Mini 914 ~ Mafia Reverberation (Game Over!)

Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:57 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

Rhinox wrote:
mod: why was jazzmyn allowed to unvote?
Clearly, because she is a GREAT WIZARD!

(Or maybe because the front page says that an unvote gets treated as a no-purge.)
VP Baltar wrote:That's one strong beverage!
More than one, actually. :oops:

As is probably obvious, my summaries are in alphabetical order. I'm going to go out for breakfast before continuing, but I'll put up the rest of them in a little while.

Regards,
Jazz
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:13 am

Post by Rhinox »

oh... right... :oops:
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:58 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

Serial Clergyman: He voted for Porkens and asked others to vote for Porkens without giving reasons, and then no sooner than someone obliged (VP), he moved his vote to Sotty on the basis that she asked "Why Porkens?" and on the basis that she was "overcautious", which strikes me as bizarre. Asking questions is a good thing, not a bad thing, and asking for a reason for a vote is hardly "overcautious". He then refused to answer the question for the longest time, despite several requests. His "I'm confused" post (88) looks like nothing but filler fluff since the questions he asked are easily answered by just reading the opening posts of the game. In his post 99, he responded to Sotty's 96 but it struck me as disingenuous when he wrote that asking "Why Porkens" is not the same question as "why are you voting Porkens", followed by "Honestly guys, this case is making itself. The only reason I'm still typing is because I'm trying to break this keyboard before the warranty is due", which just rubs me the wrong way. I see that he later clarified the first part of that post, saying that he was not saying that the two questions were different, but the way it was worded initially made me think he meant the opposite, so I'll disregard that one. I do agree with him that Sotty was over-reaching to find a connection between Spyrex and him, but Sotty's logic was sound, even though the evidence was slight, and overall, Serial sounds to me to be trying too hard to justify his vote. Then, his post 175 in which he asked Spyrex if he's still on the Sotty wagon "out of choice or apathy" struck me as an odd question, primarily for its timing, because between that post and Serial's previous post, BC had replaced out, zoraster had been called out for intentional lurking then re-entered the game, Nacho had replaced in, Juls had announced her departure, and zoraster had amassed quite a wagon, surpassing the one on Sotty, and yet Serial didn't comment on any of those events at all. And since then, he's made one further post, without commenting on most players or events. Leaning scum.

Sotty: I've played with Sotty a few times before and her play here matches what I have seen when she is Town. Lots of good questioning, good responses to pressure being put on her, strong scumhunting. I agree with her position on purges (i.e. doing 2 purges at first and seeing where that gets us). There isn't much she's written that I disagree with, and while I do think she was over-reaching regarding a Spy/SC connection, as I mentioned above, there was logic behind it even if little evidence, and it was early enough in the game that one wouldn't expect more evidence. Plus, she readily admitted that she might have been talking about teams too early in the game. I'm having a hard time seeing why so many people are (or at least were) sold on a Sotty lynch as I really just don't see it. She's among my strongest Town reads.

Spyrex: He started talking early on about multiple purges, which is fine, but I wouldn't support more than 2 at this point, for reasons earlier expressed, and also because I think that too many purge wagons at once would permit anti-town players to spread themselves among competing wagons while still being on lynches, thus making it more difficult to figure out which are the scum. E.g. On a normal 1-lynch-at-a-time wagon, the scum typically don’t want to be all on the same wagon even though they really want to lynch, because they have to distance from each other or else later wagon analyses are more likely to flush them out. However, if there are multiple lynches at one time, all of the scum can contribute to a lynch wagon while not being on the same wagon, which may provide them with extra coverage. Still, I think 2 is a good number because (as noted earlier by Herod) the advantages of single purging do not outweigh the risk of allowing the scum one kill per purge, assuming they can kill. I have to say, though, that I am uncertain what Spy's current stance on multiple purges is as he has advocated multi-purges, mass purges, 2-4 daily, and 2 per day at various points. Spy: what is your current stance on this? I agree with Spy's point that multiple lynches keeps control in the hands of the Town vs. in the hands of PRs or scum, but I'm just not clear on how many per day he currently thinks is optimal. As for the doublevote power, I don't think that's necessarily indicative of town or scum, but the timing of it on Spy's part makes me think he's more likely town than scum (i.e., he let us know early on that he has the ability), but using the double vote that early and without much to go on is a bit reckless in my view, since he can't change one of his votes, and needless to say, I don't agree with his choice of target. That said, Spy did explain his vote on Sotty in 114, and made good logical points and good questions in his 131 regarding Juls vote on him. I understand why I am on his list in post 187, and can't fault him for that, since I got off to a slow start in this game. I disagree with his desire to lynch zoraster, Sotty, and Rhinox today because (a) I wouldn't support more than 2 purges today, and (b) none of those three players would be on my top 2 list. I don't understand why he would absolutely not lynch MO, Porkens or SC today. Spy: please elaborate on that. Neutral.

More to follow.

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

VPBaltar: I found myself waffling a bit on VP as I reread the game, sometimes thinking he's town, sometimes thinking he's scum. I liked some of his early posts, but not his following SC's call for voting someone without reasons, and then saying that there was a valid reason without saying what it was. And early on, I thought he was kind of fence-sitting on Sotty (post 115). But his jump over to zoraster was justified since he had knowledge that zoraster was posting elsewhere while not posting here, and he made a good catch on Porkens' inconsistency in 183. I agree with him about Porkens' use of the newbcard as mentioned in my summary on Porkens, and I like that he went to the trouble to re-read the posts to review the Sotty wagon. At first, I thought he was just posturing about that because he was asking others to tell him about it instead of rereading himself, but then he went and reread himself, so +town points there. I am wary of him because I know that he has a reputation for being very skilled at looking town when he is scum, but my overall read of him is leaning town.

Zoraster: I didn't like his entrance (post 6) saying he’s excited to play, ending with "please don’t hurt me" as his subsequent lack of participation doesn’t jibe with his professed excitement and his "please don’t hurt me" is out of place and sounds like a "I’m not very good at this, guys" pre-emptive plea/excuse for future use. After he got some votes for lurking (while actively posting elsewhere), he came in at 156 and made an excuse that does not sound very believable to me. His first substantive post was pretty light on content; although he did give a few reads, there wasn't much meat on the bones, which suggests to me that he started posting just to try to shake off some of the votes against him, but isn't doing any real analysis or reading in great detail. I disagree with his stance on conducting only 1 purge at a time, but he also said that he feels strongly enough about not conducting multiple purges that he would rather he be the sole purge to avoid risking a second purge, and that sounds to me more like something a townie would say than something a scum would say. I realize that since I got to that point in my new notes last night, others have said that they have done something similar as scum, so I might have to reconsider that but my initial reaction was that it was more likely to come from town than scum, so I moved zoraster from my Scummy column over to my Neutral/leaning town column. However, I haven't been impressed with his subsequent posts, so I'm going to further shuffle him to the left to my Neutral column.

And that completes my summaries for now. I'll post a tl/dr version and my choice for Incanting in a while. This has been an awful lot of typing.

Regards,
Jazz
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:57 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:14 am

Post by Herodotus »

VP Baltar wrote:
ZOMG, thanks!
wtf?
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'll take it as a sign from above (the Saints) that we should purge SerialClergyman because he's Australian and everyone knows they don't watch American football.
YOUR AD HERE

Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:34 am

Post by Herodotus »

Jazzmyn wrote:I don't understand why [Spyrex] would absolutely not lynch MO, Porkens or SC today.
Ditto. I don't have a clear town read on any of them.

Porkens is moving in all directions. He became less active once people started scumhunting. I'm reading his posts in ISO, and the amount of time between 15 and 16 is just bizzare. He gives a reason why he might unincant Sotty, and suggests a completely different purging strategy, then moves to Rhinox in his next post without giving a reason... but they're 3.5 days apart. Then in 17, he wants to direct my vote and Rhinox's vote. Away from the person he and I are both voting (Rhinox.)
So, when I logged on, I was thinking about incanting Serial, since he's inactive and unhelpful. And VP's incantation made me like the idea even better, since two incantations is more pressure than one. But I feel like Porkens is at least as deserving of a vote from me here as Serial.

unincant, incant Porkens

Sotty wrote:VP seemed to be setting ground work to jump on my wagon promising a review. I was fully expecting him to incant me with the tone of his posts that lead up to that, but he doesn't. Instead choosing to stick by his initial read of my wagon. He gets a few townie points here simply because as scum he could have easily jumped on me if he wanted. I just got the feeling that he legit re-read my wagon to come to a conclusion. Scum would have a conclusion and then just re-read to find things that reinforce it.
I've seen VP, as scum in a different game, talk about a player being suspicious, then do a PBPA and declare a more townish read. (Though there wasn't a wagon on the player at the time, and he knew there was another scumgroup.) I agree with your conclusion about him right now. Somewhere in the middle, not seeming to be clearly town or scum.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

TL/DR version.

Jazz's reads:
Town: Herodotus, Jahudo, Sotty
Leaning Town: VP Baltar
Neutral: Rhinox, Spyrex, zoraster
Neutral/Leaning Scum: Nachomamma8
Leaning Scum: Mighty Orbots, Porkens, SerialClergyman

I would purge up to 2 of these 4 players today: Nacho, MO, Porkens, SC
I would not purge these players today: Herod, Jahudo, Sotty

Incant: SerialClergyman

(Nothing to do with the football thing)

Regards,
Jazz
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

:arrow:
Sotty7 (P-5)
~
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-
Jahudo

zoraster (P-6)
~ Mighty Orbots,
VP Baltar
Nachomamma8

Mighty Orbots (P-6) ~
zoraster
Sotty7

SerialClergyman (P-6)
~
VP Baltar
Jazzmyn

Rhinox (P-7)
~
Herodotus
Porkens

Nachomamma8 (P-7)
~
Rhinox

Porkens (P-7)
~
Herodotus

No Purge (P-7)
~
Jazzmyn
Jahudo

-Nachomamma8 put in V/LA a few days ago, and will continue to be absent through the week. I'm going to ask around and see if I can get a temp. replacement.

--At Intensity θ, it will take 8 Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Monday, February 8, 2010...

---

The Luxomen pillar was almost at a viable strength at this point.
Of course, it was far more interesting to test it than it was to simply say as much... And a suitable sacrifice was found easily.

--- CryMeARiver ---
Self-Aligned Object of Derision
--- Modkilled and Autolossed I1.

Incantation continues as is.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

I've actually just watched the game, despite being Australian. AND we don't even have Superbowl commercials, so I had normal crappy Australian commercials.

I'm not sure why I should move my vote off Sotty, to be honest. I haven't commented on zoraster because I think it's a wagon based on very little (intentional lurking is barely a scumtell). Sotty didn't answer the strong point about her conflicting views at all well.

Jazzmyn gets :roll: points for squeezing a category for her reads in between town and leaning scum called 'town/leaning scum'. You put those kids in their place!

VP should know better about my town meta, but I'll forgive him because he's pretty.

I've played a few games with Sotty and believe her to be an excellent player, so her activity is not much of a factor in my vote, more her style. Jazzmyn either intentionally or not missed the point - she asked a question that had been answered twice previously. This is not good, questioning town play. It might be her as town, but it's as good a lead as any.

I tried to get to understand the zoraster case, I even asked for reasons earlier, but few concrete have been provided. In my opinion, it's always worth being suspicious of cases where someone explains what someone else meant. For example:
I didn't like his entrance (post 6) saying he’s excited to play, ending with "please don’t hurt me" as his subsequent lack of participation doesn’t jibe with his professed excitement and his "please don’t hurt me" is out of place and sounds like a "I’m not very good at this, guys" pre-emptive plea/excuse for future use
For example - this is Sotty's first post:
Basically there is no excuse for lurking in this game. Not that there should be lurking in any game, but there you go.
I think this looks like she's scum setting up the fact she's going to go after easy target lurkers, and by saying it early it looks like she's being all protown when really she just wants an easy lynch. The second part looks fake to me - why say there should never be lurking? I think she's pushing for town points.

See what I mean? It's all drivel. You can do it to just about anybody. All zoraster said was that he's excited to play the game and I reckon he probably is.

No - worst case so far goes to Sotty with a terrible Spy/SC theory that has since ditched Spy because he's obv town. That's concrete.

Of the most interesting other players so far:

Jahudo - made a good observation about Sotty, then eventually voted, then unvoted and hasn't revoted after signalling a possible shift to the MO wagon. That's certainly unusual.

Spyrex is town. Hello Spyrex!

VP has actively defended Sotty from just about everything thrown at her. Is this conscious, or have you just treated every argument on merit?
I'm old now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Jazz wrote:I don't understand why he would absolutely not lynch MO, Porkens or SC today.
Wow, that there done be some words.

This part I'll address specifically though.

MO isn't amount the M (Zor) but the O that I like. Something about the style seems mellow versus faked mellow at this point and the ability to jump right into the fire goes far for me with a day 1.

SC, realistically, pushing a decent push as a slam dunk that early with the high probability of backfiring doesn't strike me as a scum machination. Additionally, pushing the game forward when with a decreasing purge number being a nice bottle for the proverbial scum teat is a OK.

Porkens is the easiest. A POWERFUL WIZARD knows that unless he's playin' me like a pro that whole "Prove to me that you might not be town, sucker!" discussion makes about no sense unless one was going to think that both Porkens AND I were scum together. Which, as I am made from the purest black magics and awesome, we know isn't true thusly..

Jazz's wall o' texts needs some parsing but that's something. We'll see if it stays that way.
Sotty wrote:Spy this is the third time I am going to have to ask you, but what reactions out side of my own did you get from your double vote on me? You said that you did it partly for reactions, so what happened? Please stop ignoring me Sad
Yours were all I were really interested in at that point? The others are moot until there's a flip.

I really didn't think / meant to ignore that question though, ma bad.

----

Rhinox, well:
So, when I logged on, I was thinking about incanting Serial, since he's inactive and unhelpful. And VP's incantation made me like the idea even better, since two incantations is more pressure than one. But I feel like Porkens is at least as deserving of a vote from me here as Serial.
Woosh.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by Herodotus »

SC wrote:VP should know better about my town meta, but I'll forgive him because he's pretty.
I don't think you are playing at all like you did in our last game together, in which you were town.
Spyrex wrote:that whole "Prove to me that you might not be town, sucker!" discussion makes about no sense unless one was going to think that both Porkens AND I were scum together.
Um, what? Are you taking the line "fess up" in Porken's early vote seriously? Or the part where he asked you for an example of you "pulling a stunt" as scum? I think you're using wishful thinking if you see that as a town tell.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:44 pm

Post by Herodotus »

SpyreX wrote:Rhinox, well:
Woosh.
I'm not Rhinox, but to restate more clearly:
Serial was being inactive (read: lurking) and unhelpful. (I don't remember exactly what I meant by "unhelpful", but it was mostly that he hadn't said much in his previous few posts that looked to me like it would help find the scum.)
When I logged in, I was planning to incant him, partly for pressure.
I saw VP's incantation, and thought, "good, now when I incant SC, there will be even more pressure than if I was the only one."
But I read Jazzmyn's comments on Porkens and her response about Spyrex's townlist. That made me decide to reread Porkens.
Rereading Porkens made me realize how bizzare his play has been throughout the game.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:33 am

Post by Jahudo »

I like Jazzy's surge of activity but I'm cautious because some, if not alot, of the opinions can be seen as established, popular views. But that's hard to avoid when you're basically doing a catchup post after 10 pages of talk. Nothing jumps out at me yet as scummy, but I'm still piecing through it. I do like that she's not just going after the popular wagons and the popular reasons.

@Porkens: Do you find Rhinox scummy, or did you just want Sotty and zor to have the same number of votes?

I don't want to fully excuse Porkens' behavior on the grounds of meta. But some things like the "newbcard" still don't bother me. Though I am starting to wonder why he is advocating a zoraster purge without saying much about him.

Me miss Zorblag but no think absence reflect troll alignment. Also I can't find anything on MO as a scum tell besides the time he asked Spy about his 2x vote. I don't think one instance of holding out a read is solid enough evidence. If I'm not mistaken he still hasn't given an opinion about Spy's vote?

And I guess zoraster's not too concerned with looking like a lurker. Did he disappear again?
He just places his vote on MO and stops scumhunting. Not too townish there.

SpyreX wrote:SC, realistically, pushing a decent push as a slam dunk that early with the high probability of backfiring doesn't strike me as a scum machination. Additionally, pushing the game forward when with a decreasing purge number being a nice bottle for the proverbial scum teat is a OK.
Wait, what is the scum teat in this analogy? Late incantations? Is this a town tell on SC, or a byproduct?

I've actually been looking at SC as a possible lyncher. His play makes more sense as that than scum, because he wouldn't have to survive that long. This is just a gut feeling I have, but it's what I think of when I see his involvement with Sotty.

His initial vote on Sotty was innocent at the time and had good but weak reasoning. Definitely not enough to be comfortable purging. More for pressure and reactions.

The way I'm reading the next exchange is that Sotty was ok to ask the question, but started thinking connections too early and that's where the valid suspicion on her continued.

The Spy/SC connection is not grounded with good evidence, but she did back away from that point so I can possibly think that she did not feel as strongly about that opinion, like most early day 1 opinions about scum/not scum are not that strong.

But SC has held onto one point longer than I think town ever would:
SerialClergyman wrote:she asked a question that had been answered twice previously.
SC's latest post and I think he's still twisting the case around. Sotty clearly did not ask the reasons for the wagon (the part that SC answered twice previously).

There are other posts where SC is trying to direct the conversation of others' onto Sotty. He didn't say what he liked about my case on Sotty. All he wanted was my vote.

In a hilarious twist, I have a sneaking suspicion that Spyrex is his other target. (The SC/Spy connection!!) He's been calling Spy obvtown too hard, which must look like a billboard for scum.

I'm saying this all now because it's a strong enough gut feeling that I don't want SC on Sotty's wagon if he's going to be purged. That's all. We don't need to purge SC, because I'd rather find the mafia-types. We don't have to keep Sotty alive if we think he's in the mafia.

Thoughts on this?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:43 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

Answer the question 'Why Porkens' without giving reasons for the wagon.
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Hero wrote:I've seen VP, as scum in a different game, talk about a player being suspicious, then do a PBPA and declare a more townish read. (Though there wasn't a wagon on the player at the time, and he knew there was another scumgroup.) I agree with your conclusion about him right now. Somewhere in the middle, not seeming to be clearly town or scum.
In fairness, that was you and you were scum from an opposing team! Oh, how I loathe that I didn't join that wagon when I had the opportunity.
SC wrote:I'm not sure why I should move my vote off Sotty, to be honest.
Perhaps because the wagon is really weak? I deconstructed the whole thing and there is like one good point. I hardly think it should be the leading wagon.
SC wrote:VP should know better about my town meta, but I'll forgive him because he's pretty.
Nah, I think I'm pretty spot on actually. You have tunnelled hardcore this game, which is VERY atypical for SC-town on day 1. I expect you to actually analyze the wagon you are on continually and re-evaluate if needed. You're not doing that at all this game. You've just latched onto this wagon and have stayed on it until you could watch reasons develop for you to be there legitimately. That's not SC town behavior at all.

I don't even know a single other player you're suspicious of now that I think about it. It's page 11 in case you haven't noticed either.
SC wrote:Jahudo - made a good observation about Sotty, then eventually voted, then unvoted and hasn't revoted after signalling a possible shift to the MO wagon. That's certainly unusual.
What is unusual about that?
SC wrote:VP has actively defended Sotty from just about everything thrown at her. Is this conscious, or have you just treated every argument on merit?
I'm treating the arguments on their own merits. I wanted to look back because I felt that I was missing something so many other people were seeing, however, when I did look at the details it was obvious to me that I was correct the first time. I agreed with the only good point made on the entire wagon (Jahudo's) and pointed out why the rest are crap.

I don't have a massive town read on Sotty, but when I see a wagon that poorly formed, I'm inclined to believe scum are behind it, so I have no problem tearing it down and starting something better.
Spy wrote:SC, realistically, pushing a decent push as a slam dunk that early with the high probability of backfiring doesn't strike me as a scum machination.
Well, I don't think any kind of bravado in the early pages is more than a null tell. What do you think about his tunnelling though? What do you think of the arguments he's made about Sotty? Have you seen SC as both town and scum?
Jahudo wrote:I've actually been looking at SC as a possible lyncher.
Hmm, that is definitely a possibility and something I forgot to consider.
Jahudo wrote:We don't need to purge SC, because I'd rather find the mafia-types.
Multi-purges! Lest we forget. I'd rather purge someone I think could be mafia but also lyncher rather than someone who could be mafia but also town.
YOUR AD HERE

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Rhinox Post 247 wrote:What big things am I staying away from? I don't understand this accusation. I'm indifferent on your lynch. I don't feel strongly for or against it. I'd rather explore other areas, like porkens and nacho, rather than commenting on a case I'm indifferent on at the moment.
It was clear my wagon has been the one with the most attention in this game so far. Yet you don't comment on it until your tenth post, not even to say you weren't feeling it. That's you avoiding the big things.
Rhinox Post 247 wrote:What makes you think I'm not scum hunting? Accusations like these need to be backed up with evidence. Otherwise its just a Buzzword Accusation (TM)
Because most of your content has been about game mechanics and I don't see how talking about that is going to help us find scum.
SerialClergyman Post 261 wrote:I'm not sure why I should move my vote off Sotty, to be honest. I haven't commented on zoraster because I think it's a wagon based on very little (intentional lurking is barely a scumtell). Sotty didn't answer the strong point about her conflicting views at all well.
What didn't you like about my answer?
SerialClergyman Post 261 wrote:I've played a few games with Sotty and believe her to be an excellent player, so her activity is not much of a factor in my vote, more her style
Correct me if I am wrong but I think I have only played two games with you. Iaaum's large game where I was killed on night zero and the Web comic's game were I epically failed.

Also in that web comics game you tunneled really hard on Percy, going as far to say that you would sell your house if he flipped town. He did flip town and you were scum, so my experience with your tunneling is it is apart of your scum meta.
SpyreX Post 262 wrote:SC, realistically, pushing a decent push as a slam dunk that early with the high probability of backfiring doesn't strike me as a scum machination. Additionally, pushing the game forward when with a decreasing purge number being a nice bottle for the proverbial scum teat is a OK.
Please explain with examples, how has Serial been pushing the game forward.
Jahudo Post 265 wrote:I'm saying this all now because it's a strong enough gut feeling that I don't want SC on Sotty's wagon if he's going to be purged. That's all. We don't need to purge SC, because I'd rather find the mafia-types. We don't have to keep Sotty alive if we think he's in the mafia.
Eh. I think Seiral is likely scum, the lyncher gives him an out to act this way. Not buying it. Also, I'm a female the last time I checked. You keep referring to me as a him and it is a little confusing because I think you are talking about someone else.

Incant: Serial

Tag.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Jahudo »

I keep thinking Sotty = Scotty. I should just look at avatars.
SerialClergyman wrote:Answer the question 'Why Porkens' without giving reasons for the wagon.
You could have answered her question without explaining the reasons for the wagon. For example,

Your reason for voting Porkens was "he was easiest to test with pressure".
Sotty says "why porkens out of everybody?"
You say "best target for thing I'll explain later" or "for something I find scummy" or "something and this is not a random vote."

You left yourself open to those questions by people, not just porkens, because its not clear if porkens could be substituted with somebody else or not. Or if porkens did anything at all. Judging by your second explanation, it can look like you were campaigning for more votes on porkens, for the purpose of seeing if eager scum jumped on the porkens wagon.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Sotty7 wrote:You still didn't comment on the vote yourself though, that is my sticking point.
Ok then. I asked what he did because he posted two bolded thingies and I wasn't sure if one of them was just vote moving or something else. I asked about the target because that seemed entirely random. Before SpyreX goes all Harry Potter on you he doesn't even mention your name, so to do that out of the blue was bizarre and needed explanation.
Sotty7 wrote:My post was not directed at you but a valid question brought up by Jahudo . Also I have posted pretty much every day (apart from after my busy spell) so saying that I only post after people mention me is utter bullshit. Add onto the fact now you have forced me into the situation of whenever anyone else mentions me, which will be a lot seeing as I am a lead wagon, I am going to look bad if I post a response. Scummy move.
Bah, no. Here's a timeline of events:

0. Sotty7 doesn't talk about MO.
1. VP asks MO's opinion of Sotty7.
2. Jahudo makes a point about Sotty7 being hypocritical.
3. Sotty retaliates by saying MO is scummy. (wut?)

I mean, you made several posts after the whole double-vote thing, but this issue apparently wasn't important enough to talk about then. But then you get called out on it and suddenly it's a huge deal.
Jahudo wrote:Is this scummy and not misguided town focusing on you?
I don't think "misguided town" attempt to discredit their attackers by twisting their words.
Jahudo wrote:This is straight-forward, but do you think he's the biggest offender as of right now?
Let me ask you something. Now that Zoraster's wagon has (unfortunately) died down, have you seen any posts from that direction?

---

Parsing Jazz's novella's gonna take some time.
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:47 am

Post by SpyreX »

Hero wrote:Um, what? Are you taking the line "fess up" in Porken's early vote seriously? Or the part where he asked you for an example of you "pulling a stunt" as scum? I think you're using wishful thinking if you see that as a town tell.
Kinda, I'm talking about this interplay:

Porkens: SpyreX is town, he wouldn't pull a stunt like that as scum.
SpyreX: Nah, I totally would do that either way.
Porkens: Do it. Prove to me you aren't town because of that.

Now, why in pete would scum want me to prove that I was scum?
SC wrote:I'm not sure why I should move my vote off Sotty, to be honest. I haven't commented on zoraster because I think it's a wagon based on very little (
intentional lurking
is barely a scumtell). Sotty didn't answer the strong point about her conflicting views at all well.
I'd have to vehemently disagree right thar'. I missed this before, but yea. Intentional lurking is bad news bears.
Jah wrote: Wait, what is the scum teat in this analogy? Late incantations? Is this a town tell on SC, or a byproduct?
The scum teat is the fact that an apathetic town leads to a lower number necessary for a lynch - which lets wackier hijinks happen. Anything that is actively trying to push things forward in a direction versus stagnation in the early phase is a slight town tell. Of course, if Sotty flips scum its a bit more. If Sotty flips a scum PR its pretty much slam dunk.
Jah wrote: I've actually been looking at SC as a possible lyncher.
I did forget about the lyncher but would you show your whole hand for half the cards necessary for the win?
Sotty wrote: Please explain with examples, how has Serial been pushing the game forward.
Hmm, perhaps with the vehement desire to get you lynched?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Rhinox »

Sotty7 wrote:
Rhinox Post 247 wrote:What big things am I staying away from? I don't understand this accusation. I'm indifferent on your lynch. I don't feel strongly for or against it. I'd rather explore other areas, like porkens and nacho, rather than commenting on a case I'm indifferent on at the moment.
It was clear my wagon has been the one with the most attention in this game so far. Yet you don't comment on it until your tenth post, not even to say you weren't feeling it. That's you avoiding the big things.
er, thats only 1 thing. not exactly a trend. >_>

Anyways, ok then. So I didn't comment on your wagon until post 10, and when I did (before I was prompted) I said I prefered other lynches (aka indifferent). Thats scummy because...?

Sotty7 wrote:
Rhinox Post 247 wrote:What makes you think I'm not scum hunting? Accusations like these need to be backed up with evidence. Otherwise its just a Buzzword Accusation (TM)
Because most of your content has been about game mechanics and I don't see how talking about that is going to help us find scum.
And the rest of my comments? Did you read those? Just because some of my comments were on game mechanics does not translate to ZOMG not scum hunting!!! I've done more scum hunting than talking about mechanics btw...

Mod: do porkens or nacho need prodding? *lends a finger*
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Porkens »

It was just to keep them even. Intentionally lurking isn't scummy, it's just bad.

Case in point.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

What do you think about purging SC today Porkens?
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”