Open 193 - Friends and Enemies: It's over!

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

If reck flips scum, then I don't understand how what he said would get town lynched in subsequent days. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Unvote

I need to think about some things for a bit and I want to relook at someone.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
DDD wrote:And rec continues to try and hurt the town by securing posthumous town lynches.
Why does this sound like you think he'll flip town?
It sounds to me that DDD thinks that reck will flip
scum
. He's saying that reck is trying to lynch town in the days subsequent to his death.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Yes, I understand what you meant. It doesn't make sense.
YOUR AD HERE

Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Sando »

VP Baltar wrote:If reck flips scum, then I don't understand how what he said would get town lynched in subsequent days. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Unvote

I need to think about some things for a bit and I want to relook at someone.
This was my thinking, hence wanting to clarify.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:01 pm

No, what YOU said doesn't make sense. Why does it sound to you that DDD thinks RECK will flip town...?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Because the only way people will listen to what Reck said there (lynch DDD and VPB tomorrow) is if he flips town. No town in their right mind is going to follow the lynch preferences of a dead scum.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Unless I am reading it incorrectly, but I'll wait for clarification.
YOUR AD HERE

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Could be some last-ditch WIFOM to throw us off balance.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by Sando »

Reck flips scum - we look at him naming people to be lynched tomorrow and laugh.

Reck flips town - we look at him naming people to be lynched tomorrow and consider it in light of it being a confirmed townies opinion.

Scum can't really organise posthumous lynches that way, therefore I can only agree with VPB, DDD looks like he's saying he thinks Reck is town.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Sando wrote:Reck flips scum - we look at him naming people to be lynched tomorrow and laugh.

Reck flips town - we look at him naming people to be lynched tomorrow and consider it in light of it being a confirmed townies opinion.

Scum can't really organise posthumous lynches that way, therefore I can only agree with VPB, DDD looks like he's saying he thinks Reck is town.
No they can't organize it, but as some of you have already figured out it's a nasty potential for WIFOM and to drop some final influence into the game. And those of you just suggesting that you'll laugh it off or ignore it, well that's probably correct, but not the correct approach. Just to ignore it is to pass on potentially useful information, the correct approach and result is to evaluate it and find that it's at least 50% nonsense and quite likely 100%.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Vi »

SerialClergyman 840 wrote:Vi, assume sando is town, who is scum?
The people I listed as more likely scum in my previous post would be a good place to start.

I'm still curious. Why Sando-Town?

---

@VP Baltar: I thought your goal was to learn
[someone other than ABR]
's alignment? Or are you working on that now?

---

Hey DDD. If you're saying xSCUMx is last-minute WIFOMing and we shouldn't ignore it, and half of what he's saying is about lynching you... isn't that at cross-purposes?

---
xRx 839 wrote:DDD is scum because he's flying under the radar under this guise of "Oh, I'm just not gonna participate because I'm cool like that. See, it's meta!" Though, the only game I've played with him and SC was Mayor Mafia, and DDD's lurking wasn't anywhere NEAR as bad that game. I think his vote on me, followed by him trying to take credit for "starting the wagon" when I think I was a very obvious wagon target (for the hammer yesterday) is scummy.

VPB, I 'unno, I don't like his exchanges with Ojanen.
Stale scumhunting is indeed stale...
xRx 843 wrote:What the hell. I might as well self-hammer. Any objections?
and fake AtE is indeed very fake.

Whenever you want the Day to end, put him back to L-1 and I'll hammer. (Voting him now would allow him to self-hammer, taking the end of the Day out of our control.)
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

If one of your major assumptions about who si scum is incorrect that doesn't cause you to rethink? You'd keep the same scum list?

Explain sando's denouncement of the reck wagon, if reck is either town or scum, from a sando-scum perspective.
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Vi wrote:@VP Baltar: I thought your goal was to learn [someone other than ABR]'s alignment? Or are you working on that now?
Oh sure, that is certainly something that I have looked at as well. Are you looking at going that way today? It doesn't appear that way from your last post necessarily.

I would ask you (since I like having coded conversations with you right in front of everyone else :)) how certain are you feeling about that person's alignment? I know I've been torn on it. Felt better day 1, but today is pretty blah.
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by Vi »

SerialClergyman 861 wrote:If one of your major assumptions about who si scum is incorrect that doesn't cause you to rethink? You'd keep the same scum list?
Why would it? I don't use associative scumtells very often.
SC 861 wrote:Explain sando's denouncement of the reck wagon, if reck is either town or scum, from a sando-scum perspective.
I don't think I would be a good person to ask about the workings of Sando's mind, because they make less than no sense from where I'm sitting.

xRx wasn't getting lynched the first time; that was the entire premise of my vote then. Denouncing the wagon, regardless of xRx's alignment, couldn't have been difficult to do. At present, Sando hasn't expressed an opinion of the people on xRx's wagon (but I'm assuming you're not referring to this one as the denounced wagon) and has deliberately avoided talking about him all Day. Aside from general spite and meanness considering I was the one asking those few times, I don't know why he would avoid the subject (as well as ABR+VP Baltar, another one of the blatantly obvious topics of the Day).

---
VP Baltar 862 wrote:Oh sure, that is certainly something that I have looked at as well. Are you looking at going that way today? It doesn't appear that way from your last post necessarily.
Not today, unless xRx claims Innocent Child.
VP Baltar 862 wrote:I would ask you (since I like having coded conversations with you right in front of everyone else :)) how certain are you feeling about that person's alignment? I know I've been torn on it. Felt better day 1, but today is pretty blah.
I understand and kind of agree, although
blah
isn't quite strong enough for me. I think we should come back to this tomorrow though.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Votecount:

xRECKONERx(4): Debonair Danny DiPietro, Zorblag, Albert B. Rampage, hitogoroshi
Vi(1): Sando
Debonair Danny DiPietro(1): xRECKONERx
VP Baltar(2): Ojanen, SerialClergyman
Sando(1): Vi

Not Voting(1): VP Baltar
With 10 alive it's 6 to lynch.
Immoral Acts: 0
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vi wrote:Hey DDD. If you're saying xSCUMx is last-minute WIFOMing and we shouldn't ignore it, and half of what he's saying is about lynching you... isn't that at cross-purposes?
Just because he's at least half wrong doesn't mean I'm going to discard any possible information, even if it's WIFOM from scum and it doesn't make sense for me to encourage others to view the game in such a fashion.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:00 pm

Post by Zorblag »

OK, this is ridiculous on my end. I've never replaced out of a game but as of right now I'm now putting myself on notice. If I don't shape up and start finding the time to get to this game tomorrow and then consistently this week then I'm going to replace out. It's not fair to anyone else to have me gone like this.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Vote: xRECKONERx

It's obvious no other lynch is happening today.
green shirt thursdays
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:15 pm

Post by Ojanen »

You scum?
Bloody selfvoters.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:18 pm

I don't think I would be a good person to ask about the workings of Sando's mind, because they make less than no sense from where I'm sitting.

xRx wasn't getting lynched the first time; that was the entire premise of my vote then. Denouncing the wagon, regardless of xRx's alignment, couldn't have been difficult to do. At present, Sando hasn't expressed an opinion of the people on xRx's wagon (but I'm assuming you're not referring to this one as the denounced wagon) and has deliberately avoided talking about him all Day. Aside from general spite and meanness considering I was the one asking those few times, I don't know why he would avoid the subject (as well as ABR+VP Baltar, another one of the blatantly obvious topics of the Day).
This is a lot of rubbish, I think.

Firstly - of course you're speculating on sando's mind, you're speculating that his actions are scum motivated. Whether we're equipped to or not, the point of this game is to make that judgement about people.

Reck had every chance of being lynched earlier. He was at L-1 with many people pushing his lynch (including Albert, whose ability to secure lynches of his suspects is in my mind his most valuable trait. If he's town, sando put a lot of effort into pushing against the lynch. It would have been a really simple mislynch and instead he made what I think is a genuine effort to derail the wagon. If reck is scum, then sando would have had to be attempting a derail from L-1 and really creating ties with reck, and I don't think sando would act like that either.

In short, in that particular passage of play (not all wagon derailments, obviously) I really feel sando showed he was protown.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:24 pm

He's not scum.

No self voters are ever scum :D
I'm old now.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:31 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Lol.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:51 pm

Post by Ojanen »

DDD isn't making all that much sense btw. All from him:
Reck is trying to secure posthumous town lynches. It's nasty WIFOM. It shouldn't be laughed off or ignored. Just to ignore is to pass on potentially useful info, the correct approach and result is to evaluate it and find that it's at least 50% nonsense and quite likely 100%.
Last comment of not wanting to make others discard any possible information vs. first comment of wanting to make people discard the comment ("trying to secure town lynches").

Quite obvious now, but Reck has been wanting to get lynched already for a while with the amount of effort he's put in. Either he doesn't care or he doesn't care. Earlier bussing likely if scum. Zero coordination with VP now, obv not buddies.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Defeatist scum is defeatist scum. Hammer time.

Vote: xRECKONERx

Oj wrote:Zero coordination with VP now, obv not buddies.
lol, what? Where is this coming from?
YOUR AD HERE

Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

In a particularly dramatic move xRECKONERx prepares to drop himself off the gallows before anyone even has a chance: "I'm gonna do it guys! This is tearing our family apart!". VP Baltar, in a fit of indecisive courage, sees his opportunity and decides to give the kid a nudge in the right direction. A gasp rose from the peoples as poor little xRECKONERx swung just in time for dinner. The town grew mournful for ever suspecting this shining example of purity in the ever so corrupt world of public inquiry. SerialClergyman shoots his arms skyward with a hideous wail while everyone looks inward and makes 'what have we become!?' faces with their facial features. VP Baltar peers around uncomfortably... Just then a magnificent looking orb dislodges itself from the pocket of xRECKONERx's overcoat, which upon further inspection is remarkably similar to the eye mostly remaining on Amished's corpse! Well I'll be.

End of day Votecount:

xRECKONERx(6): Debonair Danny DiPietro, Zorblag, Albert B. Rampage, hitogoroshi, xRECKONERx, VP Baltar

Vi(1): Sando
VP Baltar(2): Ojanen, SerialClergyman
Sando(1): Vi

xRECKONERx
has been lynched. He was a
Mafia Goon

It is now Night 2. Please get any night actions to me within 72 hours.
Immoral Acts: 0

Return to “Completed Open Games”