Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:57 pm

Post by Thoth »

Nice Iron Maiden reference Jeep :)

Even if StD does not show up as scum we're still not sure whether he's actually the Sorceror as he could still be Judas/Saulus/Vampire.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:29 am

Post by Fuldu »

Well, we'll go to no lynch if he's the Judas or Saulus, so I'm less worried about that. Besides,:
The true identities of persons assassinated at night are not revealed, although the identities of the victims of the day lynchings are.
...so we'll be informed who STD is. We just don't get information on night deaths. Also, I think you meant Angel instead of Sorceror. dybeck claimed the latter, STD claimed the former.

I think having the Bookie put their bet on a BJ lynching and then following through with it if STD turns out to be the Angel makes sense. But what should he do if STD isn't the Angel? A dybeck night-kill?
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:51 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Fuldu wrote: But what should he do if STD isn't the Angel? A dybeck night-kill?
I think thats a good plan....
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:53 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Oh, and I'm not the angel, obviously, if I were it would be stoopid to counter claim, since an outed angel is toast eventually with 2 killing groups. Still a good plan to confirm STD by lynching him, then if he is the angel we can bring him back...
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:09 am

Post by Thoth »

BabyJesus wrote:
Fuldu wrote: But what should he do if STD isn't the Angel? A dybeck night-kill?
I think thats a good plan....
Seems an ok idea. Also brought up the following for me:

We've not yet discussed the Bookie/Vig interaction that we have in this game.
I think it would be a good idea anyhow to make a town decision on who the vig should kill at night with the bookie picking that character.

3 relevant situations
1. Vig kills, but bookie is dead/dies that night. Here we have in essence a two-lynch day which is not so bad assuming the person that's picked has a higher chance of being scum.
2. Vig kills townie. Bookie resurrects him next night.
3. Vig kills scum. Bookie gets to resurrect a townie next night.

Of course nr 3 is is the desired result.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:11 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

It probably goes without saying that the governor should investigate dybeck tonight to check his claim.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:20 am

Post by Fuldu »

BabyJesus wrote:Oh, and I'm not the angel, obviously, if I were it would be stoopid to counter claim, since an outed angel is toast eventually with 2 killing groups.
I don't dispute that an outed Angel is bad, but keep in mind that only the Mafia would have any incentive to target the Angel over any other pro-town player. As far as the Werewolves are concerned, the Angel is just another townie. The same (or vice-versa) is true of many of the roles in this game.

But if you're not counterclaiming Angel, then what was with the big old disputation? Not that many other explanations exist given this role set. You could be the Seer and have investigated STD and know that he's a Werewolf, but then you'd have been voting him harder, sooner, instead of voting for (oy) six different people over the course of the day, half of them three or more times. You could be the Governor, have investigated STD and know that he's a protective role, but then you wouldn't be voting him (and it isn't clear why he'd be lying). You could be in a group (scum or mason) with him, but you wouldn't be voting him and he wouldn't be lying (if mason) or wouldn't be disputing the claim so fervently but maybe still voting him (if scum). None of those really make any sense and I can't come up with any other explanations beyond translating your outburst as "I don't believe you." If that's what you meant by it, you should say so, because otherwise I'm going to have a hard time trusting you tomorrow whether STD turns out to be scum or not.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:23 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Thoth, interesting idea, but we don't find out the alignment of night kills (including vig kills) so the bookie doesn't know whether to resurrect the person or not. They could, of course resurrect a townie who we know was wrongfully lynched. I think we should start considering coordinating bookie and vig actions later, once we have somebody we know we want to resurrect. It would probably be worth it if we turn out to be wrong about STD.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:58 am

Post by Thoth »

SpeedyKQ wrote: Thoth, interesting idea, but we don't find out the alignment of night kills (including vig kills) so the bookie doesn't know whether to resurrect the person or not. They could, of course resurrect a townie who we know was wrongfully lynched.
We do get it when someone was Mafia or Werewolf. Only in the J/S/V case we would be resurrecting possible scum, where the vampire could otherwise resurrect himself and Judas is protown unless we lynch him.
The rules wrote: The deaths of Mafia and Werewolves are always revealed, even when killed at night. This does not include the Judas, Saulus and Vampire (before becoming a Werewolf).
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:01 am

Post by HezLucky »

The one problem with the vigilante and bookie directing kills is that it forces both of them to claim... could be bad.

With that being said, let's hop to it and get STD lynched so we can confirm his innocence ... assuming, of course, that he is innocent. :lol:
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:03 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Fuldu wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:Oh, and I'm not the angel, obviously, if I were it would be stoopid to counter claim, since an outed angel is toast eventually with 2 killing groups.
I don't dispute that an outed Angel is bad, but keep in mind that only the Mafia would have any incentive to target the Angel over any other pro-town player. As far as the Werewolves are concerned, the Angel is just another townie. The same (or vice-versa) is true of many of the roles in this game.

But if you're not counterclaiming Angel, then what was with the big old disputation? Not that many other explanations exist given this role set. You could be the Seer and have investigated STD and know that he's a Werewolf, but then you'd have been voting him harder, sooner, instead of voting for (oy) six different people over the course of the day, half of them three or more times. You could be the Governor, have investigated STD and know that he's a protective role, but then you wouldn't be voting him (and it isn't clear why he'd be lying). You could be in a group (scum or mason) with him, but you wouldn't be voting him and he wouldn't be lying (if mason) or wouldn't be disputing the claim so fervently but maybe still voting him (if scum). None of those really make any sense and I can't come up with any other explanations beyond translating your outburst as "I don't believe you." If that's what you meant by it, you should say so, because otherwise I'm going to have a hard time trusting you tomorrow whether STD turns out to be scum or not.
yes
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:13 am

Post by HezLucky »

Oh, and I think BabyJesus would still be a good target for the bookie lynch tomorrow. Unless you guys have better suggestions?

This isn't important though. Unless the bookie says otherwise or a cop gets a result then I think that we should assume that BJ was the bookie's choice.

For now, let's lynch STD. Better than him dying at night to the opposing scum group ... this way we can confirm his innocence.

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:35 am

Post by BabyJesus »

HezLucky wrote:Oh, and I think BabyJesus would still be a good target for the bookie lynch tomorrow. Unless you guys have better suggestions?

This isn't important though. Unless the bookie says otherwise or a cop gets a result then I think that we should assume that BJ was the bookie's choice.

For now, let's lynch STD. Better than him dying at night to the opposing scum group ... this way we can confirm his innocence.
I wonder if this guy is scum....
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:38 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Thoth wrote:We do get [alignment info] when someone was Mafia or Werewolf.

My mistake. So maybe we should start choosing vig kills right away? I think it makes sense from a strategic perspective, but the logistics of coordinating this are scary.
HezLucky wrote:The one problem with the vigilante and bookie directing kills is that it forces both of them to claim... could be bad.
No it doesn't. As long as the town comes to a collective decision on who to target, the vig and bookie can carry out the plan without claiming.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:38 am

Post by BabyJesus »

unvote, vote hezlucky
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:47 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

HezLucky wrote:Oh, and I think BabyJesus would still be a good target for the bookie lynch tomorrow. Unless you guys have better suggestions?

Why should we assume this?
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:04 am

Post by BabyJesus »

In all seriousness...as much as I would like to see STD be lynched, I don't really think lynching someone claiming a power role is a good idea at this stage...
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:35 am

Post by HezLucky »

Nah, I'm not scum.

I don't think you understand me:

If STD is not killed at night, we have no way of knowing whether it was doctor protection or whether he's lying and is mafia.

If we lynch him, we confirm that he's good and bookie resurrects him later.

If we don't lynch him, for all we know the Angel could be dead ... hence, that gives him a free ride for the rest of the game.

vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:24 am

Post by vikingfan »

I doubt that, hez- he won't get a free ride because it makes sense for the mafia/ werewolves to go after him. That's why it makes sense to let dybeck live for now-he's probably a target tonight, even if he is a member of one scum group. For the scum, the more power roles/opposing scum they can kill, the better, so we need to use this to our advantage for things like testing claims-i.e. dybeck.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:24 am

Post by jeep »

*sigh* We're not going to get this day over by lunch, are we? Bleh.

-JEEP
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:32 am

Post by HezLucky »

viking - I'm talking about STD.

If he's not killed then we don't know WHY. Therefore, we can't really test his claim at night. We must do it at day.

vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:40 am

Post by vikingfan »

I agree with you, lucky. That's why I'm leaving my vote on STD. Since daykills are our only CONFIRMED source of info about roles (other than mafia/wolves dying at night), it makes sense to get the most info possible therefore out of them. Right now, STD makes the most sense for that.

Where are our nonvoters? Either put the vote on STD or put it on someone who you do find suspicious (and explain why of course).
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:05 am

Post by BabyJesus »

HezLucky wrote:viking - I'm talking about STD.

If he's not killed then we don't know WHY. Therefore, we can't really test his claim at night. We must do it at day.
Unless the bookie is dead....
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:25 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

STD wrote:Oh, and I'm not the angel, obviously, if I were it would be stoopid to counter claim, since an outed angel is toast eventually with 2 killing groups. Still a good plan to confirm STD by lynching him, then if he is the angel we can bring him back...
See, I'm not an idiot after all. Why on earth would you say "I DISPUTE THIS" if you aren't the Angel? You have nothing to dispute, and you made everyone think you were counter-claiming, more than likely on purpose.

Unvote; Vote: BabyJesus
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:40 am

Post by Puzzle »

Unvote STD, vote Baby Jesus + Big FAT FOS Hezlucky
. I don't feel like lynching a non-counterclaimed power role right off the bat.
BJ, your "I dispute this" was really indicating a counter-claim to me and I'm surprised that it took that long for you to clarifyit wasn't one. I also don't get why you are so positive that the Angel wouldn't counter-claim STD. Confirming 1 scum and 1 protectable + resurrectable townie (for what we know right now) sounds like a good deal to me.

Question to the mod :
if the Angel (or Seer) is killed at night and resurrected later, does he get results from the night in which he died ? and what about the night he came back ?
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”