Mini 891 - British Comedy Mafia (Game Over)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Fuzzyman wrote:You claim to be unlynchable. What happens if you get the number of votes typically required for a lynch?
:roll:
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Netopalis »

If I get enough votes, I ascend to my mountain lair and build a death ray, which in turn disintegrates the planet Earth and sends out a shuttle which will carry me in my quest to find a new planet to inhabit and civilize with my army of clones.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

It's a reasonable question.
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

So you're like a reverse jester?
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Fuzzyman wrote:It's a reasonable question.
Did you think he was serious? :shock:
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

I have the hammer, I ask the questions.

After we hear from Imaginality, of course.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Faraday »

Jesus Christ if serious @ fuzzyman.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by Netopalis »

No, I'm a double reverse Jester - I win twice if lynched, but only once if lynched on D1. If lynched on a Thursday, though, I win 3 times, so hurry it up.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:35 pm

Netopalis wrote:No, I'm a double reverse Jester - I win twice if lynched, but only once if lynched on D1. If lynched on a Thursday, though, I win 3 times, so hurry it up.
You'll get your wish as soon as we hear from imaginality.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Bwhahaha! My plan is working! You fell for my trap card!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:39 pm

Netopalis wrote:Bwhahaha! My plan is working! You fell for my trap card!
I'm really dumb that way.

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

FLASH OF GREEN
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by imaginality »

To confirm: I will have no problems re. submitting a night action.

It's a shame to see Netopalis implode, but at least he has done so entertainingly. I have to admit the underlying tone of his recent posts seems to fit 'scum annoyed at being strung up for what they consider to be weak reasons' a bit more than 'vanilla townie annoyed at etc.'.

Netopalis: who amongst those on your wagon do you think is most likely to be scum? Who on your wagon do you think is more likely misguided town?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Nice picture, Ellibereth. Very informative.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:51 pm

imaginality wrote:To confirm: I will have no problems re. submitting a night action.
Great! Please do so at your earliest convenience, like, now would be good.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Netopalis »

To be honest, in response to Imaginality's post, I still feel that it's entirely possible that DGB and Ellibereth are scum trying to play up the claims made by their predecessors. I still think that Snow_Bunny is scum. Faraday is town. Fuzzy is scum. Sanhora is probably town. Imaginality is town.

Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

Well, it looks like we have all loose strings tied up, and Neto looks like he's giving up his act, so I'll throw the hammah.

=====[-]

Unvote: DeathSauce

Vote: Netopalis
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Netopalis »

*shrugs* You guys just made a terrible mistake. I can't wait to see you all justify this tomorrow. This game is lost, as far as I'm concerned.

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:50 pm

Post by iamausername »

Netopalis wrote:1) I wasn't arguing that we should lynch him because he might not prove his role.
Chinaman
was arguing that, and I was refuting him.
I'm well aware that Chinaman was arguing that. You were refuting him by saying "we will lynch him tomorrow if he
can't
prove his role", which is JUST AS BAD.
Netopalis wrote:2) I claimed as a response to a ridiculous assertion by Chinaman that there were no vanilla townies in this game. I claimed because it was one of his main reasons for voting Budja, a lynch that I only went with because it was deadline.
There was absolutely no need to claim to point out the ridiculousness of that assertion.
Netopalis wrote:3) I didn't feel that I had the support to go after S_B at the time. Player activity was extremely low, and I didn't want to distract us with another bandwagon, especially since it might not end up in a lynch and we really couldn't afford a no lynch at the time.
This is a load of crap, because, again, Bunny had THE SAME NUMBER OF VOTES as Budja, not counting yours. There was obviously support there for it.
Netopalis wrote:4) So, you think I should have gone ahead and pushed for the lynch of claimed Masons? My point was that I felt that their claim was bogus, and that it would become apparent that we were on the wrong track if we didn't lynch scum in 2-3 days.
YES. If you really think they're scum, that is exactly what you should do. You should be trying to lynch the people you think are scum, even if there is something like a mason claim that makes it harder than average for this to happen. If you want the town to win, you should be fighting tooth and nail to get the scum lynched, not compromising on lynches you don't believe in and saying "never mind, we'll get them later". Doing otherwise just leads me to the conclusion that you
don't
want the town to win.
Netopalis wrote:5) I don't feel particularly strong about the Fuzzy lynch. I wouldn't have supported it going into the day....But, given that my top suspect was cleared, I had to pick a new one. The choices then become:

Fuzzyman
Deathsauce
Faraday
Kikuchiyo (Now iamausername)

I was hoping that Kikuchiyo would get replaced, and I didn't feel that Deathsauce was a particularly strong lynch either. Faraday is definitely not a good lynch. Basically, all of my suspects have been cleared. That being said, unless someone's lying, 2 out of 4 of those players must be scum. Here's the list of players and why we can eliminate certain names.

Faraday
Snow_Bunny - Cleared by Imaginality's claim
DeathSauce
Ellibereth - Cleared by Mason claim
Fuzzyman
imaginality - Cleared by Imaginality's claim
Sanhora - Cleared by Lyman's claim
Netopalis - I know that I'm not scum
DrippingGoofball -Cleared by Mason claim
iamausername

So, yeah. The Fuzzyman lynch isn't what I would have chosen, but it's the lesser of 4 evils.
I am fully aware of all of this. I'm also aware that just one page before Bunny was cleared, you said this:
Netopalis wrote:Pro-town:
BloodCovenant
Chinaman
Imaginality

Neutral:
Deathsauce
Fuzzyman

Scum:
Snow_Bunny
Faraday (Halfway between neutral and scummy)
Kikuchiyo
Sanhora
The question is not "Why did you switch off of Snow_Bunny?" The answer to that one is plainly obvious.

The question is "Why did you switch to Fuzzyman?" I mean, the answer is still obvious; it's because he was the one with a convenient bandwagon already. That's just not the answer you're giving.

Ellibereth wrote:Hey, is hanging Death an option?
Yes. We've got several players that fit into the mold of lurkerscum here, I think it's highly unlikely that they're all town. And DeathSauce doesn't have the advantage of being obviously not scum with Neto, like Fuzzyman. Or me knowing for a fact that he has a town role PM, like kiku.
DrippingGoofball wrote:On page 15. Good grief, all that tree stump discussion makes me want to jump into a wood chipper.
Oh god, I know. Really, how hard is it to understand "dead for all game purposes, but can still post"?
Netopalis wrote:NOBODY has provided a reason for ANY of this.
Um, hi? I mean, you posted a fairly lengthy response to it, so you must have seen my case.
imaginality wrote:I didn't like the way people were pushing his asking the claimed mason to reveal his partner as a major scum point against him.
I think I need to go back and read that section again, but as far as I recall the people doing this were mostly just the claimed masons themselves. Which doesn't make them right, but it's more understandable.

p.s. Neto isn't actually dead yet.

Snow_Bunny votes (L-5)
I vote (L-4)
DGB votes (L-3)
Elli votes (L-2)
Faraday votes (L-1)
DGB unvotes (L-2)
Neto votes (L-1)
Elli unvotes (L-2)
Fuzzy votes (L-1)

Unvote
so someone else can L-1 him and think they're hammering. Wouldn't that be a laugh.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:10 am

Sanhora, please target DeathSauce.

Imagine, I hope you're targeting username but it's your pick.

vote: Netopalis

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:19 am

Post by Netopalis »

1) I was saying just about anything that I could to keep us from making an absolutely stupid lynch of a pro-town power role. It seemed that, at the time, most of the people were following Chinaman's way of thinking. It was idiotic. It was inane. But, to deal with the people who thought that, I had to play to their fears and concerns by telling them that I'd support the lynch if he couldn't confirm himself. Is it good play to do so? Of course not! But it's better to give him a single chance than to go ahead and lynch him because "he might not be able to confirm himself".

2) I was tired of him bringing it up. He had made the statement 3 times, and again, it seemed like he was being followed fairly closely. It was one of his main arguments in favor of a Budja lynch. Again, probably not optimal play, but given the situation I have to do what is necessary to get the town moving forward, and that means dealing with his ridiculous play rather than just ignoring it.

3) Yes, she had the same number of votes, but she
didn't
have the same number of people willing to lynch her. The people who were voting for her were the only ones willing to do so, while there were more that were willing to lynch Budja. It's also true that we wouldn't have gotten as much information from an S_B lynch due to the fact that she hadn't been considered for most of the day. We had pages and pages of reactions on people deciding whether to vote Budja or not, but we had very little to work with in regards to an S_B lynch.

4) I disagree here. Yes, I felt that the claim was scummy, and I pointed that out to preserve that fact. However, the claim also made it likelier that they weren't scum. I backed off because I wanted to see what would happen. It was incredibly frustrating, but I've had experience with Chinaman before, and I know that he's usually a pretty crappy town player. So, I decided that it would probably become evident in the future whether we were on the right track or not. What I didn't expect was for China and BC to be replaced within 24 hours of each other.

5) I could have gone for Deathsauce, Iamausername or Fuzzyman. Deathsauce and Fuzzyman were neutral reads. Iamausername replaced Kikuchiyo and solved most of the active lurking problems that Kikuchiyo had. Therefore, all 3 were neutral reads. Given that in a standard newbie game, there are likely 3 scum and given the logical elimination of all but 3 players, all of which could potentially be scum, it seemed to me to be pretty obvious that they were the scumteam. Therefore, since there was already a wagon on Fuzzyman, I decided that their arguments were probably right and I decided to hop on. Yes, if it had been on Deathsauce or Iamausername, I would have done the same. That's because I felt equally as strongly about all 3 of them for the above reasoning.

6) I posted pushing for the claimed mason to reveal his partner. I did that because I felt that he was scum and I didn't feel that his partner would back him up. In fact, I would contend that BC probably wouldn't have backed him up if they are indeed scum together if we hadn't switched the wagon over to BC.

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:55 am

Post by Ellibereth »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Sanhora, please target DeathSauce.

Imagine, I hope you're targeting username but it's your pick.

vote: Netopalis
Requoted for emphasis.
See, y'all tomorrow.

Vote: Neto
FLASH OF GREEN
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Netopalis »

Brilliant play there, Ellibereth. I hope you're scum, you'll feel a lot less foolish after all of this.

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Net is scum, despise all the emotional appeal.

I'm still LA, btw.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Netopalis »

Why would I keep up the farce after the hammer?

Oh, right. The hammer was ineffective due to my unlynchability.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”