual called Paradoxombie found himself cornered in every way possible.
There was no way to get out of it.

Paradoxombie,
Werewolf
, lynched Day Three.

Day Four; Begin!

Voting:
N/A

Not Voting:
N/A

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Deadline: February 23rd, 2010 at approximately 10 p.m.

Note: Mafia can now speak to each other during the day in their provided topic only for 36 hours after each lynch.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Given this:
ZEEnon wrote:
Note: Mafia can now speak to each other during the day in their provided topic only for 36 hours after each lynch.
Perhaps we should refrain from saying much at all in the thread until the scumchat time expires.

I don't want to bog down the game, but it seems to me that limiting the information that scum might glean from in-thread discussion by townies is a very good idea.

Regards,
Jazz
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by Furry »

Yep

Im just going to work on a bigger catch up post and make it this weekend sometime. I still havent read the game more then a D1 skim and deaths
Temporary unretired alt
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:51 pm

Jazzmyn wrote:Given this:
ZEEnon wrote:
Perhaps we should refrain from saying much at all in the thread until the scumchat time expires.

I don't want to bog down the game, but it seems to me that limiting the information that scum might glean from in-thread discussion by townies is a very good idea.

Regards,
Jazz
Agreed
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:06 am

Post by havingfitz »

OK...that should be about 36 hours. What now? Since we don't have to worry about NKs and looking too townie, I think it would be good to get eveyone's top 3 or 4 suspects. Thoughts?

Lowell and Lynx would be my main suspects but I need to reassess my suspicions...for them as well as everyone else.

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Lowell »

@fitz- some of us never have to worry about looking too townie.

I'm going to look back through the posts near the lynches on D1&2. I'd like particularly to hear from the new players before we get too far. My main worry at this point is that if either are scum, it'll be difficult to generate the will to lynch them if needed.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Furry »

Still need to read closer, but I like Lowell/FF(saber) lynches as the first two scum.

Mostly looking at these VCs

**Note, given that wolf-mafia are not on the same team, I am representing wolf as green, as they are not of the same alignment as mafia and are all dead.
**Note, I am putting fitz down as green
ZEEnon wrote:
saberwolf:
Memorable Raindrops, bigmc109, Paradoxombie, dank
bigmc109:
curiouskarmadog
, Budja, Lowell
Memorable Raindrops:
Scott Brosius, saberwolf
Lynx The Antithesis:
GinzkeyPlatz

Scott Brosius:
Lynx The Antithesis

Not Voting:
hewitt
ZEEnon wrote:
saberwolf:
Memorable Raindrops, bigmc109, Paradoxombie, dank,
Lynx The Antithesis, hewitt
bigmc109:
curiouskarmadog,
Budja, Lowell
Memorable Raindrops:
Scott Brosius, saberwolf
Lynx The Antithesis:
GinzkeyPlatz
ZEEnon wrote:
bigmc109:
curiouskarmadog,
Lowell, Flava Flave, Jazzmyn, Lynx The Antithesis,
dank
Lowell:
Paradoxombie,
hewitt
Flava Flave:
bigmc109
Sanhora:
Scott Brosius
Jazzmyn:
Sanhora
I think its Lowell/FF/(lynx?) mostly off of how the wagons moved from saber to bmc.

Saber(FF) as town would of needed to get to L-1 on at LEAST five town votes (knowing im town). I really doubt town gets to L-1 with no scum votes, leaning Lynx scum and FF. I would expect FF scum means Lynx scum, but I dont want a lynx lynch before a FF one.

Now, when the wagon went to bmc (non-mafia) we have four living players in there. I would expect at least two of [lowell, FF, lynx, Jazz] to be scum. I like Jazz for town, so it comes down to two+ of [lowell, FF, lynx]. I can actually see all three being scum, but there is a reoccuring theme of lowell and FF being scum in my VC analysis.

Not voting yet. Im most interested in what confirmed town has to say (as vote as there is something I noticed recently that can confirm another town if we hit certain things, again not said untill postgame/it happens).
Temporary unretired alt
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Furry wrote:Not voting yet. Im most interested in what confirmed town has to say (as vote as there is something I noticed recently that can confirm another town if we hit certain things, again not said untill postgame/it happens).
You're most interested in what
I
have to say? Outside of the two primary suspects I have at the moment it may be a bit before I get more in depth. I like the VC you did though I'm not sure where all the VC are coming from. Were they the 3 end of day VC's for each of the three lynches? It didn't look like it and those would be the most helpful IMO. If they are the lynch VCs....disregard and I blame it on another post-bedtime post.

Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Furry »

havingfitz wrote:
Furry wrote:Not voting yet. Im most interested in what confirmed town has to say (as vote as there is something I noticed recently that can confirm another town if we hit certain things, again not said untill postgame/it happens).
You're most interested in what
I
have to say? Outside of the two primary suspects I have at the moment it may be a bit before I get more in depth. I like the VC you did though I'm not sure where all the VC are coming from. Were they the 3 end of day VC's for each of the three lynches? It didn't look like it and those would be the most helpful IMO. If they are the lynch VCs....disregard and I blame it on another post-bedtime post.
Actually yes you. I spent most of my time in structures thinking about any way to put having a confirmed in this situation to our advantage and found it I think. It depends on where you are going though if its exploitable, and forcing your action would actually stop it.

The vote counts are formation of saber/FF wagon, apex of said wagon, and end of D1.
Temporary unretired alt
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by Furry »

Also D3-end VC isnt going to be useful, it was result driven
Temporary unretired alt
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:28 pm

My top three are:

1. Lowell
2. Flave
3.RV

Lowell's flopping of stances on Saber largely leads me to believe that there is indeed a connection between the two.

Scott had a strong point of leaving Saber be when everyone was going after him. But I'm not as sure about RV as the other two.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

I'm pretty swamped with work IRL at the moment, with hard deadlines and such, but that should all be resolved by the end of business tomorrow (Friday) so I'll have lots of time over the weekend to go into detail on why the following are my top three choices for Mafia, but for now I thought I should at least post them.

Flava, Lowell, Rifka.

Micro version of reasons: vote analysis, post analysis viz interaction/lack of interaction, wagon convergence, and scummy content. Detail to follow after I get through this week at work.

Regards,
Jazz
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

Vote Lynx

Rifka would be my next choice.

Then Lowell or Jazz. Hard to pick one of them.
Town: 3-5
Scum: 1-2
3rd party: 2-0
For the sake of MMM's happiness and my own, my sig has been placed here in a more condensed way. I apologize for the old sig and promise to have changed my ways for the better. <3 MMM

Return to “Completed Open Games”