Teleportation Mafia Universe TWO (TOWN WINS)

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Day 2 Vote Count
animorpherv1 ( 1 ) Anon
Anon ( 0 )
DeathRowKitty ( 0 )
Starbuck ( 0 )
Plum ( 0 )
Elmo ( 1 ) Lowell
fhqwhads ( 0 )
Jack ( 4 ) VP Baltar DeathRowKitty Starbuck Nicodemus
VP Baltar ( 0 )
Kise ( 0 )
Lowell ( 0 )
Maelyn ( 0 )
Nicodemus ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 7 ) Kise Plum fhqwhads Maelyn animorpherv1 Elmo Jack
Total ( 13 )

With 13 alive, 7 needed to lynch.
Deadline: Feb 22nd 19:00 EST

Let's play a fun game called who's da scum. My guesses are Jack, Lowell, Maelyn or Ellibereth (who is no longer our problem atm).

What do you think (everyone else)? who's da scum?

Also, who is completely read up on the other thread? What are your thoughts on Plum? I'm only on page 22 over there at the moment, but I'm trying to catch up. So far I don't have much of an opinion other than she was lurking a lot early on.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Jack, Maelyn, and fhqwhads are my picks, with a small, nothing but gut feeling that Elmo could also be scum. The fact that scum can day-talk in this game makes it much more likely (at least in my opinion) for scum to pull of elaborate gambits, and I think that Jack and Elmo going for each others' throats yesterday and today might be such a gambit. It doesn't matter which one gets lynched, as the other will instantly gain townie cred. As I said though, this is nothing but gut.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by Lowell »

I've done no reading of the other thread. Off the top of my head I'd say elmo and VP scum, jack a possibility.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:03 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

VP Baltar wrote:Also, who is completely read up on the other thread? What are your thoughts on Plum? I'm only on page 22 over there at the moment, but I'm trying to catch up. So far I don't have much of an opinion other than she was lurking a lot early on.
I've skimmed the other thread and I can concur with this.
Nicodemus wrote:As I said though, this is nothing but gut.
Does this apply to
Nicodemus wrote:Jack, Maelyn, and fhqwhads are my picks...
too?

Scumlist:

1) Jack
2) Lowel (but I've been wrong on him before)

...and I'm getting a very lurker vibe from Anon.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Lowell wrote:I've done no reading of the other thread. Off the top of my head I'd say elmo and VP scum, jack a possibility.
Based on what exactly? Elmo and I both said the wagon yesterday was crappy and what do you know, Doc flipped town. You are really going to have to actually back up your accusations if you expect me to not think you're floundering scum.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:34 am

Post by Lowell »

Yes, I'm floundering, what with my zero votes.

My read on you is that you're excessively meta and that you like to control the conversation. Anyone who positions themselves as narrator is trouble, IMO. For now you get credit at least for trying to move the game forward, but in general I think you do more asking questions than answering them.

Also, being right about doc doesn't necessairly earn you points. Often scum like to distance from a wrong wagon so that the following day they can say "I said the wagon yesterday was crappy", as you've done. So that cuts both ways.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:04 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Hello and welcome to this edition of Who's Da Scum! We have 3 lovely contestants today! And heeeeeeeeeeeeeeere they are!

Our first contestant votes haphazardly and without reason and he's STILL waiting for one to really stick. He disapproves of optimal town strategy
and likes getting stuck in the rain
. From Scummy McScummerville, Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Our second contestant hails from a faraway universe in a dragon-guarded castle. Don't worry about that though; he thinks you're town! Please welcome Ellllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Our third contestant is a real active lurker. He's 95.7% noise, 4.3% half-hearted scumhunting, Aniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:16 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Oh, and I've been kepping up with the other universe. I haven't been reading it that closely though (I would have to reread most of the thread if I were ever teleported). Pretty much all I know about Plum is that she lurked a lot. I remember seeing a couple of long posts from her, but that's it.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:22 am

Post by Nicodemus »

fhqwhgads wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:As I said though, this is nothing but gut.
Does this apply to
Nicodemus wrote:Jack, Maelyn, and fhqwhads are my picks...
too?
No, just for Elmo. I have at least a couple concrete things on everyone else.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Plum, why are you lurking so hard this game? Is your jury duty and all of that business done now? Have you read this thread yet? Why do you think you were deported?

Lowell wrote:Yes, I'm floundering, what with my zero votes.
huh?
Lowell wrote:My read on you is that you're excessively meta and that you like to control the conversation.
I don't know what you mean by "excessively meta", but I do control the conversation if I think there is a need for it. When I'm town and I see the rest of the town lurking or not generating good discussion I will often do whatever I need to get the game moving in a positive direction that is more likely to find scum. How is pushing discussion forward scummy?
Lowell wrote:For now you get credit at least for trying to move the game forward, but in general I think you do more asking questions than answering them.
Ask me questions then? I can't answer things that aren't being asked.
Lowell wrote:Also, being right about doc doesn't necessairly earn you points. Often scum like to distance from a wrong wagon so that the following day they can say "I said the wagon yesterday was crappy", as you've done. So that cuts both ways.
I can agree with you on a general level about this, but I would argue that I wasn't just saying 'this wagon's bad' yesterday, as a scum typically would. I was actively arguing against it and pointing out legitimate reasons why it was bad. If you can't see that as honest intention and the fact that I really did want Jack lynched instead, then I suggest you review that day.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:48 am

Post by Jack »

Let's stop dilly dallying around with these scum lists and start voting. We're quicklynching in everything but name already, there's no real discussion here. Elmo isn't going to show up for a while and when he does he's going to make a big long post that ignores crucial previous posts, I'm going to argue against it and everyone else is going to skip it. VP has already said he isn't interested in arguing. Starbuck skipped my count argument last time and is now "taking notes". Etc, etc.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Jack, have you ever played with Elmo before?
YOUR AD HERE

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:52 am

Post by Jack »

VP Baltar wrote:Jack, have you ever played with Elmo before?
Possibly, I don't remember.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I suggest you check to see if his posting style in this game is within his norm then (hint: it is).
YOUR AD HERE

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:28 am

Post by Jack »

VP Baltar wrote:I suggest you check to see if his posting style in this game is within his norm then (hint: it is).
Have you ever played with me before?

I knew what your question was (no need to hint). I talked about yesterday.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm not attacking you over playstyle so much as you being scum in this game, so I don't need to meta you at all.
YOUR AD HERE

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Jack »

VP Baltar wrote:I'm not attacking you over playstyle so much as you being scum in this game, so I don't need to meta you at all.
That's nice. I wasn't attacking Elmo over playstyle, I was just showing why we should be lynching now. Let's have all the lurking types throw down and give their reasons. Scum lists are fine and all, but we aren't lynching maelyn today now are we/
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I would lynch maelyn today actually. There is no way a hydra should be lurking. That's the point of having a hydra, to share the work load.

In fact, let's
Unvote, Vote: Maelyn

Post content or die.
YOUR AD HERE

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Plum »

VP Baltar wrote:Plum, why are you lurking so hard this game? Is your jury duty and all of that business done now? Have you read this thread yet? Why do you think you were deported?
Limited computer availability plus the need to catch up on sleep conspired against me, and especially against me doing a 17-odd page reread. Not sure why I was deported. I assume that some WIFOM-gambler of a Teleporter either thought along Myk's lines, that I wasn't so integrated into the game because I was catching up, or subscribed to the alternate theory tactic and mistakenly thought I was scum. It seems we had two teleports (or two pulls?) so Kai's plan isn't working to its effect, or whatever screwey stuff happened with DGB's death is playing into it or the scum screwed stuff up for us (unlikely).

Which makes me think. I like Kai's plan, but if the Verses aren't on the proper schedule how the heck are we going to work it out?

But now, here goes a reread. Scummy things or just WTH things:
Lowell wrote:Honestly the biggest problem I see with kairyuus plan is the teleporter wont' WANT to do it. Being teleporter seems like it would be fun.
So the biggest problem with the plan is that the Teleporter won't want to play to his/her wincon? Is this subtle dissuasion from a town-beneficial plan for no good reason masquerading as support of said plan?

It's funny that I'm now in the Universe I dissed for dissing my old Verse.

I dislike Elmo's glee at the idea of a race to see which Verse can lynch first.

Ani doesn't engage much in the teleportation theory discussion (null) but does repeatedly suggest we look at the MtG games multiple times. He provides links but doesn't report any conclusions of his own. Trying to appear helpful but not actually helping? He comes up with a catchy acronym for someone else's suggestion but doesn't give his opinion on it or, like, anything. But his response to getting called town rings Townie . . .

I'd bet on Elli-town. He's in the other Verse, but. Still. Didn't feel the need to elaborate (he marked a lot of players prob-Town very early on, and from what I know about playing scum I know scum hate hate hate limiting their/the Town's mislynch options and prefer to stay far away from anything which could narrow it at all - but then Jahudo quotes Elli as saying:
Ellibereth wrote:Also he’s been quicker to declare people town. It’s early so this isn’t a strong tell for me, but scum have an easier time calling people town because they’d be telling the truth. But he’s been doing this more than anyone else, so I am somewhat suspicious of him.
Maybe as scum Elli declares lots of Townies Town? I'll downgrade that thought to null, for now.

Am leaning Kai-Town, too, but am somewhat more wary of him. He seems to be trying to find breaks in the game good for the Towns, but it's a fair possibility that he so enjoys theory discussions and is so good that them that he could honestly fake it this well as scum.

Ani admits that in the MtG stuff he brought up he was being his usual brilliant self. I am uncertain I can distinguish VI Ani from scum-slippery Ani.

Ah, DRK picked up the thought I share on Lowell. It turns out that his response is at least as interesting as his original statement:
Lowell wrote:@DRK- this game looks too cool. I'm not about to be the first one lynched!
Honestly, I cannot see a Townie reacting to one single vote on him quite like this, and the exclamation point just makes me nauseus. He attempts to explain his offense but it doesn't really change my feelings on it . . . and . . . this post is going to make me cough up blood it's that shady.

Vote: Lowell

Am unimpressed by Nico's attack on DRK's hunting in Verse 1.
Maelyn wrote:I think we need to scumhunt more today rather than talk about strategy, because we don't know whether the strategy put forward is coming from town or scum. See what I mean?
Oh, brilliant. Problem is
I don't think you have actually scumhunted yourself, have you
? Certainly not in that post.
fwqwhgads wrote:Btw, that slip REALLY looks bad. If you really are town, you should be fine if (probably at a later time though) you got lynched, because scum's going to be wifoming and twisting that slip to make you look bad and misdirect town.
This post rubs me the wrong way. Suggesting to Myk that he should be almost grateful to get lynched becaue the slip looks "REALLY bad" but not being clear whether he actually thinks that Myk is scum or town because of it . . .

Yeah, you guys kinda sucked in activity level.

Maelyn, would you consider, I don't know, PLAYING THIS GAME? SCUMHUNTING? Elli too, for that matter, sucks in the actual looking like you give a damn department. Though Elli claims that active lurking Maelyn is par for the course on both them hydra partners . . . gah. Useless Verse is being so useless around page 11.

Elmo quotes Lowell:
Lowell wrote:I have ani, anon, and ellibereth as town. Jack, Doc, and mae scum. Others I'm still working on.
If Lowell is scum, one scum in {Jack,
Doc
, Mae} and Doc is dead. But that's a give-or-take, and Lowell's the culprit here and stinks of sulfur and brimstone and whatnot. And Elmo makes another decent point on Lowell:
Elmo wrote:
Lowell, 188 wrote:I have ani, anon, and ellibereth as town. Jack, Doc, and mae scum. Others I'm still working on.
Lowell, 236 wrote:I'm shuffling jack lower on my scum list. He gets points for bringing up new ideas, even if they're not all on the mark.
Sorry, what new ideas did he bring up between 188 and 236 that would justify doing that? He'd pretty much said his piece
before
188, that I can see - it looks like you're suddenly voicing less suspicion of Jack for no apparent reason, right after I started attacking him. Why is that, Lowell?
See, there may well be scumtells buried in the strategy discussion, but enough of my precious brain cells died trying to pick through that in the other Verse Day 1 with minimal-ish results. Combined with all the new faces I'm trying to keep straight, well, I've let a lot of it sweep over my head, but the stuff on Lowell has been the meat of a good game's scumhunting, strategy discussion or no. Enough people are saying stuff about Jack which I can't quite get a grasp of this time around; it's like skimming a novel and you get the impression that a character has done something but for the life of you you can't quite feel what it could possibly have been.
Jack wrote:I'm getting cabin fever here.

Unvote:nicodemus, vote:DocPotter

Let's put our cards on the table. If you are in favor of putting DocPotter at lynch-1 then vote him till he is, if not then say so explicitly.
This bugs the hell out of me, as this came a good six days prior to deadline. Why in such a hurry for a lynch, why in such a hurry to press people to vote for Doc, Jack???

Is Kise in this game or what?
DeathRowKitty wrote:The appeal to meta thing is usually kind of scummy, but I see nothing wrong with using it as a last effort to avoid lynch.
WTH? Can you more fully explain why this made you change your mind so hard please? Because the above quote is nigh senseless and puts me in mind of a scumbag wanting clean hands when a Townie is almost certainly going down without scum's overt push. Scarily, Lowell thinks the same.

... Okay, DRK, I see you explain more fully and until further info I'll treat the incident as null. I know the feeling of knowing someone's meta, or feeling that you do, or even having a strong gut related to that and acting on it. As a Townie I have known this feeling. Nevertheless, I am not sure how scummy voting DRK for this actually is, either. Grargh.

Jack's continuous unbacked suggestions that people seem scummy or whatever for unexplained gut are getting wearisome and annoying and looking scummish.

VP Baltar's entrance strengthens my convictions of Kairyuu-slot-Town.

And Jack's sudden switch to Elmo, who had been garnering no attention (not exactly sure what that means for Elmo either way) after having switched to DRK after having tried to stir up a lynch - not a wagon, but really attempt a lynch, bar the doors and spit out why if you don't like it lynch - against Doc . . . UGH. I could vote him, too, right now, just about. This wagon hopping to a guy with no votes THAT CLOSE TO DEADLINE is horrid horrid horrid.

VP Baltar had better be Town with the read I'm getting on him. His case and Elmo's, between them, cover most of the points on them quite well, though for the points against him stuck in the strategy discussion I'll have to look that bit over again myself (tomorrow?) to check that it looks nice and scummy in the original, too. The vote-hopping and late-day vote on Elmo are stuff which are blatantly and ridiculously scummy.

And Lowell is acting like a vacuum. And you know, nature abhors a vacuum, especially one that used to be scummy and now has gone under the radar. He does show up to vote Doc, doesn't mention the new discussions springing up around Jack at all except saying that Elmo's posts have been rubbing him wrong. I'd prefer a lynch of Lowell by a hair, but if everyone else wants to get Jack today, that's cool too.
Jack wrote:Jack has gone from vocal fighter to just uncooperative and stubborn.
And that = scum, such that you would have joined the Jack cause yesterday had you been around?

The Lowell-Jack wagoning team is making my skin positively crawl.
Lowell wrote:I've done no reading of the other thread. Off the top of my head I'd say elmo and VP scum, jack a possibility.
Elaborate on VP and Jack. I've already been unimpressed by your Elmo case. Oh, nevermind, I'm similarly unimpressed by your VP case. I've known plenty of Townies to dominate conversation and/or attempt to do so, and often they've been very helpful (or at least hurtful to the scum). I don't see the 'excessively meta' thing like at all.

Nice to see VP implemented my request; it is insight-giving, and yes, even more so after having plowed through the whole thread.

Eh, VP, I've been in a hydra, as Town, and lurked a heck of a lot (I think what happened was I was never getting a feel for the game, and neither was my hydra-buddy Pom, and was sometimes busy and never in a mood to catch up) and while I agree with you that the lurking is bad, Lowell and Jack have been way way way worse.

There's a party on the Jack wagon and no one on Lowell. We can go lynch Jack and tackle the Lowell issue tomorrow, if that makes everyone happier.

Unvote; Vote: Jack
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Jack »

Good god, kill me now.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:32 pm

Post by Plum »

With pleasure.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 pm

Post by Elmo »

Real life is kicking my ass. The amount of stuff to chew through itt isn't helping; I'm gonna give myself ~72 hours to get fully caught up & happy, or I'm most likely requesting replacement because it's just not getting done at the moment, and by now I'm behind with stuff more important than mafia. :?

The site was glacial again for me for several hours, which doesn't help matters. I dunno if this goes through or not.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Maelyn
Maelyn
Townie
Maelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:24 am

Post by Maelyn »

K, i'm gonna do a PBPA of the first half of the players in the game. Mae can do the other half. I would like to point out though that right now I'm pretty damn ill. I've had a rough week and don't need everyone in the bloody world telling me what to do.

Now if you excuse me i'm gonna go do some of my uni coursework.

H
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

No, I think a PBPA of every player is unnecessary and will clog the thread. How about you just say who is suspicious and give legit reasons why? That is plenty sufficient to make me not think you're tryint o lurk your way through this game.
YOUR AD HERE

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:57 am

Post by Jack »

No no, do a PBPA, and be sure to include lots of commentary about how horrid and wearisome and ooooh now that I think about it I could really go for a so-and-so lynch my skin is positively crawling!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”