Monty Python Quest for the holy grail, GAME OVER!!!

mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:19 pm

Post by mathcam »

And werebear's the only other one to post. I guess at least if one of the three of us is evil, they'll be plenty of juicy posts to pick through later. I'm going after....

Vote: God

though *ah-hem* I'm never opposed to lynching any knights of a particular color that happen to currently be partially limbless.

Cam
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:21 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

The Saigon wagon hasn't gotten anywhere. At least he's participating.
Unvote Saigon; Vote God

-DS
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:27 pm

Post by Night Stalker »

I got the feeling that Mathcam wasn't a head, as last nights story made a point of telling us that Korsais protected Mathcam - and the heads didn't get a kill. Still, Fishbulb's musings make sense. And it's satisfing to vote against the person who's most actively trying to get you lynched.

But then Mathcam unvotes Fishbulb and goes and votes god, who's gone ahead and voted for me today. And Fishbulb unvotes Mathcam, just for answering half of his suspicions. Which makes both of them suspicious in my book. Could they BOTH be heads or Frenchies, working together to make people think that they're not on the same side, while bringing up and then dismissing suspicions against themselves?

And meanwhile, the bandwagon on Saigon seems to have fizzeled for no appearent reason. (Not that I found him very suspicious in the first place.) Maybe I yesterday I should have started talking about my new girlfriend instead of actually defending myself.

And I still dont trust Loose Cannon.

Who to vote for, who to vote for??

(Massive, I'll address your post when I have some more time.)
[size=75]"It's only a bunny!"[/size]
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:42 pm

Post by Darkblade »

Night Stalker wrote: Maybe I yesterday I should have started talking about my new girlfriend instead of actually defending myself.
Don't you mean shouldn't :P

My suspicion of Saigon is still intact, btw.
"Trying to outguess the mod can be hazardous to your health" - Foolster41 in Paranoid Mafia
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:03 pm

Post by Werebear »

I still don't understand why we think the three heads don't (or didn't) know who the other ones were. Maybe I'm dense.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:35 pm

Post by Saigon »

I still don't understand why we think the three heads don't (or didn't) know who the other ones were. Maybe I'm dense.
mmm, because Macros told us you son of a silly person.
Maybe I yesterday I should have started talking about my new girlfriend instead of actually defending myself.
She's not my girlfriend, that's the problem :( But honestly, if my completely off-topic post had any bearing on people voting for me, I urge them to vote for me. An off-topic post should have no influence on the game, if not then I could invent a new mafia tactic called the "whine about how deppressed you are, and being lynched would realy make an awful week even worse" tactic.
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:49 pm

Post by Saigon »

Oh, and I watched the film again today, while writing notes I might add.

I found out there was depending on your definition of "named" 22 named characters who actually appeared in the film. That's not counting many obvious roles that are not "named" like; The killer rabbit, the three-headed knight, the knights who say "NI"!, The black knight and so on.

Overall I've come to the conclusion that it is quite probable that Concorde is in the game, but also quite probable that he isn't. I think we all can agree that no matter if you think he's suspicious or not, Loose Cannon is not an affirmed innocent.
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:08 pm

Post by Saigon »

Damn, I'm triple posting now, but I had to say that for some reason I thought this game started out with 30 players. Did it really start out with 23?

Anyway, with 23 players It's suddenly much more likely that concorde isn't in the game, but I must admit that there's still a chance that Loose Cannon is telling the truth, and therefor I can't vote for him because if I get him lynched today and he turns out innocent I'll get lynched tomorrow.

Another thing that strikes me is that Loose Cannon says his only ability is to survive one night attack. I truely believe all characters in this game has one ability or another, atleast more signifiant than surviving one night attack.

Oh, what the heck I'm gonna put my life on the line on this one. I still hope I won't get lynched tomorow if I'm wrong on this one, but I feel atleast 70-80% sure he's scum, so I'll
vote: Loose cannon
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:33 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Could they BOTH be heads or Frenchies, working together to make people think that they're not on the same side, while bringing up and then dismissing suspicions against themselves?
Maybe. I wouldn't put it past Cam.

On a side note I had an interesting Physics Extra Credit Question:

1) What is your name (everyone got that right).
2) What is your Quest?
3) What is the average air speed velocity of a swallow?

*I got them all right! :D *

-DS
bane221
bane221
Goon
bane221
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:57 pm

Post by bane221 »

Ok, playing some catch-up...

So Saigon, if I believe Loose Cannon is innocent can I skip the middle man and vote you today? I see all these arguments and they are all based on numbers it seems... Hmm...

I am still not-against the lynching of the Knight if need be but for now I'll provoke
and see what the Almighty sends forth.
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:23 am

Post by Saigon »

Yes, you can vote for me today. I won't like it but it's not like I can stop you, right?
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:37 am

Post by Fishbulb »

I agree with most of what you are saying, Saigon. I, too, am skeptical of Concorde's presence in this game. It made more sense early in the game, but with the dwindling numbers it's starting to look less likely that he is in here.

As for God, well, if the votes don't get his attention, I might have to add one his way. Come on people, let's play here.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:38 am

Post by mathcam »

But then Mathcam unvotes Fishbulb and goes and votes god, who's gone ahead and voted for me today. And Fishbulb unvotes Mathcam, just for answering half of his suspicions. Which makes both of them suspicious in my book. Could they BOTH be heads or Frenchies, working together to make people think that they're not on the same side, while bringing up and then dismissing suspicions against themselves?
I can definitely see what you're saying. That whole page had this nice "Let's stop fighting and be friends" feel to all of it. But a lot of interesting questions were raised and some were answered. I'm still a little suspicious of Fishbulb, but less so than lurkers. Mostly, I think we just got bored of taking stabs at each other while no one else was participating.

Cam
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:41 am

Post by Fishbulb »

My suspicions were pretty weak. No one else seemed to care either way, so it's not like I could take him down myself. Once I realized the main issue was actually false, what's the point? With my slight uneasiness to leaving the Black Knight in our midst, and growing doubts about Concorde, why would I want to lynch someone on baseless suspicions?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:55 am

Post by mathcam »

One last pro-lynching-black-knight possibility (sorry Night Stalker ;)) is that a possible weakening of the 3 heads (I mentioned earlier that it's possible to have 4 killing groups if some or all of them are somehow weakened) is that they can't kill on a night following a day without a lynch. That's the kind of role I like to put in my games. If this possibility holds any water, then lynching him might stop the three heads from killing again.

I realize this is somewhat remote, but we haven't come up with a good reason why the three heads couldn't/didn't kill last night, right? Role blocks have (sometimes) been reported to us. Mayvbe a doc just got lucky, or maybe there's something more to the story.

Cam
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:27 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I don't know. I sersiously doubt the possiblilty that they can't kill after a no lynch day. That's kind of rediculous. I'd guess it was a roll blocker or something else we don't know about yet. I definetly feel that Concorde is in the game, so my vote will not go on him.

-DS
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:28 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Some type of doc is also very likely in the game. Or maybe there are charaters immune to night kills?

-DS
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:51 am

Post by Orbiting »

It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:16 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Uhh, Orbiting, you haven't really been a big contribution to this game. I'm not sure if it's in your best interest to just hop in to vote without any explanation at all.
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:02 am

Post by Orbiting »

OK. Fourteen left in the game. Two are heads, per the film, and at least two are French (I think - I have yet to see a game with less than three in a mafia group). So say four bad guys. (not including the Black Knight, if he's a bad guy, but we already know who he is, so I'm not all that worried about him at the moment).

As it happens, I have some justification for voting God - I'm a cop. I investigated him back when he was Jadesmar, and I got a bad-guy result.

Since I'm probably going to die now, I might as well tell you what else I have. I also got guilty results on Loose Cannon and fishbulb. Since none of the people I've investigated have yet joined the choir invisible, snuffed it, or become Ex-Kanigghets, I can't speak to my sanity, but I'm all for joining the bandwagon on God and checking it that way.

If I'm sane, then even if I die tonight, the town has the potential to take care of 3 out of 4 mafia - I think that's worth it.
It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:07 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Wow, that's much better... except the incriminating me part.

I seriously have to doubt your sanity. A vote for God or Loose Cannon is a vote for me, and I know I'm innocent.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:36 am

Post by Werebear »

Um, Orbiting? Before I do anything on what you post - and I would tend to believe you insane (finding three town is much more logical than finding three mafia) or paranoid... I would like to ask you this.

Do you have a role name???
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:49 am

Post by Orbiting »

The insane option seems viable. If it should come to that, I also investigated Thoth and found him innocent.

And I do have a role name. I am Arthur, King of the Britons.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:52 am

Post by Werebear »

King of the who? ;)
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:54 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Orbiting, I'm going to say that you are paranoid. There's no way you got so lucky as to get 3 guilties.

-DS

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”