Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by Netopalis »

(What about Yosarian's leader post and the subsequent votes are not straight-forward)
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by RayFrost »

tatetothetot wrote:
RayFrost wrote:
tatetothetot wrote: Rayfrost play is straight forward which is my main reason that he seems townie to me. But why I think Ray is town atm is not as important as to if anyone doesn't think he is town.
Citation needed.
You want me to quote times where I think you have been pro-town, or straight forward? Well, this is a straight forward post I just quoted. You want proof as to why I think you are town.
~.~

Your 'evidence' for finding me town is more pathetic than my lack of confidence.
don't you feel silly now?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:43 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Then the game dies in awe that I'm aware of how pathetic my lack of confidence is.

Awesome.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Still here, just nothing to add. You should be encouraged, though, by the amount of support you have from the other players. I mean, you'd be my second choice too, which isn't bad at all in a game of this size.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Netopalis wrote:Still here, just nothing to add. You should be encouraged, though, by the amount of support you have from the other players. I mean, you'd be my second choice too, which isn't bad at all in a game of this size.
Then you should give your own reasoning for why you think I'm town... after everybody trying to get me elected does so. (I say after so they don't latch onto your own reasoning)
tatetothetot
tatetothetot
Goon
tatetothetot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by tatetothetot »

RayFrost wrote:
tatetothetot wrote:
RayFrost wrote:
tatetothetot wrote: Rayfrost play is straight forward which is my main reason that he seems townie to me. But why I think Ray is town atm is not as important as to if anyone doesn't think he is town.
Citation needed.
You want me to quote times where I think you have been pro-town, or straight forward? Well, this is a straight forward post I just quoted. You want proof as to why I think you are town.
~.~

Your 'evidence' for finding me town is more pathetic than my lack of confidence.
Seriously Ray.... it's like you want me to start accusing you of being scum rather then town. Are you thinking that if my reasons for you being town are not good that I will switch my election vote? Not happening.
(What about Yosarian's leader post and the subsequent votes are not straight-forward)
Yosarian2 wrote:Hello, everyone. No vote right now.

On a side note, this is probably pretty obvious, but it's probably a good idea for people to not talk about their "lists" in thread at this point, since making that information public just makes it easier for scum to manipulate the game through nightkills (IE: killing someone who has a scum on top of their list to get their votes themselves, or if that's too obvious, killing someone to increase the voting power of their "pet townie".)

Talking about strategy, that whole "mafia win if they control half the votes" thing is also kind of scary, in the rules. If things go badly, town could lose really, really early because of that; say 25% of the people in the game is scum, which would make 6 people. That means scum control 6 votes out of 25 on day 1 (25 because of the double voter.)

That means that if the 7 townies die, or the double voter and 5 other townies die, and if the scum get control of all those votes, the scum end up with 13 votes. Which means that town could lose as early as day 3; even sooner if there's more then one kill a night.

I guess the best way to avoid that might be to try and keep our votes spread out, at least until we have a confirmed innocent to give them to; we don't want to put all our votes into one giant stack-of-doom and then have that person either be scum or accidentally give it all to a scum when they die. So if you see someone having control of a bunch of votes, you might want to move someone else to the top of your list. (Again, though, don't tell us when you do it).
Point out one part of this post that has anything to do with what this phase is, an election phase for the double vote. This entire post is just regurgitating the rules of the game and how scum wins and tells us nothing. I learned nothing from this post and as such considered it an indirect way to say, "Hey, I have logic so I know how to use my double vote."

The next page and from then on, he started earning votes.

Now I have a question. What is your point? It seems as this conversation has turned around to the point of drilling me for a scum slip.
And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Ray: I think that you're a town read because you haven't done anything stupid as per my previous post. I also think that you could judiciously use the vote. I also think that Yosarian is a bit more experienced and that it'd probably be best to have him with it.

Tate: So, it's wrong to discuss strategy at all? Also, the question of who to put in wills is the same as the question of who to vote for - it's all a question of who gets extra lynching votes. So, it discusses the entire game rather than just this phase. Big freaking deal. Honestly, this is about the biggest mountain that I've ever seen built from a molehill.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:53 pm

Post by Netopalis »

EBWODP: And yes, I am drilling you and Gayle because I find your posts questionable. I'm not sure if it's scummy or not. I could definitely see it being there, since Yosarian seems to (in my limited experience with him) prefer logical play while RayFrost is more tolerant of gut, meaning that Yosarian's extra vote would be likely to go against you or Gayle than RayFrost's.

tatetothetot
tatetothetot
Goon
tatetothetot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by tatetothetot »

Fine. In that case, I am done for the night. I will not be getting anywhere with you so I am going to just wait till the actual game starts. I hope some people change their mind and switch to Ray but Yos' "logic" seems to overpower us all.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Better than your ridiculously vague attempts at casting a shadow of fear over Yos' play before he even gets started.

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:58 pm

Post by RayFrost »

ITT, tate is defeated and runs with his tail between his legs to avoid having to back up his stance.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:58 pm

Post by RayFrost »

sarnath'd by neto
tatetothetot
tatetothetot
Goon
tatetothetot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:02 pm

Post by tatetothetot »

Wow. That just sucked the fun out of the game from me. Fine. I can't go to bed now after being insulted as a loser.

Tell me why I am wrong and why Yos deserves the double vote over Ray?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Yosarian will, on March 25, have 5 years of experience on this site alone, compared to RayFrost's 1. He has likely played in more games on this site than just about anybody else. His gameplay is, generally, impeccable. RayFrost is getting there, but like me, he only joined this Fall. I'm guessing that RayFrost feels much like me in that he feels that he needs more time and experience. I think it's a good reason to choose Yosarian here.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Er, RayFrost's less than 1. Sorry, a carryover from a mistake I made in a previous post.

tatetothetot
tatetothetot
Goon
tatetothetot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:28 pm

Post by tatetothetot »

Ok. So you personally want Yosarian to be our double voter because he is a more experienced player. So far, that seems to be most everyone else take on it too...

Ignoring my initial reaction to Yos' first post, let me explain why I do not want Yos to be our double voter.

Having a strong, logical player like Yosarian gain an extra vote in a game where votes are the primary way to win for scum, not kills, is a bad thing. First off, him being a good player and a slight chance to be scum means big trouble for town. We will not think to lynch him for at least two or three days if he doesn't die due to the fact there might be a doctor or some other reason scum wouldn't kill him. As scum, he could single handily win the game just because people trust his logic and meta from past games. However, if we have a basic player like Rayfrost is not to good but not bad either, then we are assured that he will not white knight the town as scum.

Second, and more importantly, by pushing for one of our better players to receive an extra vote is the same as painting a target on his head for night kill. If Yos is town, then he will die soon and there goes one of our stronger players.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by vikingfan »

I notice you're not mentioning the protector aspect such as a doctor or nurse or jailkeeper that could protect our double voter. Handing somebody that spot is not an immediate death wish. Now, should a doctor/nurse/jailkeeper automatically protect? Not necessarily. But now that the possibility is out there, scum may think twice about maybe wasting a kill.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Netopalis wrote:Yosarian will, on March 25, have 5 years of experience on this site alone, compared to RayFrost's 1. He has likely played in more games on this site than just about anybody else. His gameplay is, generally, impeccable. RayFrost is getting there, but like me, he only joined this Fall. I'm guessing that RayFrost feels much like me in that he feels that he needs more time and experience. I think it's a good reason to choose Yosarian here.
Who is the 'he' in the second sentence?

It can't possibly be Yos. Last I checked, yos has like... 10-20 games finished... I have nearly 30. ~.~
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:00 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Also, I don't feel that experience is a viable reason to give somebody a double vote.

It's like policy lynching somebody on D1.

Except it's policy electing somebody on D1.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:54 pm

Post by Netlava »

I can see tate's reasoning, I suppose. But the tradeoff is that if yosarian is town, then the extra votes may cause a headache for scum. We just have to be more wary of the double voters, no matter who receives the extra votes.
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:25 pm

Post by DocPotter »

"Except it's policy electing somebody on D1. "

Don't D1 policy lynches typically hit townies? So a policy elect might not be too bad :)

We need more players to post.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:16 am

Post by raider8169 »

RayFrost wrote:I have a town-read on gayle, you guys have a town-read on me.
I agree with you RayFrost

Unvote, Vote Gayle

I wouldnt mind HP getting the double vote either but I am hoping to start a bandwagon. Plus I like Gayle's posts thus far.
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:48 am

Post by The1fifi »

I am going V/LA for 2 days, and this game keeps accumulating tons of posts. argh =/

Keep it low for next 2 days, or i am sort of f*****..

I tried to catch up as much as i could before bailing, so:

Unvote

Vote Ray[/]

For being so humble, ahha =)
Matteh says :
Also, the wiki is only a REFERENCE point. Don't live by what it says
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:50 am

Post by raider8169 »

@Ray,

With all the people voting you tells me that just want you dead. If you are elected just make sure to update your list!
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:21 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

I finally could do a detailed read and decided I trust yos more than my dice.

Unvote, Vote Yos

Still, I don't think anything is wrong with electing using the dice today.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”