Teleportation Mafia Universe TWO (TOWN WINS)

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Jack »

Day 2 Vote Count
animorpherv1 ( 1 ) Anon
Anon ( 0 )
DeathRowKitty ( 0 )
Starbuck ( 0 )
Plum ( 0 )
Elmo ( 1 ) Lowell
fhqwhads ( 0 )
Jack ( 6 ) DeathRowKitty Starbuck Nicodemus Plum Kise VP Baltar
VP Baltar ( 0 )
Kise ( 0 )
Lowell ( 0 )
Maelyn ( 0 )
Nicodemus ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 5 ) fhqwhads Maelyn animorpherv1 Elmo Jack
Total ( 13 )

With 13 alive, 7 needed to lynch.
Deadline: Feb 22nd 19:00 EST

Nicodemus wrote:
zorastermod, in post 86 wrote:
The sign-up had the full setup.
The second posts of each game have now had the setups added.
I'll give you credit for that Nico, and reconsider as I reread. Unfortunately, removing one point against you rarely changes the overall opinion. Your claim to find it suspicious that we knew there were three mafia is very forced, especially since there were two of us that said it.

Had some thoughts while I was away, I'll say something about:

Lowell: I think he is townie, even though I have a gut bias against people who are playing sensible while the other people are being silly. I tend to see it as scum cruising through the game while townies get themselves lynched.

VP baltar: Kind of annoying, but Kai seemed pretty town and VP is very very confidant in my guilt for him to be mafia. Wifom, but that's my gut read.

Will get to elmo in a minute.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

The odds on Jack claiming page 20 are 14:1. Can I get any takers?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by Jack »

OK, elmo.

First a quote of me answering a question about my case on him yesterday:
It isn't OMGUS, since I didn't vote him when he initially made the case. I only voted him when I reread the first couple days, and noticed how scummy he would have to be to call me out on disagreeing with kai's plan when he was on my side of the argument. I noticed that he'd been lurking like mad too.

Basically he's following a playstyle that some people adopt. You lurk, but when you do post you make them big posts, so it seems like you are contributing. I checked a game where he was scum (the bottom one on his wiki page) and he posted like this and afterwards said it wasn't his pro town meta to post that way.

I don't feel he is building his case in an honest way. He contradicts his earlier opinion, and shows more care for rhetoric and making the case sound good than in exploring the possibilities, even to the point of skipping the two big posts I made explaining exactly the part that he is saying "Just why?" about in his accusation.
Note that this was in response to a post claiming my vote was OMGUS, which is clearly false given the delay. I also note that I took a look at Elmo's meta, which VP didn't read as you can see by his day 2 suggestion that I check elmo's meta. This is the standard quality of the attacks on my case on elmo.

Now, lets lay out the sequence of events.

331 is me abandoning the doc potter and drk wagons and voting elmo, after rereading in response to VP's accusation.

VP finds me very scummy so I lay out in very great detail exactly why I posted what I did. 347 and 353 are the posts. They address at length:

The state of the game at the point of my vote on Kai, the reason I voted Kai, the reason I unvoted Kai etc. I also point out the posts where I explained it previously, as I had done previously in response to starbuck.

Now, I saw elmo in the theme park at 2:10. At 3:09 he makes his post. It's safe to assume he had time to read. He ignores 347 and 353 and ask questions that were answered in those posts, despite quoting posts from other people in that area. He uses poor reasoning. It is very obvious reading it that he is faking the case. If you can't tell that then you haven't seen mafia faking a lengthy case before, or are just blinded.

In particular, this bit:
Elmo wrote:If you don't think someone's scum, why vote them and suggest they're scum? Just
why
?
Seriously, read this and tell me that townie Elmo read 347 and 353.

To sum up Elmo's posting:

2 strategy posts, agreeing with what I said about the strategy. 2 attacks on me with poor reasoning. Disappears. Comes back, ignores relevant posts, makes a fake case. Has not looked anywhere else for scum.

Of course you have to think his case is fake to really suspect him, but isn't that what mafia is about, telling when someone is faking it?

I'll go through and pick out my third suspect for mafia next.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Jack »

Anon:
probably town. Not much there, but it seems genuine enough. I'll put him on the town pile. Only did an ISO skim.

animorpherv:
Nada content, but is reading both universes as shown by quoting fishies post. ISO 9, quotes pops from other town asking about simultaneous hammers, animorph is thinking about the night kills. Is fine with either lynch but votes doc potter, no votes till next day. Out of the blue says he'll hammer me if I claim or after 24 hours. Puts in big font that he'll hammer me if I don't claim in next post. Smells like mafia but I'll have to check up on the others.

death row kittie:
not much to swing me either way. Nothing jumps out. I'll put her in the townie pile.

Ellibereth:
not going to reread since he's in the other universe, doesn't seem worth it

fhq:
quite scummy. Very much in favor of my strategy at the beginning, thinks I'm obv town:
fhq wrote:I don't like the Jack wagon. He's obv town.

Partly gut, partly I don't see mafia-jack being so ballsy and making controversial statements as he does. My mind might change later in the game, but I think he's aggressive-town.
He says this after I voted him over a post where he was saying strategizing was scummy. Maybe his reason he gave for that was true, maybe not. The "he's obv town" could be a bit of an appeasement strategy. He leaves the door open to change his mind, and does out of the blue day 2 when I'm a very popular lynch:
fhq wrote:Re Jacks vote: Seriously? No reason? You do know we've exited the RVS? I was obviously wrong about you.
My vote is for elmo, I have mass reasons the day before. Rapid opinion shift + not reading. He only had one vote day 1, for doc. Very scummy, I put him at the top of my list.

ok, posting this, it'll be a two part series I guess. Have to go through the rest of the players, haven't officially picked my top three yet.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by Jack »

Kise:
No read. Absent for most of the game, poor argument on me but that is hardly unique. All arguments against me are poor anyway :P

Maelyn/Maemuki
: this hydra thing confuses me and I don't do cutesy. Lurking/joke posting and then coming in to do a pbpa day 2 isn't cool, not good for town. No real read though.

Plum:
Not interested in other universe players.

Starbuck:
hard to read, especially because of posts like ISO 4. Asks lots of questions in here few posts, doesn't care about the answers. As in, says absolutely nothing about it. Votes me today "going off her case from yesterday". Almost to anti town to really be mafia. She was one of my top picks, but is really slipping now.

I said something about lowell and VP already.

Ok, my picks for mafia.

Elmo
and
Nico
, although the connection isn't that strong.
FHQ
for the third.

Starbuck and animopherv are the other ones I found scummy. I will go out on a limb and put starbuck in as bad town. Can't have 5 mafia suspects. Animopherv, the biggest mark against him is the willingness to hammer me/giving himself an excuse for it. I would put him down as unknown, needs questioning.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Kise »

K..... Image

Unvote

Someone else vote him, and I'll hammer. I'll take the blame for putting the nail in the coffin, if that's what you gals/guys are afraid of.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by Jack »

deathrowkittie wrote:
Case on Jack

Vote: Jack
Starbuck wrote:Still going from my case yesterday, I will go back and iso him again to bring it up to date, but for now

Nicodemus wrote: Obliged.

Kise wrote:OH, NOW I get it, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

VP Baltar wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Jack

That works too! Reverse my plan.

Very nice. Although I'll give VP credit for having tons outside of this vote, although he did wimp out of discussion. Don't care about plums "horrid horrid horrid UGH" vote either, other universe mafia don't concern us at this point.

I'm not going to claim with 6 votes on me day 2, when half of them are random bs votes. It is simply not pro townie play. Some of these quieter people need to come back and give their thoughts. Kise, I'm interested to see what he was actually thinking with the bwahaha post, and what he thinks of the other players in the game besides me.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by Jack »

Kise wrote:K..... Image

Unvote

Someone else vote him, and I'll hammer. I'll take the blame for putting the nail in the coffin, if that's what you gals/guys are afraid of.
You came into today with some questions about me. I answered them, you picked out the bit about my early vote on you to reply to and ignored the rest. Then you voted me based on my "scumclaim". Could you lay out the reasons you think I'm mafia, and what you think of the other players?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Jack wrote: death row kittie: not much to swing me either way. Nothing jumps out. I'll put
her
him in the townie pile.
Apparently that's only the 8th time someone's messed up my gender. I could have sworn it was more.
Jack wrote: I'm not going to claim with 6 votes on me day 2, when half of them are random bs votes.
Well, if you're going to be fair about this, another one of my posts contained a bit of reasoning. Plus, you claimed scum. What other reasoning could anyone possibly need???
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by Jack »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
Jack wrote: death row kittie: not much to swing me either way. Nothing jumps out. I'll put
her
him in the townie pile.
Apparently that's only the 8th time someone's messed up my gender. I could have sworn it was more.
Sorry, "kitty" sounds feminine.
Jack wrote: I'm not going to claim with 6 votes on me day 2, when half of them are random bs votes.
Well, if you're going to be fair about this, another one of my posts contained a bit of reasoning.
this:
Our first contestant votes haphazardly and without reason and he's STILL waiting for one to really stick. He disapproves of optimal town strategy and likes getting stuck in the rain. From Scummy McScummerville, Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
I didn't take it seriously :?

Maybe I have too much faith that people who threw out votes early will reconsider.
Plus, you claimed scum. What other reasoning could anyone possibly need???
:shock:

This is like starbuck 2.0. Why don't you tell me how I misrepresented mykonian? How many confessions have you seen on day 2 with everything up in the air? At worst you could say I was wifoming.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Kise »

DeathRowKitty wrote:Plus, you claimed scum.
Exactly. He put the case on himself and now he's wrapped in a burrito he can't undo.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by Jack »

Maelyn claimed bullet proof day vig earlier. I checked the OP, there is no such role. You guys might want to look into that.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Kise »

And I bet you got a bridge in London you want to sell to us as well.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by Jack »

Kise wrote:And I bet you got a bridge in London you want to sell to us as well.
Page 4, posts 79 and 80. I thought you said you read over that part of the day?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by Kise »

That was RVS..
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Jack wrote: This is like starbuck 2.0. Why don't you tell me how I misrepresented mykonian? How many confessions have you seen on day 2 with everything up in the air? At worst you could say I was wifoming.
How often have I see someone claim scum day 2? I'm not sure I'd seen it happen until today honestly.

Also, I don't get the WIFOM part.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by Kise »

Well I'm going to bed. Hopefully someone has the courage or the conscious to finish the job.

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by Jack »

Kise wrote:Well I'm going to bed. Hopefully someone has the courage or the conscious to finish the job.

Who else do you think is scum? Any recommendations for who should be teleported?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by Jack »

Ok, I'll lay out my list in order:

1) elmo
2) nico
3) fhq
4) animorph
5) kise
6) drk
7) maelyn/maemuki
8) starbuck
9) lowell
10) VP baltar
11) Anon

...) plum

For posterity/teleporter in case I get hammered. If elmo or nico flips town by some chance it doesn't make the other one innocent too imo. I bumped drk up for being annoying.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Jack »

Kise wrote:That was RVS..
Yes, yes it was. So you can tell it was not a serious claim?

It seems you didn't read carefully.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by Anon »

Why the hell are you guys voting Jack and acting like he is confirmed scum? Did I miss something or what?
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:14 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

Nicodemus wrote:No, just for Elmo. I have at least a couple concrete things on everyone else.
Care to share?
Plum wrote:This post rubs me the wrong way. Suggesting to Myk that he should be almost grateful to get lynched becaue the slip looks "REALLY bad" but not being clear whether he actually thinks that Myk is scum or town because of it . . .
I'm actually surprised no one bitched about this earlier. It's an easy post to pick on, but you are wrong. I thought it was pretty obvious that scum-slip = scum. My point was that if he IS town, his win condition should be more important than his life. Scum thrive on using WIFOM to direct mislynches. There's no better WIFOM ammo than a percieved scum-slip.
Plum wrote:And that = scum, such that you would have joined the Jack cause yesterday had you been around?
Yes. I thought this was clear?

Wow @ Jack scumslip. Wow.

I fail to see how any of the weak cases he's putting forward helps town (or scum for that matter?) Is he just taking the piss out of us?
Jack wrote:Elmo and Nico, although the connection isn't that strong. FHQ for the third.
Is it wrong that I'm thinking that your case on me is the strongest one of the three?
Jack wrote:I'm not going to claim...
That's all I need to hear.

Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:07 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Jack wrote: I bumped drk up for being annoying.
I feel so loved! :D
fgahksdfwfa wrote:
:goodposting:
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Anon wrote:Why the hell are you guys voting Jack and acting like he is confirmed scum? Did I miss something or what?
You're either scum or have officially spent too much time on 4chan killing your brain.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:35 am

Post by zorastermod »

Final Vote Count Day 2
animorpherv1 ( 1 ) Anon
Anon ( 0 )
DeathRowKitty ( 0 )
Starbuck ( 0 )
Plum ( 0 )
Elmo ( 1 ) Lowell
fhqwhads ( 0 )
Jack ( 7 ) DeathRowKitty Starbuck Nicodemus Plum VP Baltar Kise fhqwhads
VP Baltar ( 0 )
Kise ( 0 )
Lowell ( 0 )
Maelyn ( 0 )
Nicodemus ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 4 ) Maelyn animorpherv1 Elmo Jack
Total ( 13 )

With 13 alive, 7 needed to lynch.
Deadline: Feb 22nd 19:00 EST

Jack the Town (2) Townie was Lynched

The Deadline is Sunday, February 14th at 5:14 am. Any actions not in by this time will count as "no action."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”