Open 193 - Friends and Enemies: It's over!

Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

As the sun rises on Day 3, it looks at first glance that you're all accounted for. But it does not take long to realize that Ojanen has been replaced with a crude papier mache likeness of himself. As the town goes to Ojanen's home to investigate, a vat of... strangely poignant glue is discovered... But... Oh god! Poignant glue is made of Ojanen!

Ojanen - Mason dies Night 2

It is now day 3. With 8 alive it's 5 to lynch.
Last edited by Head_Honcho on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Immoral Acts: 0
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I knew she was town. You listen to me, we lynch scum. That's how it goes.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:28 am

Today we're going to lynch someone we should have lynched a long time ago.

Vote hitogoroshi
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

No offense, but glad Oj died. Clears up that suspicion nicely. I'm most interested in a Sando, ABR or SC lynch today.

Vi and DDD town reads have only been further strengthened pending a reread to make myself completely confident.

Troll looks more town than anything. I don't think a scum buddy would leave a vote on like that if he couldn't keep up with the thread.

That leaves hito more in a neutral category. Gut on it says that he's not scum though. Reck wouldn't have been so preferential of the PCE lynch Day 1 if they were scum buddies when the very viable charlatan wagon was there.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:40 am

Get the fuck out of here.

I was right about Amished. I was right about Reckoner. I am now right about PCE/hito.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

lol.

ITT, scum tries to claim credit for things he had little to nothing to do with. At least you're a hero in your own mind.
YOUR AD HERE

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:42 am

Pardon my quick reaction. How does that quote go again...

Ah yes.

"Never underestimate the unpredictability of stupidity."
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah

bahstahds
green shirt thursdays
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Just FYI: Sando's on limited access through the weekend.

Votecount:

hitogoroshi(1): Albert B. Rampage

Not Voting(7): Zorblag, SerialClergyman, Sando, VP Baltar, hitogoroshi, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Vi
With 8 alive it's 5 to lynch.
Immoral Acts: 0
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Vi »

SerialClergyman 869 wrote:
Reck had every chance of being lynched earlier. He was at L-1 with many people pushing his lynch (including Albert, whose ability to secure lynches of his suspects is in my mind his most valuable trait.
If he's town, sando put a lot of effort into pushing against the lynch. It would have been a really simple mislynch and instead he made what I think is a genuine effort to derail the wagon. If reck is scum, then sando would have had to be attempting a derail from L-1 and really creating ties with reck,
and I don't think sando would act like that either.
First bolded: That hammer would have been incredibly premature. I don't/didn't think anyone would have done it. As it turned out, I was right in this assumption (Sando voiced opposition to the wagon, Ojanen waffled, hito wasn't caught up, VP Baltar waited).

Second bolded: If I were in Sando's position as scum and xRx were Town, I would have opposed the heck out of that lynch to keep my own paws clean (and it didn't look like "a lot of effort"). With xRx-scum, I think that given how Sando looked like he was going to derail the wagon later that he would have gone for it.

You say that you found Sando pro-Town based on the derail, but what about everything else?

I'm not feeling the hito wagon particularly much right now, so--

Vote: Sando
(L-4)

---

VP Baltar: If ABR is scum, then why aren't you voting him?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vi wrote: VP Baltar: If ABR is scum, then why aren't you voting him?
Been there done that?

No, but seriously, as much as I want to vote him, logically speaking it does seem that Sando and/or Serial have a higher probability of being scum due to their actions around the Reckoner wagon. Serial had a quick vote/unvote in there and tried to discredit it while Sando made his best effort to not speak to the issue at all. Doesn't mean it's not still fun to mess with ABR.

I'm taking it by your last post that your reads are similar to mine. Reck's flip improved your thoughts of the player who shall not be named?

Vote:Sando
post or die scumbaggio.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:45 am

Post by Vi »

VP Baltar 885 wrote:Serial had a quick vote/unvote in there
wait what
VP Baltar 885 wrote:Reck's flip improved your thoughts of the player who shall not be named?
I'm not sure what you mean by "improved". Intuition says I should look that way today, but I want to see where this first line of questioning goes first.
VP Baltar 885 wrote:Vote:Sando post or die scumbaggio.
H_H 883 wrote:Just FYI: Sando's on limited access through the weekend.
wait what
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Sorry missed the V/LA note. When he gets back.
Vi wrote:wait what
Look at his iso between Jan. 28 and Jan. 31 when the wagon ballooned. He votes and then once it gets going, he mostly tries to discredit people's support of it (namely mine, ABR's and Oj's).

I also don't like that he tries to take credit for the Reckoner wagon in the first place when it was started by DDD and Troll:
SC wrote:I started the wagon to see what sort of gut support there was for a Reck wagon.
No you didn't.
SC wrote:Turns out there's absolutely plenty. This is not necessarily a good sign. It either means he's obv scum and me calling for a wagon awakened a bit of gut in people, or it means that he's a good mislynch and the opportunists have popped on board.

As much as I was an instigator, as far as I'm aware I've given no reasons for anyone to join the wagon, so it's not like I've pushed it other than give people a license to join it. VP made a case and joined directly after I suggested it and Albert now seems very keen to lynch, both somewhat out of nowhere.
So you see what I mean? After it gained maximum traction, he's ready to discredit in any way possible.

Saying ABR's reasons were out of nowhere is semi-reasonable, but mine clearly were not.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:23 am

Post by Vi »

Oh,
that
on/off vote. I thought you were talking about sometime late in the Day.

What's odd is that SC also didn't mention xRx after he hopped off, beyond
SerialClergyman 870 wrote:He's not scum.

No self voters are ever scum :D
...which I get the impression had more to do with joking than making a comment about xRex360.

Since we're not getting an answer out of Sando for a few days, let's go this way (>")>
Unvote: Sando
Vote: SerialClergyman
(L-4)
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:08 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

I was just wrong. I thought the speed and size of Reck's wagon, coupled with his eclectic style meant that he probably wasn't scum. I expected him to flip town. I don't agree that Sando's efforts make him look like scum, I don't think sandoscum would wait so long to defend a buddy who was at L-1.

The self-voting thing was a joke about an ongoing game with Ojanen and ABR. I didn't think he'd flip scum, though.
I'm old now.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:12 am

99% hitogoroshi is scum. Just trust me.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:22 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:The scum's QT talk last night was probably something like "NK Amished Bus RECK gain cred" imo.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:24 am

VPB is terrible at this game. He cannot fathom a bus where a scum planned bus was almost inevitable considering how yesterday went.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:29 am

The last scum have to be DDD and hitogoroshi.

Serialclergyman and Vi are almost confirmed town. VPB is like a poor man's charlatan in this game; quite bad at it but thinks he is as good as the good players. I don't have much insight into Sando and Zorblag's play, but I think that DDD and hito makes the most sense.

So the scum were:

RECKONER
DDD
hitogoroshi

I'll have a case up next week.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:39 am

I would hate to wait for a case too so I will give you a rough draft of my thoughts.

First of all, let me ask all of the good players (that means everyone except VPB who is a complete nuisance) something:

Do you agree with me that it is safe to assume that both scum were on the RECKONER wagon yesterday?

Consider RECKONER actively trying to make himself seem scummy. His hurried and failed attempt to hammer himself. RECKONER would have at least waited that both scum be on his wagon until trying to off himself for the benefit of his partners. This is just common sense.

This means that VPB, who hammered after RECKONER voted himself, could be town. Or RECKONER voting himself could have been a signal for VPB to hammer.

But Serialclergyman comes out town out of this because he hopped off the RECKONER wagon.

Since I am town, this leaves hitogoroshi, Zorblag and DDD. Hitogoroshi made a 180 degree turn to vote RECKONER, so he is all but confirmed scum. Then we have Zorblag and DDD left. My pick is DDD, but if I'm wrong, it could be Zorblag.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Wow, more ad homs. What a surprise. Perhaps the mod should enforce the rules.
ABR wrote:VPB is terrible at this game. He cannot fathom a bus where a scum planned bus was almost inevitable considering how yesterday went.
That's exactly what I'm saying you did if you're scum. Sorry I didn't outline it step by step for you so you could comprehend it. I thought I made it clear when I pointed out your BS 'I found reck scummy sometime late day 1' business.
YOUR AD HERE

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:53 am

Perhaps you should shut your useless mouth up until other players can post. I don't know, just an innocent suggestion VPB.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:56 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Perhaps you should shut your useless mouth up until other players can post. I don't know, just an innocent suggestion VPB.
Good idea, here's what I say...

Vote: Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:57 am

This is my complete lack of surprise. I'm eagerly awaiting your partner hitogoroshi's vote too.

Then we will lynch the lot of you scumbags.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:08 am

The scum can't lynch me with only two players and VPB. Funny how they are trying to appear all threatening when they know far well they can't touch me with their weaksauce manpower. So sad. They misguidedly think they have a shot at the great Albert B. Rampage. Fanciful entrance is fancy. Sorry DDD, I wanted to see your scumhuntinng techniques but now I have to lynch you right after hito.

Return to “Completed Open Games”