Mini 915 - Murder in Murder Free Village (Over)

Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:37 am

Post by Herodotus »

Day 2, Page 10 Vote Count:

kyle99 (3):
Kmd4390, vikingfan, jbernier93
Kmd4390 (1):
kyle99
Lastsurvivor (1):
charter
No Lynch (0):

Not voting (4):
Haschel Cedricson, Lastsurvivor, My Milked Eek, horrordude0215

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, or
to choose not to lynch.
Deadline is 5:00 AM UTC, Saturday, March 6.
Last edited by Herodotus on Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:59 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

It's my birthday today, so I won't be on much. Expect a post either tonight or tomorrow
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Remember when I said I'd post Sunday night? It turns out it was Valentine's Day on Sunday night, so I was unable to reread that day.
Kmd4390 wrote: ---------Haschel, can you explain why you voted NS?
Sure. There was the scummy play in general that most people commented on, but I explained the switch in post 141. I was absolutely convinced that dana was scum, and NS' post gave me the theory that the two were partners. The more I thought about it, the better the theory seemed. I announced that I was fine lynching either, and as soon as NS had more votes than dana I switched. If the town hadn't voted NS past dana, I would have stayed on dana.
kmd, in regards to kyle wrote:-Votes NS next post with "No worries"
--------Sounds like he had a feeling the vote would implicate him.
-"No one should hammer without a claim"
--------Stating the obvious. Filler.
I don't see these two things being suspicious on their own, but put together they seem a bit incongruous with each other. If you don't want him being hammered before he claims, the logical thing to do would be to unvote until he claims; there's little reason to make it easier for other players to do something you don't want them to do. I suppose it could be some sort of "trap" to see if people vote him before he claims, but I don't see that being particularly useful and at any rate I don't get the feeling that that's what kyle was doing.
LS wrote:Lovely. Two killing roles.
This reaction doesn't sit well with me. Part of this is the fact that it ignores the hider, although he comments on this in his next post. Another part is that I get the feeling that LS believes that the fact that there are two killing roles is detrimental to his side, which if he is town discounts the possibility of a vig that kyle pointed out.
jbernier wrote: So I know My Milked Eek is very busy and such, but does anyone else get major scumvibes from him? Or is that just me?
I don't see anything particularly damning, so it's just you. What specifically do you have in mind?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:47 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Haschel, I wouldn't call that a "trap", but I do see your point.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:59 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

I'm not totally sure what you mean here Hasch. I figured it was a vig (until I realized that there was a Hider), but I just used that phrasing so people wouldn't be like "Omg there could be a SK or something!!!!"
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:00 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Mod: Replacing out

I'm on vacation for the next week and don't know how much time I'll be able to get on.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:38 am

Post by Herodotus »

Seeking a replacement for horrordude0215.

Prodding My Milked Eek.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:38 am

Post by charter »

charter wrote:
@Everyone, what is your opinion on Lastsurvivor? Town or scum? If it's town, please explain what he's done to give you that impression.
Still wondering why more people aren't voting him right now.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Posting tomorrow during my class~

@charter: will do so tomorrow
@jbernier: where did you get that read? or is this some silly lurking thing?
Eek
!
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Charter, I can see him as scum, but I'm not very confident in that right now.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by kyle99 »

I could definatly see LastSurvivor being scum, he seems to be more interested in flaming people and self preservation than lynching scum. I'll
unvote, vote: lastsurvivor
for now. Interested to hear from him on who his suspects are.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Haschel, I wouldn't call that a "trap", but I do see your point.
Right, I'm saying it wasn't a trap. I meant that some other hypothetical player might use it as a trap, but kyle didn't give that feeling.

Of course, I suppose you could mean that you wouldn't consider anything about that play "trappish" regardless of the motivation, in which case the above paragraph is redundant.
I'm not totally sure what you mean here Hasch. I figured it was a vig (until I realized that there was a Hider), but I just used that phrasing so people wouldn't be like "Omg there could be a SK or something!!!!"
A vigilante would be an asset for the town, so your phrasing suggested that you DIDN'T figure it was a vig before you realized there was a hider.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Basically, I don't think Kyle was trying to make someone hammer and look scummy or anything like that. But I do find it suspicious that he was so comfortable near a lynch, but felt the need to state the obvious about not hammering without a claim.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

@Kyle: I'm not totally sure I'm flaming anyone, but alright. I'll try to get together something from my notes tomorrow, it's a bit late right now.

@Haschel: Well, I don't like vigilantes at all, but that's probably from me playing Epicmafia and the vig always screwing everything up. I guess they're an asset to the town in a more long-term setting.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:35 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Mod: Cancel the replacement (If possible)

I found out today that I'll have time to myself and I will be able to do this after all. Sorry about the confusion! :oops:
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:21 am

Post by Herodotus »

horrordude0215 wrote:
Mod: Cancel the replacement (If possible)
I was just about to send your role PM to a replacement, but if you're sure you can continue, then game on.

Prodding vikingfan.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:26 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

I'll do a reread soon... expect my post within the next few hours
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Herodotus »

horrordude0215's sig wrote:Games in now:
Newbie 910
Sajin's Space Quest Mafia
But this omission, I cannot tolerate. :)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by charter »

Still waiting for people to explain why they think LS is town, or why they aren't voting him, or how the universe started.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Oops, got caught up in hw. Anyway, I took a look at LS's history...very little substantial material there. However, he was NOT on the NS wagon, which I find interesting since I'm thinking there was at least one scum on it. I have to go now but want to see what people think of that wagon...other than kmd, I've heard basically NO analysis at all of that wagon.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Dang, I just went through the vote counts by Herodotus. The amazing thing is, as late as page 4, only one vote was on LS by Nicodemus (who we know now to be town). On page 5, only charter had a vote on him. But by page 6, Dana, Nicodemus, and jbernier are ALL on the bandwagon and it's not long before kyle and Haschel are on it too.

I'm betting one of these last 3 is scum and saw an easy wagon to get on and kill an innocent townie. That wagon just grew way too fast for me to feel like there's not at least ONE scum behind it.

Thoughts?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:58 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Viking, I assume you mean NS, not LS.

I agree though. In all of the games I have played/seen, I can only remember one time when on a Day 1 mislynch, you couldn't find a scum on the wagon. That lynch happened on Page 1. That's why that is usually the first place I look for a scum on Day 2 when there is a mislynch Day 1. Day 3 is even better because you can take the 2 lynches, regardless of flips, and put them together to find scum.

Kyle and Jb are good places to look based on the lynch. I outlined why earlier.
jbernier93
jbernier93
Goon
jbernier93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:09 am

Post by jbernier93 »

Sorry about lack of activity, sick tuesday and busy on wednesday...
unvote
vote: lastsurvivor
. Charter has opened my eyes to the scumminess of a player who I was basically letting stay off my radar. Yes this is bandwagoning and following doing what another player wants me to without considering their alignment, but LS is hella scummy.
0/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI1tquUo2ng ^Watch this hilarious speech by someone in my Public Speaking class
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Charter, what do you think of Kyle and Jb? I named both as likely scum to start the day, and now both have followed your LS vote.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:20 am

Post by charter »

I'm not suspicious of anyone who voted for NS because of the fact that they voted him. He was scummy and a lynch was merited. I find those (kmd, viking (what a coincidence it's those two)) that are trying to use it as their sole scumhunting to be suspect. There was really good reason to lynch NS, so I'm actually a bit wary about those who didn't vote him knowing he wasn't going to flip scum. It's like they knew he was going to get himself lynched anyway, so they tried to distance their self from a town lynch. Typical scumplay.

Now, they're using this nonsense of 'well soandso voted a townie, he must be scum' to justify a vote today. I didn't see either one of them object to the wagon yesterday, in fact, kmd was even on it. This is kmd doing more of trying to have his cake (vote of NS) and eat it too (vote someone else for voting NS). Viking is doing it as well (by virtue of not objecting to the wagon yesterday) though he at least got here late and to a lesser degree. Scummy.

I'm weary of Kyle, but for reasons entirely unrelated to his vote of NS (I do agree with viking that his fishing was suspicious, but he did retract it a minute later, so I'm giving it a pass) but I also don't like how his play is eerily similar to that mini we were just in together.

Jbernier looks town as hell to me, what does he look to you?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”