Newbie 893 - Newbieland! (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:19 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Gayle wrote:So you are back from V/LA now?
Sort of. The schoolwork's still there, but I'm making a go at trying to get something done here. Although I may have to replace out if activity goes up, I think I have too much on my plate right now.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Gayle »

I have an idea! Let's quick lynch Nikanor and then you won't have to worry about this game for awhile!

I was shocked to realize I was the only one voting him. Hop on, guys. Bandwagons can only lead to victory.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Nikanor »

Bleh, I'll catch up later tonight. You guys post too often.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Gayle wrote:I have an idea! Let's quick lynch Nikanor and then you won't have to worry about this game for awhile!

I was shocked to realize I was the only one voting him. Hop on, guys. Bandwagons can only lead to victory.
I agree with this enough- Nik jumped on the wagon with zero reasoning whatsoever other that "I trust MME because he's a good player. Vote: Riza".

I'll give Nik until tomorrow, but if there's nothing by then, he's definitely earned my vote.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Sorry, but I wasn't able to catch up tonight. I have no time tomorrow, either. Friday is a promise, though.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:08 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Gayle wrote: @RayFrost: You think Pom and Nikanor are the scum right? Is this because they are both independently scummy?
I don't think that it is necessary for
both
to be scum. Also, I don't think Pome is scummy. It was sainty that I was giving the evil eye.

I feel that they are the most likely to be scum individually, but I don't think they are scum together at this time.

I'd be fine with a lynch of either saintkerrigan (slightly preferred) or nikanor.
don't you feel silly now?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:58 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Mod: I need to be replaced.

I'm really sorry about this, but mafia is actually stressing me out right now. That's a pretty good sign that I need to take a break.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:47 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Gayle wrote:@Chau: If you had to lynch someone other than Pom, who would it be and why?
Eh. Other then Pom I don't have anyone I would be comfortable with lynching. My next two suspects would be Nika and Frost however. But that's mainly because their posts are so lacking in content I can't get a read on them at all. The fact that Nika keeps extending his 'I'll catch I promise" rather then replacing out makes me feel like he's doing it on purpose though. So as of now my tops are Pom, Nika, Frost in that order.

Frost, can you explain to me why you feel SK is so suspicious? Is it just because of her meta read?
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:19 am

Post by Gayle »

Scummiest, from green to dark red wrote:
Gayle
[SaintKerrigan & Chau]
Nikanor
My Milked Eek
Pomegranate
RayFrost
Nikanor's had no good reason for his vote. Worse, he had a
scummy
reason for his vote. However, his predecessor didn't seem all that scummy to me.

MME replaced Vaporeonage, which doesn't really give me a read. While he seems to be actually scumhunting (day one, at least), his case against Riza seems like it was manufactured. Also, I find some of his responses from earlier in the day scummy.

Pomegranate is not doing any scumhunting, she jumps on the Riza wagon with little reason, she accuses me of being scummy, but when asked to explain why she claims that she no longer finds me scummy, she attacks over trivial things, and she burgles MME's "You should have defended Riza"
defense
tactic. "Burgles" because she physically entered his home and stole it.

Speaking of not doing any scumhunting, if you look back at RayFrost's posts you'll see he hasn't done anything either. He has done plenty of arguing or explaining, but he has added very little. I don't like MME's case against Riza, but RayFrost's is even worse. He doesn't think Pom is scummy? His top suspect is SaintKerrigan, who replaced Jarc?

chau and SK, are not being considered at this time.

@RayFrost:
What do you find scummy about SK and Jarc? Why do you think Pom is town?

@Pom:
Can you explain what you meant by "But [Riza's] timing is the key to her scumminess"? Who is your top suspect and why?

@Chau:
If Pom flips town, where do your suspicions go? If she flips scum, do you believe Nikanor is most likely to be her scum buddy? What was your opinion of Hetemens?

Vote: RayFrost

For making SK replace out. Newbies aren't enough for you anymore?
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:11 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

My Milked Eek wrote:Also,
Nikanor and
SaintKerri
Mr. Replacement
, I need your input on the entire thread. I expect something of value within your next two posts.
Eek
!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:33 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Currently searching for a SK replacement.
green shirt thursdays
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:45 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Hello, I'm replacing in for SK. I'll do start my re-read tonight/tommorow should be caught up by weekend.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

@Pom: Can you explain what you meant by "But [Riza's] timing is the key to her scumminess"? Who is your top suspect and why?
One of the reasons I found Riza scummy was because of the following sequence:

Vapor votes Pom, putting her at L-1
Pom FoSes Vapor
Riza mentions suspicion of Hetemens
JRC FoSes Vapor
Riza FoSes Vapor

I think that this was mentioned before- if Riza found Vapor scummy, why didn't she FoS him in her first post? Why did she wait until a couple of people had already expressed suspicion on him? That was the problem with Riza's timing.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Gayle »

Gayle wrote:@Pom: Am I the only one you have suspicions of? What do you think of the Riza Wagon?
Gayle wrote:Who is your top suspect and why?
...Are you ignoring this question on purpose? Maybe the question is too boring, let's try to liven it up a bit.

You are a one shot dayvig. Town has been manipulated by the clever stratagems of scum for the entire game, and there is little hope for victory. However, if you vig the right person,
right now
, you may be able to revive town's chances to triumph over scum.

Also, this is your avatar.

Now, who would you shoot in the face and why?
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

TheButtonmen wrote:Hello, I'm replacing in for SK. I'll do start my re-read tonight/tommorow should be caught up by weekend.
Because doing my readings about hepatotoxicity caused by pharmacological interactions of acetaminophen and statins in the liver was boring I instead read/skimmed the thread.

While I make notes, I'll start of by
Unvote:, Vote: Nikanor
, He's done quite literally nothing, the most you get out of him are posts defending himself and promisis to post later. He's sitting back and watching the arguments happen, that combined with his well timed hop onto the Riza wagon screams "SCUM WATCHING TOWNIES FIGHT".

More to come as I do some re-reads of parts / make some notes.

@Everyone:
Nows your chance to direct me to something you feel is important so as to bias my reading of the game!
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Gayle wrote: Also, this is
your
TheButtonmens next avatar.
Fixed.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

TheButtonmen wrote:
Gayle wrote: Also, this is
your
TheButtonmens next avatar.
Fixed.
Do it now.
Eek
!
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@Pom:
Happy B.Day

@MME:
But Riker, Picard and Worf with quizical expressions and cunning hats! How can I just skip them?

@RFrost:
Why did you want SK (the lurker) lynched over Nik (the active lurker)?

Gayle:
While there are times to vote people other then your top suspect, they are usually closer to deadline / when it's clear you can't get #1 suspect lynched. Why do you feel that your vote is better used on someone other then your #1 suspect at the moment?

@Everyone:
Some random thoughts that struck me, I'm throwing out there, feel free to chime in about them;

A) Anyone here know a way to get the view posts by a certain person working? (By that I mean the profile one, not the in thread ISO)

B) The D1 case against plum seems to be based largely on an inverse appeal to experiance / authority (aka The IC isn't scum hunting as much as we expect). Did I miss anything in the case there or was the lack of expected scum hunting the main factor at that time.

C) This game has had it's fair share of replacments, do you think thats good / bad / null for town?

D) Am I crazy for expecting that the person I'm replacing to have some kind of notes / ideas they could PM me?

More content later, need to go fall down, go comatose, hallucinate vividly for a few hours then suffer amnesia about the whole experiance.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:24 pm

Post by Gayle »

A) The search is disabled, so you can't.
B) It isn't that
Plum
Pom hasn't been scum hunting "as much as we expect", it is that she hasn't been scum hunting
at all
C) This question is a either a waste of time or scummy.
D) That would be against the rules, sir!

Voting RayFrost 'cause I wanna vote RayFrost.

Changed my mind about Pom just now. Placing bets on RayFrost+[MME or Nikanor]. All or nothing. Hope to make millions.

@MME
: You suspect Pom, Nikanor, and SaintKerrigan, correct? Currently, who do you think is the best lynch, and why? What do you think about RayFrost?

@Button
: Who is your top suspect and why?

Happy Birthday, Pom. I was surprised by how young you are. I've obtained this actual photo of Pom. If you are wondering about that cup, my sources tell me it is Crown Royal Whiskey. Pom doesn't always let it on, but she is pretty hardcore.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:02 pm

Post by RayFrost »

TheButtonmen wrote:
@RFrost:
I didn't have a particular preference. I voted SK because he popped into mind first.

Have I unvoted yet?

Just to make sure...
unvote
not going to vote nikanor until I check a VC on his vote count.

Don't want to repeat certain... errors.
don't you feel silly now?
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:49 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Gayle wrote:
@Chau:
If Pom flips town, where do your suspicions go? If she flips scum, do you believe Nikanor is most likely to be her scum buddy? What was your opinion of Hetemens?
I haven't looked into possible scum buddies yet to be honest. I tend to concentrate on finding one first before looking for a buddy.

I didn't really pay much attention to him d1 since he disappeared for quite some time. But reading back his posts actually give me a bad vibe. Overall I felt like he was jumping around quite a bit. The fact that he completely ignored the fact that two people were trying to bandwagon him was rather interesting but what got me was his vote on pom. Not only was it poorly reasoned but he had even stated that Frost seemed more scummy yet he voted for Pom. It was just an odd vote overall and it seemed as if he did it only because he was being questioned about it.

The problem is Het was only there for like...what, three days? So as for how reliable the analysis is I'm still deciding.

MME - What's your case on Nika?

POM - you said this to Gayle earlier:
Pom wrote:Yes, I think you are scum. There is obviously a gut aspect. There's also a logic aspect. I can't explain why my gut is making me go all twitchy. I will explain my logic later.
Pom wrote:Well, you ignored the corpse until you decided it was scummy that I ignored it.
Then you changed to...
Pom wrote:Notice that I am not voting you. I find you about neutral right about now, possibly even town. All my reads got mixed up after Riza's flip, and I'm still trying to sort them out. I know that there are scum here somewhere.
Care to explain your change from "I have a logical case on you" to "Oh I have no read on you and you might even be town!"?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:38 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Weekly V/LA
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:27 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Gayle wrote:Blah, blah,blah

D) That would be against the rules, sir!

blah,blah, blah

@Button
: Who is your top suspect and why?
Really?! That's a weird rule. Also in a crazy twist, my top suspect is who I'm voting, Nik is what I hate most
Dutch
an active lurker, he is going out of his way to avoid saying anything and when he actually bothers to post some shred of content its never really anything definate that we could hold him too. An example would be his entry onto the Riza wagon, he posted multiple times clearly saying he was on because he trusted someone else's case sight unseen. In the time he spent making ti clear he hadn't read the case, he could have read it twice, found some reasons to support it and used those to hop on the wagon. Basically I distrust the amount of effort he's putting into not saying anything that could be used agianst him.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:36 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

RayFrost in ISO post[b] #85[/b] wrote:
TheButtonmen wrote:
@RFrost:
I didn't have a particular preference. I voted SK because he popped into mind first.
RayFrost in ISO post [b]#84[/b] wrote:I'd be fine with a lynch of either saintkerrigan (slightly preferred) or nikanor.
Forgive my confusion but in your last post you said you slightly prefered a SK lynch rather then a Nik lynch no? Thus it would seem to me you do have a particular prefrence, that or I'm reading too much into your wording.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:43 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Gayle wrote:
Gayle wrote:@Pom: Am I the only one you have suspicions of? What do you think of the Riza Wagon?
Gayle wrote:Who is your top suspect and why?
...Are you ignoring this question on purpose? Maybe the question is too boring, let's try to liven it up a bit.
Nikanor. I said that I would vote him if he didn't provide the content hhe promised. He should have had it yesterday, but he said that he needed unyil Friday. I will not be on MS later today. Therefore,
Vote: Nikanor

I was also suspicious of SK, but I will give TBM some time.

I am also suspicious of RF.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”