LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Election Count

Yosarian2 (7) - dramonic, Netopalis, pwnman, Netlava, The1fifi, Dr Pepper, animorpherv1
RayFrost (5) - DocPotter, Gayle, Elscouta, ortolan, Yosarian2
tatetothetot (2) - ZEEnon, hp [leaves]
hp [leaves] (2) - raider8169, Archon Kamigawa
Dr Pepper (1) - CryMeARiver
Gayle (1) - RayFrost

Not Voting (6) - vikingfan, Socrates, Bogre, danakillsu, TheLonging, tatetothetot

Prodding Bogre
danakillsu has informed me of a V/LA untill Monday
Last edited by LlamaFluff on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
tatetothetot
tatetothetot
Goon
tatetothetot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by tatetothetot »

vikingfan wrote: as for me, my only point about scum handing off votes to scum at this early stage of the game is that scum would help point us to another scum once uncovered (in some ways like a cop investigation).

Thus, scum may HAVE to give votes to a town player to avoid uneaarthing scumbuddies. Which is what we want.
I have a question. When one person flips scum and we find out the next person on his list is you, are you town or scum based off that?

See the flaw in your logic? We can't assume scum will give it to town OR to scum first. Now if repeated scum are found and both have the same person on the top of their list, we might be able to check into it but even that doesn't confirm that person mafia.
And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Yes, I am, sorry. Posted too quickly without thinking.

What, exactly, do you find scummy about Yos' initial post? It seems to me that discussions of optimal strategy are a necessary part of a game with unique mechanics. It's a null tell at best, IMHO.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
tatetothetot
tatetothetot
Goon
tatetothetot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by tatetothetot »

Netopalis wrote:Yes, I am, sorry. Posted too quickly without thinking.

What, exactly, do you find scummy about Yos' initial post? It seems to me that discussions of optimal strategy are a necessary part of a game with unique mechanics. It's a null tell at best, IMHO.
Yes but it was too early. That is not something we needed to worry about till day 1. Right now, scum are trying to gain a double vote and town have to try and figure out who to give the double vote too. It seemed like a campaign to me.

BTW- I never said the post was scummy, just that I didn't want to elect him mayor for it.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Your implication seems to be that you feel that he is less of a town player for it. Hence, scumminess. It also seems to me that the theory behind his first post was inextricably linked with the question of who the town gives extra votes to - ergo, it is an appropriate place to discuss this at the time that we're going to be giving out extra votes. Also, Yosarian probably knew going into this, when he saw the player list, that he was the most experienced and well-respected player on the list. He wouldn't have needed to campaign as scum - in fact, it would be an excellent opportunity to make himself look as if he were thrust into power.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

tatetothetot
tatetothetot
Goon
tatetothetot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by tatetothetot »

First off, I laughed so hard at the ergo. Lets not take this conversation to high, we won't the kiddies to keep up [/sarcasm]

Neutral is an acceptable status which is were I have Yos.

His first post was all about voting from a Last Will standpoint. We are dealing with the double voter right now and I don't see any strategy coming from that post about electing the double voter (although I probably would advocate that as town play either)

I have never played with Yos so using his meta is void on me.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Will, voting, it's all the same. It's all about choosing people to give extra votes to.

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by RayFrost »

tatetothetot wrote:First off, I laughed so hard at the ergo. Lets not take this conversation to high, we won't the
kiddies
to keep up [/sarcasm]

Neutral is an acceptable status which is were I have Yos.

His first post was all about voting from a Last Will standpoint. We are dealing with the double voter right now and I don't see any strategy coming from that post about electing the double voter (although I probably would advocate that as town play either)

I have never played with Yos so using his meta is void on me.
Daykill: tatetothetot

DIAF, ageist.
don't you feel silly now?
pwnman
pwnman
Goon
pwnman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:29 am

Post by pwnman »

Wtf. You a daykill vig?
Show
Mafia RULES!!!!
As Mafia- 1-0
As Town- 1-2
As 3rd Party- 0-0
May have LA until March
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:06 am

Post by DocPotter »

Yeah, he got the super special pre-game day vig role.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:18 am

Post by dramonic »

I think this whole stress issue around who is mayor or not is kind of overblown. If the mayor is town, scum will want to nk him fairly quickly. If he's scum, he'll have to vote wisely since he can be held accountable for every mislynch :P
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:19 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

tatetothetot wrote:
Yos wrote:
tate wrote:For starters, I don't like Yos' post. Most of that is fairly standard stuff and doesn't seem necessary to post. I can only assume it was done because he wanted to seem more pro town to gain votes.
Not something I can go off of right now, but I will not be voting for Yos to receive the double vote.

It certanly sounds like you were accusing me of being scum. You "didn't like my post", you "assumed I was trying to seem pro-town to gain votes", and it was "not something you can go off of right now". Certanly sounds like you're trying to attack me there.

Backtracking already?
Bull. I was accusing you of trying to earn votes for mayor. That first post didn't seem town to me which is why you will not be getting a vote from me. The bolded part of my quote just indicates that I have no reason to consider you scum but I don't consider you town either. Your in the mish mash area which is not good enough to earn the double vote.
"Not something I can go off right now" at least implies that you'd be voting to lynch me if you could do that right now, dosn't it?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:48 am

Post by raider8169 »

DocPotter wrote:
raider8169 wrote: I am sure there are enough killing roles where
<snip>
What an interesting observation. Care to back it up any?
Sure thing

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

Read
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:50 am

Post by raider8169 »

EBWOP:
RayFrost wrote:
Daykill: tatetothetot

DIAF, ageist.
This too :)
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:53 am

Post by Netopalis »

Read the list of threads in the Theme Park Forum?

vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:59 am

Post by vikingfan »

FOS Raider
for not backing up his claim. Give us something better than that, please.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:04 am

Post by raider8169 »

Wow you guys are slow. This is mafia, of course there are going to be killing roles. Even if there is just one mafia this game would last way too long if there was no other killing roles.

And yes read a few theme games and find one where there was not an SK or two mafias of sort or something to that effect.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Netopalis »

I'm sure I could if I really wanted to take the time. What are you getting at, though?

Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Gayle »

He is saying that in large theme games there are bound to be killing roles or else the game would go on too long. Or at least that is how I understand it.

Also, elect anyone but Yos to mayor (when did we start calling it that?). His reactions are creeping me out.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Netopalis »

Gayle: You're going to have to explain a bit more about "creeping me out". I really can't base any sort of game decision on the vague notion that you're "creeped out".

The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:43 am

Post by The1fifi »

vikingfan wrote:
Netopalis wrote:I want the white knight. The bad player will probably give that extra vote to scum if we "off" him, as you say. It also forces us into more policy lynches if we pick poorly.
No, giving the extra vote to a scumbuddy is what we WANT...it basically gives us a good idea of who to lynch and we would have more than enough votes to counteract that.

In the very endgame, yes, you're right, but not now or for awhile.
Really? you want scum to have a double voter? like, if you think you someone is scum, you re better off lynching them, not making them mayor.

And yes, i know we can't lynch today. but is pointless to give the double voting power to a scummy player, and then lynch it? especially when we may have a good player like yosarian or ray on our side, who are good at analyzing people, and therefore would be an awesome advantage to town?

p.s : Assuming they are town. I believe yosarian might be, but no read on ray
Matteh says :
Also, the wiki is only a REFERENCE point. Don't live by what it says
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:48 am

Post by The1fifi »

@Ray : what the hell, i jumped the day kill!

Forget my null read on him! If you really are a dayvig, which i believe you might be..

Lets wait for the mod to post.
Matteh says :
Also, the wiki is only a REFERENCE point. Don't live by what it says
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Gayle »

Netopalis wrote: You're going to have to explain a bit more about "creeping me out". I really can't base any sort of game decision on the vague notion that you're "creeped out".
Why Yosarian2 Is Creepy1. He begins the game and makes the startling discovery that mafia has a different win condition from normal. Shockingly, they win by
controlling half of the votes! Even more shocking, if they get those votes quickly, THE GAME WILL END QUICKLY. Thankfully, Yos was here
to warn us about such danger. He also suggests the obvious strategy (obvious to everyone except Netopalis, apparently) of making sure no
one person gains too much power.

2. He claims that his above discovery required careful study of the game rules.

3. When [insert name here] says the he believes yos did the above in order to look pro town and garner votes, Yos interprets this as
"Yos is obviously right and therefore scum"

4. He completely ignores my last post addressed to him.

5. You advocate concentrating power in the "best" players, and you have already made it known that Yos is one of these players.

I know you theory types don't have emotion, but it
feels
to me that you two are trying to concentrate power in Yos. And based on that feeling, I would like to elect anyone but Yos.

@Fifi:
Ray is not a dayvig.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Netlava »

A couple of very preliminary thoughts:

I don't like the sound of Dr. Pepper's "I want to lynch tate." It sounds weird to me, like something scum would say, and not town. It seems like an excessive display, if you know what I mean.

Ortolan's first post gives me a manipulative vibe. Saying my vote of yosarian is town whereas pwnman's is not feels like arbitrary nitpicking to me. But more importantly, finding zEEnon scummy for wanting to give the vote to tate makes it seem like he's trying to redirect the town to his own liking. I'm also suspicious of his unexplained accusation.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:34 am

Post by Gayle »

This is strange. Several minutes have passed and Netopalis hasn't replied. Something must have happened to him. Someone find his address so I can direct the police there immediately.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”