Mini 914 ~ Mafia Reverberation (Game Over!)

Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:08 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Nikanor wrote:
Zito wrote:This kinda sucks. Zoraster + (Porkens/Jazzmyn) FTW.
*Sigh* Okay. Jazz+SC purge. Now everyone will be happy (except Jazz and SC, who will be dead(?)).
Gah. Zoraster is still alive in this scenario. Zoraster needs to be thrown into the big scary glowing fire column thingy.

Zoraster + SC?

(this is weird)
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Jahudo »

@Mod: Did you know zoraster went on V/LA?

This has me losing interest in a day 1 zoraster purge.
Nikanor wrote:Should I?
Jazz has played differently from the posts you mentioned. Her reasons seem to be partially real life issues and partially meta, which is something you could comment on and say is valid or not.
Nikanor wrote:Okay, Rhinox and SC then. ^5 compromise!
Do you think SC is scum? Your Rhinox case is ok.
SerialClergyman wrote:I don't know what to do about Sotty's claim. It has me pondering a massclaim.
Are you still pondering this? Do you think it's a good idea? When?
(I 100% disagree with this idea unless we feel we're in lylo/mylo)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm still not down with the SC a danglin'.

Zor, V/LA or no, has done little.
Jazz, much like I expected, went back to nothingland after the wallposts.
Rhinox, again, bags o nothin'.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

It's not dangling Spy, he'll explode into a million molecules of light. It's very Zen in a way. You should stop being stubborn about it.

Zor hasn't done a lot, but if he's not here it's not an alignment tell either way. It'd be over his straight up lurking early in the game, which is a bit hohum. Maybe, but as a last resort I think.
MO wrote:Zoraster + SC?
You looked at the SC case I take it? What did you think?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Who actually properly wants me lynched and why? At the moment the most verbose case has been VP, which as far as I can tell says 'I have one game where you as town tunnelled and no games as scum where you tunnelled and since you only had one obvious target in the first 300 pages you're scum.'

Moar please, if you've got it, little minions of evil.

Nikanor's style change looks disaffected and won't give reasons for actions but his voting is genuine.

Spyrex - I'd be suspicious of you stragercouging me if you weren't clearly town.

Sotty - what was the reason you claimed to have a double vote?
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

SC-quick, who is scum and why?
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

:arrow:
SerialClergyman (P-3)
~
VP Baltar
Jazzmyn
Sotty7

:arrow:
Rhinox (P-3)
~
Porkens
Nikanor
Herodotus

zoraster (P-4)
~ Mighty Orbots,
Jahudo

Porkens (P-5)
~
Rhinox

Sotty7 (P-5)
~
-INCANT-

Mighty Orbots (P-5) ~
zoraster

Jahudo (P-5)
~
SerialClergyman

Nikanor (P-5)
~
SpyreX

--At Intensity ζ, it will take 6 Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Sunday, February 14, 2010...

Jahudo 376 wrote:@Mod: Did you know zoraster went on V/LA?
Actually, no. (I don't check the V/LA thread, ftr.)
VP Baltar 378 wrote:It's not dangling Spy, he'll explode into a million molecules of light.
Pretty close to the right idea, flavorwise.
VP Baltar 378 wrote:which is a bit
hohum
I laughed.
Last edited by Vi on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:54 pm

If I had to guess right now, I'd say Jahudo was scum due to dodgy votes, Jazzmyn was scum due to suspicious posting patterns and fluff and I'm not sure about the third. Could be you or porkens.
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Why does Sotty's claim remove her from your list altogether?
YOUR AD HERE

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:42 pm

I don't think scum would claim in that scenario.
I'm old now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:52 pm

Post by SpyreX »

The details fit in such a way that if you think I'm town (AND A POWERFUL WIZARD) Sotty deserves some lee-way.

That said, maybe I've had a bit too much to drink and its got my cackles a risen' and its time to lay down THE LAW.

We need to get on the ball. We're already down to less than it would take for a normal wagon and as things sit we're not going to get moving in the right way.

I'd bet CASH MONEY that within the subset of (Zor, Rhinox, Jazz) there is at least a scum. Maybe more.

Ideally, even though you all pish posh, all three of these would happen. Two damn well should.

Make it so. I'm tired of the apathy and the lurking in this game.

Spice it up with a rope or three.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:40 am

Post by Sotty7 »

SerialClergyman Post 379 wrote:Sotty - what was the reason you claimed to have a double vote?
I claimed because I was sitting on this tool that could save me and I wasn't sure what to do with it. If I just used the double vote then it would have caused a little ruckus and probably made me look worse. So I decided to claim my extra vote and let everyone chime in on what I should do with it. If the majority of the thread still wanted me lynched then I guess I would have to eat it.

I am pretty happy with a Serial, Rhinox purge at this point. Both are in my top suspects and I am willing to cut Jazz a little slack.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:51 am

Post by Nikanor »

Jahudo wrote:Jazz has played differently from the posts you mentioned. Her reasons seem to be partially real life issues and partially meta, which is something you could comment on and say is valid or not.
Ironically, part of the reason I voted her was for meta. In the two games I've played with her where she was town, never did she post this much fluff in her posts. Although maybe I should read the entire thread to make sure it's a trend all the way through.
Jahudo wrote:Do you think SC is scum? Your Rhinox case is ok.
I don't particularly think SC is scum, but enough people think (or 'think') SC is scum to get decent reads from a SC lynch.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Nikanor »

@Mod: Massprod please? I find the lack of activity in this game disturbing.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:53 am

Post by Herodotus »

I haven't felt too inspired in any particular direction, beyond still liking the Rhinox wagon.

I like Nikanor's contribution so far, but I don't like the idea that he might not have finished reading the thread up to this point. Especially if he's complaining about a lack of activity, since, well, there's activity that he skipped over.

I've been thinking about the masspurge that we discussed earlier. There are several people who I'm pretty confident are not scum, and I feel that setting ourselves up to purge all but a handful of townies would force the scum to scramble to avoid having all their members purged.
Jahudo wrote:I don't want to purge zoraster for lurking/being inactive. But I do want to purge zoraster.
Jahudo wrote:

Explain. If your reasons for wanting to purge him were not based on his inactivity, then why does his having an excuse for his inactivity make you lose interest in purging him?
Also, is VP scum?
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Jahudo »

Herodotus wrote:
Jahudo wrote:I don't want to purge zoraster for lurking/being inactive. But I do want to purge zoraster.
Jahudo wrote:

Explain. If your reasons for wanting to purge him were not based on his inactivity, then why does his having an excuse for his inactivity make you lose interest in purging him?
Also, is VP scum?
He never showed up to try and defend the reason I found him scummy. I asked questions in post 275 that would help me affirm my incantation.

And there's better cases from people who've said more things. Making a one-dimentional purge on day 1 doesn't help vote analysis as much as someone who's posted more, like SC or Rhinox.

more on SC and Rhinox in a bit...
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Jahudo »

@Serial Clergyman:
Jahudo wrote:
SerialClergyman wrote:I don't know what to do about Sotty's claim. It has me pondering a massclaim.
Are you still pondering this? Do you think it's a good idea? When?
(I 100% disagree with this idea unless we feel we're in lylo/mylo)
???

Also, this meta does not fit with this game:
SC wrote:I'm very vocal about town reads and trust them more strongly than my scum reads. I even spent a period of games where all I did on D1 was look for townies and was prepared to lynch anyone who I couldn't directly state was town.
He seemed to really trust a single scum read by page 4 of this game.
SC wrote:Honestly guys, this case is making itself. The only reason I'm still typing is because I'm trying to break this keyboard before the warranty is due. There should be no need for any further action except incanting Sotty.
And he hasn't acted like he's prepared to purge anyone he hasn't directed stated was town.
SC wrote:If I had to guess right now, I'd say Jahudo was scum due to dodgy votes, Jazzmyn was scum due to suspicious posting patterns and fluff and I'm not sure about the third. Could be you or porkens.
Hasn't said zoraster is town, just that he doesn't like the lurker case on him. Seems like he's neutral on Nikanor. Hasn't commented anything about Hero, MO or Rhinox.
So what are you hiding, SC? Your reasons for thinking some people are town, or your meta?

--------------------------------------

@Rhinox
Rhinox wrote:@porkens: why so apathetic? do you really think all 3 of sotty, SC, and zor are scum together? because I just can't see sotty and SC being scum together.
How important is finding scum pairings in your reads today? Isn't it possible for two people to be scummy and in different factions?

And what is your actually take on zoraster?
Rhinox wrote:As if on cue. Now it really does look like you're intentionally lurking. You don't post for a week, but miraculously show up as soon as you're suspected for lurking? suspicious...
Rhinox wrote:I don't support any plan that includes lynching Zor today. He's seeming town.
How can you find him suspicious but seem he's town? Do you think he's went back to intentionally lurking? What do you think of his posts 177, 217, 218, 220, and 223? Do those seem townish?
Rhinox wrote:@Nacho: I'm displeased with your entrance to the game. No thoughts on other players besides Zor? Is MO your scum partner?
How can this displease you if you think it's important to withhold your town reads? It took you 5 posts to suspect someone other than porkens.

Rhinox, at this moment which purge you do prefer: porkens or nikanor?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Porkens »

We just need to railroad this game into day 2. get the leading wagons to L-1 and wait till the purge.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Rhinox »

Responding to Jahudo for now. More later.
How important is finding scum pairings in your reads today? Isn't it possible for two people to be scummy and in different factions?
Meh, I'm not really looking for pairings today, and I don't think about multiple factions until there is evidence that supports it. I don't think SC and sotty can BOTH be on the same faction though. If we're talking multiple factions, I suppose they could be on different mafia teams, but I doubt one would be an sk - I think if there is an sk, it would be porkens.
And what is your actually take on zoraster?
The first quote of mine was when I didn't realize he was prodded. His posts led me to the conclusion in the second quote of mine because he was being active, and I only suspected him before for possibly lurking. Looking back now I see that the only scum hunting zor has done was his 6 points in his iso3. Everything else has pretty much been game theory. I'm suspicious of his V/LA, if he is indeed V/LA, only because he's modding a large parallel universe game at the moment, and he's active in his modding duties over there. So I guess I wouldn't feel bad about seeing him purged today, but I feel porkens or nacho are scummier.
How can this displease you if you think it's important to withhold your town reads? It took you 5 posts to suspect someone other than porkens.
I didn't like that Nacho's first post in the game was basically a "me too" hop on to one of the popular bandwagons. It would have been different if he contibuted something new. When I questioned him about it, instead of responding to the point I made, he ignored it and instead attacked my activity. Thats about the scummiest individual comment I've seen so far in the game.
Rhinox, at this moment which purge you do prefer: porkens or nikanor?
My vote is on porkens, so that is your answer. Overall, I don't like porkens' apathy and willingness to lynch anybody without really giving reasons. nikanor is an improvement over nacho in terms of activity, and at least seems to be scum hunting. What I don't like is his appeal to his scum hunting history in order to support his cases, i.e. "I've only ever called people scum like this 4 other times and they were scum then so they're scum now". If his cases were strong, he wouldn't need his scum hunting history to support them. Its not enough for me to want to see him purged though - I'd rather let nacho return so I can actually get some answers to the questions I asked.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:07 pm

What's with 'use meta arguments to get SC lynched' today?

Jahudo, even in the quote you posted you'll see that I'm not using the 'focus on town alone' strategy for this game.

Also, this meta does not fit with this game:
SC wrote:I'm very vocal about town reads and trust them more strongly than my scum reads.
I even spent a period of games
where all I did on D1 was look for townies and was prepared to lynch anyone who I couldn't directly state was town.
He seemed to really trust a single scum read by page 4 of this game.
]And he hasn't acted like he's prepared to purge anyone he hasn't directed stated was town.

The bolded is a key point - that's not my strategy this game.
Hasn't said zoraster is town, just that he doesn't like the lurker case on him. Seems like he's neutral on Nikanor. Hasn't commented anything about Hero, MO or Rhinox.
So what are you hiding, SC? Your reasons for thinking some people are town, or your meta?
I don't get this. If I haven't mentioned someone it's because I don't have a read on them. When I've thought people are town or scum I've provided reasons - if you're missing some just ask.

As for a massclaim - This time I COULD self-meta in defence but I've been doing enough of that so lets go with arguing on theoretical grounds. At the moment I think we have two town power roles exposed. This means that for the next two kills, scum can have two excellent night kills. We also don't gain very much from their exposure. So if scum are already garaunteed to NK a power role, why not massclaim and get some info out of it and force scum to lock in their claims early?

Now - the argument against is that doublevoters aren't exactly the sexiest role (despite being POWERFUL WIZARDS) and exposing a cop, say, essentially means we lose much more power than we would have otherwise. This means I'm probably against it but it's worth considering.
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

SC wrote:As for a massclaim - This time I COULD self-meta in defence
As much as I want SC purged today, this is true. The boy loves a mass claim. Null tell.

(I don't agree it's the proper route today, ftr.)
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

SerialClergyman (P-3)
~
VP Baltar
Jazzmyn
Sotty7

Rhinox (P-3)
~
Porkens
Nikanor
Herodotus

zoraster (P-4)
~ Mighty Orbots,
Jahudo

Porkens (P-5)
~
Rhinox

Sotty7 (P-5)
~
-INCANT-

Mighty Orbots (P-5) ~
zoraster

Jahudo (P-5)
~
SerialClergyman

Nikanor (P-5)
~
SpyreX

-I'll do a general massprod
this once
-Prodding zoraster again...

--At Intensity ζ, it will take 6 Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Sunday, February 14, 2010...
Last edited by Vi on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by Jahudo »

I'm dropping this train of thought:
Jahudo wrote:I've got bad vibes on SC, but not for his take on me. He's now made tells that make sense as 2 different third-party factions. I'm waiting to see if the second one develops.
I felt the way he suggested massclaim this early could be a reporter play. But he didn't push the idea, even after Hero started thinking massclaim too.

Now I'm thinking even Hero's suggestion is too on the nose for a reporter to say.
Herodotus wrote:There are several people who I'm pretty confident are not scum, and I feel that setting ourselves up to purge all but a handful of townies would force the scum to scramble to avoid having all their members purged.
But reporter talk is just theory. It's more practical to think of the potential power roles that would be outed by massclaim. I think scum could have town-sounding power roles like cop or doc in this game, given the SK and other anti-town faction possibilities, so mass claim does not sound like a good idea.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Jahudo 397 makes no sense to me for three reasons:

I never supported a massclaim.
SC 394 doesn't really drop the idea of a massclaim.
As far as I can tell, a massclaim doesn't help a hypothetical reporter very much. It would just guide them in using an investigative ability, if they have one.

On an unrelated note,
Jahudo wrote:
Herodotus wrote:Also, is VP scum?
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Rhinox wrote:My vote is on porkens, so that is your answer. Overall, I don't like porkens' apathy and willingness to lynch anybody without really giving reasons. nikanor is an improvement over nacho in terms of activity, and at least seems to be scum hunting. What I don't like is his appeal to his scum hunting history in order to support his cases, i.e. "I've only ever called people scum like this 4 other times and they were scum then so they're scum now". If his cases were strong, he wouldn't need his scum hunting history to support them. Its not enough for me to want to see him purged though - I'd rather let nacho return so I can actually get some answers to the questions I asked.
This. Really read this. Then, lynch Rhinox.

I could see mayyybe a SC-Reporter (thats way better than the lyncher line ps) but if that's the case who cares?

I'm gettin all itchy at any "ohh it might be this third party that isn't the scum that you REALLY need to be caring about but lets vote for him anyways even though we REFUSE TO LISTEN TO POWERFUL WIZARDS AND PURGE MAYBE THE GIANT BALL OF PEOPLE THAT SHOULD IN FACT BE PURGED"
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”